PDA

View Full Version : U.S. military begins testing ‘smart’ rifles

Jeff
01-18-2014, 08:09 AM
This is a wild new gun that looks as though anyone can shoot and be right on, I think it can be a real game changer once perfected. The only problem with them ( that jumps out ) is the cost.

The U.S. military has begun testing several so-called smart rifles made by the applied technology start-up TrackingPoint Inc., company officials said.
The Army is rumored to have acquired six of the precision-guided firearms, which cost as much as $27,000 apiece. Oren Schauble, a marketing official with the Austin, Texas-based company, confirmed the military bought a handful of them in recent months for evaluation. A spokeswoman for the service didn’t immediately respond to an email requesting comment.

http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2014/01/16/us-military-begins-testing-smart-rifles/

revelarts
01-18-2014, 09:05 AM
wow

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
01-18-2014, 10:53 AM
This is a wild new gun that looks as though anyone can shoot and be right on, I think it can be a real game changer once perfected. The only problem with them ( that jumps out ) is the costs. http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2014/01/16/us-military-begins-testing-smart-rifles/ A big mistake for us as this will eventually get into enemy hands and one of our great strengths has always been in the greater ability to shoot we have over other nation's soldiers. We here in the South cut our teeth on shooting. Do not think such technology will remain solely with us. I see it as a mistake myself. Imagine this technology in Chinese soldiers hands where they outnumber us about 30 to one. We lose... As it currently is they shoot so badly our guys would stand a good chance of defeating them even at that number IMHO.--Tyr

aboutime
01-18-2014, 02:05 PM
A big mistake for us as this will eventually get into enemy hands and one of our great strengths has always been in the greater ability to shoot we have over other nation's soldiers. We here in the South cut our teeth on shooting. Do not think such technology will remain solely with us. I see it as a mistake myself. Imagine this technology in Chinese soldiers hands where they outnumber us about 30 to one. We lose... As it currently is they shoot so badly our guys would stand a good chance of defeating them even at that number IMHO.--Tyr

Tyr. With the way Obammer is giving secrets, and stuff away to APPEASE his friends, and OUR Enemies. Is there any wonder why he, and the dems in congress have been DOWNSIZING our military at the top in the Pentagon.

Obama and Clinton have sold US down the river many times.