PDA

View Full Version : Seahawks Player’s Wild Post-Game Rant: ‘I’m the Best Corner in the Game!’

Jeff
01-21-2014, 08:27 AM
What a piece of trash, sportsmanship must not of been on this guys list of things to learn while in school nor was the English language on his list of things to learn. So he received a taunting penalty for his behavior ( of course that didn't do anything anyway the game was over ) I feel bad for the Seahawks because this guys childish behavior has made many feel that they would love to see Peyton destroy them, personally I just hope Peyton goes at this guy all day and if they do he will slip up at least once ( he is a great safety but he is also human ) and then I pray they treat him the same way he treated Crabtree.

When this first took place I thought Sherman was being a great sport and that Crabtree was the piss poor sport but when asked about it well after the game Sherman Laughed and said " I told him nice try but that is what ya get when you play against me" It would of been nice to see someone choke the hell out of this guy.

Seattle Seahawks cornerback Richard Sherman helped seal his team’s NFC Championship win over the San Francisco 49ers Sunday by tipping a late-game desperation pass, which was intercepted in the end zone. After the heroic play, Sherman was called for a taunting penalty after he got in the face of 49ers receiver Michael Crabtree, which cost the Seahawks a meaningless 10 yards just before the game ended. But that was merely Sherman’s opening act. After the victory, sideline reporter Erin Andrews corralled Sherman for a quick interview…and Sherman let loose with a vicious rant. “I’m the best corner in the game! When you (unintelligible) with a sorry receiver like Crabtree, that’s the result you’re gonna get! Don’t you ever talk about me!”

http://conservativevideos.com/2014/01/seahawks-players-wild-post-game-rant-im-best-corner-game/

darin
01-22-2014, 07:35 AM
Richard Sherman probably IS the best cornerback in the game. Unfortunately, he uses anger/pride to fuel his game. I enjoyed hearing exactly what an athlete feels vs the canned clichés typical of a post-game interview. My opinion? Richard should have left his trash-talking to Crabtree and NOT blasting him on-air.

Sherm is VERY intelligent, though - he has quite a story if one were to research it.

Jeff
01-22-2014, 08:21 AM
Richard Sherman probably IS the best cornerback in the game. Unfortunately, he uses anger/pride to fuel his game. I enjoyed hearing exactly what an athlete feels vs the canned clichés typical of a post-game interview. My opinion? Richard should have left his trash-talking to Crabtree and NOT blasting him on-air.

Sherm is VERY intelligent, though - he has quite a story if one were to research it.

I agree dmp, if Sherman had left Crabtree alone and only made his statements after the game ( even the same comments he did say ) I would of been fine with it but to do what he did in the end zone was just piss poor IMO

I have to wonder if he gets burnt and one of the Bronco's throw it in his face if he will still think his actions are OK

darin
01-22-2014, 12:37 PM
I agree dmp, if Sherman had left Crabtree alone and only made his statements after the game ( even the same comments he did say ) I would of been fine with it but to do what he did in the end zone was just piss poor IMO

I have to wonder if he gets burnt and one of the Bronco's throw it in his face if he will still think his actions are OK

I doubt he could get burned by any of the Broncos.... just sayin :)

jimnyc
01-23-2014, 10:37 AM
When I saw him run to Crabtree with time still left on the clock, and then his immediate interview a few minutes later, my first though was "what a dick". I was always a fan of his, as he's awesome and one of, if not THE, best cover corner in the league. Then I thought about it and realized that would BE ME had I ever been blessed with the skills and were in the NFL!! Could he have acted better? Of course. Someone said a long time ago that when you score, or win, act like you've been there before. But you know what, not everyone has been there before.

Actually, if ME, I would have avoided Crabtree and simply followed Harbaugh around laughing at him. I hate that coach. Him and Belichick can now whine together.

And speaking of NE and their whining coach, who stated that Wes Welker PURPOSELY took out Talib on a crossing pattern - the NFL has ruled and said it was not fine worthy AND that it wasn't even penalty worthy.

logroller
01-23-2014, 11:11 AM
I disagree. I think trash talk belongs on the field, not post game interviews....although the interview was technically on the field, but still.

jimnyc
01-23-2014, 11:17 AM
I disagree. I think trash talk belongs on the field, not post game interviews....although the interview was technically on the field, but still.

He was borderline trashing on the field. He went over and told Crabtree great game, but that wasn't the time as it made it appear that he was rubbing it in, as just a few short seconds later he went towards the Niners bench and gave Harbaugh and others the "choke" sign, which drew a penalty. Then he did it in the on field interview, and then again in the after game press conference.

But if to weigh them, I would agree, the trash talking should be left on the field. It's a passionate game and sure brings out the raw emotions of some of the players. But then again, MANY greats have come and gone that never got into the trash talking. I have mixed emotions about the whole thing as I freely admit that I would likely be on the side of the trash talking.

Abbey Marie
01-23-2014, 11:21 AM
Eh, you either act with class, or you don't. He doesn't, but he is far from alone in the NFL.

I think sometimes we expect too much from people whose childhoods aren't exactly filled with good role models. I like to focus on the Larry Fitzgeralds of the league.

And I'll take this guy over a cheater like Brady any day.

jimnyc
01-23-2014, 11:25 AM
I gotta give my own guy props - Troy Polamalu from the Steelers. VERY gracious and says a short prayer between each and every play. Perennial pro bowl player, with respect and graciousness, and being so soft spoken doesn't hurt. Never once saw him trash talk.

darin
01-23-2014, 11:43 AM
Or the majority of Hawks who are awesome and professional and all that.

:)

jimnyc
01-23-2014, 11:48 AM
Or the majority of Hawks who are awesome and professional and all that.

:)

I like Wilson and Lynch the most, but I like Sherman because he's awesome! There's a reason that the play at the end of the game was only the 2nd time the entire game he had to defend - they were afraid to pass near him.

But this will be a tough game. Like I said in the last one, they need Lynch to be big in order to win, and while he wasn't awesome with every touch, he did lead enough, and his TD run was frickin awesome! But they're not scoring a whole lot, and I think Manning still gets points in against the Hawk's D. They need the D to stalk Manning, and give Wilson time to make the passes. I know that goes without saying, so I'm just sayin!

darin
01-23-2014, 12:51 PM
Kinda jacked up for Crabtree to push Sherm in the face when Sherm tries to be a sportsman....

http://mynorthwest.com/292/2439481/Seahawks-Richard-Sherman-micd-up-for-title-game

Thunderknuckles
01-23-2014, 01:10 PM
Kinda jacked up for Crabtree to push Sherm in the face when Sherm tries to be a sportsman....

http://mynorthwest.com/292/2439481/Seahawks-Richard-Sherman-micd-up-for-title-game
Yep, that part was known from the beginning but the media overlooked it because of the post game interview.
I completely underastand why Sherman went off the way he did.

Jeff
01-23-2014, 05:08 PM
He was borderline trashing on the field. He went over and told Crabtree great game, but that wasn't the time as it made it appear that he was rubbing it in, as just a few short seconds later he went towards the Niners bench and gave Harbaugh and others the "choke" sign, which drew a penalty. Then he did it in the on field interview, and then again in the after game press conference.

But if to weigh them, I would agree, the trash talking should be left on the field. It's a passionate game and sure brings out the raw emotions of some of the players. But then again, MANY greats have come and gone that never got into the trash talking. I have mixed emotions about the whole thing as I freely admit that I would likely be on the side of the trash talking.

In like his second interview he explained what he said to Crabtree and it was something like ( no I don't remember word for word ) but he said nice try but that is what you get when you go against me I AM THE BEST!

I understand getting pumped for the game but when you just sealed the deal maybe you can act a little human? These players spend there college years and even the pro's throw flags ( as we seen ) so the NFL don't think it is right and personally I don't either but that is just my opinion.

I guess those of you that think this is fine also stood up and applauded Deion Sanders when he would high step it into the end zone, again me I felt more like Terry Bradshaw ( I( believe it was him that said it ) he was announcing one day and as Deion did the high step he said wouldn't it be nice to see him pull a hamstring :laugh: now that would of been funny.

What about when Warren Sapp would skip through the other teams warm ups ? Again it was funny but rather classless.

Abbey Marie
01-23-2014, 06:12 PM
In like his second interview he explained what he said to Crabtree and it was something like ( no I don't remember word for word ) but he said nice try but that is what you get when you go against me I AM THE BEST!

I understand getting pumped for the game but when you just sealed the deal maybe you can act a little human? These players spend there college years and even the pro's throw flags ( as we seen ) so the NFL don't think it is right and personally I don't either but that is just my opinion.

I guess those of you that think this is fine also stood up and applauded Deion Sanders when he would high step it into the end zone, again me I felt more like Terry Bradshaw ( I( believe it was him that said it ) he was announcing one day and as Deion did the high step he said wouldn't it be nice to see him pull a hamstring :laugh: now that would of been funny.

What about when Warren Sapp would skip through the other teams warm ups ? Again it was funny but rather classless.

I don't think it's fine, Jeff. It's more that my expectations of people in general are pretty low these days. There is precious little decency left. I know it's a bit tangential, but when we have posters in middle school normalizing anal sex, how much refinement or decorum can we expect? Add to the crassness of our current culture the special treatment that athletes at this level get all the way through their careers, and I just don't expect much. When I see a Larry Fitzgerald or a Tim Tebow it is such a pleasant surprise.