PDA

View Full Version : Only the police can be trusted to safely handle firearms

Little-Acorn
01-22-2014, 02:24 PM
I keep hearing from our brethern of the southpaw persuasion, that regular people should not be allowed to own guns. Only police, with their specialized training, can be trusted to safely handle firearms, they say.

As for me, I never feel completely safe when relying only on police for protection.

And this doesn't help.

---------------------------------------

http://jobs.aol.com/articles/2014/01/21/connersville-police-chief-shoots-himself-again/?ncid=txtlnkusaolp00000058&

Police Chief Accidentally Shoots Himself -- Again
Nurses thought the police chief was kidding

By Erik Sherman
Posted Jan 21st 2014 @ 7:30PM

Call it embarrassing. As the saying goes, police officers are there to preserve order and protect the public. Sometimes that means the use of deadly force through discharging a weapon, along with all the paperwork and explanations that accompany the action.

Other times, though, a pistol will only serve to keep officers on their toes. Or off them, literally, as Connersville, Indiana police chief David Counceller has learned. For the second time in 15 years.

According to the Indy Star, the 34-year veteran of the Connersville Police Department accidentally shot himself in the leg with a 40-caliber Glock handgun. This was the second time in 15 years that Counceller had accidentally shot himself.

The first time, he was acting as a third-shift captain and was unloading a gun before taking it to the gunsmith. Counceller failed to check if there was a bullet in the chamber. There was and it went through his hand. "That one really hurt," he told the Indy Star.

This time, he was at a local gun shop. Counceller, off-duty at the time, had taken his Glock out to compare the firearm to a newer model. All was fine until he returned the gun to its holster.

"It got tangled in my clothing," Counceller said of his weapon. "I was wearing a sweatshirt and a fleece jacket. I felt (the gun) go in the holster and I pushed it, but it was tangled in the material which caused it to discharge. The bullet went into my leg and then into the floor."

tailfins
01-22-2014, 03:55 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NDKe2PVphg

Abbey Marie
01-23-2014, 04:39 PM
Only the police should have guns? Really? That is precisely why our children NEED to study world and American history.

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQah2uANmme6EJPT_gW3EOaWcNXr2hin gRcX9VmwzRGDwkL1p17

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
01-23-2014, 04:58 PM
Only the police should have guns? Really? That is precisely why our children NEED to study world and American history.

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQah2uANmme6EJPT_gW3EOaWcNXr2hin gRcX9VmwzRGDwkL1p17 The German populace was disarmed before the final solution . Only government had guns. A great way to make the majority obey as slaves. Tis' why our government is on a hell bent crusade to disarm us. -Tyr

Abbey Marie
01-23-2014, 06:05 PM
WWWS

(What Would Washington Say? - Not much, he'd be too busy spinning in his grave after all he fought for).

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
01-23-2014, 06:42 PM
WWWS

(What Would Washington Say? - Not much, he'd be too busy spinning in his grave after all he fought for). If he were brought back today he'd be raising an army right now to dethrone the sorry ass dictator there now IMHO. And very likely he would chose to cut the traitor down with his very own sword too. -Tyr

jafar00
01-23-2014, 07:05 PM
It's a vicious circle.

You don't feel safe because there are guns everywhere so you want a gun too to protect yourself from the other guns and to have just in case the government decides to do stuff you don't like so you can have an armed revolution or something.

What a life some of you lead.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
01-24-2014, 08:10 AM
It's a vicious circle.

You don't feel safe because there are guns everywhere so you want a gun too to protect yourself from the other guns and to have just in case the government decides to do stuff you don't like so you can have an armed revolution or something.

You don't feel safe because there are guns everywhere Bull, I'd feel safer were there more guns in the hands of law abiding citizens. You haven't a clue about that and feel safer with being cared for like a child by an all powerful authority. Cops here do not man a 24/7 watch over my home. I do! I do far more in that regard than they do. -Tyr

aboutime
01-24-2014, 03:55 PM
It's a vicious circle.

Jafar. Nobody is forcing you to own, or have a gun. But think about it. If someone else decides they want to have a gun, and want to take your property, or assault you...or your family.
Which of you would win if you only had a knife, baseball bat, or you threw stones?

Gaffer
01-24-2014, 04:24 PM

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQah2uANmme6EJPT_gW3EOaWcNXr2hin gRcX9VmwzRGDwkL1p17

That's what the current administration and their minions want to do to conservatives in this country.

Conservatives, the new Jews.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
01-25-2014, 08:36 AM
That's what the current administration and their minions want to do to conservatives in this country.

Conservatives, the new Jews. the three C's are the new Jews with this administration = Conservatives, Christians and Capitalists. Toss in another one that is very high on their destroy list = Patriots. And we have CCCP , the primary target of the bampunk and his corrupt crew .-Tyr