PDA

View Full Version : BREAKING: U.S. Military Dress Code To Now Allow Muslim Friendly Beards And Turbans

Jeff
01-23-2014, 06:39 AM
It now hits the way our military looks, I have to wonder why this never happened so that other religious folks could of wore there religious clothes ? Why now ?

The Obama Administration’s Pentagon is set to alter longstanding military uniform practices in order to allow more Muslim and Sikh friendly rules that would welcome full beards and turbans to be worn as part of official military dress. The new rules are being done under the guise of “religious freedom”.

http://teapartyorg.ning.com/forum/topic/show?id=4301673%3ATopic%3A2346766&xgs=1&xg_source=msg_share_topic

darin
01-23-2014, 10:06 AM
Fucking embarassing. This army is going straight to shit.

Voted4Reagan
01-23-2014, 10:08 AM
Beards make great Handles in Hand to Hand situations.....

Great way to yank off someones head...

Great idea Obama..... NOT

jimnyc
01-23-2014, 10:39 AM
If true, they are making a mistake. I don't care if it's Sikh's, Muslims, women, men or anyone else - they should ALL fit within the same guidelines and ALL dress identically. We have the best military in the world - don't fix what ain't broken.

jimnyc
01-23-2014, 10:40 AM
Btw, don't see this on any major media outlet when doing a search. So just to be first - FAKE! :)

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
01-23-2014, 11:12 AM
Got to be false IMHO. Beards do not allow for a safe fit of gas masks. I await for further links verifying it before I comment more. -Tyr

jafar00
01-23-2014, 01:39 PM
Got to be false IMHO. Beards do not allow for a safe fit of gas masks. I await for further links verifying it before I comment more. -Tyr

You have a point. When I was in the Army, moustaches were allowed but beards not because of that very reason. However big bushy beards were allowed in the navy and worn with pride. Is it the same in the US?

jafar00
01-23-2014, 01:41 PM
What a website btw. Totally focused on hating Muslims alone related to this story but nothing said about the pictured Sikh. Poor sheeple.

aboutime
01-23-2014, 03:52 PM

In 1985, while deployed in the MED during a six month cruise aboard a U.S.Navy ship. All of us who wore Beards of any kind...were instructed by the CHIEF OF NAVAL OPERATIONS to remove our beards due to safety factors...mentioned by TYR.

We wore OBA (oxygen breathing apparatus) in the navy during firefighting. Our beards made it impossible to get a secure, airtight seal around our neck, and face which was dangerous for ALL CREW MEMBERS.

Then in 1990, at the start of the GULF WAR. When we learned we might be threatened with SADDAM'S gas attacks, both on land, and at sea. Our GAS MASKS needed a really tight seal to prevent ANY amount of possible NERVE, and MUSTARD gas from KILLING US.
Of course. We didn't have beards, but we were required to shave every day to maintain that close, tight seal.

Which brings us to how the Pentagon is BENDING OVER for religious, and Politically correct reasons to appease certain religious beliefs...ALL THE WHILE...Our military is DEMANDING that CHRISTIANS may not speak, sing, or pray...while in uniform, or on military establishments, or ships.

OBAMA AND THE HATE MONGERS OF THE MUSLIM BROTHERHOOD IN WASHINGTON ARE DESTROYING OUR MILITARY.

Jeff
01-23-2014, 05:18 PM
OK I felt I had a good source being as it came through the Tea Party but I guess I was wrong I apologize, so now I typed it into Google and boom there it is being reported by NBC and again I am thinking they are truthful as well but I am sure I will be told how I am wrong ( and maybe so )

The Pentagon on Wednesday is expected to announce widespread changes to rules governing religious items and religion-based physical attributes that service members can maintain while in uniform — including beards, some religious tattoos, and turbans.
NBC News obtained an early draft of the new Department of Defense instruction which states that the military will make every effort to accommodate “individual expressions of sincerely held beliefs” (conscience, moral principles, or religious beliefs) of service members.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2014/01/22/22376938-pentagon-to-relax-rules-on-personal-religious-wear-including-beards-turbans

aboutime
01-23-2014, 05:30 PM
OK I felt I had a good source being as it came through the Tea Party but I guess I was wrong I apologize, so now I typed it into Google and boom there it is being reported by NBC and again I am thinking they are truthful as well but I am sure I will be told how I am wrong ( and maybe so )

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2014/01/22/22376938-pentagon-to-relax-rules-on-personal-religious-wear-including-beards-turbans

Just One more step toward the destruction of our military.
Bending over backward is what COWARDS, AND GAYS do....like Obama, and those officers who haven't been fired because they KISS ASS.

jimnyc
01-23-2014, 06:00 PM

I missed this, good find. I have to disagree with the decision. And I don't care who it is asking for the accommodation. Even if it were a lily white Christian! I think the "uniform" in uniform is important. How long has our armed forces been together? How many times prior to this have they changed? I honestly don't know. I also don't pretend to be more informed than the military. I just think that - all should be the same. This goes for bears as well. The image of our military counts, in addition to the previously mentioned safety issues.

jafar00
01-23-2014, 07:16 PM
OBAMA AND THE HATE MONGERS OF THE MUSLIM BROTHERHOOD IN WASHINGTON ARE DESTROYING OUR MILITARY.

As if the MB would be campaigning for Sikh rights. You are too eager to see Obama as a MB shill aren't you?

aboutime
01-23-2014, 10:24 PM
As if the MB would be campaigning for Sikh rights. You are too eager to see Obama as a MB shill aren't you?

No. Obama is not a shill. Outright members of such organizations who betray the people they are elected to represent, and protect is not being a shill. Just a TRAITOR.

Gaffer
01-24-2014, 04:39 PM
Let them have their beard and run a CS gas course. Watch how soon after that the beard is removed. Watching them puke in the mask would be fun too. Tear gas is a minor annoyance compared to CS.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
01-25-2014, 08:40 AM
In 1985, while deployed in the MED during a six month cruise aboard a U.S.Navy ship. All of us who wore Beards of any kind...were instructed by the CHIEF OF NAVAL OPERATIONS to remove our beards due to safety factors...mentioned by TYR.

We wore OBA (oxygen breathing apparatus) in the navy during firefighting. Our beards made it impossible to get a secure, airtight seal around our neck, and face which was dangerous for ALL CREW MEMBERS.

Then in 1990, at the start of the GULF WAR. When we learned we might be threatened with SADDAM'S gas attacks, both on land, and at sea. Our GAS MASKS needed a really tight seal to prevent ANY amount of possible NERVE, and MUSTARD gas from KILLING US.
Of course. We didn't have beards, but we were required to shave every day to maintain that close, tight seal.

Which brings us to how the Pentagon is BENDING OVER for religious, and Politically correct reasons to appease certain religious beliefs...ALL THE WHILE...Our military is DEMANDING that CHRISTIANS may not speak, sing, or pray...while in uniform, or on military establishments, or ships.

OBAMA AND THE HATE MONGERS OF THE MUSLIM BROTHERHOOD IN WASHINGTON ARE DESTROYING OUR MILITARY. Exactly, that is who is doing it and why its being done..-Tyr

gabosaurus
01-25-2014, 10:13 PM
Military dress has always been suspect. Not to mention some of their training tactics.

<iframe src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Qxs3gmewuhI" allowfullscreen="" width="420" frameborder="0" height="315"></iframe>

jafar00
01-26-2014, 02:30 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ww3MDDyBoZo&t=1m17s

Drummond
01-26-2014, 03:30 PM
Military dress has always been suspect. Not to mention some of their training tactics.

<iframe src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Qxs3gmewuhI" allowfullscreen="" width="420" frameborder="0" height="315"></iframe>

... and 'of course', this is a totally authentic representation of military behaviour ... :rolleyes:

aboutime
01-26-2014, 06:19 PM

gabby. Which one above is YOU?