PDA

View Full Version : Texas executes Mexican national despite diplomatic protests

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
01-23-2014, 11:02 AM
http://www.foxnews.com/world/2014/01/23/texas-executes-mexican-despite-diplomatic-protests/ Texas executes Mexican national despite diplomatic protests HUNTSVILLE, Texas – A Mexican national was executed Wednesday night in Texas for killing a Houston police officer, despite pleas and diplomatic pressure from the Mexican government and the U.S. State Department to halt the punishment.

Edgar Tamayo, 46, received a lethal injection for the January 1994 fatal shooting of Officer Guy Gaddis, 24.

Asked by a warden if he had a final statement, he mumbled "no" and shook his head. As the lethal dose of pentobarbital began taking effect, he took a few breaths and then made one slightly audible snore before all movement stopped. He was pronounced dead 17 minutes after the drug was administered, at 9:32 p.m. CST.

Tamayo never looked toward Gaddis' mother, two brothers and two other relatives who watched through a window. He selected no witnesses of his own.

There were several dozen police officers and supporters of the slain patrolman were revving their motorcycles outside of the prison before witnesses were let inside the death chamber.

The execution, the first this year in the nation's most active death penalty state, came after the U.S. Supreme Court and lower federal courts rejected last-day appeals and Texas officials spurned arguments that Tamayo's case was tainted because he wasn't informed, under an international agreement, that he could get legal help from the Mexican consulate after his arrest for the officer's slaying. After 20 years finally justice was delivered! :clap::clap::clap: :beer::beer::beer: Makes my day!!! Now if they can just get the appeals process down to say something reasonable like 4 or 5 years with a firm no stop deadline set on the a specific day in the last year..-Tyr

Thunderknuckles
01-23-2014, 01:17 PM
If you have any plans to visit Mexico, you might want to delay them for a decade or two.

jafar00
01-23-2014, 01:34 PM
So when Americans execute a prisoner, it's good but when anyone else executes a prisoner, it is bad?

jimnyc
01-23-2014, 06:06 PM
So when Americans execute a prisoner, it's good but when anyone else executes a prisoner, it is bad?

I believe any country/state should reserve the right to use capital punishment.

As to your comparison, I don't think you can show me where people have complained about other countries using it, solely because they used it (aka Muslims). I believe any such complaints where due to WHY the person was sentenced to death (being gay, apostasy, blasphemy), and HOW the sentence is handed out (cutting off of the head (via various tools), stoning, and other brutal ways of killing.

I think Muslim countries have just as much a right to use capital punishment as the USA does. But surely why and how it's carried out matter.

Voted4Reagan
01-23-2014, 06:16 PM

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
01-23-2014, 06:35 PM
If you have any plans to visit Mexico, you might want to delay them for a decade or two. Have always had plans to never enter that sewer. :laugh:-Tyr

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
01-23-2014, 06:39 PM
5875 Iraq , Saudi Arabia and Iran lead the way in the highest numbers of executions. I have no problem with death penalty if its justified. Its not justified for being gay, blasphemy , stealing , having another faith , dishonoring family name etc. Muslims use all those to justify their barbarity and ignorance. -Tyr

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
01-23-2014, 06:40 PM

As to your comparison, I don't think you can show me where people have complained about other countries using it, solely because they used it (aka Muslims). I believe any such complaints where due to WHY the person was sentenced to death (being gay, apostasy, blasphemy), and HOW the sentence is handed out (cutting off of the head (via various tools), stoning, and other brutal ways of killing.

I think Muslim countries have just as much a right to use capital punishment as the USA does. But surely why and how it's carried out matter. Right with you on that ...--Tyr

jafar00
01-23-2014, 07:11 PM

I think Muslim countries have just as much a right to use capital punishment as the USA does. But surely why and how it's carried out matter.

The why is a moot point for the executee isn't it? The result is the same. ;)

The USA is well up the list I see.

Iraq , Saudi Arabia and Iran lead the way in the highest numbers of executions. I have no problem with death penalty if its justified. Its not justified for being gay, blasphemy , stealing , having another faith , dishonoring family name etc. Muslims use all those to justify their barbarity and ignorance. -Tyr

Iraq, KSA and Iran are all ruled by despotic regimes. The US executed more than even North Korea. What does that say about the US regime? :poke:

Note, the other Islamic countries you go on about have executed a mere fraction of what the US has.

My personal opinion is that it is only appropriate for the worst of Murder. I think you call it Murder One? Where it was premeditated.

aboutime
01-23-2014, 10:31 PM
The why is a moot point for the executee isn't it? The result is the same. ;)

The USA is well up the list I see.

Iraq, KSA and Iran are all ruled by despotic regimes. The US executed more than even North Korea. What does that say about the US regime? :poke:

Note, the other Islamic countries you go on about have executed a mere fraction of what the US has.

My personal opinion is that it is only appropriate for the worst of Murder. I think you call it Murder One? Where it was premeditated.

THAT'S TOTAL BULLSHIT Jafar. The U.S. is the one nation that HONESTLY announces the death penalty being administered...unlike your favorite kinds of nations where
NOBODY REALLY KNOWS THE TOTAL NUMBER OF DEAD...by the hands of REAL despots.