PDA

View Full Version : Fred Thompson faces scrutiny on abortion

06-16-2007, 02:23 PM
http://www.tpmcafe.com/blog/electioncentral/2007/jun/06/fred_thompson_badly_dissembled_about_his_abortion_ record

Personally, i think this whole thing is stupid. Who cares if candidates once were pro abortion and now a pro life. Isnt that what we are trying to do? Convert people to the pro life side?

Reagan once side an abortion bill into law. He said it was one of the biggest mistakes he had ever made.

Now I have no doubt that Fred Thompson is pro life now. Nor any of the other candidates who were once pro choice and have changed their minds. But Ive noticed alot of the Fred Thompson supports are some of the loudest critics of candidates changing their positions and i think it would be inconsistant to give Thompson a pass on this while holding everyone up "Can't learn anything new" standard.

Gunny
06-16-2007, 02:33 PM
http://www.tpmcafe.com/blog/electioncentral/2007/jun/06/fred_thompson_badly_dissembled_about_his_abortion_ record

Personally, i think this whole thing is stupid. Who cares if candidates once were pro abortion and now a pro life. Isnt that what we are trying to do? Convert people to the pro life side?

Reagan once side an abortion bill into law. He said it was one of the biggest mistakes he had ever made.

Now I have no doubt that Fred Thompson is pro life now. Nor any of the other candidates who were once pro choice and have changed their minds. But Ive noticed alot of the Fred Thompson supports are some of the loudest critics of candidates changing their positions and i think it would be inconsistant to give Thompson a pass on this while holding everyone up "Can't learn anything new" standard.

I have more respect for someone who admits that "upon further review," his opinion was modified to suit his current belief rather than just riding an opinion he doesn't believe in because he once did and voted that way.

manu1959
06-16-2007, 02:59 PM
heard him speak on this.....he said row v wade should be overturned and that abortion is a states rights issue .... would seem his view is moot