PDA

View Full Version : Utah Police Need Grenade Launchers?

Jeff
01-24-2014, 06:59 AM
Yet another step closer to a police state, we have the police training with the military and we now they where given military vehicles in different parts of the country but why would they need Grenade launchers ?

Not only are they getting the grenade launchers and the military vehicles and other toys, but the military is giving them to the police for free. From the Salt Lake City Tribune (http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/57358599-78/police-program-utah-1033.html.csp).The U.S. Department of Defense recently gave a surplus MRAP to the highway patrol. The law enforcement agency plans to use it to carry troopers to dangerous crime scenes and to keep those troopers safe while protecting civilians.

http://politicaloutcast.com/2014/01/can-someone-explain-utah-police-need-grenade-launchers/

Googled , many stories by sites that have always printed the truth

CSM
01-24-2014, 07:50 AM
Yet another step closer to a police state, we have the police training with the military and we now they where given military vehicles in different parts of the country but why would they need Grenade launchers ?

http://politicaloutcast.com/2014/01/can-someone-explain-utah-police-need-grenade-launchers/

Googled , many stories by sites that have always printed the truth

Tear gas.... it's only used for dispensing tear gas.... right?

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
01-24-2014, 09:21 AM

Googled , many stories by sites that have always printed the truth Well why not?? You can't expect the drones to be everywhere can you? Cops fighting a perp in a building need to be able to send in a grenade and blow hell out of the place--to bad for any ignorant by standers right? :laugh: Its the new force the bampunk is building.. and right on schedule after his having secured the second term. We should be asking why suddenly now the military starts giving away arms, munitions and equipment. Sure looks like a conversion to me. Because that's exactly what it is... --Tyr

jafar00
01-24-2014, 04:47 PM
When pretty much everyone is getting bigger guns, the police have to keep up somehow or be outgunned when they really need it. It's a vicious circle.

logroller
01-24-2014, 06:20 PM
Well why not?? You can't expect the drones to be everywhere can you? Cops fighting a perp in a building need to be able to send in a grenade and blow hell out of the place--to bad for any ignorant by standers right? :laugh: Its the new force the bampunk is building.. and right on schedule after his having secured the second term. We should be asking why suddenly now the military starts giving away arms, munitions and equipment. Sure looks like a conversion to me. Because that's exactly what it is... --Tyr
Its kosher to kill innocent bystanders if its a 'lesser evil', right?
To answer the question, why the military gives away the armaments, perhaps because they don't need them. IMO the more important question is why do civilian authorities need it?
Riot control?

Re: conversion. Conversion is when you borrow something and don't return it. If it's given away, it's not conversion.

aboutime
01-24-2014, 09:42 PM
To answer the question, why the military gives away the armaments, perhaps because they don't need them. IMO the more important question is why do civilian authorities need it?
Riot control?

Re: conversion. Conversion is when you borrow something and don't return it. If it's given away, it's not conversion.

Now that's really funny stuff log. 5879

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
01-24-2014, 10:57 PM
Riot control?

Re: conversion. Conversion is when you borrow something and don't return it. If it's given away, it's not conversion. BY CONVERSION I MEANT CONVERTING THE POLICE DEPARTMENTS NATIONWIDE INTO QUASI MILTARY .. AS TO THE CHOOSING OF THE LESSER EVIL THERE ARE ONLY THREE CHOICES ONE MAY HAVE 1. CHOOSE THE LESSER EVIL TO SUPPORT. 2. CHOOSE THE GREATER EVIL TO SUPPORT OR 3. CHOOSE NEITHER ONE AND CLAIM A FALSE SUPERIORITY FOR DOING SO.. I VIEW CHOOSING NUMBER 3 TO BE WORSE CHOICE TO MAKE. AS TO MILITARY GIVING AWAY THOSE ARMANENTS , THEY USED TO GO TO THE NATIONAL GUARD UNITS AROUND THE NATION not the civilian police forces. Sure looks like a long range sneaky conversion to me.. --TYR

logroller
01-25-2014, 12:02 AM
BY CONVERSION I MEANT CONVERTING THE POLICE DEPARTMENTS NATIONWIDE INTO QUASI MILTARY .. AS TO THE CHOOSING OF THE LESSER EVIL THERE ARE ONLY THREE CHOICES ONE MAY HAVE 1. CHOOSE THE LESSER EVIL TO SUPPORT. 2. CHOOSE THE GREATER EVIL TO SUPPORT OR 3. CHOOSE NEITHER ONE AND CLAIM A FALSE SUPERIORITY FOR DOING SO.. I VIEW CHOOSING NUMBER 3 TO BE WORSE CHOICE TO MAKE. AS TO MILITARY GIVING AWAY THOSE ARMANENTS , THEY USED TO GO TO THE NATIONAL GUARD UNITS AROUND THE NATION not the civilian police forces. Sure looks like a long range sneaky conversion to me.. --TYR
In other words, there's no good choice only more or less evil choices and, of course 'false superiority'...So where does gandhi fall into that: 1,2 or 3?

Voted4Reagan
01-25-2014, 07:09 AM
Tampa

http://i.imgur.com/2y7ec.jpg

New York City

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRDBCSAVbK6QbuHIrafuM18E19knnu45 gANHyeZbCvHauIPZRE4

01-25-2014, 12:01 PM
They have to keep those rebellious mormons under control

revelarts
01-25-2014, 01:57 PM
They have to keep those rebellious mormons under control
:laugh:
Armed with bicycles, Magazine and pamphlets, the societal order is in danger! grenade lauchers make sense.

But seriously. Mormons are known for "Preping", storing up food and the like to survive off the grid.
can't have that. the good police might have to confiscate those goods at some point if the Mormons don't want to cooperate in various areas.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
01-25-2014, 04:28 PM
In other words, there's no good choice only more or less evil choices and, of course 'false superiority'...So where does gandhi fall into that: 1,2 or 3? Gandhi was an aberration . If you disagree with that please point to other examples of people like Gandhi. I SAW NO REASON TO POINT TO A SINGLE ABERRATION . Yet perhaps to be absolutely correct I should have. So you do score a point after all with that. :clap:--Tyr

logroller
01-25-2014, 05:45 PM
Gandhi was an aberration . If you disagree with that please point to other examples of people like Gandhi. I SAW NO REASON TO POINT TO A SINGLE ABERRATION . Yet perhaps to be absolutely correct I should have. So you do score a point after all with that. :clap:--Tyr

Answer: Some of the most well-known pacifists in history were Albert Einstein, Mahatma Gandhi, Martin Luther King Jr., the Dalai Lama, Mother Teresa, Alfred Nobel, Jane Addams, Dorothy Day, and Jesus Christ.
Reference: pacifismonline.com

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
01-25-2014, 07:49 PM
Answer: Some of the most well-known pacifists in history were Albert Einstein, Mahatma Gandhi, Martin Luther King Jr., the Dalai Lama, Mother Teresa, Alfred Nobel, Jane Addams, Dorothy Day, and Jesus Christ.
Reference: pacifismonline.com Yes true but they were a handful out of the billions born and died . Thus so rare as to be aberrations. Only Gandhi stands out as having saved a nation and hundreds of millions people. And Jesus stands out as saving mankind. So the fourth selection surely should have been listed. I stand corrected on my omission. --Tyr

gabosaurus
01-25-2014, 10:18 PM
For all you guys wishing you had a rocket launcher...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/O9HFjErMMlA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

01-26-2014, 12:00 AM
Yes true but they were a handful out of the billions born and died . Thus so rare as to be aberrations. Only Gandhi stands out as having saved a nation and hundreds of millions people. And Jesus stands out as saving mankind. So the fourth selection surely should have been listed. I stand corrected on my omission. --Tyr

Maybe we should change that. Gandhi shouldn't be an aberation. He should be our model. And of course, he learned his pacificism from Christ.

jafar00
01-26-2014, 02:22 PM
Maybe we should change that. Gandhi shouldn't be an aberation. He should be our model. And of course, he learned his pacificism from Christ.

Jesus was not a pacifist. He was strong and did battle with the devil.

Drummond
01-26-2014, 03:37 PM

It's a great thought. Trouble is, though, that sometimes reality asserts itself.

Imagine trying to sell such a view to the American public as a whole on .. say .. 12th September, 2001 .. ? How well do you think such a sentiment would've been taken on board ?

01-27-2014, 01:51 AM
It's a great thought. Trouble is, though, that sometimes reality asserts itself.

Imagine trying to sell such a view to the American public as a whole on .. say .. 12th September, 2001 .. ? How well do you think such a sentiment would've been taken on board ?

Human nature is to fight back. But isn't the Sermon on the Mount teaching us to overcome human nature and submit to God. If we truly love people so much that we would die rather than hurt them, there is a certain power to that. I figured it all out yet and Ive thought on this issue alot. Quite frankly Ive never really been attacked in real life and I hope I never am. Im not sure what I would do. But I think the key is to listen to God. Fight when He says so. Submit when He says so. Then you can't be wrong, but you need the Holy Spirit for that.

My personal Tendencies has been to be more peaceful as I get older.

01-27-2014, 01:54 AM
Armed with bicycles, Magazine and pamphlets, the societal order is in danger! grenade lauchers make sense.

But seriously. Mormons are known for "Preping", storing up food and the like to survive off the grid.
can't have that. the good police might have to confiscate those goods at some point if the Mormons don't want to cooperate in various areas.

Wouldn't put it past them to try something.

Now if More Mormons would live their religion, and they tried something, it would be to see God fight those battles. Same would be true with all Christians and Jews. I have no doubt.

01-27-2014, 01:55 AM
Jesus was not a pacifist. He was strong and did battle with the devil.

Gandhi learned to turn the other cheek from the Sermon on the Mount.

And Christ did do battle with the devil. He subjected Himself to every trick the devil could use against Him. Even letthing Himself be killed, but He overcame it all.

logroller
01-27-2014, 04:47 AM

Maybe 9/11 was just an 'aberration'. Or maybe an attack upon the economic center, the miltary nerve center and the executive mansion were all legitimate targets....not that I believe that to be the case but I've seen those excuses used to justify such.

How many does it take to metamorphose wickedness into righteousness? One man must not kill. If he does, it is murder.... But a state or nation may kill as many as they please, and it is not murder. It is just, necessary, commendable, and right. Only get people enough to agree to it, and the butchery of myriads of human beings is perfectly innocent. But how many does it take? ~Adin Ballou, The Non-Resistant, 5 February 1845
an intriguing question: how many does it take Drummond?

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
01-27-2014, 08:36 AM
Human nature is to fight back. But isn't the Sermon on the Mount teaching us to overcome human nature and submit to God. If we truly love people so much that we would die rather than hurt them, there is a certain power to that. I figured it all out yet and Ive thought on this issue alot. Quite frankly Ive never really been attacked in real life and I hope I never am. Im not sure what I would do. But I think the key is to listen to God. Fight when He says so. Submit when He says so. Then you can't be wrong, but you need the Holy Spirit for that.

My personal Tendencies has been to be more peaceful as I get older. Mine too! Although in my case its a very hard fought battle to do so. Seems I have to fight to do that too. -Tyr

jafar00
01-27-2014, 03:49 PM
Gandhi learned to turn the other cheek from the Sermon on the Mount.

And Christ did do battle with the devil. He subjected Himself to every trick the devil could use against Him. Even letting Himself be killed, but He overcame it all.

Indeed, like all Prophets, Jesus (as) had amazing strength of faith. They had to be strong to face up to harsh persecution in order to spread the message they were given by God.

gabosaurus
01-27-2014, 05:18 PM
There should be two options:
Either the police are armed with every type of weapons that is available on the street, or no one is armed with anything.
I would go for the latter. It would decrease the number of gun nuts who masturbate wildly every time they hear of another mass shooting.

http://www.truthdig.com/images/eartothegrounduploads/lk041212dAPR-500.jpg

http://scientopia.org/blogs/drugmonkey/files/2012/07/musket.jpg

revelarts
01-27-2014, 05:36 PM
Either the police are armed with every type of weapons that is available on the street, or no one is armed with anything.
I would go for the latter. It would decrease the number of gun nuts who masturbate wildly every time they hear of another mass shooting.

Gab do a bit more research
http://www.historicreplicaguns.com/media/colonial/ss_size2/22-1011.jpg
"This Napoleonic style flintlock (Model 1801) was typical of what Lewis and Clark and their corps carried as they departed in 1803 to territories unknown. Manufactured by the Arsenal at St. Etienne, this classic cavalry flintlock model features a full length wood stock and simulated brass furniture. "

http://www.historicreplicaguns.com/media/colonial/ss_size2/22-1078g.jpg
This classic replica blunderbuss pistol measures 15" and weighs 1.6 lbs. It features a wood stock and an embossed barrel that comes in either an antiqued gray or brass finish barrel. 18th century.

http://www.historicreplicaguns.com/media/colonial/ss_size2/22-1016g-det.jpg
"This Replic Flintlock Pistol featured a unique three-barrel design made by Lorenzoni circa 1680 and carried the Medici Arms seal. This replica gun has simulated engraved ivory grips and engraved and antiqued metal furniture that complete this elaborate and unique piece."

those are just 3 examples of the arms available at the time

Napoleon in his wars used...
"Napoleon primarily equipped his army with the Musket Model 1777 Charleville—a product of perfection from older designs and models. Used during the French Revolution and Napoleonic wars, the Charleville was a .69- caliber, (sometimes .70 or .71) 5-foot-long (1.5 m), muzzle-loading, smoothbore musket. Properly trained French infantry were expected to be able to fire three volleys a minute. A trained soldier could hit a man sized target at 80 yards but anything further required an increasing amount of luck,[2] the musket was wildly inaccurate at long range. French officers were usually armed with a .69 pistol as a secondary weapon to their sword. This still had to be muzzle loaded and fired with a flintlock before reloading. Besides guns, soldiers used a variety of swords, bayonets and pikes for close range,"

If you want to argue using facts check 1st.
If you just want to say you don't like guns or people that do then say that. It's Fine
But don't pretend that the bill of rights doesn't cover current weapons.

Freedom of speech back then was just newspapers, the mail that took days and weeks to reach people, and then there was personal lectures.

NOW there's RADIO and TV and the INTERNET, MILLION can be lied to at once. every time some cult member is on TV leading people away and taking old ladies money I know in my gut that there SHOULD BE KNOW TV broadcasters! or Everyone should have one.

People should have a right to trials Sure! but when that was written there were no UNDERWEAR BOMBERS and MUSLIM TERRORISM (AAAHHHH! 911 911 911!) so that old fashion "Founders" Trial and Jury stuff has to go in these MODERN TiMES!

01-28-2014, 12:33 AM

http://www.truthdig.com/images/eartothegrounduploads/lk041212dAPR-500.jpg

Gabs, do you somehow think no one was murdered before guns were invented? Do you really believe that our right to defend ourselves has been revoked because we can do it more easily? Why do you feel the need to pretend that anyone is having an orgasm because of a mass murder? They are tragedies. Especially when they could have been prevented if more people would defend themselves or with more people who have the change of hearts.

It's the change of heart that is going to solve the violence problem in our society. As more people are born again of the Spirit and obtain charity towards their fellow man, the violences will decrease. If that doesn't happen, it doesn't matter if people have guns, sticks, or use their fists, there will be violence.

fj1200
01-28-2014, 06:24 PM

Reality? Like apartheid?