PDA

View Full Version : So China Has a New Aircraft Carrier. So What?

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
01-26-2014, 10:53 AM
http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2014/01/26/so-china-has-a-new-aircraft-carrier-so-what.aspx So China Has a New Aircraft Carrier. So What?

By Rich Smith |
January 26, 2014
China has an aircraft carrier -- and it's making a lot of people nervous.

In fact, depending on whom you believe, China may be well on its way to building a second aircraft carrier. Or a third. Or even a fourth.

Over the weekend, DefenseNews.com reported that construction of a sister ship to China's Liaoning (PLAN CV-16) carrier has definitely begun. Liaoning Provincial Communist Party Secretary Wang Min told delegates to the 12th Provincial People's Congress last week that China's second aircraft carrier is now under construction in the port city of Dalian. According to the South China Morning Post, China aims to complete the carrier by 2018. With China's military budget having tripled over the past decade, plans are in place to arm the People's Liberation Army Navy, or PLAN, with as many as four aircraft carriers by 2020.

According to Richard Fisher, senior fellow at the International Assessment and Strategy Center, China could begin work on its third aircraft carrier at the Jiangnan-Changxin shipyard in Shanghai "very soon."

This, says DefenseNews, has experts "wary" over China's intentions. But what are these intentions, exactly?

Crisis and opportunity
There are three possible scenarios to describe China's sudden interest in joining the world's aircraft-carrier club. And while some of these scenarios might worry some people, when viewed in the most positive light, each scenario also offers us reasons to be optimistic, and to welcome China's aircraft-carrying ambitions.

Scenario No. 1: China as global superpower
Under the first scenario, China's desire to build aircraft carriers, plural, suggests a desire to assume global superpower status -- to challenge the U.S. for supremacy of the seas.

Maybe that's their aim. U.S.-China Economic and Security Review Commission member Larry Wortzel, for one, sees China's carrier-building activities as proof positive that "the PLA and the party are serious about operating carrier battle groups in the near and far seas by about 2020."

Yet according to Hong Kong's Ta Kung Pao newspaper, PLAN Senior Capt. Li Jie says China's new carriers will be only "medium-sized" vessels "of about 53,000 tons displacement" -- smaller even than the Liaoning. Placed side-by-side with the class of new 100,000-ton Gerald R. Ford-class supercarriers that America is building, China's mini-carriers would seem veritable bathtub toys, half the size of the Ford class, and carrying only one-third the fighter aircraft. That hardly sounds like a threat. Nature abhors a vacuum, China does too. Obama makes a large vacuum for China to exploit. Bampunk's weaknesses leads China TO ASSUME DOMINANCE THAT EVEN DIRECTLY STARTS TO RIVAL OURS. While bamscum is concentrating on weakening this nation and helping the Muslims establish a ME Caliphate HE SIGNALS FOR CHINA TO VAULT AHEAD OF US IN THEIR REGION. That is far more than just a mistake that can be easily repaired. Will not be so easy to put that runaway horse back in the barn. Besides Japan China is feuding with over disputed territory we have this new one . --Tyr

http://news.yahoo.com/chinese-ships-patrol-area-contested-malaysia-091658918--finance.html
Chinese ships patrol area contested by Malaysia

Reuters

6 hours ago
BEIJING (Reuters) - Three Chinese ships on Sunday patrolled the James Shoal, an area also claimed by Malaysia, and soldiers and officers on board swore to safeguard its sovereignty, in the latest sign of Beijing's territorial assertiveness in the South China Sea.

The group was made up of an amphibious landing craft, the Changbaishan, and two destroyers, state news agency Xinhua said.

"During the ceremony held in the Zengmu Reef area, soldiers and officers aboard swore an oath of determination to safeguard the country's sovereignty and maritime interests," Xinhua said. Zengmu Reef is the Chinese term for James Shoal.

Xinhua said the fleet commander Jiang Weilie "urged soldiers and officers to always be prepared to fight, improve combat capabilities and lead the forces to help build the country into a maritime power".

China is in an increasingly angry dispute with its neighbors over claims to parts of the potentially oil and gas-rich South China Sea. China lays claim to almost the whole of the sea, which is criss-crossed by crucial shipping lanes.

Beijing regards the James Shoal as the southernmost part of the country's territory.

Last March, Malaysia protested against the incursion of four Chinese ships in James Shoal, about 80 km (50 miles) off Sarawak on Borneo island. Chinese sailors fired guns in the air during the visit to the shoal. In April, a Chinese maritime surveillance ship returned to James Shoal to leave behind steel markers to assert its claim.

China upset the Philippines and the United States this month when rules went into force demanding fishing boats seek permission to enter waters under the jurisdiction of China's southern province of Hainan, an area the provincial government says covers much of the South China Sea.

Vietnam, Taiwan, Brunei, Malaysia and the Philippines also claim other parts of the South China Sea. China has a separate dispute with Japan in the East China Sea. Related Stories
China to start regular patrols from island in South China Sea Reuters
Manila seeks clarification on Chinese fishing rules in South China Sea Reuters
China fires back at U.S. for criticism on fishing curbs Reuters
China chides Japan for carping over fishing curbs Reuters
China says opposed to U.S. criticism of fishing rules Reuters China is on the march to take territory just as I predicted 7,5, and 2 years ago. I was scoffed at and called a damn fool by dozens of so-called geniuses at three other forums but now we see it coming to pass just as I predicted. Many claimed China was a hundred years away from ever being able to do that because of our military might. Seems nobody told the Chinese that! :laugh::laugh::laugh: --Tyr

jafar00
01-26-2014, 02:22 PM
Is there anyone you are not enemies with? :p

Drummond
01-26-2014, 03:26 PM
Is there anyone you are not enemies with? :p

To what extent do you expect Tyr to be blind to the adversarial forces this world offers, Jafar ?

revelarts
01-26-2014, 03:38 PM
Well the Utah police have grenade launcher now sooo, we should be fine.

soupnazi630
01-26-2014, 08:52 PM
China is on the march to take territory just as I predicted 7,5, and 2 years ago. I was scoffed at and called a damn fool by dozens of so-called geniuses at three other forums but now we see it coming to pass just as I predicted. Many claimed China was a hundred years away from ever being able to do that because of our military might. Seems nobody told the Chinese that! :laugh::laugh::laugh: --Tyr

When they complete four of them I'll start to view it as a problem. Even with four they would probably be defeated by the U.S. pacific naval forces if it came to that.

aboutime
01-26-2014, 09:08 PM
When they complete four of them I'll start to view it as a problem. Even with four they would probably be defeated by the U.S. pacific naval forces if it came to that.

Tyr. Seriously. I am not really concerned about the Chinese navy, or their aircraft carriers.

We have been well ahead of the rest of the world, including Russia when it comes to our ability to launch, and capture aircraft on flightdecks. Our pilots have the best of everything, and our ships are BILLION DOLLAR machines of perfection. WITHOUT QUESTION..IMO.
Every other nation who has aircraft carriers of ANY KIND. Are many decades behind us in the expertise of naval air...completely.
So. As a crazy old man to many, but a very well informed NAVY veteran who makes it a point to stay UP TO DATE on things NAVAL. I have no fears of ANY OTHER NATION when it comes to our capabilities. EVEN WITH THE IDIOT as our CIC.
Though I am saddened to see our military being destroyed.
I still have the HIGHEST CONFIDENCE in our members who wear our uniform...DESPITE all of the negatives they must endure with such an ENEMY...we call our Government STOOGES.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
01-26-2014, 09:32 PM
When they complete four of them I'll start to view it as a problem. Even with four they would probably be defeated by the U.S. pacific naval forces if it came to that. Do the American Naval forces get their orders from Obama? And if he refuses to let them engage then China can do as they please. If Hitlerry gets in and does the same China may have bampunk's term and 8 years of hers to further destroy our military might. Think maybe then they'll be strong enough and we weakened enough for it to be a major concern with that 12 years? Apparently you people do not get it. The Clintons, the bamscum and many of our top politicians are bought by CHINA. CHINA'S RISE AND MUSCLE FLEXING COMES BY WAY OF AGREEMENTS MADE WITH BAMSCUM AND SOME OF OUR TOP POLITICIANS. IF THEY ARE SO WEAK WHY ARE THEY PUSHING A WAR WITH JAPAN? JAPAN HAS KICKED THIER SORRY ASSES LIKE THEY WERE BABIES EVERY TIME THEY FOUGHT IN HISTORY. YOU GUYS ARENT SEEING DEEP ENOUGH IMHO. --TYR

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
01-26-2014, 09:33 PM
Tyr. Seriously. I am not really concerned about the Chinese navy, or their aircraft carriers.

We have been well ahead of the rest of the world, including Russia when it comes to our ability to launch, and capture aircraft on flightdecks. Our pilots have the best of everything, and our ships are BILLION DOLLAR machines of perfection. WITHOUT QUESTION..IMO.
Every other nation who has aircraft carriers of ANY KIND. Are many decades behind us in the expertise of naval air...completely.
So. As a crazy old man to many, but a very well informed NAVY veteran who makes it a point to stay UP TO DATE on things NAVAL. I have no fears of ANY OTHER NATION when it comes to our capabilities. EVEN WITH THE IDIOT as our CIC.
Though I am saddened to see our military being destroyed.
I still have the HIGHEST CONFIDENCE in our members who wear our uniform...DESPITE all of the negatives they must endure with such an ENEMY...we call our Government STOOGES.
See my previous post. I think maybe you guys aren't factoring how greatly reduced and weaken our military can be in the future =bampunk and hillary could virtually destroy it. -Tyr

aboutime
01-26-2014, 10:03 PM
Do the American Naval forces get their orders from Obama? And if he refuses to let them engage then China can do as they please. If Hitlerry gets in and does the same China may have bampunk's term and 8 years of hers to further destroy our military might. Think maybe then they'll be strong enough and we weakened enough for it to be a major concern with that 12 years? Apparently you people do not get it. The Clintons, the bamscum and many of our top politicians are bought by CHINA. CHINA'S RISE AND MUSCLE FLEXING COMES BY WAY OF AGREEMENTS MADE WITH BAMSCUM AND SOME OF OUR TOP POLITICIANS. IF THEY ARE SO WEAK WHY ARE THEY PUSHING A WAR WITH JAPAN? JAPAN HAS KICKED THIER SORRY ASSES LIKE THEY WERE BABIES EVERY TIME THEY FOUGHT IN HISTORY. YOU GUYS ARENT SEEING DEEP ENOUGH IMHO. --TYR

Sorry Tyr. But most all of my neighbors, and dozens of friends, active duty, and retired all feel as you do about The BAMMER. But...we also know. Despite whatever he orders. We are not the kind of people he loves, who would RUN and HIDE, or Not Protect our ships, and our nation.
No matter how much Obama tries to destroy our Military. He's still OUTNUMBERED by real, dedicated, Patriotic, Hard Working, HONEST, AMERICANS who....like our SEALS, and SPECIAL FORCES in all branches of the military....DO what they are supposed to do...and the Politicians like the Bummer can't change that.
All of which is why...though I fully understand your concerns, and feel much the same. Is why I feel no fear about RUSSIA, or CHINA.
They are far behind us...ACROSS THE BOARD.
YES....they outnumber us in BODIES.
BUT...those bodies still need to EAT, SLEEP, be trained, and have equipment that doesn't fail all the time. And...that's what they have today...compared to OUR military. HONESTLY.

fj1200
01-28-2014, 04:15 PM
Clearly we should attack now.

jafar00
01-28-2014, 06:31 PM
To what extent do you expect Tyr to be blind to the adversarial forces this world offers, Jafar ?

Wouldn't the world be a nicer place if we could all make friends?

aboutime
01-28-2014, 06:50 PM

Only if YOU volunteer to be a target fj.

fj1200
01-29-2014, 09:08 AM

It is, because international trade. ;)

Only if YOU volunteer to be a target fj.

I'm not Chinese, why do you hate your fellow Americans?

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
01-29-2014, 09:18 AM
Clearly we should attack now. Why not, they have. They just are not using bombs, bullets and the usual weapons. Our government seems to think they are our allies .... trading partners are often not allies, a fact our government never entertains. And China spends tons of money on creating a ballistic missile designed to knock out one nation's aircraft carriers-- OURS!!!! Yet our government keeps acting as if its not our enemy!--Tyr

fj1200
01-29-2014, 09:26 AM
Why not, they have. They just are not using bombs, bullets and the usual weapons. Our government seems to think they are our allies .... trading partners are often not allies, a fact our government never entertains. And China spends tons of money on creating a ballistic missile designed to knock out one nation's aircraft carriers-- OURS!!!! Yet our government keeps acting as if its not our enemy!--Tyr

Yeah, trading partners are trading partners. I'm not aware of any pacts of an alliance nature between China and the US. But I'm also sure we haven't spent billions that could be viewed as a threat. :rolleyes: I wonder if they have a Monroe Doctrine.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
01-29-2014, 10:07 AM
Sorry Tyr. But most all of my neighbors, and dozens of friends, active duty, and retired all feel as you do about The BAMMER. But...we also know. Despite whatever he orders. We are not the kind of people he loves, who would RUN and HIDE, or Not Protect our ships, and our nation.
No matter how much Obama tries to destroy our Military. He's still OUTNUMBERED by real, dedicated, Patriotic, Hard Working, HONEST, AMERICANS who....like our SEALS, and SPECIAL FORCES in all branches of the military....DO what they are supposed to do...and the Politicians like the Bummer can't change that.
All of which is why...though I fully understand your concerns, and feel much the same. Is why I feel no fear about RUSSIA, or CHINA.
They are far behind us...ACROSS THE BOARD.
YES....they outnumber us in BODIES.
BUT...those bodies still need to EAT, SLEEP, be trained, and have equipment that doesn't fail all the time. And...that's what they have today...compared to OUR military. HONESTLY. My friend you a career Navy man know a damn lot more than I about our Navy. I on the other hand may just know a lot more about history and history teaches a Nation or Empire NEVER SEES ITS WEAKNESS THAT LEADS TO ITS DESTRUCTION. The Navy is under bamscum's command. Therefore he can do many things as its commander to weaken it and also destroy its effectiveness. Add to that his ability to strengthen our enemy's abilities in other ways and yes in as little as ten years we could be defeated in a war with no nukes should Russia and China ever team up to take us on. In 20 years a possibility exists without both those enemies teaming up. We came very damn close at one point to losing WW2, ONLY HITLER'S MISTAKE OF ATTACKING RUSSIA SAVED US. Who saw this current state of affairs 20 years ago? Practically nobody yet I did. A military no matter how large and how great is no better than its leader. bamtraitor is its leader and if Hitlerry wins she will be too. that's 12 years of destruction! Never say never. Never say it can not be done. Both hate our military. Gays in our military, women and lowering of standards are just the start. I admire your faith but if you take into account that we may just have military leaders(two consecutive Presidents) engineering its demise all bets are off IMHO.-Tyr

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
01-29-2014, 10:21 AM
Yeah, trading partners are trading partners. I'm not aware of any pacts of an alliance nature between China and the US. But I'm also sure we haven't spent billions that could be viewed as a threat. :rolleyes: I wonder if they have a Monroe Doctrine. haha, no pacts necessary when politicians are as sold out as we have now. The Clintons have been in China's pockets for decades and so have many, many other top politicians. Apparently you underestimate the greatness of deception and treachery. Underestimate the true nature of our relationship with China. I do not make that error. Go ahead feel safe in your confidence . Just as the people that demanded we not view Germany and Japan as our enemies until it was too late. That error cost us thousands of lives and billions of dollars because proper preparations could have saved both. History teaches so much , we as a nation should do more to learn from it!! THE TIME TO PUT OUT THE FIRE IS BEFORE IT SETS THE HOUSE ABLAZE NOT WAIT UNTIL IT STARTS ON THE HOUSE. Currently our all powerful FEDERAL GOVERNMENT wants to wait until long after the house starts burning. IF CHINA WENT RIGHT OVER AND TOOK THE PHILIPPINES RIGHT NOW OBAMA WOULD NOT RUSH TO DEFEND THE PHILIPPINES . I know why do you? Tyr

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
01-29-2014, 10:53 AM
Consider this. -Tyr
http://news.yahoo.com/china-threatens-us-military-superiority-official-004825666.html
China threatens US military superiority: official
AFP

14 hours ago Washington (AFP) - China poses an increasing challenge to the US military's technological edge while budget pressures are hampering Washington's effort to stay ahead, a senior defense official warned on Tuesday.

Frank Kendall, the Pentagon's chief weapons buyer, told lawmakers that when it comes to "technological superiority, the Department of Defense is being challenged in ways that I have not seen for decades, particularly in the Asia-Pacific region."

Citing China's major investments in anti-ship missiles, stealth fighter jets, hypersonic vehicles and other hi-tech weaponry, Kendall said the United States could lose its dominant position if it failed to respond to the altered strategic landscape.

"Technological superiority is not assured and we cannot be complacent about our posture," he told the House Armed Services Committee.

Asked to assess what one lawmaker called an arms race between the two countries, Kendall said there was cause for concern as China dramatically increases its military spending.

"Their budget is far smaller than ours, but their personnel costs are also far smaller than ours," said Kendall, undersecretary of defense for acquisition, technology and logistics.

"Our budgets are going in the opposite direction. So just by that metric alone, it's not positive."

Lawmakers and defense analysts say China is making strides in modernizing its military, particularly in the area of so-called "anti-access" weapons -- such as missiles and electronic jamming systems -- that could potentially limit the reach of US aircraft carriers or warplanes.

Kendall said when he returned to the Pentagon after being away for 15 years, he was "struck immediately by the nature, scope and quality of the investments that are being made in A2AD, as we call it, anti-access area denial capabilities."

As a result, the Pentagon is "looking very carefully at Pacific Command's requirements and what they need for the operations in that area," he said.

Kendall added that Washington was concerned about China exporting its newer weapons abroad.

Echoing Kendall's wider concerns, Admiral Samuel Locklear, head of US Pacific Command, said last week that the American military's "relative dominance" is declining as other countries invest in sophisticated weapons

aboutime
01-29-2014, 03:27 PM
I'll do a BLANKET response here.

As an AMERICAN first. I refuse to accept that our nation will be permitted to become what Obama, and all of the other COWARDS in this nation seem to Hope for.

I will not GIVE UP, or GIVE IN that OUR nation will become a third world nation...under any circumstances.'

Most of you know. I gave THIRTY years of my life to OUR Nation. And simply, because someone like Obama threatens, and disobeys his OATH of Office. Like every other Corrupt Politician...is not a reason for WE THE PEOPLE to throw up our hands, and surrender all we know to be Right, and Just as a FREE People.

In other words. Scare tactics coming from the Pentagon (people I do not trust...like Obama) will never make me lay down, or condone their ILLEGAL actions against our Constitution.

CHINA, and RUSSIA, with all the other terrorist supporting nations are being permitted to throw their weight around, and threaten US...because we have a COWARD, IDIOT, SIMPLETON in the White House.

As Charlton Heston proudly said: "OVER MY COLD, DEAD BODY".
That's how I feel. What I believe, and everyone else can say, feel, and do as they please.
But...DO NOT INCLUDE ME.

Drummond
01-29-2014, 03:31 PM

... says a Muslim supporter who supports Hamas (!), and keeps indulging in 'digs' against Israel ..??

Jafar, yours is a great sentiment. But unfortunately, with the world's realities being what they are, complacency is a dangerous luxury.

fj1200
01-29-2014, 05:16 PM
I know why do you?

The Muzzy-Globo-Commie Conspiracy of course.

aboutime
01-29-2014, 05:43 PM
... says a Muslim supporter who supports Hamas (!), and keeps indulging in 'digs' against Israel ..??

Jafar, yours is a great sentiment. But unfortunately, with the world's realities being what they are, complacency is a dangerous luxury.

Sir Drummond. jafar intentionally failed to complete his sentence by leaving out the last few words he really wanted to say as in..."Why can't we all just get along...without the Jews, and Israel?"

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
01-29-2014, 07:11 PM
The Muzzy-Globo-Commie Conspiracy of course. And to think how some call you daffy taffy. You scored big on that one. I see my teachings have been absorbed well by you grasshopper. ;)--Tyr

fj1200
01-30-2014, 08:00 AM
And to think how some call you daffy taffy. You scored big on that one. I see my teachings have been absorbed well by you grasshopper. ;)--Tyr

Or that. ;)

reedak
01-31-2014, 09:28 PM

As pointed out in the title of his post: "So what?"

reedak
01-31-2014, 10:10 PM
So China Has a New Aircraft Carrier. So What?

If so, why are you making such a big alarm in your post? What contradictory title and contents!

It seems that whenever China yawns, some people could not help shivering and trembling in fear.

Why makes a farce over one Chinese aircraft carrier when so many countries, even Thailand, had them in operation long before China contemplated of building one such "sitting duck"?

Below is a list of some nations and the number of their aircraft carriers.

India 5

Brazil 2

Argentina 2

Thailand 1

Japan 23

It's a shocking revelation that the so-called "pacifist" Japan has so many aircraft carriers. Why nobody seems to be aware of it?

Why didn't the Americans raise any alarm about it? Instead, one Chinese aircraft carrier seems to have frightened the hell out of some people! :)

List of aircraft carriers by country
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_aircraft_carriers_by_country

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
01-31-2014, 11:48 PM
If so, why are you making such a big alarm in your post? What contradictory title and contents!

It seems that whenever China yawns, some people could not help shivering and trembling in fear.

Why makes a farce over one Chinese aircraft carrier when so many countries, even Thailand, had them in operation long before China contemplated of building one such "sitting duck"?

Below is a list of some nations and the number of their aircraft carriers.

India 5

Brazil 2

Argentina 2

Thailand 1

Japan 23

It's a shocking revelation that the so-called "pacifist" Japan has so many aircraft carriers. Why nobody seems to be aware of it?

Why didn't the Americans raise any alarm about it? Instead, one Chinese aircraft carrier seems to have frightened the hell out of some people! :)

List of aircraft carriers by country
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_aircraft_carriers_by_country

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-01-30/china-making-air-force-upgrades-u-s-official-says.html?cmpid=yhoo China Making Air Force, Navy Upgrades, U.S. Officials Say

By Tony Capaccio Jan 30, 2014 11:35 PM CT
China’s air force is fielding new precision-guided cruise missiles, long-range bombers and drones as its Navy expands its long-range punch, according to U.S. military intelligence officials.

“While we would not characterize the modernization as accelerated,” it’s “progressing at a steady pace” and is significant, Lee Fuell, a director at the Air Force’s National Air and Space Intelligence Center, said in a presentation released yesterday.

Fuell’s presentation and one prepared by the Office of Naval Intelligence for a hearing of the U.S.-China Economic and Security Review Commission in Washington are the most detailed new public assessments of the Chinese air force’s and navy’s growing military capabilities.

While China’s military spending is less than one-fifth of the U.S.’s, President Xi Jinping has vowed to create a strong and disciplined military since he took control of the Central Military Commission when he became party secretary in November 2012. Under Xi, the Chinese navy has conducted military drills in the Pacific and the South China Sea, and in November the nation declared an air defense identification zone over islands disputed with Japan.

China is improving its air and naval power to blunt U.S. military prowess in the Pacific, project force farther from Chinese shores, and even blockade or invade Taiwan, the island democracy whose territory it claims.

“Given the pace” of China’s naval modernization, “the gap in military capability between the mainland and Taiwan will continue to widen in China’s favor,” wrote Jesse Karotkin, the ONI senior intelligence officer on China, in the new statement to the commission.

In addition, the naval intelligence office said in its report “many of these capabilities are designed specifically to deter or prevent U.S. military intervention in the region.”

Cruise Missiles

Deploying additional land-attack cruise missiles on new submarines and surface vessels “could enhance China’s ability to strike key U.S. bases throughout the region, including Guam,” said the 12-page naval intelligence assessment.

The Chinese army, which manages and operates the missile force, “is progressing at a steady pace” in expanding its arsenal of medium-range ballistic missiles armed with conventional warheads to increase the range “at which it can conduct precision strikes against land targets and naval ships (including aircraft carriers) operating far from China’s shores out to the first island chain,” Fuell said in his presentation.

The rapid, widespread fielding of Chinese-made anti-ship cruise missiles with ranges greater than 100 nautical miles is typical of the developments in a navy transitioning from a coastal maritime force to one “capable of multiple missions,” wrote Karotkin.

‘Improve Capability’

The goal of China’s upgrades “is to improve capability to conduct offensive and defensive operations such as strike, air and missile defense, power projection, and early warning and reconnaissance,” said Fuell, the Air Force intelligence center’s technical director for force modernization and employment, in testimony prepared for the review commission, a panel created by the U.S. Congress.

“We believe the Chinese are not trying to match the U.S. system vs. system, but are pursuing more of a system-of-systems approach that exploits what they perceive to be adversary weaknesses or exploitable vulnerabilities,” he said.

China’s air force upgrades are in tandem with fielding long-range anti-ship cruise missiles on half of its 62 submarines, developing more mines to add to its inventory of 50,000, and a “dramatic improvement” in its navy’s ability to conduct satellite reconnaissance of broad areas, according to the naval intelligence office assessment.

Threaten Adversaries

The growing arsenal also will enhance China’s ability to threaten potential adversaries and “significantly expand its counter-intervention capability further into the Philippine Sea and South China Sea,” it said.
^^^^ All that while you seek to cry --fear not that snake look how weak it is. I return , weak it may be buts its a cobra waiting to strike and your foolishness at underestimation is a weakness you should seek to cure. Far too many military experts are touting China 's military rise yet you foolishly seek to belittle such awareness and call folly those that see far better, far deeper and far more than you. Our capabilities can handle them easily right now but 5 or 10 years down the line the opposite may be true. Our military is systematically being weakened by Obama while their military is systematically being strengthened. I see a plan developing while you just see your own left foot IMHO. Look up and see the world for a change.--Tyr

reedak
02-01-2014, 07:11 AM
....And China spends tons of money on creating a ballistic missile designed to knock out one nation's aircraft carriers-- OURS!!!!....

What the farce is this? Russia, India, Japan, North Korea, Iran and other countries also spend tons, perhaps even multi-tons of money, on the same project. Why are you focusing your vitriolic attacks on China? I suspect you are a Japanese. Your enemy is your enemy, not the enemy of other people. Perhaps it is time to keep you and other Japanese under lock and key for disturbing the peace in Asia and instigating World War 3 between China and the US.

Japanese Relocation Centers
http://www.infoplease.com/spot/internment1.html

Why not, they have. They just are not using bombs, bullets and the usual weapons. Our government seems to think they are our allies ....trading partners are often not allies, a fact our government never entertains.....Yet our government keeps acting as if its not our enemy!--Tyr

Don't ever underestimate Uncle Sam. He is more cunning, ruthless and brutal than you have ever thought of him.

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?44774-Political-satire-Hellhound-is-breaking-loose

reedak
02-01-2014, 07:49 AM
^^^^ All that while you seek to cry --fear not that snake look how weak it is. I return , weak it may be buts its a cobra waiting to strike and your foolishness at underestimation is a weakness you should seek to cure. Far too many military experts are touting China 's military rise yet you foolishly seek to belittle such awareness and call folly those that see far better, far deeper and far more than you. Our capabilities can handle them easily right now but 5 or 10 years down the line the opposite may be true.....I see a plan developing while you just see your own left foot IMHO. Look up and see the world for a change.--Tyr

So what? Yes, so what? You are contradicting yourself by writing such a bold, arrogant title, but ending up behaving and crying like Chicken Licken. What had begun as a loud roar had ended in a whimper. Be a man, my friend! Show yourself as a true citizen of a superpower, not a citizen of a collapsing empire!

CHICKEN LICKEN
http://www.martinfrost.ws/htmlfiles/oct2008/chicken-licken.html

reedak
02-01-2014, 09:13 AM
I'll do a BLANKET response here.

As an AMERICAN first. I refuse to accept that our nation will be permitted to become what Obama, and all of the other COWARDS in this nation seem to Hope for.

I will not GIVE UP, or GIVE IN that OUR nation will become a third world nation...under any circumstances.'

Most of you know. I gave THIRTY years of my life to OUR Nation. And simply, because someone like Obama threatens, and disobeys his OATH of Office. Like every other Corrupt Politician...is not a reason for WE THE PEOPLE to throw up our hands, and surrender all we know to be Right, and Just as a FREE People.

In other words. Scare tactics coming from the Pentagon (people I do not trust...like Obama) will never make me lay down, or condone their ILLEGAL actions against our Constitution.

CHINA, and RUSSIA, with all the other terrorist supporting nations are being permitted to throw their weight around, and threaten US...because we have a COWARD, IDIOT, SIMPLETON in the White House.....

It's laughable that Free People like you choose "a COWARD, IDIOT, SIMPLETON" (remember, your own words) for the White House when there is a better alternative. If there is nothing wrong with democracy, there must be something wrong with your so-called Free People.

Once you have made your choice, whether good or bad, please don't grumble and complain but wait for the next term to choose a better president, all of you Free People! :)

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?44776-Advantages-and-Disadvantages-of-Democracy

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
02-01-2014, 11:58 AM
So what? Yes, so what? You are contradicting yourself by writing such a bold, arrogant title, but ending up behaving and crying like Chicken Licken. What had begun as a loud roar had ended in a whimper. Be a man, my friend! Show yourself as a true citizen of a superpower, not a citizen of a collapsing empire!

CHICKEN LICKEN
http://www.martinfrost.ws/htmlfiles/oct2008/chicken-licken.html Be a man you say!! Then you advise me to ignore history's lessons . Methinks your bias is showing . I am American not Japanese . I strongly suspect that you are Asian, if not Chinese maybe Cambodian ,Vietnamese , Thai, or some other place that is under strong Chinese influence. Will you post your nationality or race? I can tell that you are not American. --Tyr

aboutime
02-01-2014, 03:28 PM
It's laughable that Free People like you choose "a COWARD, IDIOT, SIMPLETON" (remember, your own words) for the White House when there is a better alternative. If there is nothing wrong with democracy, there must be something wrong with your so-called Free People.

Once you have made your choice, whether good or bad, please don't grumble and complain but wait for the next term to choose a better president, all of you Free People! :)

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?44776-Advantages-and-Disadvantages-of-Democracy

reedak, or whoever you are today. Did your parents ever have any children that lived?

reedak
02-03-2014, 07:20 AM
reedak, or whoever you are today. Did your parents ever have any children that lived?

aboutime, or whoever you are today, will be tomorrow or was yesterday. Your posting looks like a message or sounds like a voice from the grave.

Did your parents ever have any children that lived too?

reedak
02-03-2014, 07:29 AM
Be a man you say!! Then you advise me to ignore history's lessons . Methinks your bias is showing . I am American not Japanese . I strongly suspect that you are Asian, if not Chinese maybe Cambodian ,Vietnamese , Thai, or some other place that is under strong Chinese influence. Will you post your nationality or race? I can tell that you are not American. --Tyr

You can tell that I am not American, so what?

I am an Asian, so what?

I am an overseas Chinese, so what? :)

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
02-03-2014, 09:19 AM
You can tell that I am not American, so what?

I am an Asian, so what?

I am an overseas Chinese, so what? :) Now that I know the flavor of the ice cream I can judge your words a bit better. So your bias is obvious and expected since the topic is China's military escalation and expansion. By the way, have you figured out yet that the title in the OP was not written by me? If you have a problem reading the English language an American political forum may not be the best place to practice improving. I saw promise in the story you post on the other thread --Hellhound.. Did you write it?--Tyr

reedak
02-03-2014, 11:41 AM
Now that I know the flavor of the ice cream I can judge your words a bit better. So your bias is obvious and expected since the topic is China's military escalation and expansion. By the way, have you figured out yet that the title in the OP was not written by me? If you have a problem reading the English language an American political forum may not be the best place to practice improving......

I never expect a person of your English standard can ever write anything better than to copy the title of the original article. Perhaps, your English will be improved after several rounds of crossing swords with me in this forum. If you think Asians can never write better English than Caucasians, either you are a frog in the well or living with your head in the clouds, having lost contact entirely with the brave new world. Just look at all the top scholars in American and European top universities -- most of them are of Chinese descent. Perhaps, there will come a day when your great grandchildren will have to be taught English by teachers from China. :)

......I saw promise in the story you post on the other thread --Hellhound.. Did you write it?--Tyr

Thank you for seeing promise in my story. Unfortunately, you couldn't see further than that. Like Li Bai, the famous Chinese poet of the Tang Dynasty, I like to make myself drunk to a trance-like state before writing my fairy tales. Hence, I can't tell you exactly whether my literary works are actually written by my "real self" or by "someone else" that "possesses" my body in my trance-like state. :eek:

aboutime
02-03-2014, 01:21 PM
aboutime, or whoever you are today, will be tomorrow or was yesterday. Your posting looks like a message or sounds like a voice from the grave.

Did your parents ever have any children that lived too?

Normally I ignore responding to idiots who BRAG about being idiots. How original of you to copy what I said, and like Obama...turn it around to suit your idiocy?
Good job. By the way. Thanks for answering my question. You didn't have parents. So it was (for you) a NO BRAINER.

jafar00
02-03-2014, 03:05 PM
Some Chinese have great English and if you didn't see the picture, you wouldn't guess that Ching-He Huang was Chinese.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6t6v03h5kU

Her show is great BTW and was an inspiration for my breakfast today of Stir Fried leftover Lamb Roast with Baby Broccoli and Cauliflower tossed in Olive Oil with ginger, garlic, soy sauce, black pepper and a dash of Sesame Oil. Delish!

reedak
02-03-2014, 03:14 PM
Normally I ignore responding to idiots who BRAG about being idiots. How original of you to copy what I said, and like Obama...turn it around to suit your idiocy?
Good job. By the way. Thanks for answering my question. You didn't have parents. So it was (for you) a NO BRAINER.

The cry of an orphan baby from the grave is growing louder. :eek:

aboutime
02-03-2014, 03:54 PM
The cry of an orphan baby from the grave is growing louder. :eek:

So, get somebody you know to SHOVEL more dirt over YOU.

reedak
02-03-2014, 05:10 PM
So, get somebody you know to SHOVEL more dirt over YOU.

It's about time to get you deeper into the ground to stop all your noise pollution. :)

reedak
02-03-2014, 05:23 PM
Some Chinese have great English and if you didn't see the picture, you wouldn't guess that Ching-He Huang was Chinese.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6t6v03h5kU

Her show is great BTW and was an inspiration for my breakfast today of Stir Fried leftover Lamb Roast with Baby Broccoli and Cauliflower tossed in Olive Oil with ginger, garlic, soy sauce, black pepper and a dash of Sesame Oil. Delish!

jafar00, I have to point out to you as a friend that the meaning of the seven Chinese words on the screen is "the pork is well cooked". I wonder who makes a fool of you by introducing you to such a video clip.

jafar00
02-03-2014, 06:09 PM
jafar00, I have to point out to you as a friend that the meaning of the seven Chinese words on the screen is "the pork is well cooked". I wonder who makes a fool of you by introducing you to such a video clip.

I don't have to use pork when she says pork. Also, even though my religion forbids pork consumption, it doesn't mean I can't learn from a great cook and adapt her recipes to suit my needs.

I happen to like Chinese cooking. It's fresh and tasty and I use Halal meat to do it! :)

aboutime
02-03-2014, 08:07 PM
It's about time to get you deeper into the ground to stop all your noise pollution. :)

http://icansayit.com/images/shovelready.jpg You can only go deeper.

reedak
02-03-2014, 09:33 PM
http://icansayit.com/images/shovelready.jpg You can only go deeper.

The hole is already there for you. You just have to jump into it without wasting all your energy with a spade.

reedak
02-03-2014, 09:46 PM
I don't have to use pork when she says pork. Also, even though my religion forbids pork consumption, it doesn't mean I can't learn from a great cook and adapt her recipes to suit my needs.

I happen to like Chinese cooking. It's fresh and tasty and I use Halal meat to do it! :)

It’s great news to hear my non-Chinese friend like Chinese cooking. Bon Appétit!

To all China haters, does China have to go militarism to conquer the world? Chinese cooking will do the job!

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
02-04-2014, 12:05 AM
I never expect a person of your English standard can ever write anything better than to copy the title of the original article. Perhaps, your English will be improved after several rounds of crossing swords with me in this forum. If you think Asians can never write better English than Caucasians, either you are a frog in the well or living with your head in the clouds, having lost contact entirely with the brave new world. Just look at all the top scholars in American and European top universities -- most of them are of Chinese descent. Perhaps, there will come a day when your great grandchildren will have to be taught English by teachers from China. :)

Thank you for seeing promise in my story. Unfortunately, you couldn't see further than that. Like Li Bai, the famous Chinese poet of the Tang Dynasty, I like to make myself drunk to a trance-like state before writing my fairy tales. Hence, I can't tell you exactly whether my literary works are actually written by my "real self" or by "someone else" that "possesses" my body in my trance-like state. :eek: Are you that daft, the top scholars in the world are of Jewish blood. And you still did not answer if you wrote that story. A direct answer of yes or no will suffice. No misdirection if its your story say so. By the way I post the article the link and the title the author gave it . I can name the thread differently but have no right to retitle the story. You have a lot to learn grasshopper. ;)--Tyr

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
02-04-2014, 12:29 AM
[QUOTE=reedak;682189]I never expect a person of your English standard can ever write anything better than to copy the title of the original article. QUOTE] Really... I dabble a bit ..

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot

Post subject: Outdoor Prose for All Seasons

PostPosted: Tue Apr 5th, 2011 09:51 pm

Forest Morning Camping Relief

Tall oak tree with mighty arms reaching up

early morn darkness breaks with gentle ease

Nature explodes overflowing its earthy cup

awakening all even the sleepy 'ole trees

Birds chirping well before this silent dawn

small critters creeping all about

To the beauty of this one must be drawn

flowing stream filled with colorful rainbow trout

Sun's early rays tingle my morning thirst

gather the wood while looking around

A breakfest fire and dark, hot coffee first

Later exploration of this unknown forested ground

Day is over , the Sun rests just over the hills

a journey of all nature's treasures taken

Happily found with nature lover's surprising thrills

Precious memories gathered , joys never forsaken

Weekend camping now a done deed

plans for another long forested trek

Pondered to simply sow the seed

Of relief from life's exhausting little wreck....--Tyr
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot

PostPosted: Wed May 18th, 2011 08:54 pm

Dark Thoughts

Words hide deep within my aching head

rise forth from this lazy bed

Face the world with courage and gentler wit

prod the demons in that darkest pit

Task them to do thier damnedest , do thier best

slay them first while cursing all the rest

No idle sleep to weaken my resolve

thats not how the strong evolve

The volley was fired many weeks ago

returning fire livens the deadly show

Take no prisoners was the commanding call

finish them off where they fall

Words swirl deep within my fevered mind

mercy so elusive and hard to find

Thoughts that burn the bridges up

flee from this jagged depressing cup...... Z. --Tyr

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Tyr-Ziu Saxnot

PostPosted: Sun May 22nd, 2011 11:10 am

Truth Springs Forth

I slumbered in the shadows of my past

until shakened opened eyed at last

All the memories that fill my heart

these too shall someday depart

I wandered in the midst of never ending time

birthing glories not worth a dime

Only now with the glow of setting Sun

do I see the victories so falsely won............Z. --Tyr

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tyr-Ziu Saxnot

PostPosted: Mon May 9th, 2011 09:08 pm

Lost Echoes

Sun's rays were failing fast on the mountain slope

Tired ,lost and just about to give up any hope

Far below rings the clanging of 'Ole Bess's cowbell

Retracing my steps again what the hell!

Faster and faster I race towards that soul saving sound

Tough going over this rugged ,rocky cold ground

At last found an old well worn familiar path

Relief from the mountain's freezing winter's wrath

Another few hundred yards ahead safety at last

Final echoes of Bess's cowbell fly on past

Lost but saved , home is now in plain sight

Window's light glows ever so beautifully bright

Now to find 'ole Bess to give my eternal thanks

Over there she lays on the pond's muddy banks

Stiff as a board , many many hours since dead

Echoes of cowbells ringing in my awestruck head!--Z. Tyr

I was once lost in the woods as a man of 23 young years. Nothing brings quite the same kind of fear. I sat down and tried to envision my path from the start complete with every turn, jump and creek crossing. Once that was done I determined that my path back to my friend's house lay exactly opposite of my current heading and just left of the now setting Sun. With confidence and cool calm haste I made my way for about an 45 minutes towards my goal. Darkness overtook my little stroll. I carried on about 300 or 400 yards coming to a pasture fence that bordered the woods. About 150 yards ahead lay a small hill. When I topped that hill I saw the house just to my left and the window light that looked so welcoming. As I crossed the road beside the house my friend stepped out onto the front porch and said, " A bit late arent ya? I replied, "you need a bigger window and a much brigher light." Never even told him that I had been lost for over 2 hours. Never even figured out how I got lost and why I seem to wake from a trance about 3 or 4 miles back into the bottoms there late that afternoon. Never was lost before or since. But I tell you , being truly lost brings a special kind of fear. It snowed late that night about 4 inches and turned bitter cold. Temperature dropping to just below zero. I tell you I would have gave a pretty penny to have a Bess's cowbell ringing to guide me back. All I had was my confidence in my memory! I had came within a hundred yards of missing the pasture fence and ahead was about 22 miles of nothing but thick timber.

Then I suddenly remembered how it had all started . How I had raced off after a small group of wild pigs with my new 12 gauge shotgun ready to use. How foolishly I had ran for about an hour never even getting close enough to sight them but always hearing them. Now I wonder if they like Bess's cowbell ever really existed at all. -Tyr----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Tyr-Ziu Saxnot

PostPosted: Sun May 29th, 2011 11:57 am

Death of my Hometown

A visit to my home town was sad

found lacking in so much of what it had

Gone are the old familiar sights

replaced by empty lots and blight

Gone too are the incoming rural weekend crowds

when dead or dying not much is allowed

Found that which I had come to fear

so sadly shocked that I didnt shed a tear.

Thirty five years away and time seems to have brought

death and destruction to that which I so eagerly sought

Not that I didnt expect the changes to be great

just that I wasnt prepared to find its too late......--Tyr

Saturday morning I drove to my hometown. Only family I have there now is my two younger twin brothers(they moved back 6 years ago). Myself and seven other siblings all moved away decades ago. I was the first to leave that actually never returned to live there. The town of 3,365 people once was a very busy place. Streets crowded and so much life. So many kids. Families back then in the rural South had more children. When I think back to my school days all my friends seemed to have several brothers and sisters. I guess the average family there had 4 or 5 kids. Many families like mine had over ten! The town was vibrant and full of life but the powers that be there didnt allow for proper growth. Appears that over 90% of those of my generation journeyed away to settle elsewhere after finding greater opportunities and better life.. It was just so sad and to find that most of the decay has occured in the last twenty years or so. Sure, we that refused to return may be greatly to blame but why return to a small town that had such corrupt local government and police force?? I look at my son AND THINK HOW MUCH HE WILL MISS OF THAT WHICH I IN MY YOUTH ENJOYED THERE! Then I remember also the bad there. I think of the town's sad fate , its current decay and think I am happy my son is not there. There almost nothing there anymore. Not just the material things but the people! Those of the older generation are pretty much all passed on now. So many of them I came to know in my late teens and early manhood were truly fine people. All gone except two. O' yes they lived and lived a fine full life but that which was left there is only a shell, an empty shell of its former self. Am I sad and disappointed about it all? Sure but I realise that possibly its a just reward for the corruption and the ruling powers that controlled that small town. They refused to let it grow, thinking to control it by not allowing it to become too large to control. In the end they just insured its sad fate. Its true one can never go back. The farther back one attempts to go the less one finds. I wonder just how many small towns have suffered the same fate in America? I had foolishly a couple years ago thought of moving back there for my son's sake. Now I see what a mistake I almost made! Now I remember why I chose to buy a house and remain here! You can never truly go back.--Tyr-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Tyr-Ziu Saxnot

PostPosted: Fri Mar 4th, 2011 11:19 pm

Early Morning Chase

Forest so dense and dark

sky dancing with the river sound

dogs begin to race and bark

along beautiful virgin ground

fleeing critters rushing away

some silently scurrying up

as if to boldly say

silly , silly barking pup

the sky loves us still

hunt on down the river

deep into the lurking hills

cold morning fog sends a shiver.........Z

fj1200
02-04-2014, 08:43 AM
To all China haters, does China have to go militarism to conquer the world? Chinese cooking will do the job!

Not Chinese cooking but China's own form of totalitarianist expansion.

<nyt_headline version="1.0" type=" ">China’s Economic Empire (http://www.nytimes.com/2013/06/02/opinion/sunday/chinas-economic-empire.html?_r=0)</nyt_headline>

HONG KONG — THE combination of a strong, rising China (http://topics.nytimes.com/top/news/international/countriesandterritories/china/index.html?inline=nyt-geo) and economic stagnation in Europe and America is making the West increasingly uncomfortable. While China is not taking over the world militarily, it seems to be steadily taking it over commercially. In just the past week, Chinese companies and investors have sought to buy two iconic Western companies, Smithfield Foods (http://topics.nytimes.com/top/news/business/companies/smithfield-foods-inc/index.html?inline=nyt-org), the American pork producer, and Club Med, the French resort company.

Europeans and Americans tend to fret over Beijing’s assertiveness in the South China Sea, its territorial disputes with Japan, and cyberattacks on Western firms, but all of this is much less important than a phenomenon that is less visible but more disturbing: the aggressive worldwide push of Chinese state capitalism.

By buying companies, exploiting natural resources, building infrastructure and giving loans all over the world, China is pursuing a soft but unstoppable form of economic domination. Beijing’s essentially unlimited financial resources allow the country to be a game-changing force in both the developed and developing world, one that threatens to obliterate the competitive edge of Western firms, kill jobs in Europe and America and blunt criticism of human rights abuses in China.

It's a waste of time to be worried about an aircraft carrier.

reedak
02-04-2014, 09:24 AM
Are you that daft, the top scholars in the world are of Jewish blood....

My friend, do you need me to treat you like a child in the kindergarten? I was referring to the top scholars in American and European top universities, not the top scholars in the world. It's high time for you to go back to your kindergarten to brush up your English.

....And you still did not answer if you wrote that story. A direct answer of yes or no will suffice. No misdirection if its your story say so. By the way I post the article the link and the title the author gave it . I can name the thread differently but have no right to retitle the story. You have a lot to learn grasshopper. ;)--Tyr

I guess that the fairy tale is about your cousin, the hellhound, that you are so eager to find out the genius behind the story. If you are so jealous that your cousin, the hellhound, has stolen all the limelight from you in my fairy tale, I can write another fairy tale to let you be the main character. ;)

If you can't understand simple English, let me put it in more simple words: The story was written with my hand (not your hand or any other people's hands) after I finished a few bottles of liquor. If you still don't understand simple English, it's about time to get your parents to teach you a, b, c,...again.

Wake up your mind! You have a lot to learn, cute puppy. :laugh:

reedak
02-04-2014, 10:04 AM
[QUOTE] Really... I dabble a bit ..

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot

PostPosted: Tue Apr 5th, 2011 09:51 pm

Forest Morning Camping Relief

Tall oak tree with mighty arms reaching up

early morn darkness breaks with gentle ease

Nature explodes overflowing its earthy cup

awakening all even the sleepy 'ole trees

Birds chirping well before this silent dawn

small critters creeping all about

To the beauty of this one must be drawn

flowing stream filled with colorful rainbow trout

Sun's early rays tingle my morning thirst

gather the wood while looking around

A breakfest fire and dark, hot coffee first

Later exploration of this unknown forested ground

Day is over , the Sun rests just over the hills

a journey of all nature's treasures taken

Happily found with nature lover's surprising thrills

Precious memories gathered , joys never forsaken

Weekend camping now a done deed

plans for another long forested trek

Pondered to simply sow the seed

Of relief from life's exhausting little wreck....--Tyr
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot

PostPosted: Wed May 18th, 2011 08:54 pm

Dark Thoughts

Words hide deep within my aching head

rise forth from this lazy bed

Face the world with courage and gentler wit

prod the demons in that darkest pit

Task them to do thier damnedest , do thier best

slay them first while cursing all the rest

No idle sleep to weaken my resolve

thats not how the strong evolve

The volley was fired many weeks ago

returning fire livens the deadly show

Take no prisoners was the commanding call

finish them off where they fall

Words swirl deep within my fevered mind

mercy so elusive and hard to find

Thoughts that burn the bridges up

flee from this jagged depressing cup...... Z. --Tyr

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Tyr-Ziu Saxnot

PostPosted: Sun May 22nd, 2011 11:10 am

Truth Springs Forth

I slumbered in the shadows of my past

until shakened opened eyed at last

All the memories that fill my heart

these too shall someday depart

I wandered in the midst of never ending time

birthing glories not worth a dime

Only now with the glow of setting Sun

do I see the victories so falsely won............Z. --Tyr

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tyr-Ziu Saxnot

PostPosted: Mon May 9th, 2011 09:08 pm

Lost Echoes

Sun's rays were failing fast on the mountain slope

Tired ,lost and just about to give up any hope

Far below rings the clanging of 'Ole Bess's cowbell

Retracing my steps again what the hell!

Faster and faster I race towards that soul saving sound

Tough going over this rugged ,rocky cold ground

At last found an old well worn familiar path

Relief from the mountain's freezing winter's wrath

Another few hundred yards ahead safety at last

Final echoes of Bess's cowbell fly on past

Lost but saved , home is now in plain sight

Window's light glows ever so beautifully bright

Now to find 'ole Bess to give my eternal thanks

Over there she lays on the pond's muddy banks

Stiff as a board , many many hours since dead

Echoes of cowbells ringing in my awestruck head!--Z. Tyr

I was once lost in the woods as a man of 23 young years. Nothing brings quite the same kind of fear. I sat down and tried to envision my path from the start complete with every turn, jump and creek crossing. Once that was done I determined that my path back to my friend's house lay exactly opposite of my current heading and just left of the now setting Sun. With confidence and cool calm haste I made my way for about an 45 minutes towards my goal. Darkness overtook my little stroll. I carried on about 300 or 400 yards coming to a pasture fence that bordered the woods. About 150 yards ahead lay a small hill. When I topped that hill I saw the house just to my left and the window light that looked so welcoming. As I crossed the road beside the house my friend stepped out onto the front porch and said, " A bit late arent ya? I replied, "you need a bigger window and a much brigher light." Never even told him that I had been lost for over 2 hours. Never even figured out how I got lost and why I seem to wake from a trance about 3 or 4 miles back into the bottoms there late that afternoon. Never was lost before or since. But I tell you , being truly lost brings a special kind of fear. It snowed late that night about 4 inches and turned bitter cold. Temperature dropping to just below zero. I tell you I would have gave a pretty penny to have a Bess's cowbell ringing to guide me back. All I had was my confidence in my memory! I had came within a hundred yards of missing the pasture fence and ahead was about 22 miles of nothing but thick timber.

Then I suddenly remembered how it had all started . How I had raced off after a small group of wild pigs with my new 12 gauge shotgun ready to use. How foolishly I had ran for about an hour never even getting close enough to sight them but always hearing them. Now I wonder if they like Bess's cowbell ever really existed at all. -Tyr----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Tyr-Ziu Saxnot

PostPosted: Sun May 29th, 2011 11:57 am

Death of my Hometown

A visit to my home town was sad

found lacking in so much of what it had

Gone are the old familiar sights

replaced by empty lots and blight

Gone too are the incoming rural weekend crowds

when dead or dying not much is allowed

Found that which I had come to fear

so sadly shocked that I didnt shed a tear.

Thirty five years away and time seems to have brought

death and destruction to that which I so eagerly sought

Not that I didnt expect the changes to be great

just that I wasnt prepared to find its too late......--Tyr

Saturday morning I drove to my hometown. Only family I have there now is my two younger twin brothers(they moved back 6 years ago). Myself and seven other siblings all moved away decades ago. I was the first to leave that actually never returned to live there. The town of 3,365 people once was a very busy place. Streets crowded and so much life. So many kids. Families back then in the rural South had more children. When I think back to my school days all my friends seemed to have several brothers and sisters. I guess the average family there had 4 or 5 kids. Many families like mine had over ten! The town was vibrant and full of life but the powers that be there didnt allow for proper growth. Appears that over 90% of those of my generation journeyed away to settle elsewhere after finding greater opportunities and better life.. It was just so sad and to find that most of the decay has occured in the last twenty years or so. Sure, we that refused to return may be greatly to blame but why return to a small town that had such corrupt local government and police force?? I look at my son AND THINK HOW MUCH HE WILL MISS OF THAT WHICH I IN MY YOUTH ENJOYED THERE! Then I remember also the bad there. I think of the town's sad fate , its current decay and think I am happy my son is not there. There almost nothing there anymore. Not just the material things but the people! Those of the older generation are pretty much all passed on now. So many of them I came to know in my late teens and early manhood were truly fine people. All gone except two. O' yes they lived and lived a fine full life but that which was left there is only a shell, an empty shell of its former self. Am I sad and disappointed about it all? Sure but I realise that possibly its a just reward for the corruption and the ruling powers that controlled that small town. They refused to let it grow, thinking to control it by not allowing it to become too large to control. In the end they just insured its sad fate. Its true one can never go back. The farther back one attempts to go the less one finds. I wonder just how many small towns have suffered the same fate in America? I had foolishly a couple years ago thought of moving back there for my son's sake. Now I see what a mistake I almost made! Now I remember why I chose to buy a house and remain here! You can never truly go back.--Tyr-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Tyr-Ziu Saxnot

PostPosted: Fri Mar 4th, 2011 11:19 pm

Early Morning Chase

Forest so dense and dark

sky dancing with the river sound

dogs begin to race and bark

along beautiful virgin ground

fleeing critters rushing away

some silently scurrying up

as if to boldly say

silly , silly barking pup

the sky loves us still

hunt on down the river

deep into the lurking hills

cold morning fog sends a shiver.........Z

I am speechless when I see such literary masterpieces. I have to take my hat off to you for this particular post. I have no doubt that you have written them. I also don't question whether you are the author of such literary masterpieces.

My fairy tale pales in comparison to yours. It's high time that we stop all the unnecessary bickerings as it is a waste of both of our time and valuable forum space.

Let's give the valuable forum space to other netizens for their more productive discussion.

P.S. Unfortunately you are not from the Nobel Prize Committee, othewise when you ask me whether I am the author of my own fairy tale, I would be so happy that I can't sleep every night. :)

reedak
02-04-2014, 10:11 AM
.....It's a waste of time to be worried about an aircraft carrier.

In this era of missiles, an aircraft carrier is simply a sitting duck for powerful missiles.

jimnyc
02-04-2014, 10:39 AM
If I go to this little boat, can I get an order of reef and roccori? :dunno:

I'll run now as I get tomatoes tossed at me. :)

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
02-04-2014, 10:51 AM
[QUOTE=Tyr-Ziu Saxnot;682243]

I am speechless when I see such literary masterpieces. I have to take my hat off to you for this particular post. I have no doubt that you have written them. I also don't question whether you are the author of such literary masterpieces.

My fairy tale pales in comparison to yours. It's high time that we stop all the unnecessary bickerings as it is a waste of both of our time and valuable forum space.

Let's give the valuable forum space to other netizens for their more productive discussion.

P.S. Unfortunately you are not from the Nobel Prize Committee, othewise when you ask me whether I am the author of my own fairy tale, I would be so happy that I can't sleep every night. :) Its not a competition!!! Save your sarcasm ok? I never stated that you did not write the story you presented. I merely asked if you did. I asked after I stated it showed great promise. Your story was a presentation of symbolism that presented a far deeper point. I got that. Mythical creatures representing nations etc. Its hard to judge properly because it is obviously a fragment of a greater story. However it truly revealed an even greater promise in my sincere opinion . When I condemn China I condemn its government not its people. So you dialing back the defense mode you seem to be in would be a great help, that is unless you are truly here to troll. -Tyr

jafar00
02-04-2014, 01:46 PM
If I go to this little boat, can I get an order of reef and roccori? :dunno:

I'll run now as I get tomatoes tossed at me. :)

What's reef and roccori? Fish?

jimnyc
02-04-2014, 02:18 PM
What's reef and roccori? Fish?

Damned if I truly know for sure. Admittedly, I'm a sucker for Chinese food, some of the tastiest food on Earth. But as to what is always in the meals? :dunno:

http://i.imgur.com/ouAsbQb.jpg

reedak
02-04-2014, 03:45 PM
[QUOTE=reedak;682259] Its not a competition!!! Save your sarcasm ok? I never stated that you did not write the story you presented. I merely asked if you did. I asked after I stated it showed great promise. Your story was a presentation of symbolism that presented a far deeper point. I got that. Mythical creatures representing nations etc. Its hard to judge properly because it is obviously a fragment of a greater story. However it truly revealed an even greater promise in my sincere opinion.....

Thanks for your sincere opinion.

[QUOTE=reedak;682259].....When I condemn China I condemn its government not its people. So you dialing back the defense mode you seem to be in would be a great help, that is unless you are truly here to troll. -Tyr

I am not interested in trolling here but rather in poking fun at villains with my fairy tales.

jafar00
02-04-2014, 04:28 PM
Damned if I truly know for sure. Admittedly, I'm a sucker for Chinese food, some of the tastiest food on Earth. But as to what is always in the meals? :dunno:

http://i.imgur.com/ouAsbQb.jpg

You should come to mine one day. I'll cook some for you with tasty lamb or beef :)

jimnyc
02-04-2014, 04:42 PM
You should come to mine one day. I'll cook some for you with tasty lamb or beef :)

I do love the pork, but I wouldn't pass on lamb or beef! My Muslim friends don't cook "chinese" food, but are always offering me various homemade dishes. My favorite are the "lamb kebabs" or whatever the hell they are called, all I know is that they taste awesome! And one time, my friends wife also offered some white sauce to dip it in (kinda like the greek white sauce you get with a gyro). Yum Yum!

jafar00
02-04-2014, 09:09 PM
I do love the pork, but I wouldn't pass on lamb or beef! My Muslim friends don't cook "chinese" food, but are always offering me various homemade dishes. My favorite are the "lamb kebabs" or whatever the hell they are called, all I know is that they taste awesome! And one time, my friends wife also offered some white sauce to dip it in (kinda like the greek white sauce you get with a gyro). Yum Yum!

Kofta? My wife makes them. Usually Lamb and Chicken. I usually make a blue cheese sauce to dip them in. yummy!