PDA

View Full Version : Advantages and Disadvantages of Totalitarianism

reedak
02-01-2014, 08:42 AM
Totalitarianism includes such political systems as dictatorship, absolute monarchy, one-party rule, Japanese militarism, etc.

To show my fairness and neutrality, I have also posted a topic entitled "Advantages and Disadvantages of Democracy".

Netizens are welcome to analyse and discuss the advantages and disadvantages of both opposing political systems.

tailfins
02-01-2014, 09:32 AM
Totalitarianism includes such political systems as dictatorship, absolute monarchy, one-party rule, Japanese militarism, etc.

To show my fairness and neutrality, I have also posted a topic entitled "Advantages and Disadvantages of Democracy".

Netizens are welcome to analyse and discuss the advantages and disadvantages of both opposing political systems.

You have then posted duplicate threads. Democracy leads to voting to raid the treasury. If you're interested in freedom, the desired form of government is a Constitutional Republic with inalienable rights.

DragonStryk72
02-01-2014, 02:39 PM

Um, would have been helpful to the discussion if you had started off with some merits and flaws.

Oh well, in any event, the biggest merit of totalitarianism is also its greatest flaw: One decider. This is good in that it is more efficient, getting rid of most of the government inefficiency of other models. However, this is also bad, because when you get right down to it, a single bad ruler in this form of government can easily run a country into the ground in one generation.

fj1200
02-01-2014, 03:04 PM
Advantages/disadvantages for whom?

aboutime
02-01-2014, 03:40 PM

Who are You? And WHY do you think I, or anyone else here should just instantly drop what we are doing to get involved in whatever YOUR ultimate desires are...for useless arguments...only you control???
Where do you think you are...in a classroom full of similarly undereducated students with an AX to grind???

revelarts
02-01-2014, 04:35 PM
Monarchy is great if the Ruler is God directly. That's what it will ultimately be.
But everyone one else is a bit unfit for rule.

Democracy is mob rule.
IMO a constitutional republic is about the best system we got till God crushes all gov'ts, including America's.

But ya know if you have truly benevolent rulers/leaders just about ANY system will due. It's not so much the systems as the people in them.
But if men were angels there'd be no need for gov't anyway.

The sad reality that man is NOT basically good is the root of the problem.

reedak
02-03-2014, 07:40 AM
Advantages/disadvantages for whom?

Of course, advantages/disadvantages for everybody.

reedak
02-03-2014, 07:51 AM
Um, would have been helpful to the discussion if you had started off with some merits and flaws...

Thanks for being the "starter".

.....Oh well, in any event, the biggest merit of totalitarianism is also its greatest flaw: One decider. This is good in that it is more efficient, getting rid of most of the government inefficiency of other models. However, this is also bad, because when you get right down to it, a single bad ruler in this form of government can easily run a country into the ground in one generation.

Well said. Very instructive.

reedak
02-03-2014, 07:57 AM
Monarchy is great if the Ruler is God directly. That's what it will ultimately be.
But everyone one else is a bit unfit for rule.

Democracy is mob rule.
IMO a constitutional republic is about the best system we got till God crushes all gov'ts, including America's.

But ya know if you have truly benevolent rulers/leaders just about ANY system will due. It's not so much the systems as the people in them.
But if men were angels there'd be no need for gov't anyway.

The sad reality that man is NOT basically good is the root of the problem.

Well said. Thanks so much for your words of wisdom.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
02-03-2014, 09:54 AM

Netizens are welcome to analyse and discuss the advantages and disadvantages of both opposing political systems. What no listing of Chinese militarism? My, my , how very fair and neutral of you. ;) China has one party rule, a dictatorship by way of a ruling junta and a very rapidly expanding and aggressive militarism. Amazing how you ignored that to list the Japanese. I guess your Asian sense of honor demanded that you ignore the greater bully in order to attack the victim. China's government qualifies as a dictatorship while Japan's government does not . You should study the subject better perhaps while abandoning your bias if you can. ;) --Tyr

fj1200
02-03-2014, 09:54 AM
Of course, advantages/disadvantages for everybody.

For Kim Jong Un? Or his uncle? Or the North Koreans? How about you identify a good example of totalitarianism as a start.

reedak
02-03-2014, 03:31 PM
For Kim Jong Un? Or his uncle? Or the North Koreans? How about you identify a good example of totalitarianism as a start.

Kim had killed his uncle. He may end up getting all the North Koreans (except himself) killed in a future war with South Korea and the US.

Hence, Kim Jong Un, the future lone survivor or "Robinson Crusoe" in North Korea, is a good example of totalitarianism as a start. :)

reedak
02-03-2014, 04:56 PM
What no listing of Chinese militarism? My, my , how very fair and neutral of you. ;) China has one party rule, a dictatorship by way of a ruling junta and a very rapidly expanding and aggressive militarism.....

Can't you see that I am very fair and neutral not to include American militarism in my original list? Do you want me to include American militarism too? :)

As pointed out by you, China is included under one-party rule in the list. When I mention "Japanese militarism", I refer to the imperialist military ideology of pre-war Japanese Empire.

What rapidly expanding and aggressive Chinese militarism? We have yet to see the large-scale Chinese military expansion equal to that of the Japanese Empire and the American Empire. Tell me, which countries do not build up their military forces for self defence?

I hope this new list will satisfy your every whim and fancy:

"Totalitarianism includes such political systems as dictatorship, collective leadership, communism, aristocracy, monarchy, one-party rule, Japanese militarism, American militarism, Chinese militarism, etc."

....Amazing how you ignored that to list the Japanese. I guess your Asian sense of honor demanded that you ignore the greater bully in order to attack the victim. China's government qualifies as a dictatorship while Japan's government does not . You should study the subject better perhaps while abandoning your bias if you can. ;) --Tyr

What Asian sense of honour? Don't tell me that Westerners have no sense of honour. :)

My friend, how can China bully and attack Japan? If Japan could really be bullied by China, it would never dare to nationalise the Diaoyu Islands. Japan is no Iraq for pushover by China.

In recent years, Japan is getting more assertive in the international arena. For instance, it is getting more and more brazen in hunting whales and dolphins despite international pressure.

"The Japanese whaling fleet has further placed itself outside the law. Not only is Japan defying the UN Law of the Sea by hunting whales in the Southern Ocean Whale Sanctuary, but now their whalers have flouted maritime law and in the process endangered lives."

Greenpeace ship rammed by illegal Japanese whalers
http://www.greenpeace.org.uk/media/press-releases/greenpeace-ship-rammed-by-illegal-japanese-whalers

Dolphin Slaughter in Japan
http://advocacy.britannica.com/blog/advocacy/2009/04/dolphin-slaughter-in-japan/

Finally, I have to point out that the Chinese government is qualified as a collective leadership, not dictatorship. There is no more Chinese strongman like Mao to be a dictator.

fj1200
02-03-2014, 04:57 PM
Kim had killed his uncle. He may end up getting all the North Koreans (except himself) killed in a future war with South Korea and the US.

Hence, Kim Jong Un, the future lone survivor or "Robinson Crusoe" in North Korea, is a good example of totalitarianism as a start. :)

Um... right. I know it's a good example. I was asking about an example of totalitarianism that was good for someone other than the totalitarian in question.

reedak
02-03-2014, 05:42 PM
Um... right. I know it's a good example. I was asking about an example of totalitarianism that was good for someone other than the totalitarian in question.

Totalitarianism is definitely good for Kim Jong Un as he can do whatever he likes in his own country. For instance, he was the only person who ever dared to declare war on the US since 1945. There was an unconfirmed report that he had even fed his uncle alive to 120 starved dogs.

Report: Kim Jong Un fed uncle alive to 120 starved dogs
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2014/01/03/newser-kim-jong-un-uncle-execution/4303319/

fj1200
02-03-2014, 06:07 PM
^My point exactly. It's good for those in charge.

reedak
02-03-2014, 09:57 PM
^My point exactly. It's good for those in charge.

I'm glad we see eye to eye with each other.

reedak
02-03-2014, 10:54 PM
Who are You?....

I am reedak. If you have problems reading my name, it's about time for you to go for an eye checkup.

.... And WHY do you think I, or anyone else here should just instantly drop what we are doing to get involved in whatever YOUR ultimate desires are...for useless arguments...only you control???.....

You are welcome or invited to give your valuable opinions on totalitarianism. Nobody is forcing you to discuss here at gunpoint. If anybody can control your mind, it's about time for you to go for a mental checkup.

...in a classroom full of similarly undereducated students with an AX to grind???

Please don't tarnish the image of the netizens who have given their valuable opinions to this thread. If you regard all the people in this thread as "similarly undereducated students with an AX to grind", it's about time you should play the role of a lecturer, enlightening all of us with your wisdom of "educate man, liberate man". :)