PDA

View Full Version : Rep comments

Abbey Marie
02-01-2014, 10:11 AM
I cannot add a comment in the pop-up box for reputation. Anyone else have this problem? Also, typing anything while in Firefox is a disaster, unless I click on the Source mode above (The a/A icon).

jimnyc
02-01-2014, 11:28 AM
I cannot add a comment in the pop-up box for reputation. Anyone else have this problem? Also, typing anything while in Firefox is a disaster, unless I click on the Source mode above (The a/A icon).

I just repped you for the above post and all worked fine.

1 - in firefox, go to the top and click on "help" and then "about" and let me know which version you are using.

2 - Do you know how to fully delete all cookies and temp files? That would be my 2nd suggestion.

Let's check those 2 and move forward from there...

Abbey Marie
02-01-2014, 11:39 AM
I just repped you for the above post and all worked fine.

1 - in firefox, go to the top and click on "help" and then "about" and let me know which version you are using.

2 - Do you know how to fully delete all cookies and temp files? That would be my 2nd suggestion.

Let's check those 2 and move forward from there...

I meant to say Explorer. It is version 11.0.9

jimnyc
02-01-2014, 12:09 PM
I meant to say Explorer. It is version 11.0.9

Ok, a couple of things. First off, the bad news. From looking around VB's site, this appears to be an issue that quite a few people have, and it doesn't appear they are going to fix it. We are using version 4.2 and they are up to 5.x now, and they state it would take too long and too much effort to resolve this issue on a back dated version. (not to me, but I saw the answer to someone else). This issue only exists with IE 11 and up, and version 4.x of the board software.

Now, the good news. This issue only exists with IE, not with Firefox or Chrome. Even if just a general discussion and if you weren't having any issues, I would still recommend trying out and converting to Firefox. Both can be ran on the same machine easily, but I think you would ultimately 86 IE like I did a long time ago. It's just a preference, as there is really nothing that one can do that the other can't (other than posting here!).

Give it a shot, you can PM me with any questions, or post them here and we can all help!

http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/

Abbey Marie
02-01-2014, 12:21 PM
Ok, a couple of things. First off, the bad news. From looking around VB's site, this appears to be an issue that quite a few people have, and it doesn't appear they are going to fix it. We are using version 4.2 and they are up to 5.x now, and they state it would take too long and too much effort to resolve this issue on a back dated version. (not to me, but I saw the answer to someone else). This issue only exists with IE 11 and up, and version 4.x of the board software.

Now, the good news. This issue only exists with IE, not with Firefox or Chrome. Even if just a general discussion and if you weren't having any issues, I would still recommend trying out and converting to Firefox. Both can be ran on the same machine easily, but I think you would ultimately 86 IE like I did a long time ago. It's just a preference, as there is really nothing that one can do that the other can't (other than posting here!).

Give it a shot, you can PM me with any questions, or post them here and we can all help!

http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/

Thanks. I already have and use Firefox and Chrome on this computer for other apps, so I will just use one of those.

aboutime
02-01-2014, 03:36 PM

Abbey. I use Firefox now, but I used to use Google Chrome. Both seemed to work fine, and still do.
There may be a problem with your Cookies...looking for one browser, and not permitting another.
Hard to say anything more about MICROSOFT stuff. They are EVERYWHERE, and intrusive.

Abbey Marie
02-01-2014, 05:13 PM
Abbey. I use Firefox now, but I used to use Google Chrome. Both seemed to work fine, and still do.
There may be a problem with your Cookies...looking for one browser, and not permitting another.
Hard to say anything more about MICROSOFT stuff. They are EVERYWHERE, and intrusive.

Thanks, AT. Chrome is working fine. Apparently it was the known IE bug.

jimnyc
02-01-2014, 06:00 PM

From reading, it appears the lethal combo is vBulletin 4.x used with IE 11.x on Windows 7 (but I won't swear to that).

Some people swear by Chrome and some swear by Firefox. I think either is a better alternative to IE, IMO.

aboutime
02-01-2014, 06:24 PM

Glad you found it. I have refused to use IE for many years. In fact. If you check (carefully). If you are using a WINDOWS product...I use WINDOWS 7. It is nearly impossible to get rid of IE. Files have been embedded, and hidden in countless directories, and if you try to avoid using IE, it plays massive games with you...loading hundreds of IE tabs that can only be stopped by SHUTTING DOWN the entire system.

I learned many years ago. The very same thing takes place for anyone who has used, or still uses AOL (America On Line).
That system...as far as I have seen myself. Manages to place hidden files in nearly EVERY directory on your PC. And there is honestly...no way of getting rid of them.

Sorry for the long winded explanation. But too many people are still as UNINFORMED about their PC as they are about LIBERAL politics...and their hidden agenda to destroy America.