PDA

View Full Version : So why 2014?

jimnyc
02-02-2014, 07:30 AM
I just read somewhere else where in North Korea, the year is 103, which is Kim Il-sung's birthday. Then it got me thinking...

Why haven't the radicals yet tried to change our time system? I mean, isn't one technically following Jesus Christ if they do so? Or do most liberals not know what BC and AC mean? :)

logroller
02-02-2014, 07:46 AM
Isn't it 2014?
I mean, would yiu consider this year 113
..congressionally speaking?

jimnyc
02-02-2014, 11:05 AM
Isn't it 2014?
I mean, would yiu consider this year 113
..congressionally speaking?

I think we should be in year 45, cause we all know the world didn't "really" live until I got here. :)

But seriously, with the years being BC and AC, I wonder why no complaints?

tailfins
02-02-2014, 11:15 AM
I think we should be in year 45, cause we all know the world didn't "really" live until I got here. :)

But seriously, with the years being BC and AC, I wonder why no complaints?

I wonder how long it will be until we see an Executive Order declaring it to be year 6.

jafar00
02-02-2014, 03:05 PM
It's 1435AH :p

jimnyc
02-02-2014, 03:09 PM
It's 1435AH :p

Yeppers, seen that before too, and I think the Chinese have something additional too? But mostly, the entire world uses 2014 aka BC/AC in some fashion.

jafar00
02-03-2014, 03:21 PM
Yeppers, seen that before too, and I think the Chinese have something additional too? But mostly, the entire world uses 2014 aka BC/AC in some fashion.

So does most of the Arab world but they use the Hijiri calendar for the date of celebrations and holidays.

aboutime
02-03-2014, 03:52 PM
I just read somewhere else where in North Korea, the year is 103, which is Kim Il-sung's birthday. Then it got me thinking...

Why haven't the radicals yet tried to change our time system? I mean, isn't one technically following Jesus Christ if they do so? Or do most liberals not know what BC and AC mean? :)

Give 'em time jimnyc. Radicals, right here in the USA want to change everything, even to the extent of changing known History, and Historic facts....because they despise their OWN LOUSY life.
As long as we have radicals...anywhere on earth who need to make everyone else as MISERABLE, and USELESS as they are...they will demand such changes.

Personally. And pragmatically. I don't care what they want, or feel they need to change.
As long as I keep waking up in the morning, and put my pants on...like I have for more than sixty years. They can all GO FART INTO THE WIND.
The one, and only way I will listen, or do as they say will be. When they tell me THEY will forever pay ALL OF MY BILLS, FEED ME and MY FAMILY FOR FREE...FOREVER, without question. THEN....and only THEN...will I pay attention to them.

Abbey Marie
02-03-2014, 04:37 PM

I believe that historians/archaeologists already use BCE- "Before the Common Era"?