PDA

View Full Version : Police: Gunman shoved gun in waistband, shot himself in testicles

Jeff
02-02-2014, 08:08 AM
This is funny :laugh: it would be nice to see all thugs have the same fate . I can see it now as he enters jail and is tested to see how much balls he has :laugh: I think this guy may find trouble in jail :laugh:

PORTLAND, OR (KPTV) -
A man police said is responsible for a shooting in a downtown parking lot ran from the scene, but shot himself in the testicles as he shoved the gun into his waistband Tuesday night.

http://www.msnewsnow.com/story/24591872/police-downtown-portland-gunman-shoved-gun-in-waistband-shot-himself-in-testicles?utm_content=buffere2cee&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

aboutime
02-02-2014, 10:06 PM
This is funny :laugh: it would be nice to see all thugs have the same fate . I can see it now as he enters jail and is tested to see how much balls he has :laugh: I think this guy may find trouble in jail :laugh:

http://www.msnewsnow.com/story/24591872/police-downtown-portland-gunman-shoved-gun-in-waistband-shot-himself-in-testicles?utm_content=buffere2cee&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Funny story Jeff.

By the way.

How does a Blonde learn if her date is TICKLISH?

ANSWER: "She gives him a TEST TICKLE!"

jafar00
02-03-2014, 03:07 PM
This is why you need tougher gun laws.

aboutime
02-03-2014, 04:00 PM

jafar. Please check off WHICH America politician YOU are related to as a descriptive manner to explain your endless BS concerning YOUR interpretation of gun laws???

1. Obama
2. Nancy Pelosi
3. Harry Reid
4. Barbra Boxer
5. Sen. Feinstein (a known Jewish favorite of yours)
6. Humpty Dumpty
7. Spongebob Squarepants

Just give us a number.

cadet
02-03-2014, 04:55 PM

Gun laws don't mean less gun. Gun laws mean more unarmed law abiding citizens.
Which means easier targets.

jafar00
02-03-2014, 06:12 PM
Gun laws don't mean less gun. Gun laws mean more unarmed law abiding citizens.
Which means easier targets.

If it was harder for Mr Nonutsanymore to get a gun in the first place, it is more than likely he wouldn't have shot up the carpark in the first place. It is also likely that he would still have functioning gonads with which to reproduce which is a bad thing. Now I don't know which is worse? :)

Jeff
02-03-2014, 08:25 PM
If it was harder for Mr Nonutsanymore to get a gun in the first place, it is more than likely he wouldn't have shot up the carpark in the first place. It is also likely that he would still have functioning gonads with which to reproduce which is a bad thing. Now I don't know which is worse? :)

So if all the law abiding citizens turn there guns in you are under the impression so will the criminals ?

jafar you might check into the laws we have pertaining owning a gun and if our Gov. was to enforce even half the laws on the books there would be less criminals with guns but we have a president that is more interested in taking law abiding citizens guns away but then on the same note he wants to release criminals from jail so they can go back to there neighborhoods :rolleyes:

Looks a bit fishy to me, UN arm law abiding citizens and allow criminals to walk free and lets not forget we shouldn't discipline black students to hardly and we should allow them to score less than other students but get the same grade, almost seems like he wants his followers to be there with him but those that disagree with him should have no way to protect themselves :poke:

aboutime
02-03-2014, 08:47 PM
So if all the law abiding citizens turn there guns in you are under the impression so will the criminals ?

jafar you might check into the laws we have pertaining owning a gun and if our Gov. was to enforce even half the laws on the books there would be less criminals with guns but we have a president that is more interested in taking law abiding citizens guns away but then on the same note he wants to release criminals from jail so they can go back to there neighborhoods :rolleyes:

Looks a bit fishy to me, UN arm law abiding citizens and allow criminals to walk free and lets not forget we shouldn't discipline black students to hardly and we should allow them to score less than other students but get the same grade, almost seems like he wants his followers to be there with him but those that disagree with him should have no way to protect themselves :poke:

Jeff. There's an unidentified ULTERIOR motive behind such statements made by jafar.
Knowing his respect, and admiration for known Terror Groups like Hamas, and Hezbollah. jafar is merely voicing the unspoken intentions of such groups...in that they would prefer an UNARMED America when they finally arrive to destroy anyone of us who doesn't obey, or follow their Religious demands, and the phony Book of Peace.

jafar00
02-03-2014, 11:09 PM

There are so many guns on your streets, there would be a bloodbath so you are right to be concerned. This should have been dealt with when the constitution was written. A "well regulated militia" should have been clarified a bit more. Allowing every Tom, Dick and Harry to carry a gun around without oversight is not a militia. It's not even regulated.

logroller
02-04-2014, 03:50 AM
...like what-- single-shot only?

logroller
02-04-2014, 04:13 AM
There are so many guns on your streets, there would be a bloodbath so you are right to be concerned. This should have been dealt with when the constitution was written. A "well regulated militia" should have been clarified a bit more. Allowing every Tom, Dick and Harry to carry a gun around without oversight is not a militia. It's not even regulated.
Didn't they though-- they empowered Congress
“to provide for organizing, arming, and disciplining the militia, and for governing such part of them as may be employed in the service of the United States, RESERVING TO THE STATES RESPECTIVELY THE APPOINTMENT OF THE OFFICERS, AND THE AUTHORITY OF TRAINING THE MILITIA ACCORDING TO THE DISCIPLINE PRESCRIBED BY CONGRESS.”

Besides that, you're misguided to say such about Tom, Dick and Harry. Its an omission of convenience to fail to mention the latter portion of Amendment II, ", the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."
Should they have clarified what 'the people' means?

jafar00
02-04-2014, 05:17 AM
Didn't they though-- they empowered Congress
“to provide for organizing, arming, and disciplining the militia, and for governing such part of them as may be employed in the service of the United States, RESERVING TO THE STATES RESPECTIVELY THE APPOINTMENT OF THE OFFICERS, AND THE AUTHORITY OF TRAINING THE MILITIA ACCORDING TO THE DISCIPLINE PRESCRIBED BY CONGRESS.”

Besides that, you're misguided to say such about Tom, Dick and Harry. Its an omission of convenience to fail to mention the latter portion of Amendment II, ", the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."
Should they have clarified what 'the people' means?

If I was an American and I went out and bought a gun tomorrow, would I also be enrolled in this "well regulated militia"? Or can I just walk around with it and have nobody making sure I use it correctly?

logroller
02-04-2014, 05:44 AM
If I was an American and I went out and bought a gun tomorrow, would I also be enrolled in this "well regulated militia"? Or can I just walk around with it and have nobody making sure I use it correctly?
I must have missed where 'people' is defined as militiamen. If I said, 'dog owners being wonderful citizens, as necessary to a healthy community, the right of the people to have pets shall not be infringed.' -- does that mean that only dogs are pets?

fj1200
02-04-2014, 08:54 AM
There are so many guns on your streets, there would be a bloodbath so you are right to be concerned.

Could you point out the causation please?

http://www.calwatchdog.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Firearm-homicide-rate.jpg
*note, the rate was 3.6 in 2010 (http://www.factcheck.org/2012/12/gun-rhetoric-vs-gun-facts/)

Or how the US has more violent crime?

http://media2.policymic.com/86f04f29bdeacb1a0525818d2b3a0fc1.png

jafar00
02-04-2014, 02:03 PM
Could you point out the causation please?

http://www.calwatchdog.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Firearm-homicide-rate.jpg
*note, the rate was 3.6 in 2010 (http://www.factcheck.org/2012/12/gun-rhetoric-vs-gun-facts/)

Or how the US has more violent crime?

http://media2.policymic.com/86f04f29bdeacb1a0525818d2b3a0fc1.png
Interesting graphs. Are they from gun fanatics perchance? :)

I have some statistics to counter with from Nationmaster.
http://www.nationmaster.com/compare/Australia/United-States/Crime

Gun violence > Homicides > % homicides with firearms

Aus #21, USA #7 in the world with USA having 142% more Homicides using firearms than Australia

Gunviolence > Homicides > Overall homicide rate > per 100,000 pop.

Aus #27 (1.8802), USA #14 (9.1) in the world. Quite a lot more!

Or how about simply Murders with firearms

Aus #25, USA #4. USA has 158 times the murders with firearms when compared to Australia.

Australia has murders and crimes sure, but I'm quite certain that it is easier to get away from a perp if he isn't pointing a gun at you. Our biggest problem is alcohol related violence and our govt is doing little to combat it. If you added guns to the alcohol mix, I think both you and I know exactly what the result of that would be?

More important. The last time we had a mass shooting over here was in 2002. How many school shootings alone are there in the US ever year?

jimnyc
02-04-2014, 02:25 PM

I just wanted to interject here and clarify something. I could see myself compiling stats as above, as I am a believer in the 2nd amendment and also of our Constitutional rights. But I'm FAR from a gun fanatic. Like I said before, our guns are so locked up that a criminal can come into my house and shoot off about 70,000 round before I could get to my case and open it with dual keys!

Those who believe in gun rights ≠ gun fanatics

^^ is that the correct "not equal to" sign I put in above? Took me forever to figure that one out, better be the right symbol! :)

logroller
02-04-2014, 05:10 PM

Aus #21, USA #7 in the world with USA having 142% more Homicides using firearms than Australia

Aus #25, USA #4. USA has 158 times the murders with firearms when compared to Australia.

Australia has murders and crimes sure, but I'm quite certain that it is easier to get away from a perp if he isn't pointing a gun at you. Our biggest problem is alcohol related violence and our govt is doing little to combat it. If you added guns to the alcohol mix, I think both you and I know exactly what the result of that would be?

More important. The last time we had a mass shooting over here was in 2002. How many school shootings alone are there in the US ever year?
Did you notice that your own stats show a higher rate of crime in Australia? Not exactly showing the bias of Fj's stats; but they surely convey your own confirmation bias. Sure there's more firearms deaths in America-- we have firearms-- but to premise such as proof of the evil of firearms ownership is a logical fallacy. Informally, its called cherry-picking.

So far as what's more important--in your opinion, that is-- while horrific, school shootings are exceptional occurrences in the grand scheme of violent acts. To illustrate my point, when was the last time a non-muslim tried to blow up a plane full of people-- Should we ban Muslims on airplanes because of exceptional occurrences?

jimnyc
02-04-2014, 05:19 PM
Also, isn't the population of Australia like 5-10% of the USA? Populated cities and more population overall will generally lead to more crime in general.

But Jafar, your comment: This is why you need tougher gun laws.

Do you really think harsher laws will create less crime? The harshest laws of all in the USA are in Chicago, and Washington DC - also the 2 places with the worst crime rates. Then one city in Georgia, mandatory gun ownership, the lowest crime in the country.

This doesn't mean it would be that way everywhere, but simply creating tougher gun laws is not the answer. Criminals are CRIMINALS, and they simply don't care how tough the laws are, because they plan on breaking the law anyway. It's been played out all over the place, and tougher gun laws simply don't stop or deter the criminals. Sure, you can lower 'gun crime' by removing RIGHTS, confiscating guns and making them disappear - and then you'll have criminals using other weapons, or frickin printing them out on 3D printers!! The criminals are the problem, not the guns or laws.

aboutime
02-04-2014, 06:13 PM

You wouldn't qualify in the first place jafar. The first requirement you would fail, would be having a BRAIN.

jafar00
02-04-2014, 09:29 PM
You guys missed my question. Let me make it more specific.

How many gun massacres have you had (school/mall shootings) have you had in the US in the last decade vs how many we have had in Australia?

aboutime
02-04-2014, 09:44 PM

How many gun massacres have you had (school/mall shootings) have you had in the US in the last decade vs how many we have had in Australia?

Obviously...for you. Not enough.

logroller
02-05-2014, 04:11 AM

I didn't miss it-- unless you lack the ability to use an internet search engine-- its a rhetorical question. But if you're that challenged, 'massacres', as in 5 or more killed. At schools -- 2000's: 5; 2010's: 3. only 1 in a mall comes to mind. Odd you left out violence in the workplace: there were 2.

You miss my point-- your country isn't any safer than America and since the gun ban your violent crime rate has risen; while America's has fallen.

Don't believe me…

Australia source: (http://www.aic.gov.au/publications/current%20series/tandi/341-360/tandi359/view%20paper.html)

Homicide
"Homicide rates since the early 1990s have fluctuated slightly from year to year (influenced by the relatively small number of victims), but the overall trend has been downward. Since 1989-90, there has been a significant downward trend, with the number of homicide victims declining by nine percent from 330 to 301"

http://www.aic.gov.au/media_library/publications/tandi2/tandi359-1.png

Assault
"Between 1995 and 2006, the rate of recorded assault rose significantly from 562.8 to 829.4 per 100,000 people...It is the rate of aggravated rather than non-aggravated assault that appears to have contributed to the marked rise in assault rates. For the years where data are available (1999 to 2006), rates of aggravated assault increased by 46 percent."
http://www.aic.gov.au/media_library/publications/tandi2/tandi359-2.png(per 100,000)

Sexual Assault "The prevalence of sexual assault is also reported to be increasing. Since 1995, the rate of recorded sexual assault increased by 22 percent, from 72.5 per 100,000 people in 1995 to 88.4 in 2006"
http://www.aic.gov.au/media_library/publications/tandi2/tandi359-3.png (per 100,000)

Robbery
"Recorded rates of armed robbery began to increase in the early 1990s, peaking twice in 1998 and again in 2001. The second peak was followed by a marked decline to a rate of 36.5 per 100,000 in 2006."
http://www.aic.gov.au/media_library/publications/tandi2/tandi359-4.png(per 100,000)

USA

http://www.victimsofcrime.org/images/statistical-graphs/2013ncvrw_crimetrends_graph3-600px.jpg?sfvrsn=2(per 100,000)

and table

<tbody>
year
Population
Total
Violent
Property
Murder
Rape
Robbery
assault
Burglary
Larceny Theft
Theft Auto

per 100,000

per 100,000

% change
-27%
-21%
-22%
-21%
-27%
-10%
-30%
-18%
-29%
-17%
-27%

</tbody>
source: http://www2.fbi.gov/ucr/cius2009/data/table_01.html

jafar00
02-05-2014, 05:52 AM
Yep. Australians are complete assholes when drunk. What's new? :)

jimnyc
02-05-2014, 08:04 AM
Yep. Australians are complete assholes when drunk. What's new? :)

Not all, Dundee seemed cool when he was plastered!

Anyway, with guns LEGALLY disappearing over there, the criminals took advantage of it. Crime went up. Home invasions went up. Murder went up. Gun control became much harsher, and crime went up. The below image shows the true story and is 100% factual.

http://i.imgur.com/2eYWukG.jpg

fj1200
02-05-2014, 09:34 AM

A simple "no" you can't point to the causation would have been fine. :) And I'm pretty sure that those numbers are from pretty reliable sources so your attempt to besmirch is also off point.

Nevertheless, no one has stated that we don't have more crimes related to guns but it seems the numbers you chose to quote above ignore a prevalence to higher crime rates in Australia than the US.