PDA

View Full Version : Philip Seymour Hoffman - Dead

jimnyc
02-02-2014, 02:46 PM
Found in NYC, in an apartment, and in the bathroom with a needle hanging out of his arm. He apparently was in rehab as late as last March for a relapse. A wife (or partner, doesn't say he's married) and has 3 kids.

http://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/movie-news/breaking--philip-seymour-hoffman-found-dead-at-46-184225678.html

Voted4Reagan
02-02-2014, 03:06 PM
a friend of ours knew him very well... he's had abuse problems for many years.

jimnyc
02-02-2014, 03:12 PM
a friend of ours knew him very well... he's had abuse problems for many years.

It's a shame, but addiction doesn't discriminate and even the rich and famous are susceptible. I know all too well how drugs can reel you in, and keep you hooked. I'm thankful I was able to get beyond my demons.

Abbey Marie
02-02-2014, 03:18 PM
Found in NYC, in an apartment, and in the bathroom with a needle hanging out of his arm. He apparently was in rehab as late as last March for a relapse. A wife (or partner, doesn't say he's married) and has 3 kids.

http://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/movie-news/breaking--philip-seymour-hoffman-found-dead-at-46-184225678.html

When I heard he lived in the West Village, I was thinking he was gay. I guess not. Heroin?

jimnyc
02-02-2014, 03:20 PM
When I heard he lived in the West Village, I was thinking he was gay. I guess not. Heroin?

If a needle was in his arm, that would be my guess. Sure, many other drugs can be injected (cocaine and pills and such...) - heroin is the most widely used with the needles and also the largest killer.

Abbey Marie
02-02-2014, 03:26 PM
If a needle was in his arm, that would be my guess. Sure, many other drugs can be injected (cocaine and pills and such...) - heroin is the most widely used with the needles and also the largest killer.

I just read on FB that it was indeed heroin.

hjmick
02-02-2014, 05:36 PM
Great talent. One of the best actors in recent memory. Damn shame.

aboutime
02-02-2014, 09:24 PM
I just read on FB that it was indeed heroin.

Abbey. I just read how the Police found a needle...still in his arm.

He may have been a great actor. But now. Why will anyone make him a Martyr because he abused drugs....and made the stupid...even dumber by celebrating his demise???