PDA

View Full Version : Super Bowl Pick

jimnyc
02-02-2014, 05:28 PM
One hour away, a little late, but toss in your pick if you see this!

I would like to see Seattle win, to get their first SB, and more so for Darin! I do think they have a GREAT shot, with SO many stars on both sides of the ball. Same as last game, in order to win they are going to need a big, big game from Lynch, IMO. Of course likely an error free game from Wilson.

But my pick goes to Denver. Not because I want them too, but if I had any money, I wouldn't want to lose it. I think Manning plays it smart and takes the smaller passes that they allow. He'll be patient on the longer tosses, knowing full well these guys are great defenders. I think their running game will be efficient enough to leave Seattle guessing a tad.

Seattle easily has the best defense in the NFL. But Denver's D has been great this year too, and has really come around in the playoffs.

Denver 34
Seattle 27

Sorry, Darin, I hope I'm wrong!!!

aboutime
02-02-2014, 05:31 PM
I'll pick Denver. Peyton might actually set more records.

Actually. It's gonna be fun watching ONE brother possibly WIN the SB in the stadium where his brother usually plays.

One thing is certain. One team walks away with the TROPHY.

jimnyc
02-02-2014, 10:25 PM
I royally bombed that one! Seattle's defense was the story of the night and looked simply awesome. They made Peyton look average tonight. Just an all around effort from every part of the Seattle team. They more than earned that W. Congrats to Seattle, and Darin, hope you enjoyed watching that game!!

aboutime
02-02-2014, 10:53 PM
I royally bombed that one! Seattle's defense was the story of the night and looked simply awesome. They made Peyton look average tonight. Just an all around effort from every part of the Seattle team. They more than earned that W. Congrats to Seattle, and Darin, hope you enjoyed watching that game!!

jimnyc. There was Only ONE team playing. Seattle came to win. Denver never showed up.

Congrats Seattle.

Jeff
02-03-2014, 07:09 AM
My pick

Seattle 43
Denver 8

Just a hunch but I think Seattles D will be to much for the Broncos but we will see :cool:

darin
02-03-2014, 10:58 AM
That was a beat down of epic proportions. Just loved it!!

jimnyc
02-04-2014, 10:45 AM
That was a beat down of epic proportions. Just loved it!!

It sure as hell was. Seattle easily earned this trophy and I hope you guys are enjoying it! In 9 months or so the Steelers will be back for #7 :coffee:

Voted4Reagan
02-04-2014, 01:21 PM
It sure as hell was. Seattle easily earned this trophy and I hope you guys are enjoying it! In 9 months or so the Steelers will be back for #7 :coffee:

http://nflhumor.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/309187_2621317427566_90774211_n.jpg

darin
02-04-2014, 01:22 PM
http://cdn.ph.upi.com/sv/b/upi/UPI-7441391458332/2014/1/3a20d450f7164274ff46e439cb3a7e15/Russell-Wilson-still-plans-to-attend-spring-training-with-the-Texas-Rangers.jpg

Yes, this win makes up for SBXL :D

Voted4Reagan
02-04-2014, 01:27 PM
Enough Said....

http://katiekieffer.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/Obama_Steelers_Jersey1.jpg

Voted4Reagan
02-04-2014, 01:28 PM
http://cdn.ph.upi.com/sv/b/upi/UPI-7441391458332/2014/1/3a20d450f7164274ff46e439cb3a7e15/Russell-Wilson-still-plans-to-attend-spring-training-with-the-Texas-Rangers.jpg

Zorn and Largent are now happy....

logroller
02-04-2014, 01:56 PM
Richard Sherman goes off on Peyton Manning ... in a good way

By CHRIS CHASE February 3, 2014 10:33 am ET @chaztopher

The last time Peyton Manning lost a Super Bowl, he was criticized (unfairly) for leaving the field before shaking hands with the other team. This time, he’s getting praised as a class act from an unlikely source.

Richard Sherman, who spent his time after the NFC championship game taking shots at San Francisco 49ers wide receiver Michael Crabtree, was doing the exact opposite on Sunday, singing Peyton Manning’s praises in the aftermath of his team’s 43-8 blowout in Super Bowl XLVIII. The chatty Seahawks cornerback was on ESPN’s Mike & Mike talking about how Manning found him after the game to ask about the injury Sherman suffered late in the game. (Quotes via PFT.)

“He was really concerned about my well-being. After a game like that, a guy who’s still classy enough to say ‘How are you doing?’ To show that kind of concern for an opponent shows a lot of humility and class.
“[...] He’s a Hall of Fame player, he’s a living legend, he’s a record-holding quarterback, he’s a Super Bowl champion, he’s been a Super Bowl MVP.”
http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/02/richard-sherman-peyton-manning-super-bowl/

jimnyc
02-04-2014, 02:27 PM
Enough Said....

http://katiekieffer.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/Obama_Steelers_Jersey1.jpg

Holy Sacreligiousness!! :puke:

jimnyc
02-04-2014, 02:28 PM

Wilson rocks dude! I said last year that you had a great one that will go places. He's one of the smaller QB's, but plays like he's 6'7 and has a sweet and accurate pass. Plus, he's intelligent and well spoken. I actually like him a lot. As long as he isn't playing against my team!

jimnyc
02-04-2014, 02:32 PM
Richard Sherman goes off on Peyton Manning ... in a good way

By CHRIS CHASE February 3, 2014 10:33 am ET @chaztopher

The last time Peyton Manning lost a Super Bowl, he was criticized (unfairly) for leaving the field before shaking hands with the other team. This time, he’s getting praised as a class act from an unlikely source.

Richard Sherman, who spent his time after the NFC championship game taking shots at San Francisco 49ers wide receiver Michael Crabtree, was doing the exact opposite on Sunday, singing Peyton Manning’s praises in the aftermath of his team’s 43-8 blowout in Super Bowl XLVIII. The chatty Seahawks cornerback was on ESPN’s Mike & Mike talking about how Manning found him after the game to ask about the injury Sherman suffered late in the game. (Quotes via PFT.)

“He was really concerned about my well-being. After a game like that, a guy who’s still classy enough to say ‘How are you doing?’ To show that kind of concern for an opponent shows a lot of humility and class.
“[...] He’s a Hall of Fame player, he’s a living legend, he’s a record-holding quarterback, he’s a Super Bowl champion, he’s been a Super Bowl MVP.”
http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/02/richard-sherman-peyton-manning-super-bowl/

I read this too and give him props. And I'm sure Peyton was sincere, he's quite a professional. But he then went on to say later that SF was the 2nd best team in the NFL, not Denver. Maybe? But I don't think we can dismiss Denver after a romping, not after what they did all year long. One another day it's possible Denver does the same to them. But Seattle rose to the occasion and did it when it counted. Not taking a single thing away from them at all. It's just that sometimes one should just remain humble after such games. Try not to talk down about others.

I said from about week 10 on that it would be a Seattle Denver bowl. My bad was assuming Denver would score more points. No way I ever saw them scoring less than 4 touchdowns. But after watching that game, and the way Seattle played on D, Denver is lucky to have gotten any points!

darin
02-04-2014, 03:08 PM
I doubt there's ANY chance the Broncos win that game more than once out of ten attepts. This was Seattle - Defense specifically - absolutely FORCING their will upon the Broncos. Even Peyton acknowledged the Seahawks created mistakes by the Broncos. :)

jimnyc
02-04-2014, 04:10 PM
I doubt there's ANY chance the Broncos win that game more than once out of ten attepts. This was Seattle - Defense specifically - absolutely FORCING their will upon the Broncos. Even Peyton acknowledged the Seahawks created mistakes by the Broncos. :)

If that exact game play were re-created, I don't think any team in the NFL could have beaten them on Sunday.