PDA

View Full Version : Global Warming back again!

jimnyc
02-04-2014, 04:18 PM
We got about 8-9 inches or so yesterday. I woke up and it was already at like 3 inches and kept snowing til like 4pm yesterday. I had to shovel twice, once to get out, and then again when it finished. Now we're all clear - but it's gonna start again tonight and when all is done we will get anywhere from 4-10 more inches. And then we're supposed to get yet another storm this upcoming weekend.

Here's what it looked like out my bedroom window yesterday while it was still coming down hard:

http://i.imgur.com/p3NZDeg.jpg

jafar00
02-04-2014, 04:23 PM
That looks pretty Jim.

We get some relief from the heat today with a little much needed rain. It's hotting up for the weekend. I'm off the to Wattagans National Park for a bit of Bushwalking (hiking).

jimnyc
02-04-2014, 04:44 PM
That looks pretty Jim.

We get some relief from the heat today with a little much needed rain. It's hotting up for the weekend. I'm off the to Wattagans National Park for a bit of Bushwalking (hiking).

Weird, ain't it? I spoke with my Dad who was in the midst of 78 degree weather down in Florida. It's 32 here last I looked, just quite a bit of precipitation on our menu.

jimnyc
02-04-2014, 06:51 PM
So the latest reports are calling for anywhere from 4-8 inches overnight into tomorrow. But if the rumors are true, this weekend will be insane. There is talk of a huge storm from Sunday into Monday, and most radars are showing snow already - but the talk is of up to 30 inches!! That's 2 1/2 feet!! Fuck that, no way in hell I shovel that.

aboutime
02-04-2014, 06:57 PM
So the latest reports are calling for anywhere from 4-8 inches overnight into tomorrow. But if the rumors are true, this weekend will be insane. There is talk of a huge storm from Sunday into Monday, and most radars are showing snow already - but the talk is of up to 30 inches!! That's 2 1/2 feet!! Fuck that, no way in hell I shovel that.

Jim. This is no joke, but. DO YOU HAVE A LEAF BLOWER?

If you saw the MAJOR SNOWFALL for that Eagles game. They used LEAF BLOWERS to clear away the snow during every TIMEOUT.

Personally. I've done it myself. And since I am unable to LIFT a shovel. The LEAF BLOWER worked fine on our vehicles too!

You gotta keep moving it though. If you wait for the 30 inches to accumulate...forget it. The Stuff will just BLOW back into your face.

jafar00
02-05-2014, 05:46 AM

I wish I had the opportunity for the compulsory cardio workout you must get shovelling snow :)

jimnyc
02-05-2014, 07:48 AM
Jim. This is no joke, but. DO YOU HAVE A LEAF BLOWER?

If you saw the MAJOR SNOWFALL for that Eagles game. They used LEAF BLOWERS to clear away the snow during every TIMEOUT.

Personally. I've done it myself. And since I am unable to LIFT a shovel. The LEAF BLOWER worked fine on our vehicles too!

You gotta keep moving it though. If you wait for the 30 inches to accumulate...forget it. The Stuff will just BLOW back into your face.

Saw that in one of the games too, probably the same game, where they hit the line markers with the blowers all game long. Anyway, don't own one myself as we have landscapers that take care of our leaves. :(

I wish I had the opportunity for the compulsory cardio workout you must get shovelling snow :)

Oh, no you don't! You can actually have a heart attack from shoveling! And oh, the back pain, it starts like after the first few feet of shoveling.

jimnyc
02-05-2014, 07:49 AM
So I woke up just a short while ago and we have like another 6 inches or so - so far, as it's still snowing. This is a shot I just took out the side window looking down my road. You can see the tons of snow on lawns and my neighbors driveway/car, but the plow came down the road a short while ago (which is what woke me).

http://i.imgur.com/bGjkkf4.jpg

Jeff
02-05-2014, 07:50 AM
We got about 8-9 inches or so yesterday. I woke up and it was already at like 3 inches and kept snowing til like 4pm yesterday. I had to shovel twice, once to get out, and then again when it finished. Now we're all clear - but it's gonna start again tonight and when all is done we will get anywhere from 4-10 more inches. And then we're supposed to get yet another storm this upcoming weekend.

Here's what it looked like out my bedroom window yesterday while it was still coming down hard:

http://i.imgur.com/p3NZDeg.jpg

I had to shovel twice, once to get out, and then again when it finished.

Maybe try shoveling after the snow stops and then ya wont have to do it but one time.

The snow looks beautiful, I miss it when I see it ( but didn't have to work in it :laugh: )

Our weather was beautiful on Monday ( 68 for a high, ,like 50ish for the low ) but today we are back to 31 for the low ( sure beats the 20's we where having)

jimnyc
02-05-2014, 08:00 AM
Maybe try shoveling after the snow stops and then ya wont have to do it but one time.

The snow looks beautiful, I miss it when I see it ( but didn't have to work in it :laugh: )

Our weather was beautiful on Monday ( 68 for a high, ,like 50ish for the low ) but today we are back to 31 for the low ( sure beats the 20's we where having)

I would have only did it once, but I had to get out to get some snacks and some water! And while I hate doing it 2x, it does make it easier in the long run, better than waiting until it's too damn heavy. But I suppose it sucks whether it's an inch or a foot!!

You don't miss it! You just like the way it looks in pictures. If you had to shovel this crap you would hate it like me!! :poke: :beer:

Jeff
02-05-2014, 08:05 AM
I would have only did it once, but I had to get out to get some snacks and some water! And while I hate doing it 2x, it does make it easier in the long run, better than waiting until it's too damn heavy. But I suppose it sucks whether it's an inch or a foot!!

You don't miss it! You just like the way it looks in pictures. If you had to shovel this crap you would hate it like me!! :poke: :beer:

Your probably right Jim, the last time we had any real snow on the ground I felt like a ol lady driving :laugh: Yup pulled forward in my seat and all, but thanks to my Governor if we get more than a 1/2 inch we call a state of emergency so I am protected :laugh:

aboutime
02-05-2014, 06:14 PM

Funny one jafar. What you laughingly call a compulsory cardio workout. We call a near instant trip to the hospital. Even the people who take good care of themselves, exercise, eat well SOMETIMES ALWAYS BECOME VICTIMS OF SNOW SHOVELING.

If you want a workout like that. Go shovel some of that Aussie Sand.