PDA

View Full Version : Harriet Tubman - black history month

jimnyc
02-05-2014, 09:22 AM
So as usual, Google put up one of their usual "doodles" on February 1st in order to recognize black history month. This was the picture for that day:

http://i.imgur.com/3viG8VH.jpg

Well, Nick Cannon, the husband of Mariah Carey, and Nick is black, complained and had this to say:

http://i.imgur.com/Vew9jJq.jpg

Thing is though, Tubman was pictured wearing the bandana/do-rag on many occasions. So where is the racism? Why do so many black people cry racism so quickly? I'm getting tired of the non-stop accusations. It's ALWAYS about race. SO many black folks live their lives with a chip on their shoulders just looking for a reason to complain.

Abbey Marie
02-05-2014, 11:25 AM
http://troll.me/images/misunderstood-douchebag/i-dont-understand-what-you-mean.jpg

jimnyc
02-05-2014, 11:33 AM
^^ You're racist for not acknowledging how badly the black folk are treated!

Abbey Marie
02-05-2014, 11:35 AM
^^ You're racist for not acknowledging how badly the black folk are treated!

But, but...isn't that what Google is trying to point out? What the heck is Cannon bitching about?

tailfins
02-05-2014, 12:32 PM
So as usual, Google put up one of their usual "doodles" on February 1st in order to recognize black history month. This was the picture for that day:

http://i.imgur.com/3viG8VH.jpg

Well, Nick Cannon, the husband of Mariah Carey, and Nick is black, complained and had this to say:

http://i.imgur.com/Vew9jJq.jpg

Thing is though, Tubman was pictured wearing the bandana/do-rag on many occasions. So where is the racism? Why do so many black people cry racism so quickly? I'm getting tired of the non-stop accusations. It's ALWAYS about race. SO many black folks live their lives with a chip on their shoulders just looking for a reason to complain.

It looks like the image from an OLD Aunt Jemima box.

http://www.syracusethenandnow.org/History/AuntJemima/AuntJemimaLrg.jpg

aboutime
02-05-2014, 05:18 PM
Maybe it's about time for the REAL RACISTS in America to Ask OBAMA to

DO AWAY WITH BLACK HISTORY MONTH.

Seems like, every year since this Month was designated by Congress...we've been hearing the same LAME, RACIST people complaining about RACISTS, calling RACISTS names????:laugh:

Gaffer
02-09-2014, 11:23 AM
They should have named it what it is. Skin color appreciation month.

I have decide to call Feb Gaffer appreciation month.

revelarts
02-09-2014, 01:12 PM
so one person makes a weird comment and now instead of just appreciating Harriett Tubman's amazing bravery. it turn into another series of knocks on how racist black people are.

ookkk

aboutime
02-09-2014, 04:41 PM
so one person makes a weird comment and now instead of just appreciating Harriett Tubman's amazing bravery. it turn into another series of knocks on how racist black people are.

ookkk

rev. Thanks for once again proving...how the TRUTH still upsets, offends, and insults racists.

jimnyc
02-09-2014, 04:51 PM

ookkk

One can certainly appreciate the efforts of Tubman while still pointing out the continued 'hypocrisy racism' from so many blacks. Far too many walk around with a chip on their shoulder about whitey and everything is racist to them. And I think this Cannon is a perfect example. He found racism where there was none and used it as a reason to complain. It happens every single day all over, and it's gotten to the point where white people are supposed to live a life of apology, towards black people who were never slaves, and none of us were even born. Yes, I'm racist when it comes to people like that and will call it out. Sue me. But I don't walk around with a chip on my shoulder towards any race. I treat every person I encounter politely and respectfully, until they give me a reason not to. Seems like EVERY black person that gets pulled over claims it was because they were "DWB" (driving while black). It's ok to disagree with a white politician, but if you do so with a black politician, you're a racist.

revelarts
02-09-2014, 06:32 PM
One can certainly appreciate the efforts of Tubman while still pointing out the continued 'hypocrisy racism' from so many blacks. Far too many walk around with a chip on their shoulder about whitey and everything is racist to them. And I think this Cannon is a perfect example. He found racism where there was none and used it as a reason to complain. It happens every single day all over, and it's gotten to the point where white people are supposed to live a life of apology,...

Ok soooo where in this thread is all the appreciation of Harriet Tubman?
did i overlook those post or comments?
Jim c'mon there's none here.
it's starts with a complaint about " ..so many black people cry racism so quickly?"
and others pile on.

I rarely go to google. but did this guy's, Nick whatever's , comment come up right under Harriet Tubman's picture while you you googling about boobies? or is it something that was on some news site that likes to find comments like this?

I never heard of this guys comment and frankly i'd just take it as a stupid comment, as you say lots of images of Tubman have her wearing similar. This guy is obviously just ignorant.

As you say, TAKE HIM AS HE COMES, don't paint "so many", especially if you go fishing for comments.
Hey maybe minorities won't pant "so many" whites as racist but take whites as they come.

aboutime
02-09-2014, 06:52 PM
it's starts with a complaint about " ..so many black people cry racism so quickly?"
and others pile on.

I rarely go to google. but did this guy's, Nick whatever's , comment come up right under Harriet Tubman's picture while you you googling about boobies? or is it something that was on some news site that likes to find comments like this?

I never heard of this guys comment and frankly i'd just take it as a stupid comment, as you say lots of images of Tubman have her wearing similar. This guy is obviously just ignorant.

As you say, TAKE HIM AS HE COMES, don't paint "so many", especially if you go fishing for comments.
Hey maybe minorities won't pant "so many" whites as racist but take whites as they come.

rev. Since you seem to be the loudest, most vocal member on this thread. WHY haven't you contributed what YOU believe, should be more appreciation for Tubman?

Without any doubt. I do believe all members who are also Americans; are also, equally aware that February is BLACK HISTORY MONTH.
Demanding that we jointly, and uniformly come here to show our appreciation for Tubman...per your complaints to Jim...just seems to be completely the opposite of whatever your desires might be on this subject.
As Americans. Most all of us appreciate, respect, and follow our Constitutional rights to FREEDOM of Speech to EITHER SAY SOMETHING...or SAY NOTHING about Tubman.
Isn't that what our CIVIL war was primarily aimed at settling???

revelarts
02-09-2014, 06:54 PM
...and none of us were even born. Yes, I'm racist when it comes to people like that and will call it out. Sue me. But I don't walk around with a chip on my shoulder towards any race. I treat every person I encounter politely and respectfully, until they give me a reason not to. Seems like EVERY black person that gets pulled over claims it was because they were "DWB" (driving while black). It's ok to disagree with a white politician, but if you do so with a black politician, you're a racist.
why do you have to become a racist because 1 one black guy makes an overly sensitive stupid comment.
why not just say THAT GUY is wrong. A racist says THAT GUY IS WRONG BECAUSE OF HIS RACE.
maybe that's not what you meant, i don't know. that's an honest way to read the comment seems to me.

And Jim you got any stats on ALL blacks being pulled over saying they were pulled over JUST because they are black?
or are you just saying that because your frustrated with other s accusations you've taken personally of stuff that you didn't do?

But Jim How many reports of Cops caught on tape all over the country saying they pulled over people JUST because they are minorities, how many stories of Cops fired for it, taken to court and proved. how many stories like that does it take for minorities to WONDER every time they are NOT speeding or doing anything overtly wrong if they are being pulled over JUST because they are a minority?

Are you saying it NEVER happens, so Black should NEVER ever say it?

If people make a mistake in an accusation should they step back and apologize. yes they should. but getting to people to admit they are wrong, BLACK WHITE OR GREEN ,is NOT something most people are eager to do.

jimnyc
02-09-2014, 06:57 PM
and others pile on.

Rev, as to the bold - this thread was not about honoring Tubman. The thread from the very get go was about what Nick Cannon said, and the rest being somewhat related to his type of attitude. As for why you didn't see his comments or wonder where I heard about it, no it was not me searching for boobies and finding this comment. I like to follow celebrity sites. Nick Cannon is a music guy in his own right, but mostly his claim to fame is being married to the one and only Mariah Carey. I found his twitter comments om the site "TMZ". Call him ignorant if you will, but he has many millions listening when he makes such comments.

jimnyc
02-09-2014, 07:06 PM
why do you have to become a racist because 1 one black guy makes an overly sensitive stupid comment.
why not just say THAT GUY is wrong. A racist says THAT GUY IS WRONG BECAUSE OF HIS RACE.
maybe that's not what you meant, i don't know. that's an honest way to read the comment seems to me.

And Jim you got any stats on ALL blacks being pulled over saying they were pulled over JUST because they are black?
or are you just saying that because your frustrated with other s accusations you've taken personally of stuff that you didn't do?

But Jim How many reports of Cops caught on tape all over the country saying they pulled over people JUST because they are minorities, how many stories of Cops fired for it, taken to court and proved. how many stories like that does it take for minorities to WONDER every time they are NOT speeding or doing anything overtly wrong if they are being pulled over JUST because they are a minority?

If people make a mistake in an accusation should they step back and apologize. yes they should. but getting to people to admit they are wrong, BLACK WHITE OR GREEN ,is NOT something most people are eager to do.

My point was tongue in cheek, that I was racist against guys like the above, that I am racist about black folks who walk around thinking the white world owes them something. In no way do I think myself or whites at all are superior to blacks.

As to my comments about the blacks being pulled over, this again goes back to the celebrity sites I visit so often. And then these same folks go on facebook or twitter and announce to the world how they were just pulled over for "driving while black". Just 2 days ago the rapper known as "The Game" was pulled over because of expired tags, but then announced to his millions that he was pulled over for driving while black. Do a search of the term on twitter. And I said it "seems" like every one of them. It's a purposeful exaggeration based on the amount of times I heard the lame accusation.

Anyway, "I" am not the police, nor are the majority of people that are on the receiving end of this 'hypocrisy racism' I refer to. Many black folks very well may have a legitimate complaint with a police officer if they were mistreated. But that would account for racism they have towards white officers perhaps, but doesn't explain the chip on the shoulder racism towards the entire white community. Nor Google.

revelarts
02-09-2014, 07:23 PM
My point was tongue in cheek, that I was racist against guys like the above, that I am racist about black folks who walk around thinking the white world owes them something. In no way do I think myself or whites at all are superior to blacks.

As to my comments about the blacks being pulled over, this again goes back to the celebrity sites I visit so often. And then these same folks go on facebook or twitter and announce to the world how they were just pulled over for "driving while black". Just 2 days ago the rapper known as "The Game" was pulled over because of expired tags, but then announced to his millions that he was pulled over for driving while black. Do a search of the term on twitter. And I said it "seems" like every one of them. It's a purposeful exaggeration based on the amount of times I heard the lame accusation.

i thought as much.

Anyway, "I" am not the police, nor are the majority of people that are on the receiving end of this 'hypocrisy racism' I refer to. Many black folks very well may have a legitimate complaint with a police officer if they were mistreated. But that would account for racism they have towards white officers perhaps, but doesn't explain the chip on the shoulder racism towards the entire white community. Nor Google.
well sure, blaming the whole community is a problem for some on all sides, especially when every comment is lumped in with a mass of other comments that are thought to come from "the group".

aboutime
02-09-2014, 07:54 PM
i thought as much.

well sure, blaming the whole community is a problem for some on all sides, especially when every comment is lumped in with a mass of other comments that are thought to come from "the group".

And, WHAT GROUP might that be rev? Now you are doing the same as Obama. Dividing all of us into GROUPS?

And you say we are racists?

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
02-09-2014, 09:38 PM

If people make a mistake in an accusation should they step back and apologize. yes they should. but getting to people to admit they are wrong, BLACK WHITE OR GREEN ,is NOT something most people are eager to do. They made up 13.6 percent of the total U.S. population. The black population grew by 15.4 percent from 2000 to 2010. Yet they make up a far greater percent of the prison population.
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/28/us/incarceration-rates-for-blacks-dropped-report-shows.html?_r=0 Over all, blacks currently make up about 38 percent of inmates in state and federal prisons; -- So 13 percent of our population make up 38% of our prison population. I'd say any cop in the world should view blacks as likely to be criminal. So checking blacks out more often just makes sense. Since it is done based upon verified statistical fact and not prejudice!--Tyr

revelarts
02-10-2014, 05:42 AM
They made up 13.6 percent of the total U.S. population. The black population grew by 15.4 percent from 2000 to 2010. Yet they make up a far greater percent of the prison population. Over all, blacks currently make up about 38 percent of inmates in state and federal prisons; -- So 13 percent of our population make up 38% of our prison population. I'd say any cop in the world should view blacks as likely to be criminal. So checking blacks out more often just makes sense. Since it is done based upon verified statistical fact and not prejudice!--Tyr

How about cops viewing blacks and everyone else as innocent until proven guilty. Checking people out if they are DOING A CRIME, or seriously doing something suspicious?
THAT'S what cops are suppose to do, not randomly pull over "every Black the world" because they MIGHT be doing something wrong. That is indeed prejudice. that's the definition of it.
as a matter of raw numbers and there are far MORE whites doing drugs in this country (not to mention the bankers laundering billions in drug money that never see a day in jail). But Blacks are the main ones being arrested and jailed for it Tyr.
THAT is prejudice tyr.

Tyr, You've told us stories your self of seeing cops doing the wrong things for no good reason. Some times just being buttholes and arresting the wrong people in the face of eyewitnesses and all evidence. For some cops just being black is a reason to harass and arrest them. And if your black guy who's going to believe the yo over the cop, since "38% of the prison pop is black" The Black must have done something wrong and MUST be LYING. White cops never do no wrong.

And BTW I heard stat of New York states prisons a while back. And it said something like, of the black population there that some crazy high percentage of them , over 50%, came for just 4 or 5 neighborhoods in the State. Literally from the the same few blocks in just a few parts of the state.
so why would cops ASSUME that every black in the world is a criminal? Only because they are lazy and it's easier just to be prejudice and assume the worse of a whole group of people rather than do the job right and look of REAL signs of criminal intent of anyone.

Jeff
02-10-2014, 08:23 AM
I wonder if the Knock out game will be added to Black history month ? They could show videos of it right after one man has to explain to another why Men should take care of the kids that they help make :rolleyes:

glockmail
02-10-2014, 09:07 AM
... Why do so many black people cry racism so quickly? ... Because they can't debate.

aboutime
02-10-2014, 05:33 PM
Because they can't debate.

Glock, and jimnyc. The answer is simple. Honest, determined, civil discussions about racial problems, and racism cannot be tolerated by RACISTS who fear...all attention, and their Blame Whitey games will end IF...Honest people (human beings), want to end the racism, and discrimination.

What would happen to Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, and all of the known RACISTS if the problem of racism, and being racists..was suddenly solved by HONEST, WILLING PEOPLE?

Jesse, Al, and the RACISTS who always label everyone else RACISTS to stop all discussions, would instantly become the USELESS, SELFISH, much POORER individuals they have always CLAIMED to be speaking for, and with for years.

Imagine not having to listen to JESSY, or AL anymore.

That would be the OPTIMUM reward for Getting RID of RACISTS.