PDA

View Full Version : Oh boy, I'm in the dog house

jimnyc
02-08-2014, 06:18 PM
While outside letting the dogs out, I made a tiny snowball. Honest truth, was about the size of your typical gumball you get in a machine at the grocery store. The woman walked into the kitchen and I nailed her right in the stomach! LOL Wasn't like that though, I actually lobbed it, just a little friendly fire. I figured she would retaliate as she usually does, maybe go out the other door and get some snow herself. But worse happened. She gave me the evil eye and closed her mouth, and then quietly, but swiftly, just left the kitchen and went straight to the bedroom. By the time I got there, about 10 seconds later, the lights were off and she was laying in bed. At first I laughingly tried to make up but she ignored me. That lead to a real apology but still silence. Eventually she spoke in that 'one tone' voice and said "nothing is wrong". Yeah, right, we men know what that means!

And I should have waited an hour to mess with her. It's dinner time, I'm hungry, and no way in hell am I asking her about dinner now!

So do I just cook for myself and take my lumps? Do I cook for both of us and hope she'll actually eat it? Or do I make an even larger snowball, pull back the blanket and toss it down her shirt? :laugh:

WiccanLiberal
02-08-2014, 06:48 PM
My money is on fix dinner for both of you and apologize. Although I think the retreat to the bedroom was a wee bit of an over reaction.

jimnyc
02-08-2014, 07:13 PM
My money is on fix dinner for both of you and apologize. Although I think the retreat to the bedroom was a wee bit of an over reaction.

Yeah, time to try and suck up. I say try, because this woman knows how to hold a grudge. She'll ignore me for like 4 years now. :(

Abbey Marie
02-08-2014, 09:12 PM
I vote for this: Say to her "What happened? You used to be fun". That gets people every time!

(But don't blame me if she get REALLY mad).

hjmick
02-08-2014, 09:22 PM
Say "Hello..."

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR5hx2SJ-Naf7nkyydNH6qePvM1biBpttG-LxenpQoO-cJ1l74C

logroller
02-09-2014, 03:53 AM
I think you should send her this (http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/0399148442/ref=redir_mdp_mobile?redirect=true) for valentines day.

(But don't blame me if she gets REALLY mad)

tailfins
02-09-2014, 04:46 AM
While outside letting the dogs out, I made a tiny snowball. Honest truth, was about the size of your typical gumball you get in a machine at the grocery store. The woman walked into the kitchen and I nailed her right in the stomach! LOL Wasn't like that though, I actually lobbed it, just a little friendly fire. I figured she would retaliate as she usually does, maybe go out the other door and get some snow herself. But worse happened. She gave me the evil eye and closed her mouth, and then quietly, but swiftly, just left the kitchen and went straight to the bedroom. By the time I got there, about 10 seconds later, the lights were off and she was laying in bed. At first I laughingly tried to make up but she ignored me. That lead to a real apology but still silence. Eventually she spoke in that 'one tone' voice and said "nothing is wrong". Yeah, right, we men know what that means!

And I should have waited an hour to mess with her. It's dinner time, I'm hungry, and no way in hell am I asking her about dinner now!

So do I just cook for myself and take my lumps? Do I cook for both of us and hope she'll actually eat it? Or do I make an even larger snowball, pull back the blanket and toss it down her shirt? :laugh:

You're making this WAAAAY too complicated. Just ignore her and go about your business. Just keep busy and dig in for the duration, even if it's weeks. Don't reward sulking and other bad behavior.

jafar00
02-09-2014, 07:45 PM
I always mess up the timing of whether to go in and talk or leave her be when it's the old moping in the bedroom with the lights off trick. I feel for you man.

Abbey Marie
02-10-2014, 01:11 AM
Interesting to hear this from the male POV. In all these years of marriage, I have rarely done the go off and sulk thing. I'm much more confrontational than that.

:coffee:

Voted4Reagan
02-10-2014, 07:45 AM

http://youtu.be/lwx2ce_AyOE

tailfins
02-10-2014, 08:02 AM
Interesting to hear this from the male POV. In all these years of marriage, I have rarely done the go off and sulk thing. I'm much more confrontational than that.

:coffee:

So what would you have said/done in such a circumstance? Would you make it long lasting and unpleasant?

Jeff
02-10-2014, 08:14 AM

HA HA Too Funny !!

NO :boobies: for you

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

glockmail
02-10-2014, 09:04 AM
Jim, she assumed your snowball fight was foreplay. That's why she went into the bedroom. :laugh:

Perianne
02-10-2014, 09:45 AM
As a woman, sometimes things just hit me wrong. It doesn't matter whether or not it makes sense that I'm pissed. When I get upset (which is not often), just give me some space and time, show me the right amount of deference, and all will eventually go back to normal.

Voted4Reagan
02-10-2014, 10:07 AM
Jimmy's wife was seen putting this on this morning... No boobies for him!

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-Ozd21_-Al6w/TXKGqUkgo2I/AAAAAAAABhI/5Zb5GmvZClU/s400/1.jpg

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
02-10-2014, 10:08 AM

:coffee: My wife is too. Perhaps Jim should look for something he previously did that triggered the reaction. My wife usually shows her irritation on one thing to get the discussion going so she can then bring up the real issue. We do not have those often but ten years married we have had a few--I am good at seeing patterns . When I point our logically how wrong she was to overreact on such a trivial thing she says yes but that was in addition to this. And gives the real gripe. At that point I completely abandon trying to repair the first subterfuge and do my best to solve the real issue. Ten years married and only yelled at her once and that was over a safety issue with our son. She eventually apologized.. --Tyr

tailfins
02-10-2014, 10:48 AM
As a woman, sometimes things just hit me wrong. It doesn't matter whether or not it makes sense that I'm pissed. When I get upset (which is not often), just give me some space and time, show me the right amount of deference, and all will eventually go back to normal.

It's interesting that your approach and mine would actually work quite well. I'm a serial problem solver. I DON'T multitask very well at all. If my wife is angry, she becomes an unsolvable problem, causing me to go on to the next problem whether it be changing the tires on the car, fixing a computer problem, updating my resume, learning Visual Studio 2013, etc., etc., etc. The biggest challenge for my wife is to convince me, "Come here and be company. Reserve time for there to be no problem to fix." Jim, if my wife pulled what your wife did, she would find herself being irrelevant and forgotten about in another room. I don't mean actively ignored to "send a message", but rather not enter my thoughts for real until she says "Yoo hoo, remember me?"

Voted4Reagan
02-10-2014, 10:53 AM
Jim, if my wife pulled what your wife did, she would find herself being irrelevant and forgotten about in another room. I don't mean actively ignored to "send a message", but rather not enter my thoughts for real until she says "Yoo hoo, remember me?"

A true Misogynists point of view.... And you're proud of it?

Abbey Marie
02-10-2014, 11:13 AM
So what would you have said/done in such a circumstance? Would you make it long lasting and unpleasant?

In the situation Jim described, I would go get a bigger snowball and try to put it down my husband's back or pants. Which would end up in laughter, because I am not as strong as he is. It seemed like Jim was trying to have some fun, and it didn't seem like anything to get mad about to me. (But as others have pointed out, there was probably something else going on there).

If my husband did something that made me angry, I would probably 9 times out of 10 let him know about it verbally. I am not shy about speaking my mind. I have found that going off to sulk only works if you TRULY want to be left alone; not as a ploy for attention.

tailfins
02-10-2014, 11:59 AM
A true Misogynists point of view.... And you're proud of it?

I propose a new nickname for you because it fits SOOOO well: Mr. Officious. Look it up if you don't know what it means.

Wait ... that may be asking too much of you.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/officious

: volunteering one's services where they are neither asked nor needed : meddlesome (http://www.debatepolicy.com/meddlesome)

Examples of OFFICIOUS
<!--INFOLINKS_ON-->

<an <em="">officious little man who was always telling everyone else how to do their jobs</an>

Voted4Reagan
02-10-2014, 12:50 PM
I propose a new nickname for you because it fits SOOOO well: Mr. Officious. Look it up if you don't know what it means.

Wait ... that may be asking too much of you.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/officious

Knowing your record on how you deal with women and the contempt you hold them in... I think I hit the nail on the head...

Your petty nonsensical reply attempting to insult me is quite humorous....

You have gone to great lengths to tell everyone here on numerous instances how women are inferior to men.

Wear you badge proudly ... You forged it yourself. I am sure all the women here agree on that.

Shall we call for a Vote?

tailfins
02-10-2014, 12:58 PM
Knowing your record on how you deal with women and the contempt you hold them in... I think I hit the nail on the head...

Your petty nonsensical reply attempting to insult me is quite humorous....

You have gone to great lengths to tell everyone here on numerous instances how women are inferior to men.

Wear you badge proudly ... You forged it yourself. I am sure all the women here agree on that.

Shall we call for a Vote?

You're still Mr. Officious. Wear you(r) badge proudly ... You forged it yourself.

Voted4Reagan
02-10-2014, 01:07 PM
You're still Mr. Officious. Wear you(r) badge proudly ... You forged it yourself.

IMITATION IS THE MOST SINCERE FORM OF FLATTERY... YOU JUST HAD TO USE THE SAME WORDS I DID... lol

I guess you really are unable to have an original thought...

tailfins
02-10-2014, 01:32 PM
IMITATION IS THE MOST SINCERE FORM OF FLATTERY... YOU JUST HAD TO USE THE SAME WORDS I DID... lol

I guess you really are unable to have an original thought...

I know you can't comprehend it, but I will say this for other readers to enjoy: In the many instances you reply to people as if you had some kind of authority on DP, you're only fooling yourself. It's both pitiful and amusing at the same time. That's why you're Mr. Officious.

Voted4Reagan
02-10-2014, 01:51 PM
I know you can't comprehend it, but I will say this for other readers to enjoy: In the many instances you reply to people as if you had some kind of authority on DP, you're only fooling yourself. It's both pitiful and amusing at the same time. That's why you're Mr. Officious.

Awwwwww.... sounds like Mr. Tailfins has a bad case of the Butt-Hurt Grumpies... He cant even come up with words of his own to use...

poor thing....

jimnyc
02-11-2014, 11:33 AM
Just to update... I apologized for my childish behavior (which we all know will never cease, but I lied!). I had to nag her til the point that she made peace with me just to get rid of me! So I think we're cool. Then again, I woke up 2x during the night with a fouled up stomach continuing into this morning. It was either the onions or the poison!

jimnyc
02-11-2014, 11:35 AM

Is that you in your avatar? Do you go to Kentucky? That would be awesome, I've always been a fan of Kentucky basketball, probably back to the 80's or so. Can you get me a free jersey?

tailfins
02-11-2014, 12:21 PM
Just to update... I apologized for my childish behavior (which we all know will never cease, but I lied!). I had to nag her til the point that she made peace with me just to get rid of me! So I think we're cool. Then again, I woke up 2x during the night with a fouled up stomach continuing into this morning. It was either the onions or the poison!

You have a totally different dynamic than I do with my wife. She would be the one most likely to throw the snowball. If I got annoyed she knows the best response would be to explain the benefits of throwing snowballs and horseplay in general.

Voted4Reagan
02-11-2014, 01:42 PM
You have a totally different dynamic than I do with my wife. She would be the one most likely to throw the snowball. If I got annoyed she knows the best response would be to explain the benefits of throwing snowballs and horseplay in general.

If your wife was Jimmy's you'd have been emasculated and the bits thrown to the Dogs.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

jimnyc
02-11-2014, 01:54 PM

This was an out of norm situation. Our marriage isn't perfect, but generally we are good at playing with one another. Any other day and she would have waited a few minutes and tried to toss a snowball down my shirt. And she's been known to fill a glass with water, then ice, let it sit 10 minutes, and then literally just pour it over me when I least expect it. But anyone in the game of "one upmanship" knows that sometimes the games lead to bad feelings, even if the intent was to have fun.

She's made me feel guilty for a few days over this, so now I have to get revenge!