PDA

View Full Version : New ride !

Jeff
02-10-2014, 08:03 AM
I picked up my new bike Saturday and the weather was nice enough to catch a short ride both Saturday and Sunday, Life is good :cool:

Voted4Reagan
02-10-2014, 08:34 AM
Jeff is definitely the cool brother....

Nice scoot bro!

Jeff
02-10-2014, 08:39 AM
Jeff is definitely the cool brother....

Nice scoot bro!

Thank you !

Abbey Marie
02-10-2014, 11:17 AM
Congrats, Jeff :cool:

Voted4Reagan
02-10-2014, 11:49 AM
Jeff gets new Bike... This is what happens

http://www.bikernet.com/news/images/PhotoID36657.jpg

Jimmy gets a Bike... and this is what happens..

http://www.demilked.com/magazine/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/hot-mess-ducati-panigale-motocorsa-thumb640.jpg

darin
02-10-2014, 12:21 PM
Don't let this be you!

http://media.motoblog.it/h/hal/haley_crash.jpg

or

http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb26/caschnd1/Deals%20Gap%20-%20General/img_8373.jpg

WEAR GEAR, brother!

Little-Acorn
02-10-2014, 12:27 PM
Don't let this be you!

or

http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb26/caschnd1/Deals%20Gap%20-%20General/img_8373.jpg

WEAR GEAR, brother!

How did that guy manage to exchange his black helmet for a white one, repaint the bike red, and acquire a girlfriend, all between Pic #3 and Pic #4? :clap:

Little-Acorn
02-10-2014, 12:30 PM
I expected to see this one.

http://hoosierbeemers.org/pics/radial_mc.jpg

V-twins are for pussies.

:poke:

Seriously, nice ride! :salute:

red state
02-10-2014, 01:49 PM
Jeff gets new Bike... This is what happens

http://www.bikernet.com/news/images/PhotoID36657.jpg

Jimmy gets a Bike... and this is what happens..

http://www.demilked.com/magazine/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/hot-mess-ducati-panigale-motocorsa-thumb640.jpg

Great post, V4R, are you saying that Jim would attract the above when getting a new bike or would dress like the guy above (IF/WHEN) getting a new bike (or both)? HA!!! If so, perhaps that is what Jim's wife is all upset about.....(his wardrobe) and not the little snowball thrown to her mid-section. And for the record.....who doesn't aim and hit the upper head region or simply shove a snowball down one's shirt. I have never heard of purposely aiming for someone's stomach. Could it be that she assumed that Jim was making an issue of her tummy? That'll get any gal madder than hell.

As for the bike.....CONGRATS, Jeff!!! I'll probably have to buckle down and get me a bike and simply use it on the warmer days around Cade's Cove or Wear's Valley. By the way, I'm not terribly far to your North right now (here watching it snow on the North side of the Cherokee Reservation) You could ride it on up this way and let me take it for a spin in this snow and ice. I promise that I'll not wreck it. HA!!!

Kathianne
02-10-2014, 02:38 PM
I picked up my new bike Saturday and the weather was nice enough to catch a short ride both Saturday and Sunday, Life is good :cool:

That's quite a purdy bike! Enjoy!

aboutime
02-10-2014, 05:19 PM

Congrats Jeff. Good for you. "KEEP THE SHINY SIDE UP!"

Jeff
02-10-2014, 07:46 PM
Great post, V4R, are you saying that Jim would attract the above when getting a new bike or would dress like the guy above (IF/WHEN) getting a new bike (or both)? HA!!! If so, perhaps that is what Jim's wife is all upset about.....(his wardrobe) and not the little snowball thrown to her mid-section. And for the record.....who doesn't aim and hit the upper head region or simply shove a snowball down one's shirt. I have never heard of purposely aiming for someone's stomach. Could it be that she assumed that Jim was making an issue of her tummy? That'll get any gal madder than hell.

As for the bike.....CONGRATS, Jeff!!! I'll probably have to buckle down and get me a bike and simply use it on the warmer days around Cade's Cove or Wear's Valley. By the way, I'm not terribly far to your North right now (here watching it snow on the North side of the Cherokee Reservation) You could ride it on up this way and let me take it for a spin in this snow and ice. I promise that I'll not wreck it. HA!!!

I have a nice one for sale Red

Cade's cove is a ride many in the club I ride with make quite often, I am looking forward to heading that way as soon as the weather breaks !!

Jeff
02-10-2014, 07:50 PM
Don't let this be you!

or

WEAR GEAR, brother!

Brother I guess as you get older ya get smarter , I wear a half helmet but it is D.O.T. approved , years ago I wore a novelty helmet when the law said you had to have one and I have even rode with shorts on ( not bright at all ) but like I said as you get older you realize just how fragile things are.

red state
02-10-2014, 09:59 PM
I have a nice one for sale Red

Cade's cove is a ride many in the club I ride with make quite often, I am looking forward to heading that way as soon as the weather breaks !!

Well, I'm here in the mountains now.....in fact, I leave in the morning but was supposed to have already been home. Since it turned out so nice with the new, fresh snow, my wife and I decided to stay one more day. We made that decision about 30 min before check out. We called and got another great rate for being "loyal, frequent guests". I love this spot and hope to find a cabin of our own on the cheap. Bad thing with that is the estate market in the area is already on a rebound after several years in the abyss. It's actually been good the past two years in the Seviere Co. area.

As for the bike, I have college to pay for (except for an National honor student) so that and a hopeful cabin is on the "to pay for" list and bikes are not part of the plan.....my wife would never ride with me anyway and she'd frown as hard on me riding as your bro's wife frowns on snowballs to the abdomen. HA!!! Still, it'd be nice to ride around here on a bike but I believe convertible or jeep would do almost as well.

Glad you have a new bike to break in....just don't let it break you in with some nut looking at a bear when they should be watching out for HOGS.

~Michael

red state
02-10-2014, 10:03 PM
Oh yeah....as for the weather, EIGHT inches are expected for this area (Kosby/Gatlinburg) so I wouldn't suggest any of you guys in the club risk a Cade's Cove trip any time soon. We're leaving out before the really big snow hits. HA!!! There's been more snow at home in the Memphis area than here so far but Memphis/Tupelo can't compete with EIGHT inches!!!! Wow, now that is a snow for any part of the mid-South/East TN area!

Off to bed now...ya'll take care.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
02-10-2014, 10:46 PM
Plum purty Jeff. Remember ass firmly planted, , wheels down and keep ya mouth closed. :laugh: Safe driving position.. ;) Iffin ya ever find your face meeting the road it means you did something bad wrong. Take care amigo.. --Tyr

darin
02-11-2014, 08:47 AM
Brother I guess as you get older ya get smarter , I wear a half helmet but it is D.O.T. approved , years ago I wore a novelty helmet when the law said you had to have one and I have even rode with shorts on ( not bright at all ) but like I said as you get older you realize just how fragile things are.

Not just a helmet issue - it's a skin issue. Skin grafts, I'm told, HURT. Road Rash...ugh. :)

Stay safe!

Nukeman
02-11-2014, 09:27 AM
Brother I guess as you get older ya get smarter , I wear a half helmet but it is D.O.T. approved , years ago I wore a novelty helmet when the law said you had to have one and I have even rode with shorts on ( not bright at all ) but like I said as you get older you realize just how fragile things are.I gotta agree with you there. I wear a half helmet as well thats DOT, my brother has a novelty one. I always wear pants. Did the shorts on summer and burnt the hell out of my leg NEVER again. Love the Cades Cove area. It is a nice road have not had the opportunity to do it on the bike yet. I believe in the pics DMP posted they were going a little too fast for the curve... It's all about knowing your ride and how it handles....

fj1200
02-11-2014, 10:49 AM
I believe in the pics DMP posted they were going a little too fast for the curve... It's all about knowing your ride and how it handles....

And not mugging for the cameras. :eek:

jimnyc
02-11-2014, 11:30 AM
Nice bike, fuckface!! Like I told ya on FB, now you have no excuse not to come north!! :poke: :beer:

Nukeman
02-11-2014, 11:33 AM
Nice bike, fuckface!! Like I told ya on FB, now you have no excuse not to come north!! :poke: :beer:
Except the damn cold!:poke:

jimnyc
02-11-2014, 11:35 AM
Except the damn cold!:poke:

Yeah, that's true, it was 16 degrees this morn and up to about 19 now. That would suck to ride face first into that weather!!

Nukeman
02-11-2014, 12:55 PM
Yeah, that's true, it was 16 degrees this morn and up to about 19 now. That would suck to ride face first into that weather!!
it was -11 here this morning without windchill.....

jimnyc
02-11-2014, 01:49 PM
it was -11 here this morning without windchill.....

Damn, MINUS? Imagine what it would feel like trying to ride a bike in that kind of weather? I think I rode my bicycle when I was a kid in single digit temperatures. It gave me a runny nose which quickly froze, in addition to my eyeballs freezing and not being able to create tears for a few hours. And I think I hit about 8mph! :)

Nukeman
02-11-2014, 04:31 PM
Damn, MINUS? Imagine what it would feel like trying to ride a bike in that kind of weather? I think I rode my bicycle when I was a kid in single digit temperatures. It gave me a runny nose which quickly froze, in addition to my eyeballs freezing and not being able to create tears for a few hours. And I think I hit about 8mph! :)
I generally won't ride when its under 40. you add on 60-70 mph wind and it gets pretty darn cold even with leathers and gloves... I am looking forward to this summer to doing more riding... this past summer sucked for it I was to darn busy.....

Nukeman
02-11-2014, 04:32 PM

Is that a Dyna??

Jeff
02-12-2014, 06:03 AM
Is that a Dyna??

Yes it sure is

As for the cold we are getting a snow storm down here, it started yesterday morning and the bulk of the snow is coming down now and isn't suppose to stop until tomorrow morning , we have gotten predictions of under a inch all the way up to 14 inches :laugh: remember this is the state that had called a State Of Emergency a couple of weeks ago due to the 3/4 inch storm, The Gov. did better this time he declared a state of emergency for 41 counties on Monday ( yup the day before the storm )

With the amount of snow that feel yesterday and this morning I can already tell work and school will be done for the rest of the week :laugh:

jimnyc
02-12-2014, 07:57 AM
Yes it sure is

As for the cold we are getting a snow storm down here, it started yesterday morning and the bulk of the snow is coming down now and isn't suppose to stop until tomorrow morning , we have gotten predictions of under a inch all the way up to 14 inches :laugh: remember this is the state that had called a State Of Emergency a couple of weeks ago due to the 3/4 inch storm, The Gov. did better this time he declared a state of emergency for 41 counties on Monday ( yup the day before the storm )

With the amount of snow that feel yesterday and this morning I can already tell work and school will be done for the rest of the week :laugh:

How much you have so far? We're supposed to get ANOTHER 6-10 inches overnight tonight.

Jeff
02-13-2014, 06:57 AM
How much you have so far? We're supposed to get ANOTHER 6-10 inches overnight tonight.

Looking outside now we have maybe 5 inches on the ground and it is still snowing lightly, Tuesday we had a couple of inches that melted before round 2 came through so I guess we had about 7 inches or so, and yes we got the call yesterday about 10 am that school would be closed the rest of the week :laugh: My wife has been home for two days and it looks like today will be # 3 :laugh: GA is going to get hit by a major storm someday and they are really going to be in trouble, I have one friend that talked about the last storm ( yes all 3/4 of a inch of it ) as a blizzard , yes he actually called it that.

fj1200
02-13-2014, 07:57 AM
Looking outside now we have maybe 5 inches on the ground and it is still snowing lightly...

Love the snow, hate the kids being out of school. :eek:

Jeff
02-13-2014, 08:01 AM
Love the snow, hate the kids being out of school. :eek:

:laugh: I thought I was the only Grump :laugh:

Actually my boys stayed at a friends house last night so I just had to deal with the dogs :laugh: and we got rid of one of the puppies so all is good :thumb:

fj1200
02-13-2014, 08:33 AM
:laugh: I thought I was the only Grump :laugh:

Actually my boys stayed at a friends house last night so I just had to deal with the dogs :laugh: and we got rid of one of the puppies so all is good :thumb:

Hate you! :321: If only I could get all of mine out of the house at the same time. I chipped the car out of the ice last night and then drove around the neighborhood so I could pretend I'm still in Michigan.