PDA

View Full Version : I'd hate myself in the morning .....

tailfins
02-11-2014, 08:09 PM
I'm sooooooooooo tempted by this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1799-Draped-Bust-Heraldic-Eagle-Silver-Dollar-1-PCGS-VF-25-/350993893652

jimnyc
02-11-2014, 08:16 PM
I don't know. I was an amateur coin collector as I was growing up, so I know shit about the valuable coins. But that's a lot of money to put out, unless you're secretly rich! Looks like a good coin for 200+ years old. And the seller has 100% rating with over 25k sales. Still an awful lotta dough for a coin that will sit around. Do you think if you hold onto it for a bit you can make a profit from it?

tailfins
02-11-2014, 09:03 PM
I don't know. I was an amateur coin collector as I was growing up, so I know shit about the valuable coins. But that's a lot of money to put out, unless you're secretly rich! Looks like a good coin for 200+ years old. And the seller has 100% rating with over 25k sales. Still an awful lotta dough for a coin that will sit around. Do you think if you hold onto it for a bit you can make a profit from it?

I just like the Bust Dollars because of the lettered edge. I might be able to make a bit off of it, but only a few percent.