PDA

View Full Version : Wyoming firing squad? No, says state senate.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
02-12-2014, 09:46 AM
Wyoming firing squad? No, says state senate.
http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Latest-News-Wires/2014/0211/Wyoming-firing-squad-No-says-state-senate Wyoming firing squad? No, says state senate.

Wyoming firing squad bill: Wyoming currently uses lethal injection to execute criminals, with a gas chamber as a backup. But logistical problems – like Wyoming not having any gas chambers – prompted a bill to consider death by firing squad.

The Wyoming Senate has voted not to consider a bill to allow the use of firing squads to execute condemned inmates. Lethal injection is the method laid out in state law, with the gas chamber as a backup. The bill's sponsor, Republican state Sen. Bruce Burns, says states have had trouble getting drugs for lethal injection.

Wyoming doesn't have a gas chamber and he questioned the expense of building one for infrequent executions.

The bill would have required approval by two-thirds of senators for introduction. It failed Tuesday on a vote of 17 in favor, 13 opposed.

Wyoming has one inmate on death row. Dale Wayne Eaton is appealing the death sentence he received in 2004 in the rape and murder of 18-year-old Lisa Marie Kimmell of Billings, Mont. I fail to see why it wouldn't be allowed. Bullets have proven to be very effective in dispensing death. Of course they used this as justification.
Amendment VIII

Excessive bail shall not be required, nor excessive fines imposed, nor cruel and unusual punishments inflicted.
^^^^^ What is cruel or unusual about bullets if death is ordered by the court judgment? Use 4 top marksmen with 3 live rounds, prisoner with a one inch red dot placed right over the heart. One blank round so that each shooter can chose to think his was the blank shot. If the death sentence has been deemed not unusual punishment why then would using bullets to do it then be so considered?--Tyr

CSM
02-12-2014, 10:01 AM
If I were king for a day, those to be executed would be dispatched in the same manner they dealt with their victims. The convicted murderer stuffed his victim into a woodchipper while still alive? Guess what his means of execution is to be! But hey, that's just me and most know that I am not very politically correct.

jimnyc
02-12-2014, 10:48 AM
Didn't 'ol sparky light someone on fire once and take forever to kill him? I'd rather face a firing squad of like 20 shooters at once, at least I know for sure I'll be dead real quick.

Gaffer
02-12-2014, 01:08 PM
Don't even need people shooting. The weapons can be set up to fire automatically and never miss. Just need one person to push a button.

I like CSM's way best. It would also be a major deterrent to murderers.