PDA

View Full Version : San Diego replaces slimeball Democrat mayor with Republican

Little-Acorn
02-12-2014, 04:56 PM
Yeah, it's just a local contest. But it's one more little card out of the entire House of Cards the Democrats have been erecting for the last decade or two.

It was nice while it lasted, Demmies. Now it's starting to come down.

Democrat Mayor Bob Filner resigned last year amidst charges that he had sexually harassed and otherwise abused female employees in and around his office as Mayor of San Diego. Last November an election was held to choose a replacement. When no candidate got the required 51% of the vote, a runoff election was held Tuesday, Feb. 11, between the top 2 vote-getters (Kevin Faulconer (R) and David Alvarez (D)). Faulconer won by approx. 55% to 45%.

Most of Alvarez's campaigning concentrated on the fact that Faulconer got approx. 20% of his campaign financial support from big business leaders. Most of Faulconer's didn't name numbers, but concentrated on the fact that 80% of Alvarez's supported came from government-union bosses, and 90% of that was from out of state.

http://www.10news.com/news/mayor-elect-kevin-faulconer-i-cant-wait-to-get-started-021214

revelarts
02-12-2014, 05:00 PM
for some reason i thought the headline was going to say,

"San Diego replaces slimeball Democrat mayor with a slimeball Republican mayor "

But I hope that's not the case

Trigg
02-12-2014, 05:15 PM
from the replies at the end it looks like the middle class finally got tired of being ran over and came out to vote.