PDA

View Full Version : The Global Warming never seems to end!

jimnyc
02-13-2014, 10:04 AM
Woke up this morning to like another 6-8 inches of snow, on top of the last 8 inches that was still melting, on top of the 6 from prior to that, all on top of the fat layer of ice underneath all of it. I figured the same lame old picture/view out my back window was getting old, but I'm too cold to go elsewhere, so made a short video instead. At the very end you see the lower roof of our rear sun room, and you can see the most recent overnight accumulation on top.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/2AfjMUy52-I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Abbey Marie
02-13-2014, 11:17 AM
My husband just came in from snow-blowing, and says we got 12" of snow. Supposedly we will get another 2" later.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
02-13-2014, 11:29 AM
Woke up this morning to like another 6-8 inches of snow, on top of the last 8 inches that was still melting, on top of the 6 from prior to that, all on top of the fat layer of ice underneath all of it. I figured the same lame old picture/view out my back window was getting old, but I'm too cold to go elsewhere, so made a short video instead. At the very end you see the lower roof of our rear sun room, and you can see the most recent overnight accumulation on top.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/2AfjMUy52-I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe> Well you can not beat how the global warming asses have set it up . If it is hot, dry and crops fail--see global warming(!) and if its cold and snow with ice blasts us all to hell(!) see it is global warming. That is like saying my soup is hot and cold at the same time and from the same source. I know that fire, an electric burner , any heat source heats soup but never seen a heat source cooling soup. All are idiots buying into a scam created to aid a political agenda. To aid a globalist agenda. --Tyr

Tricky Dicky
02-13-2014, 11:51 AM
Yes it's all being blamed on global warming -except....
These storms seem not so much generated by an increase in temperature over the caribbean as the effect of the freezing cold in the US ( hot air rises into cold air. )
In fact we don't have global warming, we have global freezing! What we need, if there is anything in this CO2 business ( which there isn't, ) is more Chinses coal burning power stations!

Voted4Reagan
02-13-2014, 02:05 PM
10 more inches of Global Warming here.

revelarts
02-13-2014, 02:21 PM
...Runaway Global Warming promises to literally burn-up agricultural areas into dust worldwide by 2012, causing global famine, anarchy, diseases, and war on a global scale as military powers including the U.S., Russia, and China, fight for control of the Earth's remaining resources.

Over 4.5 billion people could die from Global Warming related causes by 2012, as planet Earth accelarates into a greed-driven horrific catastrophe.

Bibliographic reference courtesy of Brad Arnold who has an extensive resrarch background on Global Warming....

this is still up on a progressive news website. it's an article from 2007.

http://www.agoracosmopolitan.com/home/Frontpage/2007/01/08/01291.html

aboutime
02-13-2014, 03:37 PM
this is still up on a progressive news website. it's an article from 2007.

http://www.agoracosmopolitan.com/home/Frontpage/2007/01/08/01291.html

Probably posted, and Sanctioned by, Dear Old...http://icansayit.com/images/GORE.JPG

Drummond
02-13-2014, 04:34 PM
I seem to recall that we were promised a warmer and drier climate.

Well - and as 'Tricky' will readily agree ... we in the UK aren't getting record snowfalls, what we're instead getting is record rainfall (.. mixed in with very strong gales).

Currently, and has been true for the past several weeks, what we're experiencing is 'storm factory' conditions -- rainfall deluge after rainfall deluge. Already our rivers are seeing record quantities of water in them, and flooding is widespread, with no end to it yet in sight !! All this is dominating our news broadcasts, with blame for inaction flying around all over the place ...

Disruption is widespread.

Here's a sample or 2 of our experience ...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2557440/UK-weather-Shocking-map-shows-flooding-threat-thousands-homes-near-Thames.html

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
02-13-2014, 04:45 PM
I seem to recall that we were promised a warmer and drier climate.

Well - and as 'Tricky' will readily agree ... we in the UK aren't getting record snowfalls, what we're instead getting is record rainfall (.. mixed in with very strong gales).

Currently, and has been true for the past several weeks, what we're experiencing is 'storm factory' conditions -- rainfall deluge after rainfall deluge. Already our rivers are seeing record quantities of water in them, and flooding is widespread, with no end to it yet in sight !! All this is dominating our news broadcasts, with blame for inaction flying around all over the place ...

Disruption is widespread.

Here's a sample or 2 of our experience ...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2557440/UK-weather-Shocking-map-shows-flooding-threat-thousands-homes-near-Thames.html

59025903590459055906 Sorry to see Britain being hit so hard by this bad weather. Pray for a ton of that "global warming to dry up all that water, right?--Tyr

Trigg
02-13-2014, 04:51 PM
well I'm happy to report that this latest mess missed us :dance:

Drummond
02-13-2014, 04:55 PM
Sorry to see Britain being hit so hard by this bad weather. Pray for a ton of that "global warming to dry up all that water, right?--Tyr

Hah ! Well, the BBC is going all out to tell the British public how all of this conclusively proves the truth of Global Warming !!! They point out that last year, most of the UK was covered in snow at this time in February. The storm-factory conditions in the Atlantic are blamed on Global Warming (now just renamed 'Climate Change' for much of their broadcasts, by the way !) affecting the jet stream ...:laugh:

But we've a serious problem here. It's not just continued rainfall any more. It's also saturated land, meaning that water is being held beneath the surface. Drainage in many areas is little more than a memory. There's even talk of future floods being caused not by rainfall, but by some of it getting from underground to the surface !!

aboutime
02-13-2014, 05:36 PM
Hah ! Well, the BBC is going all out to tell the British public how all of this conclusively proves the truth of Global Warming !!! They point out that last year, most of the UK was covered in snow at this time in February. The storm-factory conditions in the Atlantic are blamed on Global Warming (now just renamed 'Climate Change' for much of their broadcasts, by the way !) affecting the jet stream ...:laugh:

But we've a serious problem here. It's not just continued rainfall any more. It's also saturated land, meaning that water is being held beneath the surface. Drainage in many areas is little more than a memory. There's even talk of future floods being caused not by rainfall, but by some of it getting from underground to the surface !!

Sir Drummond. Though most all of us wish all of you safety, and protection from the terrible Winter ALL OF US are experiencing in Some Way.

You, and your fellow Countrymen now have MY PERMISSION to BLAME our cheapest, most crooked, selfish, dumb, stupid, and ignorant member of our most undereducated population.

Namely...the "Father of Carbon Footprints for Fun, and Profit"...AL (B)Gore(ing)

Drummond
02-14-2014, 12:48 PM
Sir Drummond. Though most all of us wish all of you safety, and protection from the terrible Winter ALL OF US are experiencing in Some Way.

You, and your fellow Countrymen now have MY PERMISSION to BLAME our cheapest, most crooked, selfish, dumb, stupid, and ignorant member of our most undereducated population.

Namely...the "Father of Carbon Footprints for Fun, and Profit"...AL (B)Gore(ing)

Very appreciated, Aboutime (you too, Tyr ..).

Still, we have our own home-grown champions of Global Warming / Climate Change / Insert Latest Trendy Name propaganda bilge .. namely, the BBC. Such is their concern for carbon footprints that they'll run their Corporation as a worldwide empire, never missing an opportunity to further spend Licence-fee money on more transmitters, more bases, more studios, more reporters to be flown anywhere and everywhere round the globe.

But they'll still manage to be sanctimonious about everyone else's power consumptions, etc ...

aboutime
02-14-2014, 04:18 PM
Very appreciated, Aboutime (you too, Tyr ..).

Still, we have our own home-grown champions of Global Warming / Climate Change / Insert Latest Trendy Name propaganda bilge .. namely, the BBC. Such is their concern for carbon footprints that they'll run their Corporation as a worldwide empire, never missing an opportunity to further spend Licence-fee money on more transmitters, more bases, more studios, more reporters to be flown anywhere and everywhere round the globe.

But they'll still manage to be sanctimonious about everyone else's power consumptions, etc ...

Sir Drummond. Kind of makes me wonder HOW Sanctimonious the BBC would be if EVERYONE SWITCHED THEM OFF?
Give them a little taste of their own BILGEWATER, wasted Power Consumption...right back???:laugh:

Tricky Dicky
02-15-2014, 05:51 AM
Sir Drummond. Kind of makes me wonder HOW Sanctimonious the BBC would be if EVERYONE SWITCHED THEM OFF?
Give them a little taste of their own BILGEWATER, wasted Power Consumption...right back???:laugh:
The trouble is you can't escape the Bastards. If you wan't a TV etc in your own house you have to pay the princely sum of £145 to fund their Liberal crap - If you don't, then it's off to the crooked courts with you, and if you're Bolshy, then it's off to prison with you ( Liberals love criminalizing their opponents. ) Crazy hey? It's all part of the rigid British class where your 'betters' tell you what's good for you.

Jeff
02-15-2014, 07:26 AM
Well you can not beat how the global warming asses have set it up . If it is hot, dry and crops fail--see global warming(!) and if its cold and snow with ice blasts us all to hell(!) see it is global warming. That is like saying my soup is hot and cold at the same time and from the same source. I know that fire, an electric burner , any heat source heats soup but never seen a heat source cooling soup. All are idiots buying into a scam created to aid a political agenda. To aid a globalist agenda. --Tyr

My coffee got cold , it's because of global warming :laugh:

jimnyc
02-15-2014, 03:40 PM
And here we go again. Flurries started about 15 minutes ago and now it looks like a blizzard outside. Only supposed to get 2-4 inches, but "only" is tiresome when it's every other damned day!

Drummond
02-15-2014, 06:39 PM
The trouble is you can't escape the Bastards. If you wan't a TV etc in your own house you have to pay the princely sum of £145 to fund their Liberal crap - If you don't, then it's off to the crooked courts with you, and if you're Bolshy, then it's off to prison with you ( Liberals love criminalizing their opponents. ) Crazy hey? It's all part of the rigid British class where your 'betters' tell you what's good for you.:clap::clap::clap:

Not so sure about your 'British class' argument / suggestion. Otherwise, though, a totally spot on post.

Folks - the one and only way a UK citizen can avoid funding the BBC is to neither have a TV in the house, nor any other means of receiving TV programmes (a computer using their IPlayer feed, for example, or others like it run by other channels). If you CAN receive television, if you've that capability because of the equipment you use, then Tricky's right, and you have to pay the licence fee by law. Forget all you know about the BBC selling its services abroad .. the BBC, being our State broadcaster, does get ENFORCED revenues from the British public.

.. Jackboots, anybody ?

Drummond
02-15-2014, 06:44 PM

I'm sure they'd hate having their programmes ignored.

They'd carry on, though. See both Tricky's and my own posts on the subject .. the BBC is guaranteed revenues from the general public !

I daresay that a provably, completely unpopular BBC might force a review of just how much they'd get. Regardless, though, they'd find a way to carry on, whatever the Public did.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
02-15-2014, 07:00 PM
:clap::clap::clap:

Not so sure about your 'British class' argument / suggestion. Otherwise, though, a totally spot on post.

Folks - the one and only way a UK citizen can avoid funding the BBC is to neither have a TV in the house, nor any other means of receiving TV programmes (a computer using their IPlayer feed, for example, or others like it run by other channels). If you CAN receive television, if you've that capability because of the equipment you use, then Tricky's right, and you have to pay the licence fee by law. Forget all you know about the BBC selling its services abroad .. the BBC, being our State broadcaster, does get ENFORCED revenues from the British public.

.. Jackboots, anybody ? SURE IT IS JACKBOOT POLICY. Americans that are not blind to the jackboot policies of Obama and his crew should understand that and what the true Brit people suffer there. By true Bit people I mean the non-immigrant native citizens. To hell with most the immigrants because most are Muslim invited in invaders that are destroying the nation! I hope to be very wrong but my view is that Britain will be conquered by its invited in guests. And that's why the leftists invited them in in hordes! Both the leftists and the Muslims should be expelled or else Britain falls IMHO. I am very sad to have to express that but it is true! I BELIEVE FRANCE HAS GREATLY STEPED UP ITS DEPORTATION POLICY. May be too little to late but at least it is a start at trying to actually survive. I would have never guessed they would be first to try to take actual preventative steps--even before Britain!--TYR

Tricky Dicky
02-17-2014, 05:33 AM
:clap::clap::clap:

.. Jackboots, anybody ?

Hello again Bulldog - caught up with Petersen yet? - I used to enjoy those Sapper yarns' removed from the public libraries as encouraging Fascism, similarly budding junior Fascists can't get hold of Biggles and baby Fascists have had the G word expurgated from Noddy.
But enough of this non PC mumblings. Yes I do mean class. The BBC was sent up in the 1920s on the class lines I outlined and no one has challenged this set up. Which to me seems to imply that this class division between those who know what is good for us and the great unwashed is stll alive and kicking!

Trigg
02-18-2014, 01:25 PM
we got another 6 inches last night, damn white stuff!! It's in the 40's today though so my 16yr old and I went out and cleared the cement so the sun could do it's job and hopefully melt some of the ice. Lately it hasn't been safe to walk up to my front door.

My sister flew in from Finland yesterday and got delayed in Chicago :( she was lucky enough to get a flight out today.....late, but at least she's getting out.

Trigg
02-18-2014, 01:49 PM
There is a dart war going on in my living room.....the snow needs to go away

Kathianne
02-18-2014, 05:34 PM
we got another 6 inches last night, damn white stuff!! It's in the 40's today though so my 16yr old and I went out and cleared the cement so the sun could do it's job and hopefully melt some of the ice. Lately it hasn't been safe to walk up to my front door.

My sister flew in from Finland yesterday and got delayed in Chicago :( she was lucky enough to get a flight out today.....late, but at least she's getting out.

We share weather. Got about 8" here yesterday, a good bit is gone today thanks to temp going up to 46. There's going to be some serious flooding around here, we've still got probably 18" on the ground, with the areas where the plows dump around 6-8' high.

Gaffer
02-19-2014, 09:47 AM
Breakout the sand bags, we're approaching flood season.

Jeff
02-19-2014, 10:20 AM
Yesterday I was out riding in our 70 degree temps and then last night at 9:30 it was still 61 degree's, and then I awake this morning to 62 and sunny at 7 am but although the temps are great ( 74 for the high today ) it is cloudy now, man I hope the clouds break up!!

aboutime
02-19-2014, 05:56 PM
Breakout the sand bags, we're approaching flood season.

All of those people in the North, and Mid-West also have to remember how THE GREAT LAKES, now partially frozen. Will eventually begin to melt, and swell all of the rivers, streams, and inland sources of drinking water.

For all of us who are enjoying the warmer weather. We must now begin to be on the lookout for Tornado season to begin earlier. SPRING brings more as well.