PDA

View Full Version : Courant demands on gun enforcement present dilemma for state

jimnyc
02-15-2014, 07:49 PM
Decrying estimates that “scores of thousands of Connecticut residents failed to register their military-style assault weapons with state police by Dec. 31,” The Hartford Courant published an editorial Friday declaring “State Can't Let Gun Scofflaws Off Hook.

Aware that “willful noncompliance ... is doubtless a major issue,” The Courant floated the wishful thinking “that many gun owners are unaware of their obligation to register military-style assault weapons and would do so if given another chance.

“But the bottom line is that the state must try to enforce the law,” The Courant concluded, calling on the state to use the “background check database” to identify who has not obeyed, and to go and get them.

If ever there was proof that citizen disarmament demanders are lying when they scoff at legitimate fears that background checks providing a registration capability, this is it. And if ever there was further corroboration that they intend using that registration to enable confiscation, The Courant just removed all doubt.

“If you want to disobey the law, you should be prepared to face the consequences,” they pronounce.

Perhaps The Courant's editors and those they’re egging on would do well to also consider consequences those who want to enforce the law should be prepared to face, as Mike Vanderboegh explained in an open letter to the Connecticut State Police posted this morning on the Sipsey Street Irregulars blog.

http://www.examiner.com/article/courant-demands-on-gun-enforcement-present-dilemma-for-state

aboutime
02-15-2014, 09:13 PM
http://www.examiner.com/article/courant-demands-on-gun-enforcement-present-dilemma-for-state

Jimnyc. Imagine how CN's population INSIDE prison's might soon Outnumber the number of citizens outside of prisons?

Let the paper make all the demands they want. In fact. They should also insist OBAMA and HOLDER obey the laws, and constitution FIRST.

They set the standards of LAW ENFORCEMENT. Let's see how much the Courant respects, and obeys the laws.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
02-15-2014, 09:56 PM
http://www.examiner.com/article/courant-demands-on-gun-enforcement-present-dilemma-for-state Only fools, dumbasses and assorted jackasses ever believed registration wasn't a means to aid in future confiscation! Those now not registering their guns there know it!! I have had guns bought in stores that were all properly registered .. I sold every damn one of them long ago. Over the years I've bought plenty of guns and sad to say I've sold all of them except a broken 22 caliber pistol and a bolt action 410 ga shotgun that fails to eject the spent shell. . So if forced I will register those two. As to my ever registering anything else they can kiss my ass. Its Unconstitutional and EVEN STATES HAVE NO RIGHT TO ATTEMPT TO FORCE IT ON ANYONE IMHO... -TYR

jimnyc
02-16-2014, 07:47 AM
And how long before various databases are abused and used unlawfully? I used to wonder when I would hear some say they prefer gun shows or individual to individual sales, and now I sorta can't blame them.

Drummond
02-16-2014, 09:53 AM
I knew I liked the Courant. I read it when I visited Hartford, admittedly many years ago. And I like what I read of it now.

Just found this ...

http://www.courant.com/news/opinion/hc-op-aron-gun-laws-drove-me-out-of-connecticut-02-20140214,0,860648.story

We are gun owners. We had been members of Connecticut Citizen's Defense League and many other Second Amendment and liberty organizations. There was no way we were going to submit to registration of anything that we owned, nor were we going to be restricted in defending ourselves by limiting the number of bullets in our magazines as a result of the state's new gun laws.

Our guns did not kill those children in Sandy Hook, and yet Connecticut wanted to punish us for it. We are cheering for those who have decided not to register and we respect others who decided not to risk becoming instant felons. Our choice was simply to leave.

Nothing in the new gun laws would have prevented Adam Lanza from murdering. Being students of history and both descendants of Holocaust survivors, my husband and I are aware of the gun control, citizen disarmament agenda. We decided we would have no part of registration and the subsequent confiscation that Gov. Dannel P. Malloy and his cohorts thirst for. We understand fully that gun control isn't about guns, it's about control.

We decided not to put our ability to defend ourselves in jeopardy, especially after the Cheshire home invasion. In speaking to legislators such as Sen. Beth Bye, D-West Hartford, and Sen. Martin Looney, D-New Haven, we understood full well that they were not finished and that more anti-Second Amendment legislation was forthcoming. It's just a matter of time before they place high taxes on ammunition and heap other crazy requirements on gun owners in Connecticut with the sole purpose of making it impossible to own or use a firearm.

It was time to leave Connecticut. It's a state riddled with political corruption, which has ripped Second Amendment rights from citizens while taxing them to death and redistributing wealth to illegal immigrants and nanny state freeloaders.

We are not alone in our decision to leave Connecticut .....

Worst case scenario, folks ... end up like my homeland, see freedoms to own firearms crushed and for that to become accepted culture - leading to a total reliance on the State for your ability to defend yourself. Regardless of what your Constitution says, there are those working to circumvent its applicability .. and with enough latitude given to them, might they fully succeed one day ?

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
02-16-2014, 10:11 AM
I knew I liked the Courant. I read it when I visited Hartford, admittedly many years ago. And I like what I read of it now.

Just found this ...

http://www.courant.com/news/opinion/hc-op-aron-gun-laws-drove-me-out-of-connecticut-02-20140214,0,860648.story

Worst case scenario, folks ... end up like my homeland, see freedoms to own firearms crushed and for that to become accepted culture - leading to a total reliance on the State for your ability to defend yourself. Regardless of what your Constitution says, there are those working to circumvent its applicability .. and with enough latitude given to them, might they fully succeed one day ?
Bravo, great find . :beer: The question is how long before there are no states to flee to? And yes our government has no plans to ever stop until they confiscate our guns. They know that will force a civil war yet continue! So consider what they plan to do to those tat choose to fight and know its in the future of those that refuse to fight too! Its about control= total control and that has a one word term to describe it--SLAVERY Our founders fought that and won. Should we all just lay down as cowards and become slaves!?? ff-that I rather die fighting myself. And haven't an ounce of fear about it should they continue on to force the showdown. -Tyr

Drummond
02-16-2014, 10:29 AM
Bravo, great find . :beer: The question is how long before there are no states to flee to? And yes our government has no plans to ever stop until they confiscate our guns. They know that will force a civil war yet continue! So consider what they plan to do to those tat choose to fight and know its in the future of those that refuse to fight too! Its about control= total control and that has a one word term to describe it--SLAVERY Our founders fought that and won. Should we all just lay down as cowards and become slaves!?? ff-that I rather die fighting myself. And haven't an ounce of fear about it should they continue on to force the showdown. -Tyr:beer:

Still can't give you a 'reputation' comment, more's the pity !

tailfins
02-16-2014, 10:38 AM

Just found this ...

That's just the opinion of one of their contributors. Here's the opinion submitted as "Editorial, The Hartford Courant"

State Can't Let Gun Scofflaws Off Hook

http://www.courant.com/news/opinion/editorials/hc-ed-gun-registration-20140214,0,4908372.story

Drummond
02-16-2014, 10:55 AM
That's just the opinion of one of their contributors.

Opinions from contributors don't count for anything, then ?

And are you seriously trying to suggest that only ONE citizen, there, holds such an opinion ?

tailfins
02-16-2014, 10:59 AM
Opinions from contributors don't count for anything, then ?

And are you seriously trying to suggest that only ONE citizen, there, holds such an opinion ?

It's just a fig leaf to respond to the Courant's firmly established left-wing bias. The same "balance" expects people to believe that endorsing Lowell Weicker make them "bipartisan".

Drummond
02-16-2014, 12:51 PM
It's just a fig leaf to respond to the Courant's firmly established left-wing bias. The same "balance" expects people to believe that endorsing Lowell Weicker make them "bipartisan".

Really ?

Well, regardless, at least this debate is an active one in that part of the world. Not a bad thing.