PDA

View Full Version : What is the **legitimate** use for Executive Orders?

Little-Acorn
02-17-2014, 01:55 PM
There is nothing intrinsically unconstitutional about an Executive Order. But if an EO is used for the wrong thing, then it CAN be unconstitutional.... as many of Obama's are.

Executive Orders are what a President is supposed to use to carry out something passed by Congress (and signed into law by the Prez, of course).

Classic example is, Congress passes something saying that a group of Federal buildings on a corner in DC will be painted brown. Obama signs it into law. Obama then issues an Exec Order to solicit three companies for bids on the painting work, issues another order to check the bidding companies' qualifications etc. Obama is issuing Exec Orders pursuant to something Congress passed into law.

If he's issuing Exec Orders to delay implementation of part of Obamacare for a year, that's the equivalent of issuing an EO to paint the buildings red instead of brown. It does NOT carry out what Congress passed. In fact, it's the act of a dictator with no Congressional oversight or adherence to procedures required by the Constitution, at all.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
02-19-2014, 09:24 AM
There is nothing intrinsically unconstitutional about an Executive Order. But if an EO is used for the wrong thing, then it CAN be unconstitutional.... as many of Obama's are.

Executive Orders are what a President is supposed to use to carry out something passed by Congress (and signed into law by the Prez, of course).

Classic example is, Congress passes something saying that a group of Federal buildings on a corner in DC will be painted brown. Obama signs it into law. Obama then issues an Exec Order to solicit three companies for bids on the painting work, issues another order to check the bidding companies' qualifications etc. Obama is issuing Exec Orders pursuant to something Congress passed into law.

If he's issuing Exec Orders to delay implementation of part of Obamacare for a year, that's the equivalent of issuing an EO to paint the buildings red instead of brown. It does NOT carry out what Congress passed. In fact, it's the act of a dictator with no Congressional oversight or adherence to procedures required by the Constitution, at all. We see violations of the Constitution by Obama and nobody does anything ABOUT IT! As long as the kid next door is allowed to steal whatever he chooses of your private property not nailed down he will do so. And if allowed long enough he then begin coming into your house to take things. bamscum long ago hit the house stage and is going past it. He knows he is dictator right now. He ha turned Executive Orders into Royal decrees that openly usurp Congress's Constitutional authority. To do so in the manner he does is actually treason. For it is him saying to Congress that , I the President deny your rightful Constitutional authority and take it for myself. That's pure treason. If he is not impeached and punished we will have a full blown dictatorship soon. I believe before he leaves office, if he ever leaves office. If he finds or deliberately creates a cause to declare Martial Law only he can remove /cease that declaration. I suspect that he may just end up doing that. I have no time for people too damn gullible to admit these possibilities and the actual transgressions he has already made! I have no time for those that deny reality regardless of why they choose to do so.. The guy is a damn traitor!!!! If he is not then such a thing can not ever exist.. Tyr