PDA

View Full Version : 'Ethnic cleansing' fears in Central African Republic

jafar00
02-17-2014, 06:47 PM
Christian terrorists are actively involved in the brutal ethnic cleansing of Muslims from CAR. This has yet to feature in mainstream news. I wonder why?

Dakar, Senegal: The exodus of tens of thousands of Muslims from Central African Republic amounts to "ethnic cleansing," a top UN official and Amnesty International said on Wednesday. The rights group warned that the sectarian bloodshed now underway despite the presence of thousands of peacekeepers is a "tragedy of historic proportions."
In a visit to the lawless capital of Bangui, the UN High Commissioner for Refugees Antonio Guterres said "ethnic-religious cleansing" threatened to tear apart the country, and he called for the international community to help the nation's nascent interim government restore order.
His trip comes a day after the UN chief used his strongest language yet to describe the unfolding humanitarian crisis.
"We cannot just continue to say `never again.' This, we have said so many times," United Nations Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon said late on Tuesday. "We must act concertedly and now to avoid continued atrocities on a massive scale."
<small style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-weight: inherit; font-style: inherit; font-size: 12px; font-family: inherit; vertical-align: baseline;">Advertisement</small>
More than 1000 Christians and Muslims have been killed since sectarian fighting erupted in early December and nearly 1 million in this country of 4.6 million have fled their homes.
The country's Muslim minority, about 15 percent of the population, has come under growing attack from not only Christian militiamen but also from mobs of civilians who have carried out public killings on a nearly daily basis in recent weeks. In most cases, the bodies of Muslim victims were mutilated and sometimes dragged through the streets or set on fire.
For months, UN and French officials have warned that a genocide could be looming in Central African Republic, and Amnesty's use of the term "ethnic cleansing" is among the strongest language invoked yet to describe the inter-communal violence now wracking the country.
Amnesty International said that while it is a big step to use the term, it is justified "given the level of violent and purposeful forced displacement we've been seeing," said Joanne Mariner, senior crisis adviser for the organisation in Bangui, the capital of Central African Republic.
"The exodus of Muslims from the Central African Republic is a tragedy of historic proportions. Not only does the current pattern of ethnic cleansing do tremendous damage to the Central African Republic itself, it sets a terrible precedent for other countries in the region, many of which are already struggling with their own sectarian and inter-ethnic conflicts," the report said.
The wave of violence against Muslim civilians is being committed by Christian militiamen known as the anti-Balaka, or anti-machete, who stepped up their attacks as a Muslim rebel government crumbled in January. Rights groups at the time warned that the Muslim minority would be especially vulnerable to retaliatory attacks as many Christians blamed them for supporting the brutal Muslim regime of the Seleka rebels who seized power in March 2013.
Some of the attacks have taken place in front of peacekeepers who were unable to halt the bloodshed. In one highly publicised case, Burundian peacekeepers withdrew from the scene as a frenetic mob of soldiers from the national army stomped and stabbed a suspected Muslim rebel to death.
In recent days, thousands of Muslims have climbed aboard trucks destined for neighbouring Chad, a predominantly Muslim country whose soldiers have provided armed protection to the refugee convoys.
Muslim victims have been buried within 24 hours, and with violence sending survivors fleeing for their lives it has been nearly impossible to determine how many have died nationwide since sectarian bloodshed erupted in early December when the Muslim Seleka government began weakening. Amnesty said it alone had been able to document the deaths of more than 200 Muslims.
Some of those killed lost their lives even as they tried in vain to reach safety in the neighbouring countries of Chad or Cameroon. At least 20 Muslims were killed last month as group tried to flee the town of Bouar.
"The mass killing of civilians, destructions of homes, businesses and mosques and other means used by the anti-Balaka to `ethnically cleanse' the Central African Republic of its Muslim population constitute crimes against humanity and war crimes," Amnesty said.
Their concerns were echoed on Wednesday by Human Rights Watch, which also has been documenting the violence and has helped get Muslims to safety in many circumstances. The group said that the major gold trading center of Yaloke had previously been home to 30,000 Muslims and had eight mosques before fighting erupted. As of early February, just one mosque remained and less than 500 Muslims were still in town - under the protection of French peacekeepers.
"Whether the anti-Balaka leaders are pursuing a deliberate policy of ethnic cleansing or exacting abusive collective punishment against the Muslim population, the end result is clear: the disappearance of longstanding Muslim communities," said Peter Bouckaert, emergencies director at Human Rights Watch.
Former coloniser France has sent 1600 troops to help stabilise the country, and there are nearly 6000 peacekeepers from African countries on the ground now. On Wednesday, French Defence Minister Jean-Yves Le Drian pledged on a visit to Central African Republic to continue disarming both Muslim and Christian fighters.
"No one accepts or will accept a partition" of the country into a Muslim north and Christian south, he said.
Mr Ban, the UN chief, announced on Tuesday that he is sending Assistant Secretary-General for Peacekeeping Edmond Mulet to the country to consult with the African Union about possibly transforming the African force there into a UN peacekeeping force. He also has asked France to consider deploying additional troops.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/world/ethnic-cleansing-fears-in-central-african-republic-20140213-hvc55.html#ixzz2tcsvFneN

fj1200
02-17-2014, 10:33 PM
globalists

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
02-18-2014, 11:13 AM
Christian terrorists are actively involved in the brutal ethnic cleansing of Muslims from CAR. This has yet to feature in mainstream news. I wonder why?

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/world/ethnic-cleansing-fears-in-central-african-republic-20140213-hvc55.html#ixzz2tcsvFneN As you use dumbass PC AND dumbass UN PROPAGANDA . TAKES TWO TO TANGO . And I lay you odds I can find out that the muslims started the violence and for once got more than they bargained for! How do I know this without having researched it yet? I read the article you post . In it it gave the magic number. What magic number you may ask? The information that the muslims there made up 15% of the population and as I've stated many times here that's the number /percentage of the population in which they vastly escalate their violence forcing to establish pure muslim strongholds. Their problem is these people united to fight back.

More than 1000 Christians and Muslims have been killed since sectarian fighting erupted in early December and nearly 1 million in this country of 4.6 million have fled their homes.
The country's Muslim minority, about 15 percent of the population, has come under growing attack from not only Christian militiamen but also from mobs of civilians who have carried out public killings on a nearly daily basis in recent weeks. In most cases, the bodies of Muslim victims were mutilated and sometimes dragged through the streets or set on fire. See that magic number, I can if you insist go to posts well over a year ago where I quoted that number several times and what it portends in regards to muslims and their agenda of violence. Simply amazing how that number popped up here isn't it? Or do you think I authored the article that you yourself posted. ? :laugh:-Tyr

jafar00
02-18-2014, 07:07 PM
As you use dumbass PC AND dumbass UN PROPAGANDA . TAKES TWO TO TANGO . And I lay you odds I can find out that the muslims started the violence and for once got more than they bargained for! How do I know this without having researched it yet? I read the article you post . In it it gave the magic number. What magic number you may ask? The information that the muslims there made up 15% of the population and as I've stated many times here that's the number /percentage of the population in which they vastly escalate their violence forcing to establish pure muslim strongholds. Their problem is these people united to fight back.
See that magic number, I can if you insist go to posts well over a year ago where I quoted that number several times and what it portends in regards to muslims and their agenda of violence. Simply amazing how that number popped up here isn't it? Or do you think I authored the article that you yourself posted. ? :laugh:-Tyr

Regardless of who started it, do you feel that genocide is appropriate?

What if it was Muslims doing a mass slaughter of innocent Christians because of the acts of a few? Would you be saying the same thing as above?

The Muslims of Myanmar have also suffered similar ethnic cleansing. A single Muslim was accused of raping an Buddhist girl (without evidence to prove it) and that resulted in thousands being killed and driven out of the country.

Regardless of the reason, there is no justification for genocide or collective punishment both of which are crimes against humanity.

Voted4Reagan
02-18-2014, 07:50 PM

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/world/ethnic-cleansing-fears-in-central-african-republic-20140213-hvc55.html#ixzz2tcsvFneN

You didnt call for a halt to the Dharfour Genocide when it was happening in Sudan...Muslims murdering Christians at will.

I still have to see the origin of the conflict you mentioned...But I dont really see Christians starting the conflict.

jafar00
02-18-2014, 09:18 PM
You didnt call for a halt to the Dharfour Genocide when it was happening in Sudan...Muslims murdering Christians at will.

I still have to see the origin of the conflict you mentioned...But I dont really see Christians starting the conflict.

Christians can be bad people too you know. Christians in other countries are not the same grey haired, bingo players you think of in the west.

Voted4Reagan
02-18-2014, 10:35 PM
Christians can be bad people too you know. Christians in other countries are not the same grey haired, bingo players you think of in the west.

1000 dead in Central Africa... total on both sides.

as for Darfour...

In January 2010, The Centre for Research on the Epidemiology of Disasters (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Centre_for_Research_on_the_Epidemiology_of_Disaste rs) published an article in a special issue of The Lancet (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Lancet). The article, entitled Patterns of mortality rates in Darfur Conflict,[11] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_in_Darfur#cite_note-thelancet1-11) estimated, with 95% confidence, that the excess number of deaths is between 178,258 and 461,520 (the mean being 298,271), with 80% of these due to diseases.[169] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_in_Darfur#cite_note-169) 51 International peacekeepers have been killed in Darfur..

Murdered because they were Christian/Blacks