PDA

View Full Version : Why is my phone so slow?

glockmail
02-18-2014, 08:37 PM
I have a year-old phone, a Motorola Droid Razr M. Every once in a while, now a lot more often, it takes several seconds to respond to a touch input. I turn off all apps running and it doesn't help. Is there some kind of fix-it, like ccleaner for my PC?

Trinity
02-18-2014, 09:37 PM
I have a year-old phone, a Motorola Droid Razr M. Every once in a while, now a lot more often, it takes several seconds to respond to a touch input. I turn off all apps running and it doesn't help. Is there some kind of fix-it, like ccleaner for my PC?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cleanmaster.mguard

SassyLady
02-19-2014, 02:59 AM
Hey Trinity,
Is there something comparable for a Kindle?

fj1200
02-19-2014, 10:03 AM
Kindle runs on droid so something similar I'm sure. Check the app store. I should do the same.

Trinity
02-19-2014, 11:08 AM
Hey Trinity,
Is there something comparable for a Kindle?

I am sure there is....I don't own a kindle yet, so have limited knowledge on them. But here is some info on different apps for kindle and the clean master may be what you are wanting. :)

http://www.pcmag.com/slideshow/story/288380/the-30-best-kindle-fire-apps/5

glockmail
02-19-2014, 05:51 PM
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cleanmaster.mguard I saw that and wanted to see if it was legit. I'm trying it out now.

jimnyc
02-19-2014, 08:42 PM
I saw that and wanted to see if it was legit. I'm trying it out now.

Let me know how it seems to work for you. I'd be interested in this one, or similar, if it actually works!

Abbey Marie
02-20-2014, 12:05 AM
Here's the fix: Get an iPhone. ;)

glockmail
02-20-2014, 07:35 PM
An update. The app that Trinity suggested identifies the total RAM in use, and provides an easy way to close out other apps to reduce the total percentage used. The slow operation seems to coincide when the RAM is in use above the high 80's percent.

glockmail
02-20-2014, 07:36 PM
Here's the fix: Get an iPhone. ;)I suspect that you're not totally off target here. I discussed this issue with my son, the guru, and his response was to get a better phone. He has a Samsung Galaxy something or other that's about the size of a frying pan. :laugh:

Trinity
02-20-2014, 10:37 PM
Here's the fix: Get an iPhone. ;)

lol I have an iPhone.

roonibrice
02-21-2014, 07:25 AM
Get Greenify app that helps to hibernate some background apps that should increase your phone speed

glockmail
02-24-2014, 09:23 AM
Get Greenify app that helps to hibernate some background apps that should increase your phone speedHow is this different than Clean Master? I don't want to install competing apps.

glockmail
02-26-2014, 11:40 AM
Clean Master doesn't help all that much. When I use it to reduce RAM the phone works well, but it doesn't last more than a minute of so, then the used RAM increases back up to where it was to before I did the cleaning.

NightTrain
02-26-2014, 02:22 PM

I had the same problem on my Galaxy 2.

It turns out that my text messaging folder for my girlfriend had over 1,000 messages in it and it was eating up all my RAM. I deleted all text conversations containing over 50 and it was just as speedy as the day I got it.

There's a setting for auto-deleting old texts past a certain number so that this problem doesn't develop in the first place.

glockmail
02-27-2014, 08:33 AM
I just tried that. After restarting my RAM went from 83% to 75%. I'll see if that makes a difference in speed.

It's mostly hesitation when I start texting. Hit a character and it takes several seconds to respond to the first one or two. Weird.

jimnyc
02-27-2014, 09:31 AM
I had the same problem on my Galaxy 2.

It turns out that my text messaging folder for my girlfriend had over 1,000 messages in it and it was eating up all my RAM. I deleted all text conversations containing over 50 and it was just as speedy as the day I got it.

There's a setting for auto-deleting old texts past a certain number so that this problem doesn't develop in the first place.

I just tried that. After restarting my RAM went from 83% to 75%. I'll see if that makes a difference in speed.

It's mostly hesitation when I start texting. Hit a character and it takes several seconds to respond to the first one or two. Weird.

I read NT's post last night and got to thinking. I had not deleted a text message since I got my phone, which was at least a year ago, if not more. It took FOREVER to delete them all. But not only did I free up a lot of space, but it seems like the phone is a little more responsive, at the very least in the text messaging department.

glockmail
02-27-2014, 05:01 PM
I've had trouble with my phone re-starting itself ever since I installed Clean Master. It happens at least twice/ day I have noticed. This morning it happened during a phone call.

Sorry, but off to the shit pile with that app. :slap:

jimnyc
02-27-2014, 06:28 PM
I've had trouble with my phone re-starting itself ever since I installed Clean Master. It happens at least twice/ day I have noticed. This morning it happened during a phone call.

Sorry, but off to the shit pile with that app. :slap:

Doesn't that suck? I've had to delete like 3 great programs as a result of them doing just that. My favorite was a voice program that allowed me to dial or text much more easily than the built in crap, but the built in crap doesn't make my phone reboot!

glockmail
03-04-2014, 08:55 AM
It restarted twice yesterday. There was a map program that wanted me to download some shit, and it would not accept no as an answer. So that app is now gone.