PDA

View Full Version : Daytona Speedway Schedule

Jeff
02-20-2014, 10:13 AM
It's that time of year again, the Daytona 500 will kick off Sunday the 23rd. I have posted a link to the entire schedule ( even though speed week is almost over ) because myself I watch qualifying and then the Duels ( on today ) and of course the race ( all the other stuff I don't care for so much )

Gentleman and Danica Start your engines

​https://www.daytonainternationalspeedway.com/Tickets-Events/Events/2014/Daytona-500/Schedule.aspx

jimnyc
02-20-2014, 06:25 PM
Jimmie wins Daytona on his way to trophy #7 :)

SassyLady
02-21-2014, 01:33 AM
My DVR is set to record anything that has the word NASCAR in it!!

Did you see the shootout last week?

Who's your driver Jeff?

Jeff
02-22-2014, 09:08 AM
Jimmie wins Daytona on his way to trophy #7 :)

I would love to see it but he has had a bad week so far.

My DVR is set to record anything that has the word NASCAR in it!!
AS is mine and it is set to record 3 hours longer on every Nascar recording ( in case of rain delay :laugh: )

Did you see the shootout last week?
Yes I did but honestly it looked a bit made for TV to me, I finally watched the Duels last night, now that looked a bit more like Daytona :thumb:
Who's your driver Jeff?

I like many, all the Hendrix drivers and many others, it seems like each team has a driver I really like and some I just really like to watch them because I dislike them that much :laugh: Seriously there are only a couple I would say I didn't like, watching them grow over the years they are almost like long lost family :laugh: there personalities seem to come into play just as much as there driving abilities.

SassyLady
02-23-2014, 11:32 PM
Long, long day for Daytona but well worth it! Yay, Dale! About time!

Jeff
02-24-2014, 07:37 AM
Long, long day for Daytona but well worth it! Yay, Dale! About time!

Dale at one time was the Driver I hated the most, yes back when he was just a spoiled kid, but he has really grown up!! I was happy to see him get the win and even happier to see 3 Hendrix cars in the top 5 , looks like another Hendrix Championship !!!!

jimnyc
02-24-2014, 09:37 AM
Damn rain!!

I waited, and waited, and waited.... I'm an early sleeper, or at least I try. I was falling asleep while waiting. Then I click to yahoo sports and see it restarted. I gave up and went to bed, I forget who was winning. I was going to do like Jeff does, which is go back and watch it on my DVR unit. So I get up, get a coffee and am going to check my email and stuff first. I bring up my browser and splashed across the front page is "EARNHEARDT WINS DAYTONA 500"

Oh well, I like him and am glad to see him finally get a win, and I hope he builds on it as the season progresses. Jimmie came in 5th which is cool and Gordon in 4th. Just wish I could have enjoyed the opener more.

Jeff
02-25-2014, 07:17 AM
Damn rain!!

I waited, and waited, and waited.... I'm an early sleeper, or at least I try. I was falling asleep while waiting. Then I click to yahoo sports and see it restarted. I gave up and went to bed, I forget who was winning. I was going to do like Jeff does, which is go back and watch it on my DVR unit. So I get up, get a coffee and am going to check my email and stuff first. I bring up my browser and splashed across the front page is "EARNHEARDT WINS DAYTONA 500"

Oh well, I like him and am glad to see him finally get a win, and I hope he builds on it as the season progresses. Jimmie came in 5th which is cool and Gordon in 4th. Just wish I could have enjoyed the opener more.

You have to learn to hang with the grown folks brother :laugh:

Abbey Marie
02-25-2014, 11:53 AM
My husband and I saw Dennis Miller perform a few weeks ago. (Very funny, btw). The show happened to be in the hotel attached to the Dover Downs International Speedway ("The Monster Mile"), and we stayed overnight. In fact, our window looked out onto the Speedway with a great view. We could have waved to people in the stands if there was a race.

I have never been to a NASCAR event, don't ever watch it on TV, and have no idea how Dover Downs ranks for a place to see one. But seeing that view made me want to go once to experience it. :cool:

Jeff
02-27-2014, 08:35 AM
My husband and I saw Dennis Miller perform a few weeks ago. (Very funny, btw). The show happened to be in the hotel attached to the Dover Downs International Speedway ("The Monster Mile"), and we stayed overnight. In fact, our window looked out onto the Speedway with a great view. We could have waved to people in the stands if there was a race.

I have never been to a NASCAR event, don't ever watch it on TV, and have no idea how Dover Downs ranks for a place to see one. But seeing that view made me want to go once to experience it. :cool:

The Monster Mile is a great track, they race on Concrete there and it is very hard to pass, and usually if you get loose it is a crash, it is very hard to save a car there once it gets loose ( the concrete is very slippery)

Abbey I never watched it either and then one season I caught a couple of races and decided to go to a race, that was back in 05, I remember this because the weekend before the race I had a heart attack. When the Doc released me from the hospital ( after a couple days in ICU and a stent put in place ) he told me I could go but don't get to excited :laugh: after 15 minutes at the track I realized the stent worked, the excitement at a race is outrageous, just all the going ons before the race is wild, helicopters and private jets never stop all weekend and the celebrities that are at the races are unreal let alone all the products they try and push by shows ( singers dancers you name it ) but once I went to that first race I was hooked. Now Sunday comes and football only goes on the TV if there is no race.

jimnyc
02-27-2014, 09:29 AM
The Monster Mile is a great track, they race on Concrete there and it is very hard to pass, and usually if you get loose it is a crash, it is very hard to save a car there once it gets loose ( the concrete is very slippery)

Abbey I never watched it either and then one season I caught a couple of races and decided to go to a race, that was back in 05, I remember this because the weekend before the race I had a heart attack. When the Doc released me from the hospital ( after a couple days in ICU and a stent put in place ) he told me I could go but don't get to excited :laugh: after 15 minutes at the track I realized the stent worked, the excitement at a race is outrageous, just all the going ons before the race is wild, helicopters and private jets never stop all weekend and the celebrities that are at the races are unreal let alone all the products they try and push by shows ( singers dancers you name it ) but once I went to that first race I was hooked. Now Sunday comes and football only goes on the TV if there is no race.

The best part of Monster Mile? The trophy you get if you win!!

http://i.imgur.com/jxCTnRE.jpg

Abbey Marie
02-27-2014, 12:05 PM
Is that really the trophy? It's very cool either way!

jimnyc
02-27-2014, 12:06 PM
Is that really the trophy? It's very cool either way!

Yep, sure is!! And I believe 'ol Jimmie there has a stack of those!

Abbey Marie
02-27-2014, 12:14 PM
Yep, sure is!! And I believe 'ol Jimmie there has a stack of those!

Well, that is just the best trophy ever!

jimnyc
02-27-2014, 12:22 PM
Well, that is just the best trophy ever!

And I forget which race (Jeff will know) there is one that gives out the most beautiful (and quite expensive) grandfather clock.

(just looked, it's Martinsville)

http://i.imgur.com/GH3ttcN.jpg

Abbey Marie
02-27-2014, 02:46 PM
One problem though- I understand the clock always runs too fast. ;)

SassyLady
02-28-2014, 01:43 AM

Abbey,
I grew up going to the races every weekend....circle track, drag races, boat races, sprint car races .... first husband was friends with Rick and Roger Mears (off road and Indy car champs). First husband and I owned a sprint car .... how can I say this .... I love to go fast!!!

Jeff
02-28-2014, 07:38 AM
And I forget which race (Jeff will know) there is one that gives out the most beautiful (and quite expensive) grandfather clock.

(just looked, it's Martinsville)

http://i.imgur.com/GH3ttcN.jpg

I want one of these bad, it wouldn't hurt Jimmy to give me one he has 8 but that isn't the most, Richard Petty has 15 and Darrell Waltrip has 11, all I want is one!!

jimnyc
02-28-2014, 07:43 AM
I want one of these bad, it wouldn't hurt Jimmy to give me one he has 8 but that isn't the most, Richard Petty has 15 and Darrell Waltrip has 11, all I want is one!!

Damn, 34 between the 3 of them? Yeah, I went and looked them up after a race as I wanted one. If I recall correctly, they were like 12 grand?

Remember the big clock down at Grandma's house? When you would walk in the front door, it was over on the right side, against the far wall, past the cuckoo clock. It had the large bars hanging that you could pull on to "wind" it I guess. I always thought there was a grandfather clock there, but Dad says no (I guess he would know better than me!)

Jeff
02-28-2014, 08:13 AM
Damn, 34 between the 3 of them? Yeah, I went and looked them up after a race as I wanted one. If I recall correctly, they were like 12 grand?

I looked it up and it said the clock is valued at 11 grand, times that by 7 ( the others he has ) and that is a lot of money just in trophy's

Remember the big clock down at Grandma's house? When you would walk in the front door, it was over on the right side, against the far wall, past the cuckoo clock. It had the large bars hanging that you could pull on to "wind" it I guess. I always thought there was a grandfather clock there, but Dad says no (I guess he would know better than me!)

I remember it well and no it was called some other type of clock, but I loved it and wanted it bad ( not real sure what happened to it )

Abbey Marie
02-28-2014, 08:42 AM
What is it with men and Grandfather clocks? My FIL had one, and it was the first thing one of the sons wanted of his.

jimnyc
02-28-2014, 08:46 AM
What is it with men and Grandfather clocks? My FIL had one, and it was the first thing one of the sons wanted of his.

I think they're beautiful. A living room can be made to look awesome just from the clock alone. And the sound, a good one can sound like the inside of a Church when the piano is playing!