PDA

View Full Version : Plan to cut PRCalifornia into six states

Little-Acorn
02-20-2014, 02:07 PM
Probably won't go anywhere. The liberals in LA and San Fran will never let the more productive parts of the state leave them.

But it's a nice thought.

Be a shame to hack up the formerly great state into pieces. But when a body is fatally infected with parasites, all you can do is cut out the most rotted parts (the two most coastal areas shown below), to let the rest live as best it can.

-----------------------------------------------

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2014/02/19/plan-to-split-california-into-six-states-gets-ok-to-gather-signatures/

Plan To Split California Into Six States Gets OK To Gather Signatures

February 19, 2014 10:23 AM

SACRAMENTO (CBS SF) – Supporters of a plan to divide California into six sates can begin collecting signatures to get the proposal on the ballot.

Secretary of State Debra Bowen announced that the proposed ballot initiative – known as Six Californias – could move forward Tuesday.

Under the plan, from venture capitalist Tim Draper, most of the Bay Area would be considered “Silicon Valley.” Napa, Sonoma and Marin Counties would become part of “North California.”

Valid voter signatures are needed from 800,000 to put the measure on the ballot statewide.

http://cbssanfran.files.wordpress.com/2014/02/six-californias.jpg?w=620&h=349&crop=1

fj1200
02-20-2014, 02:43 PM
Probably won't go anywhere. The liberals in LA and San Fran will never let the more productive parts of the state leave them.

But it's a nice thought.

Be a shame to hack up the formerly great state into pieces. But when a body is fatally infected with parasites, all you can do is cut out the most rotted parts (the two most coastal areas shown below), to let the rest live as best it can.

New States may be admitted by the Congress into this Union; but no new States shall be formed or erected within the Jurisdiction of any other State; nor any State be formed by the Junction of two or more States, or parts of States, without the Consent of the Legislatures of the States concerned as well as of the Congress.

Define productive. I would imagine that most of the tax revenues come from those two parts. And I can't tell, are San Diego and LA in one of those states? I can't imagine that they would want to be together.

Overall I'm guessing that the liberals in LA and SF don't want to dilute their democratness with other parts that might accidentally vote Republican. :eek:

aboutime
02-20-2014, 03:11 PM
NOW is the time for the Democrats to INSIST...all Illegal's in CA should vote YES.

This should also include the transfer of large portions of CA...back to MEXICO.

Let THEM have CA back, and cut WASHINGTON DC out of the picture.

That alone would save the REST OF AMERICA...Billions.