PDA

View Full Version : "Smart" pistol hits shelves in PRCalifornia

Little-Acorn
02-21-2014, 03:33 PM
Now, when you wake up to find an intruder in your room, you can grab your gun, aim it at him... and nothing will happen, because you took off your watch and put it on the nightstand, as you do every night before going to sleep.

I can hardly wait to get one. I'll feel so much safer than with the old Beretta.

-----------------------------------

http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2014/02/20/first-smart-pistol-shelves-in-california/

First ‘smart’ pistol hits shelves in California

By Brendan McGarry /
Published February 20, 2014 /
Military.com

The first so-called “smart gun” has hit the shelves at U.S. retail outlets, including one of the biggest firearms stores in California, according to the Washington Post. The Smart System iP1, a .22-caliber pistol made by the German gun-maker Armatix GmbH, can only function with an accompanying wristwatch, which is sold separately.

When the RFID-equipped watch is activated by a PIN number and placed near the gun — like when a shooter grips the handle — it sends a signal to unlock the gun and a light on the back of the weapon turns green, according to the report. Otherwise, the firearm stays locked and the light on the back remains red, it stated.

Jeff
02-22-2014, 08:58 AM
Now, when you wake up to find an intruder in your room, you can grab your gun, aim it at him... and nothing will happen, because you took off your watch and put it on the nightstand, as you do every night before going to sleep.

I can hardly wait to get one. I'll feel so much safer than with the old Beretta.

-----------------------------------

http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2014/02/20/first-smart-pistol-shelves-in-california/

First ‘smart’ pistol hits shelves in California

By Brendan McGarry /
Published February 20, 2014 /
Military.com

The first so-called “smart gun” has hit the shelves at U.S. retail outlets, including one of the biggest firearms stores in California, according to the Washington Post. The Smart System iP1, a .22-caliber pistol made by the German gun-maker Armatix GmbH, can only function with an accompanying wristwatch, which is sold separately.

When the RFID-equipped watch is activated by a PIN number and placed near the gun — like when a shooter grips the handle — it sends a signal to unlock the gun and a light on the back of the weapon turns green, according to the report. Otherwise, the firearm stays locked and the light on the back remains red, it stated.

I think I will stay with the old fashion ways.

I see this same type of technology with different gun safes and boxes, but they are usually activated by a finger print, I like the safety factor with the safes but having to put a watch on before defending yourself seems like a serious waste of time.

jlgray88
02-22-2014, 09:19 AM
:bang3: That is the dumbest thing I've seen. If your not responsible enough to own a REAL gun then you don't need this either

Trigg
02-22-2014, 10:57 AM
The chances of finding .22 shells to load this gun with is virtually impossible these days anyway might as well add the hassle of having to wear the wristwatch. :lame2:

hjmick
02-22-2014, 07:42 PM
The Smart System iP1, a .22-caliber pistol made by the German gun-maker Armatix GmbH, can only function with an accompanying wristwatch, which is sold separately.

:lmao: