PDA

View Full Version : The Olympics are over

jimnyc
02-23-2014, 01:40 PM
I enjoyed a decent amount of it, but almost all replays, or watching via the internet. I enjoyed all of the skiing/snowboarding events, and I like the hockey of course, as well as the speedskating events. Hell, I even got into the figure skating a bit, including all of the dram that comes along with it!

It looks like the USA as a nation finished in 4th place, based on gold medals. Russia got 13, 11 for Norway, 10 for Canada and the USA finished with 9. Overall medals the USA finished with 28 and Russia won that way with 33 total medals. While patriotic and of course rooting to see USA medal in every sport, I always enjoy the games no matter who wins.

Voted4Reagan
02-23-2014, 03:06 PM
Bobsled... Team USA ...4 Medals (1 Silver, 3 Bronze) Steve Holcomb Medals in 2-man for first time since 1952 and gets a Bronze for first Back to back podiums in 80 years!! The Night-Train was rolling!

We really need to improve in the Speed Skating... We have fallen so far since Dan Jansen ruled the track in Sarejevo.

Mens Alpine and Nordic teams need to get stronger.. DeMong, Ligety and Bode Miller are finished. I would love to see the 10th Mountain Division help train our Biathlon Teams.

A good games all around... But a lot of room for improvement.

jimnyc
02-23-2014, 03:40 PM
Bobsled... Team USA ...4 Medals (1 Silver, 3 Bronze) Steve Holcomb Medals in 2-man for first time since 1952 and gets a Bronze for first Back to back podiums in 80 years!! The Night-Train was rolling!

We really need to improve in the Speed Skating... We have fallen so far since Dan Jansen ruled the track in Sarejevo.

Mens Alpine and Nordic teams need to get stronger.. DeMong, Ligety and Bode Miller are finished. I would love to see the 10th Mountain Division help train our Biathlon Teams.

A good games all around... But a lot of room for improvement.

And don't forget Apollo Ohno!! He owned the short track after Dan Jansen. And Shani Davis won many medals. And then they went to Russia, sucked up the place, and then blamed the uniforms. Back to the drawing board for them!

Miller is done, but went out with a medal and I thought held himself high and did us proud. Ligety brought us a gold. As for biathlon events, do we EVER figure into them? I'm sure we have at one point, but seems like the Netherlands and Norway run away with those events (and the Netherlands also stole the aforementioned speed skating!).

And now off to South Korea. And then I think perhaps Oslo? We're not even a blip on the radar at this point, not for summer or winter. I think I read the closest possible is like 2026, but that at this time there really isn't even an interest in running to be a host. They say Los Angeles is a chance as the parts are in place, but it's been too recent. Same with Salt Lake City. And Obama the bum ruined any chance for Chicago.

Hell, Russia spent $52 billion dollars!

aboutime
02-23-2014, 03:42 PM
This thread would sound more fitting if it had been named "THE PUTIN GAMES are Over".

jafar00
02-23-2014, 07:04 PM
Looks like all that snow you've been having paid off in training. Congrats on your medal count.

Meanwhile our guys have to get back to practising their bobsled skills down the road on 40C days a bit more to be ready for next time ;)

jlgray88
02-23-2014, 08:28 PM
Don't know about anyone else but I really liked the curling

Abbey Marie
02-23-2014, 11:00 PM
Sorry, but I have virtually ignored the Olympics, and am just glad that regular programming is back.

Jeff
02-24-2014, 07:42 AM
The Olympics where cool while they lasted but I won't miss them :cool: Until that is I can't sleep again