PDA

View Full Version : Dozens of students killed in Nigerian school

jimnyc
02-25-2014, 09:32 AM
Wow, it's bad enough when people shoot up a school and then kill themselves. But to light them on fire, slit their throats if they try and climb out a window and escape?

DAMATURU, Nigeria (AP) — Suspected Islamic militants killed dozens of students in a pre-dawn attack Tuesday on a northeast Nigerian college, survivors said, setting ablaze a locked hostel and shooting and slitting the throats of those who escaped through windows. Some were burned alive.

Adamu Garba said he and other teachers who ran away through the bush estimate 40 students died in the assault that began around 2 a.m. Tuesday at the Federal Government College at Buni Yadi. It is a co-ed school about 70 kilometers (45 miles) south of Damaturu, the capital of Yobe state, and difficult to communicate with because extremists last year destroyed the cell phone tower there.

Soldiers still are gathering corpses so he could not give an exact number of dead, said military spokesman Capt. Eli Lazarus.

Garba, who teaches at a secondary school attached to the college, said the attackers first set ablaze the college administrative block, then moved to the hostels, where they locked students in and started firebombing the buildings.

At one hostel, he said, "students were trying to climb out of the windows and they were slaughtered like sheep by the terrorists who slit their throats. Others who ran were gunned down." He said students who could not escape were burned alive.

He spoke to The Associated Press in Damaturu, where he and several other teachers had made their way.

Tuesday's attack brings the toll from attacks blamed on Boko Haram to more than 300 civilians killed this month alone.

http://news.yahoo.com/dozens-students-killed-nigerian-school-115503207.html

jafar00
02-25-2014, 06:39 PM
I hate how they describe these monsters as Islamic when they are far from it. Why would they do such a thing? How in hell were these students a threat to big bad boko haram?

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
02-25-2014, 07:41 PM
I hate how they describe these monsters as Islamic when they are far from it. Why would they do such a thing? How in hell were these students a threat to big bad boko haram?
Yes Jafar, always you say not true Muslims.. Yet it was created by this Muslim.-Tyr

http://www.cfr.org/nigeria/boko-haram/p25739 Boko Haram, a Sunni Islamist sect, has targeted Nigeria's police, rival clerics, politicians, and public institutions with increasing violence since 2009. Some experts view the group as an armed revolt against government corruption, abusive security forces, and widening regional economic disparity in an already impoverished country. They argue that Abuja should do more to address the strife between the disaffected Muslim north and the Christian south.

But Boko Haram's increasingly violent campaign, including a suicide attack on a UN building in Abuja in 2011 and the murder of dozens of students in their sleep in 2013, as well as its ties to regional terror groups, led the U.S. Department of State to designate it a "Foreign Terrorist Organization" (FTO). The designation, which included the splinter group Ansaru, may spark a stronger international response that makes it harder for Boko Haram to address the north's alienation.

The Road to Radicalization

Mohammad Yusuf, a radical Islamist cleric, created Boko Haram in 2002 in Maiduguri, the capital of the northeastern state of Borno. The group aims to establish a fully Islamic state in Nigeria, including the implementation of criminal sharia courts across the country. Paul Lubeck, a University of California professor studying Muslim societies in Africa, says Yusuf was a trained salafist (a school of thought often associated with jihad), and was strongly influenced by Ibn Taymiyyah, a fourteenth-century legal scholar who preached Islamic fundamentalism and is considered a "major theorist" for radical groups in the Middle East.

Boko Haram colloquially translates into "Western education is sin," which experts say is a name assigned by the state. The sect calls itself Jama'atu Ahlis Sunna Lidda'awati Wal-Jihad, or "people committed to the propagation of the prophet's teachings and jihad." Some analysts say the movement is an outgrowth of the Maitatsine riots of the 1980s and the religious and ethnic tensions that followed in the late 1990s. Many Nigerians believe Yusuf rejected all things Western, but Lubeck argues that Yusuf, who embraced technology, believed Western education should be "mediated through Islamic scholarship," such as rejecting the theory of evolution and Western-style banking.

Mohammad Yusuf, a radical Islamist cleric, created Boko Haram in 2002 in Maiduguri, the capital of the northeastern state of Borno. The group aims to establish a fully Islamic state in Nigeria, including the implementation of criminal sharia courts across the country. ^^^^ Now tell us how creating a Sharia governed state is not Islam. Hell, its Islam's prime directive , create them until the entire world is muslim. --Tyr

aboutime
02-25-2014, 08:11 PM
Such terribly sad news we all are hearing about this. Yet, there are some here in America. Many in the Democrat party, and Obama's administration who IGNORE such things, and probably, in many cases...silently see such actions as getting rid of many who WOULD NEVER VOTE for them.
Sanctioned quietly by representatives related to Obama...who are members of the Muslim Brotherhood?????

jafar00
02-25-2014, 09:42 PM
Yes Jafar, always you say not true Muslims.. Yet it was created by this Muslim.-Tyr
^^^^ Now tell us how creating a Sharia governed state is not Islam. Hell, its Islam's prime directive , create them until the entire world is muslim. --Tyr

How about you tell me how firstly this is in any way an Islamic act of terror and second how killing a bunch of school students advances Boko Haram's reported goal of establishing their so called Islamic state?

They are simply animals acting like animals and they are in no way Islamic.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
02-25-2014, 11:16 PM
How about you tell me how firstly this is in any way an Islamic act of terror and second how killing a bunch of school students advances Boko Haram's reported goal of establishing their so called Islamic state?

They are simply animals acting like animals and they are in no way Islamic. How about you not insult me by pretending that I did not link to and cite this that I now present a second time. Read it and try to refute it but don't act as if I never presented it.

http://www.cfr.org/nigeria/boko-haram/p25739
Boko Haram, a Sunni Islamist sect, has targeted Nigeria's police, rival clerics, politicians, and public institutions with increasing violence since 2009. Some experts view the group as an armed revolt against government corruption, abusive security forces, and widening regional economic disparity in an already impoverished country. They argue that Abuja should do more to address the strife between the disaffected Muslim north and the Christian south.

But Boko Haram's increasingly violent campaign, including a suicide attack on a UN building in Abuja in 2011 and the murder of dozens of students in their sleep in 2013, as well as its ties to regional terror groups, led the U.S. Department of State to designate it a "Foreign Terrorist Organization" (FTO). The designation, which included the splinter group Ansaru, may spark a stronger international response that makes it harder for Boko Haram to address the north's alienation.

The Road to Radicalization

Mohammad Yusuf, a radical Islamist cleric, created Boko Haram in 2002 in Maiduguri, the capital of the northeastern state of Borno. The group aims to establish a fully Islamic state in Nigeria, including the implementation of criminal sharia courts across the country. Paul Lubeck, a University of California professor studying Muslim societies in Africa, says Yusuf was a trained salafist (a school of thought often associated with jihad), and was strongly influenced by Ibn Taymiyyah, a fourteenth-century legal scholar who preached Islamic fundamentalism and is considered a "major theorist" for radical groups in the Middle East.

Boko Haram colloquially translates into "Western education is sin," which experts say is a name assigned by the state. The sect calls itself Jama'atu Ahlis Sunna Lidda'awati Wal-Jihad, or "people committed to the propagation of the prophet's teachings and jihad." Some analysts say the movement is an outgrowth of the Maitatsine riots of the 1980s and the religious and ethnic tensions that followed in the late 1990s. Many Nigerians believe Yusuf rejected all things Western, but Lubeck argues that Yusuf, who embraced technology, believed Western education should be "mediated through Islamic scholarship," such as rejecting the theory of evolution and Western-style banking.

Mohammad Yusuf, a radical Islamist cleric, created Boko Haram in 2002 in Maiduguri, the capital of the northeastern state of Borno. The group aims to establish a fully Islamic state in Nigeria, including the implementation of criminal sharia courts across the country. Pay close attention to this section.
Boko Haram colloquially translates into "Western education is sin," which experts say is a name assigned by the state. The sect calls itself Jama'atu Ahlis Sunna Lidda'awati Wal-Jihad, or "people committed to the propagation of the prophet's teachings and jihad." ^^^^ You do this very often just cut out linked material as if it were never cited. Then ask a question that the linked material addressed. And that's why you cut out the quotes in the link. Its a dishonest way of debating. Now here comes your standard --they are not true Muslims but according to you that applies to about 85% of the billion+ Muslims in the world. If Islam is the true and perfect word of God why is the majority of those practicing not doing as you claim is the right way? I'll tell you why your way is the minority. It because your way is the sanitized way presented to deceive infidels while the way practiced in Muslim controlled nations does not ever match it because they have control already there and have no need to deceive their neighbors. They set up Sharia law and practice what the Koran and Hadiths truly say to do and that is brutal repression complete with savage and barbaric decrees straight from the crazy author of the religion. --Tyr

jafar00
02-25-2014, 11:31 PM
How about you not insult me by pretending that I did not link to and cite this that I now present a second time. Read it and try to refute it but don't act as if I never presented it.

Pay close attention to this section. ^^^^ You do this very often just cut out linked material as if it were never cited. Then ask a question that the linked material addressed. And that's why you cut out the quotes in the link. Its a dishonest way of debating. Now here comes your standard --they are not true Muslims but according to you that applies to about 85% of the billion+ Muslims in the world. If Islam is the true and perfect word of God why is the majority of those practicing not doing as you claim is the right way? I'll tell you why your way is the minority. It because your way is the sanitized way presented to deceive infidels while the way practiced in Muslim controlled nations does not ever match it because they have control already there and have no need to deceive their neighbors. They set up Sharia law and practice what the Koran and Hadiths truly say to do and that is brutal repression complete with savage and barbaric decrees straight from the crazy author of the religion. --Tyr

I see no citation in your links to prove how they are in any way Islamic.

jimnyc
02-26-2014, 09:04 AM

They are simply animals acting like animals and they are in no way Islamic.

I honestly didn't even post this with any "Muslim" intent. This made Yahoo news yesterday and I posted it as soon as I read about the kids involved. It wasn't until I had pasted it into this box and proofread that I realized who this group was.

I don't care if these people were Muslim, Catholic, Jews.... doesn't matter to me. Anyone willing to slice a child's throat, or light them on fire - animals, just like you said.

Abbey Marie
02-26-2014, 09:30 AM
I had read that these were Christian students. I'm surprised that this article did not mention that. Or am I?

So what was the bigger sin here? That they were Christians, or that they were educating females?

:mad:

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
02-26-2014, 09:39 AM
I honestly didn't even post this with any "Muslim" intent. This made Yahoo news yesterday and I posted it as soon as I read about the kids involved. It wasn't until I had pasted it into this box and proofread that I realized who this group was.

I don't care if these people were Muslim, Catholic, Jews.... doesn't matter to me. Anyone willing to slice a child's throat, or light them on fire - animals, just like you said. Sure they are animals but this group of animals just happen to be Islamists. As is so very often the case. They did that murdering in the name of Islam and the intent to establish a Sharia ruled Islamic nation. Our friend Jafar seeks to deny that truth.

http://journals.sub.uni-hamburg.de/giga/afsp/article/view/555 Boko Haram: The Development of a Militant Religious Movement in Nigeria

Roman Loimeier

Since 2009, the radical Muslim movement in northern Nigeria known as Boko Haram has become widely known in Western media for both its militant actions and its ultra-fundamentalist programme. This analysis examines Boko Haram from a historical perspective, viewing the movement as a result of social, political and generational dynamics within the larger field of northern Nigerian radical Islam. The contribution also considers some of the theological dimensions of the dispute between Boko Haram and its Muslim opponents and presents the different stages of militant activity through which this movement has gone so far. The article shows that movements such as Boko Haram are deeply rooted in northern Nigeria’s specific economic, religious and political development and are thus likely to crop up again if basic frame conditions such as social injustice, corruption and economic mismanagement do not change.
http://cnsnews.com/news/article/sunni-muslim-extremists-committed-70-terrorist-murders-2011 Sunni Muslim 'Extremists' Committed 70% of Terrorist Murders in 2011 August 3, 2012 - 8:41 AM By Edwin Mora - See more at: http://cnsnews.com/news/article/sunni-muslim-extremists-committed-70-terrorist-murders-2011#sthash.tGDWmy9J.dpuf CNSNews.com) - Sunni Muslim terrorists committed “about 70 percent” of the 12,533 terrorist murders in the world last year, according to a report by the National Counterterrorism Center (NCTC). The information comes from the 2011 NCTC Report on Terrorism, which is based on information available as of March 12, 2012. “Sunni extremists accounted for the greatest number of terrorist attacks and fatalities for the third consecutive year,” the report says. “More than 5,700 incidents were attributed to Sunni extremists, accounting for nearly 56 percent of all attacks and about 70 percent of all fatalities.” The report says that in 2011, a total of 10,283 terrorism attacks across the world killed 12,533 people. Terrorism also is blamed for 25,903 injuries and 5,554 kidnappings. According to NCTC, of the 12,533 terrorism-related deaths worldwide, 8,886 were perpetrated by “Sunni extremists,” 1,926 by “secular/political/anarchist” groups, 1,519 by “unknown” factions, 170 by a category described as “other”, and 77 by “Neo-Nazi/Fascist/White Supremacist” groups. CNSNews.com asked NCTC if it could break down the fatality and incident statistics by religious groups other than Sunni Muslims. Carl Kropf, a spokesman at NCTC, told CNSNews.com that the “only portrayal” NCTC has of terrorism perpetrators in 2011 is what is found in the report. “We don’t break it down any further than that,” he said. “I thought it was a pretty good treatment of how it is not just Sunni extremists, but there are other elements that conduct attacks, and those are captured as best we can.” The report showed that the number of terrorism-related fatalities “decreased by 5 percent” from 13,193 in 2010 to 12,533 in 2011, while the number of attacks dropped 12 percent from 11,641 in 2010 to 10,283 last year. “More than half [6,418] of the people killed in 2011 were civilians and 755 were children,” the report noted. Coming second after civilians were police: NCTC found that terrorism was responsible for the deaths of 2,423 law enforcement officers, followed by military security forces (1,389), and government representatives (768). “Muslims continued to bear the brunt of terrorism, while attacks targeting Christians dropped nearly 45 percent from a five-year high in 2010,” stated NCTC. - See more at: http://cnsnews.com/news/article/sunni-muslim-extremists-committed-70-terrorist-murders-2011#sthash.tGDWmy9J.dpuf

aboutime
02-26-2014, 11:57 AM
jafar. Once again, your intentional denial has exposed your continued ignorance.

Had you read the article first...instead of being defensive, as you normally are.

You might have read this from the article on Yahoo....
" Suspected Islamic militants killed dozens of students in a pre-dawn attack Tuesday on a northeast Nigerian college, "

But. As most of us already know. You are unwilling, and seemingly unable to actually see, or comprehend.

The key word was SUSPECTED. Yet, you'd rather start a useless argument...again.

revelarts
02-26-2014, 12:00 PM
horrible event.
i hope the Police can catch the murderers. but in Nigeria, if the people catch then 1st there may be burning tires around there necks.

Trigg
02-26-2014, 01:25 PM
The easiest way to control a population is through ignorance and separation.

Keep the people uneducated and they are easily led.

Jafar, you want to scream that these people aren't muslim. They say they are and that is all that really matters. People, in the name of Islam, are slaughtering Innocent children. Condemn them, condemn the act. IMHO the people perpetrating the acts fully believe they are following the Muslim religion. They are probably uneducated themselves and can't read the scriptures and so rely on someone to TELL them what it says.

jafar00
02-26-2014, 04:30 PM
Sure they are animals but this group of animals just happen to be Islamists. As is so very often the case. They did that murdering in the name of Islam and the intent to establish a Sharia ruled Islamic nation. Our friend Jafar seeks to deny that truth.

Sunni Muslim 'Extremists' Committed 70% of Terrorist Murders in 2011 August 3, 2012 - 8:41 AM By Edwin Mora - See more at: http://cnsnews.com/news/article/sunni-muslim-extremists-committed-70-terrorist-murders-2011#sthash.tGDWmy9J.dpuf CNSNews.com) - Sunni Muslim terrorists committed “about 70 percent” of the 12,533 terrorist murders in the world last year, according to a report by the National Counterterrorism Center (NCTC). The information comes from the 2011 NCTC Report on Terrorism, which is based on information available as of March 12, 2012. “Sunni extremists accounted for the greatest number of terrorist attacks and fatalities for the third consecutive year,” the report says. “More than 5,700 incidents were attributed to Sunni extremists, accounting for nearly 56 percent of all attacks and about 70 percent of all fatalities.” The report says that in 2011, a total of 10,283 terrorism attacks across the world killed 12,533 people. Terrorism also is blamed for 25,903 injuries and 5,554 kidnappings. According to NCTC, of the 12,533 terrorism-related deaths worldwide, 8,886 were perpetrated by “Sunni extremists,” 1,926 by “secular/political/anarchist” groups, 1,519 by “unknown” factions, 170 by a category described as “other”, and 77 by “Neo-Nazi/Fascist/White Supremacist” groups. CNSNews.com asked NCTC if it could break down the fatality and incident statistics by religious groups other than Sunni Muslims. Carl Kropf, a spokesman at NCTC, told CNSNews.com that the “only portrayal” NCTC has of terrorism perpetrators in 2011 is what is found in the report. “We don’t break it down any further than that,” he said. “I thought it was a pretty good treatment of how it is not just Sunni extremists, but there are other elements that conduct attacks, and those are captured as best we can.” The report showed that the number of terrorism-related fatalities “decreased by 5 percent” from 13,193 in 2010 to 12,533 in 2011, while the number of attacks dropped 12 percent from 11,641 in 2010 to 10,283 last year. “More than half [6,418] of the people killed in 2011 were civilians and 755 were children,” the report noted. Coming second after civilians were police: NCTC found that terrorism was responsible for the deaths of 2,423 law enforcement officers, followed by military security forces (1,389), and government representatives (768). “Muslims continued to bear the brunt of terrorism, while attacks targeting Christians dropped nearly 45 percent from a five-year high in 2010,” stated NCTC. - See more at: http://cnsnews.com/news/article/sunni-muslim-extremists-committed-70-terrorist-murders-2011#sthash.tGDWmy9J.dpuf

Christian terrorists are rampaging in CAR, murdering Muslims and besieging a Church because the Priest (a real Christian) there decided to help the Muslims by sheltering them in the Church.

Are you now going to say the Christian Terrorists are acting in the name of Christianity and condemn Christians worldwide?

"Islamic Terrorist" or "Muslim Terrorist" is an oxymoron because as I have pointed out before, terrorism is 100% contrary to Islam.

Trigg
02-26-2014, 06:04 PM
Christian terrorists are rampaging in CAR, murdering Muslims and besieging a Church because the Priest (a real Christian) there decided to help the Muslims by sheltering them in the Church.

Are you now going to say the Christian Terrorists are acting in the name of Christianity and condemn Christians worldwide?

"Islamic Terrorist" or "Muslim Terrorist" is an oxymoron because as I have pointed out before, terrorism is 100% contrary to Islam.

Muslims and Christians are killing each other in the CAR. This looks more like retaliation than terrorism, on both sides.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
02-26-2014, 07:06 PM
Muslims and Christians are killing each other in the CAR. This looks more like retaliation than terrorism, on both sides.
You beat me to it. I doubt those that are killing the muslims are yelling Jesus Akbar. MUSLIMS WERE MURDERING CHRISTIANS THERE LONG BEFORE IT ERUPTED ENOUGH FOR SOME OF THE CHRISTIANS TO RECIPROCATE. I WILL HAVE TO SEE WHAT PROOF JAFAR OFFERS BEFORE I SAY ANY MORE THAN THIS. Doesn't matter who they are they have no right to attack that church , The priest has every right and is doing right to give sanctuary to the muslims that came there asking for it. As long as they came unarmed and are innocent muslims seeking aid. They should trust the priests judgment. In that case I would defend the Christian church and those given sanctuary myself! Not all muslims are bad or are radical terrorists. I'd think any willing to seek shelter there are very, very likely to just be innocent victims themselves. I'd fight to defend them myself.--Tyr

aboutime
02-26-2014, 08:01 PM

It's only an estimate, but honestly jafar. I believe you have exceeded any possible count of defending terrorists. No matter how many ways you find to impress yourself. Islamic, or Muslim....combined with the word Terrorist these days seems to be synonymous. NO MATTER WHICH WAY YOU SLICE/DICE or DEFEND them.

jafar00
02-26-2014, 10:18 PM

In Nigeria, there are tit for tat killings going on but the CAR situation is different. Peaceful and innocent Muslims are being rounded up for slaughter because of the actions of a few rebels who took power and did bad things.

Does the actions of few justify ethnic cleansing?

You beat me to it. I doubt those that are killing the muslims are yelling Jesus Akbar. MUSLIMS WERE MURDERING CHRISTIANS THERE LONG BEFORE IT ERUPTED ENOUGH FOR SOME OF THE CHRISTIANS TO RECIPROCATE. I WILL HAVE TO SEE WHAT PROOF JAFAR OFFERS BEFORE I SAY ANY MORE THAN THIS. Doesn't matter who they are they have no right to attack that church , The priest has every right and is doing right to give sanctuary to the muslims that came there asking for it. As long as they came unarmed and are innocent muslims seeking aid. They should trust the priests judgment. In that case I would defend the Christian church and those given sanctuary myself! Not all muslims are bad or are radical terrorists. I'd think any willing to seek shelter there are very, very likely to just be innocent victims themselves. I'd fight to defend them myself.--Tyr

I'm surprised you would fight to defend them Tyr. They are Muslims. You tend to paint us all with the same brush because of the high profile actions of a few bandits that claim to act as Muslims yet act in the opposite way.

It's only an estimate, but honestly jafar. I believe you have exceeded any possible count of defending terrorists. No matter how many ways you find to impress yourself. Islamic, or Muslim....combined with the word Terrorist these days seems to be synonymous. NO MATTER WHICH WAY YOU SLICE/DICE or DEFEND them.

Islam condemns terrorism in every form, yet you still describe them as Islamic. If you got a bunch of Christians together, twisted some Bible verses and went on a rampage slitting the throats of kids because they cursed their fathers once while yelling "In Jesus's Name!", would it make you Christian Terrorists acting in the name of Christianity, or just bad people?

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
02-27-2014, 08:34 AM
I'm surprised you would fight to defend them Tyr. They are Muslims. You tend to paint us all with the same brush because of the high profile actions of a few bandits that claim to act as Muslims yet act in the opposite way. I can only guess that you are surprised because you haven't a clue about how I stand on my core principles . Majority of those practicing the Islamic faith are indeed on a wrong road but I do believe some portion seek peace and truth. Regardless if and when innocent people seek refuge from those that would just murder them I believe such refuge should be given in a Christian church and woe be to any that violated that sanctuary! I'd stand there defending all those inside that church! I do not hate the "people" but rather what evil they do. Man should hate only one thing in this world and that is evil. When I point out evil murderous deeds done in God's name I hate the act not the blinded people. I also believe to stop such people swift action is called for. I say nay to being "sheep waiting to be slaughtered". Just not in this man's nature.--Tyr

aboutime
02-27-2014, 02:27 PM
In Nigeria, there are tit for tat killings going on but the CAR situation is different. Peaceful and innocent Muslims are being rounded up for slaughter because of the actions of a few rebels who took power and did bad things.

I'm surprised you would fight to defend them Tyr. They are Muslims. You tend to paint us all with the same brush because of the high profile actions of a few bandits that claim to act as Muslims yet act in the opposite way.

Islam condemns terrorism in every form, yet you still describe them as Islamic. If you got a bunch of Christians together, twisted some Bible verses and went on a rampage slitting the throats of kids because they cursed their fathers once while yelling "In Jesus's Name!", would it make you Christian Terrorists acting in the name of Christianity, or just bad people?

jafar. Do you honestly believe NONE OF US noticed how you intentionally, never mentioned HAMAS, or HEZBOLLA????
Why can't you say the same about them?

jafar00
02-27-2014, 04:24 PM
I can only guess that you are surprised because you haven't a clue about how I stand on my core principles . Majority of those practicing the Islamic faith are indeed on a wrong road but I do believe some portion seek peace and truth. Regardless if and when innocent people seek refuge from those that would just murder them I believe such refuge should be given in a Christian church and woe be to any that violated that sanctuary! I'd stand there defending all those inside that church! I do not hate the "people" but rather what evil they do. Man should hate only one thing in this world and that is evil. When I point out evil murderous deeds done in God's name I hate the act not the blinded people. I also believe to stop such people swift action is called for. I say nay to being "sheep waiting to be slaughtered". Just not in this man's nature.--Tyr

So you fully support the right to defend yourself and fight oppressors, as enshrined in the Qur'aan? This is a noble thing.

jafar. Do you honestly believe NONE OF US noticed how you intentionally, never mentioned HAMAS, or HEZBOLLA????
Why can't you say the same about them?

I was unaware that Hamas or Hezbollah were operating in Nigeria, nor am I aware of their involvement in this incident. Why would I mention them?

aboutime
02-27-2014, 04:36 PM
So you fully support the right to defend yourself and fight oppressors, as enshrined in the Qur'aan? This is a noble thing.

I was unaware that Hamas or Hezbollah were operating in Nigeria, nor am I aware of their involvement in this incident. Why would I mention them?

Nice try. But another failure on your part jafar. You know what I meant, and intentionally.....still refused to say the words Islamic, or Muslim...so you duck, and hide behind the silliness of trying to distract with the Nigeria/Hamas/Hezollah trick play on words.

Guess you think you've provided a good enough...lousy excuse AGAIN????

jafar00
02-27-2014, 05:28 PM
Nice try. But another failure on your part jafar. You know what I meant, and intentionally.....still refused to say the words Islamic, or Muslim...so you duck, and hide behind the silliness of trying to distract with the Nigeria/Hamas/Hezollah trick play on words.

Guess you think you've provided a good enough...lousy excuse AGAIN????

Actually, I have no idea what you mean't. Please enlighten me.

aboutime
02-27-2014, 05:59 PM
Actually, I have no idea what you mean't. Please enlighten me.

I'll leave your statement to stand. You have no idea. And it's impossible to enlighten you.

jafar00
02-27-2014, 10:27 PM
I'll leave your statement to stand. You have no idea. And it's impossible to enlighten you.

If you won't explain yourself, fine.

http://www.nicholasmirzoeff.com/O2012/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/obelix.jpg

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
02-27-2014, 11:22 PM

I was unaware that Hamas or Hezbollah were operating in Nigeria, nor am I aware of their involvement in this incident. Why would I mention them? Every human on earth has a right to self defense. I've never stated otherwise. However , going about murdering innocent people to instill terror in order to push a goal /a religious agenda hardly qualifies as self defense. Perhaps that is your problem you fail the mental ability to grasp that simple concept. Sure, defending INNOCENT people from murdering thugs is a noble thing regardless of who the murdering thugs are IMHO. I've never stated otherwise. The problem is you saying the murderers are the innocent victims. I suggest that you get massive help for that delusion you seem to be under. I had strongly suspected as much when you refused to soundly condemn Hamas.-Tyr

jafar00
02-28-2014, 12:54 AM
Every human on earth has a right to self defense. I've never stated otherwise. However , going about murdering innocent people to instill terror in order to push a goal /a religious agenda hardly qualifies as self defense. Perhaps that is your problem you fail the mental ability to grasp that simple concept. Sure, defending INNOCENT people from murdering thugs is a noble thing regardless of who the murdering thugs are IMHO. I've never stated otherwise. The problem is you saying the murderers are the innocent victims. I suggest that you get massive help for that delusion you seem to be under. I had strongly suspected as much when you refused to soundly condemn Hamas.-Tyr

I agree with you. However where did I suggest the murderers were innocent victims? I am likely more against them than you are!

Trigg
02-28-2014, 04:29 PM

ahhhh, correct me if I"m wrong, but that is kind of the definition of retaliation. :slap:

That being said, the Christians (see I'm not saying they aren't REAL christians, since that is what they say they are) are in the wrong for what they are doing.

The Muslim (yes they are Muslim) rebels started the war and perpetrated atrocities on the Christian population.

They are both wrong to slaughter innocents. This isn't terrorism this is retaliation.

jafar00
03-01-2014, 05:56 PM
ahhhh, correct me if I"m wrong, but that is kind of the definition of retaliation. :slap:

That being said, the Christians (see I'm not saying they aren't REAL christians, since that is what they say they are) are in the wrong for what they are doing.

The Muslim (yes they are Muslim) rebels started the war and perpetrated atrocities on the Christian population.

They are both wrong to slaughter innocents. This isn't terrorism this is retaliation.

It's still terrorism. You don't change the definition just because it's Christians doing it.

aboutime
03-03-2014, 06:31 PM
I agree with you. However where did I suggest the murderers were innocent victims? I am likely more against them than you are!

jafar. You suggest such a thing every time you make claims about Israel defending themselves from the rocket attacks of Hamas.

Guess you intentionally want all of us to ignore, or forget your endless defenses of such people...huh?

jafar00
03-03-2014, 08:51 PM
jafar. You suggest such a thing every time you make claims about Israel defending themselves from the rocket attacks of Hamas.

Guess you intentionally want all of us to ignore, or forget your endless defenses of such people...huh?

Israel is an occupying force. Everything they do to the native Palestinians is terrorism.

Trigg
03-04-2014, 02:47 PM
It's still terrorism. You don't change the definition just because it's Christians doing it.

I'm not defending anyone they are both in the wrong, neither am I changing the definition of terrorism IMHO.

I simply see retaliation instead of terrorism. Some muslims killed some christians so they retaliated, which lead to the muslims again killing christians. It's a vicious cycle.

Trigg
03-04-2014, 02:50 PM
Israel is an occupying force. Everything they do to the native Palestinians is terrorism.

There have always been Jews in that part of the world. They belong there just as much as anyone else. If the Palestinian government cared about their population they would educate them and build infrastructure instead of spending all their times trying to blow up the Israelis.