PDA

View Full Version : Vice President Biden decries 'hatred' behind state voter ID laws

jimnyc
02-26-2014, 11:27 AM
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. Vice President Joe Biden said on Tuesday he hopes Congress will pass new legislation to modernize the landmark Voting Rights Act of 1965 and counter what he called the "hatred" behind voter identification laws in states such as North Carolina, Alabama and Texas.

The U.S. Supreme Court gutted a core part of the act in June, and said Congress needed a new plan to protect blacks and other minorities in places where discrimination still persists rather than target former slaveholding states in the South.

At a reception at the Naval Observatory in Washington, D.C., in honor of African-American History Month, Biden criticized voting rules in North Carolina, Alabama and Texas.

"These guys never go away. Hatred never, never goes away," Biden told the reception. "The zealotry of those who wish to limit the franchise cannot be smothered by reason."

The U.S. Justice Department has sued North Carolina and Texas to block state laws requiring voters to show photo identification before voting, arguing they discriminate against minorities.

A bipartisan group of lawmakers introduced a new bill in the Senate and the House of Representatives in January in response to the Supreme Court decision.

It is not clear when the measure will be considered. But Biden said he was hopeful it would pass.

"This fight has been too long, this fight has been too hard, to do anything other than win - not on the margins, but flat-out win," he said.

http://news.yahoo.com/u-vice-president-biden-decries-39-hatred-39-033752360.html

Trigg
02-26-2014, 01:28 PM
I would love to know how someone can go through life without ID :lame2:

It's needed for damn near everything.

NightTrain
02-26-2014, 02:25 PM
I've asked how anyone can be an adult citizen in this country without having an ID, and no one can give me a realistic answer.

The only people that are against showing an ID are the liberals who want the Illegal Alien vote. There can be no other reason.

aboutime
02-26-2014, 03:23 PM
ALL OF US KNOW...there is very little any of us can do, or, are able to do without an ID.

The only people who don't know, just happen to call themselves POLITICIANS. And fellow Americans who are just DUMB enough to believe them.

Proving...once again. When a politician's mouth is moving. THEY ARE LYING.

jimnyc
02-26-2014, 04:18 PM
I've asked how anyone can be an adult citizen in this country without having an ID, and no one can give me a realistic answer.

The only people that are against showing an ID are the liberals who want the Illegal Alien vote. There can be no other reason.

I've never received a reasonable answer either. They would rather vilify their opponent than have rational discussion or face the facts. And yes, in this day and age, with the world having evolved digitally, unless you're 127 years old and no longer leave your home, you MAY not ever need an ID. Everyone else - it's almost impossible to get by in this world if you don't have ID.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
02-26-2014, 07:11 PM
I've never received a reasonable answer either. They would rather vilify their opponent than have rational discussion or face the facts. And yes, in this day and age, with the world having evolved digitally, unless you're 127 years old and no longer leave your home, you MAY not ever need an ID. Everyone else - it's almost impossible to get by in this world if you don't have ID. FFing hypocrites , dem require ID's at there gatherings. Then scream when its being called for to help eliminate voter fraud. -Tyr

Jeff
02-27-2014, 08:24 AM
FFing hypocrites , dem require ID's at there gatherings. Then scream when its being called for to help eliminate voter fraud. -Tyr

Voter fraud is all part of the Dems game, honesty is very low on the list of things that are important to them, just look at our Country and we can see how well the liars in DC are doing.

aboutime
02-27-2014, 02:39 PM
Voter fraud is all part of the Dems game, honesty is very low on the list of things that are important to them, just look at our Country and we can see how well the liars in DC are doing.

Jeff. Think about it. The words HONESTY, TRUTH, and KNOWLEDGE are NOT part of the Liberal language any of them use, or recognize because they replace such words with THEIR OWN BRANDS OF FALSEHOODS, and LIES. Which...They all Believe.http://icansayit.com/images/bidenbiggy.jpg

Jeff
02-28-2014, 07:39 AM
Jeff. Think about it. The words HONESTY, TRUTH, and KNOWLEDGE are NOT part of the Liberal language any of them use, or recognize because they replace such words with THEIR OWN BRANDS OF FALSEHOODS, and LIES. Which...They all Believe.http://icansayit.com/images/bidenbiggy.jpg

Dam he is a scary looking guy, stupid scary !!!

aboutime
03-01-2014, 10:26 PM
Dam he is a scary looking guy, stupid scary !!!

Jeff. I think that explains why OBAMA picked him as VEEP. Obama and Biden are SALT & PEPPER shakers on Steroids.