PDA

View Full Version : Seth Rogen on Capitol Hill to discuss Alzheimers

jimnyc
02-27-2014, 03:37 PM
Good for him for doing so!! And as many may know, or not, the movie that put him on the map was "Knocked Up", in which him and the chairman briefly discuss in the beginning! You have to see this, kinda funny.

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/UHqx3-mfHAY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

jimnyc
02-27-2014, 03:38 PM
You have to see this, kinda funny.

The opening and his humor, certainly not the subject of alzheimers which I applaud him for speaking on behalf of.

aboutime
02-27-2014, 04:32 PM
The opening and his humor, certainly not the subject of alzheimers which I applaud him for speaking on behalf of.

Thank you for posting this Jim. Bet nobody would have ever known it took place. Proving Rogan's claim about the WHISPERS.

My Mother-in-law...now 94, has been experiencing Alzheimers for several years, and it has been growing worse for the whole family.

She has to be reminded of her four daughter's names, has forgotten how many of our family are no longer here, and she has NO IDEA what her grandchildren, great grandchildren, and great, great grandchildren's Names are.
My wife (her number 3 daughter) must visit with her everyday...making sure she takes all of her meds....3 times a day.
She is so stubborn...we have tried to move her to assisted living. But her fellow 90 year old neighbors are her LAST friends, and she doesn't want to move away from them.

Imagine being a Son, or Daughter...with a mother who CAN'T remember YOUR Name?

That's only a small example that SCARES THE CRAP out of me. Hoping I never have to experience that kind of living in mysterious ways.
I have made fun of it, but it somehow reassures me I AM NOT a victim.....YET!

Finally. I remember Ronald Reagan being asked "How has it changed your life?"

And his reply was...."I MAKE NEW FRIENDS EVERY DAY!"

That scares me, and SHOULD....scare everyone else who makes FUN of US OLDER FOLKS.
Because....WE KNOW....Someday...all of you who make fun....just may end up that way too!

jimnyc
02-27-2014, 06:21 PM
Thank you for posting this Jim. Bet nobody would have ever known it took place. Proving Rogan's claim about the WHISPERS.

My Mother-in-law...now 94, has been experiencing Alzheimers for several years, and it has been growing worse for the whole family.

She has to be reminded of her four daughter's names, has forgotten how many of our family are no longer here, and she has NO IDEA what her grandchildren, great grandchildren, and great, great grandchildren's Names are.
My wife (her number 3 daughter) must visit with her everyday...making sure she takes all of her meds....3 times a day.
She is so stubborn...we have tried to move her to assisted living. But her fellow 90 year old neighbors are her LAST friends, and she doesn't want to move away from them.

Imagine being a Son, or Daughter...with a mother who CAN'T remember YOUR Name?

That's only a small example that SCARES THE CRAP out of me. Hoping I never have to experience that kind of living in mysterious ways.
I have made fun of it, but it somehow reassures me I AM NOT a victim.....YET!

Finally. I remember Ronald Reagan being asked "How has it changed your life?"

And his reply was...."I MAKE NEW FRIENDS EVERY DAY!"

That scares me, and SHOULD....scare everyone else who makes FUN of US OLDER FOLKS.
Because....WE KNOW....Someday...all of you who make fun....just may end up that way too!

That reminded me of this song...

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/pv1nTsxNWJ4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

hjmick
02-27-2014, 07:55 PM
I watched this the other day, very moving, very heartfelt, and the humor was not inappropriate.

The thing that shocked me, only two members on a subcommittee? Or was it the others couldn't be bothered to attend?

Your tax dollars at work, folks, your tax dollars at work.

GOD damned pathetic if you ask me...

aboutime
02-27-2014, 10:07 PM
I watched this the other day, very moving, very heartfelt, and the humor was not inappropriate.

The thing that shocked me, only two members on a subcommittee? Or was it the others couldn't be bothered to attend?

Your tax dollars at work, folks, your tax dollars at work.

GOD damned pathetic if you ask me...

hjmick. Sorry to continue the "JOKE" here, but consider this: The other members of the subcommittee PROBABLY didn't REMEMBER there was a meeting. Most of them are so Old, and have been in office so long. Maybe they didn't wish to expose their ALZHEIMER's.:laugh: