PDA

View Full Version : What have you people done to Gabby?

jimnyc
02-28-2014, 10:10 AM
I can't remember when she last posted, but it was awhile ago. Did one of you do something to her? :poke:

Little-Acorn
02-28-2014, 10:34 AM
Maybe she was more embarrassed than usual over getting debunked for the 35,489th time.

Usually when she posts something absurd and somebody points out how and why it's absurd, she vanishes for a week or two and doesn't post until she figures people have forgotten, then returns and starts posting the same old tripe until someone spanks her again. Repeat ad infinitum.

Or maybe she's doing the same thing so many of her ideological brethern are: With a massive defeat on the horizon in November, large numbers of Democrat congressmen are announcing their retirements, coincidentally just before they will lose all power, committeeships, and most votes. They aren't there to represent their constituents (which they could do whether in a majority or minority). They're there to exercise power and force their way on others... something they will no longer be able to do by the end of the year.

Have you checked motels along the Wisconsin/Illinois border? :laugh2:

Abbey Marie
02-28-2014, 11:13 AM
I am always amazed how Gabby holds her own when she is in such a minority. But Gabby always comes and goes. She has told us a few times that she is very busy and cannot be here all the time.

Little-Acorn
02-28-2014, 11:31 AM
I am always amazed how Gabby holds her own when she is in such a minority. But Gabby always comes and goes. She has told us a few times that she is very busy and cannot be here all the time.

If "holding her own" consists of losing every argument, getting everything she says debunked and refuted time and again, and being held up to such ridicule that she abandons the forum for weeks at a time after every time she posts.... then yes, Gabby is "holding her own".

But, since when does "holding her own" consist of THAT?

The internet slang word "pwned" seems to have been invented for her.

Or are you referring to her tendency to ignore being pwned time and again, and coming back as though it hadn't happened? Orwell had a term for that: "doublethink".

Doormats have a similar characteristic. And like Gabby, doormats don't consider it humiliating when people step on them, wipe their feet on them, and basically walk all over them.

She has told us a few times that she is very busy and cannot be here all the time.
If I had a record of losing as bad as Gabby does, I'd tell people that too.
:boohoo:

tailfins
02-28-2014, 11:48 AM
I can't remember when she last posted, but it was awhile ago. Did one of you do something to her? :poke:

I think it was a team effort. :clap: She got tired of tasting her own medicine. I have gallon jugs of her medicine laying around ready to serve if the need arises.

jimnyc
02-28-2014, 11:55 AM

If "holding her own" consists of losing every argument, getting everything she says debunked and refuted time and again, and being held up to such ridicule that she abandons the forum for weeks at a time after every time she posts.... then yes, Gabby is "holding her own".

My take has always been that she is quite intelligent, and I do believe she earned the degree she claims to have earned. Granted, probably about 85% of the time she posts she is looking to piss someone off, aka trolling. But IF she should decide to debate without the crap (which others do, in fairness), and stays on the topic, she can put out an intelligent argument. I appreciate her intelligence much more when it comes to everyday things, parenting, teaching, humor and normal things. I don't care for her politics, and I think she normally trolls too much, but I don't think she is stupid, that's for sure.

jimnyc
02-28-2014, 11:57 AM
I just referred to bullypulpit in another thread, stating that he's been awol and appeared out of nowhere yesterday. And coincidentally gabby is now awol. One and the same sharing a brain? :)

Abbey Marie
02-28-2014, 03:24 PM

But, since when does "holding her own" consist of THAT?

The internet slang word "pwned" seems to have been invented for her.

Or are you referring to her tendency to ignore being pwned time and again, and coming back as though it hadn't happened? Orwell had a term for that: "doublethink".

Doormats have a similar characteristic. And like Gabby, doormats don't consider it humiliating when people step on them, wipe their feet on them, and basically walk all over them.

If I had a record of losing as bad as Gabby does, I'd tell people that too.
:boohoo:

Geez, LA, did Gabby pee in your Wheaties? It's not the end of the world if someone on here (aka Me) says something "kinda nice" about her. It IS hard to be in a very tiny minority on a political board. I know; I've been there. Yet she stays and continues to state her opinions in a devilish way. I call that holding her own.

tailfins
02-28-2014, 03:31 PM
Geez, LA, did Gabby pee in your Wheaties? It's not the end of the world if someone on here (aka Me) says something "kinda nice" about her. It IS hard to be in a very tiny minority on a political board. I know; I've been there. Yet she stays and continues to state her opinions in a devilish way. I call that holding her own.

Irrespective of any political opinions, she's an asshole deserving no courtesy whatsoever.

NightTrain
02-28-2014, 03:43 PM
I have to say that I'm with LA on this.

IF she actually tried to debate her ridiculous notions, I'd have respect for her. But time and time again, she has demonstrated she is simply here to troll and to try to rile people up.

She might be smart. Maybe. I guess we'll never see concrete proof of that since she appears incapable of defending the tripe she grabs from her favorite liberal sites and posts here for the lulz.

It wouldn't hurt my feelings in the slightest if I never saw her post her garbage again.

Trigg
02-28-2014, 04:20 PM
I agree she probably does have the degree that she claims to have. Not everyone lies on line.

I get annoyed with her posting style. She doesn't debate or try to change people's opinion. She simply jumps in, posts something insulting and leaves for a couple of days.

I'm busy as well.......this week kicked my ass in fact. But, if she really wanted to debate she'd find the time.

That being said, I think the board needs the diversity and I hope she comes back.....annoying posts and all.

aboutime
02-28-2014, 04:46 PM
Honestly? I think she finally ran out of STUPID, DUMB, IGNORANT things to say, repeat, and to offend everyone.

After all. She is convinced she is far more superior, richer, wiser, and more highly educated than everyone else here on DP.

MISERY LOVES COMPANY...but she's not getting any of ours.

Drummond
02-28-2014, 04:54 PM
Irrespective of any political opinions, she's an asshole deserving no courtesy whatsoever.

Yes, I'm with Tailfins and Aboutime on this one. Her chief intent is to troll and apparently then sit back and enjoy the 'fun'. Maybe she cuts and runs when her 'debating' points are trounced, or maybe it's done just to aggravate, or maybe a mixture of the two. Granted, that's not true of every single post -- just the vast majority, from what I've seen.

Who needs that stuff ?

aboutime
02-28-2014, 05:00 PM

tailfins. Gotta agree with you 100%. But we must also remember. What you said above is an INSULT to assholes everywhere.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
03-01-2014, 03:01 PM
I have not a problem with Gabby posting. I find it interesting that she presents very many far different views. I disagree with most of them but that doesn't stop it be interesting to me. I suspect she eventually show up to post some controversial topic. -Tyr

Voted4Reagan
03-01-2014, 04:22 PM

Many say the same thing about you!

tailfins
03-01-2014, 08:51 PM
I have not a problem with Gabby posting. I find it interesting that she presents very many far different views. I disagree with most of them but that doesn't stop it be interesting to me. I suspect she eventually show up to post some controversial topic. -Tyr

I don't have a problem with her posting either, but I'm not going to take your crap.

Many say the same thing about you!

Says the hen-pecked loser with a small penis complex.

aboutime
03-01-2014, 09:06 PM
I don't have a problem with her posting either, but I'm not going to take your crap.

Tailfins. Please explain how YOU are capable of talking with your mouth full? Sounds like it's more of a problem (small penis complex) for you...so eager to share your personal misery with others.:laugh:

tailfins
03-01-2014, 09:19 PM
I don't have a problem with her posting either, but I'm not going to take your her crap.

See correction above.

tailfins
03-01-2014, 09:20 PM
Tailfins. Please explain how YOU are capable of talking with your mouth full? Sounds like it's more of a problem (small penis complex) for you...so eager to share your personal misery with others.:laugh:

Don't stay up too late. You'll need your rest to be featured on the Jerry Springer show.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
03-01-2014, 10:07 PM
I was not aware that I HAD BEEN GIVING YOU ANY CRAP. However ask and ye shall receive. --Tyr

tailfins
03-01-2014, 10:10 PM
I was not aware that I HAD BEEN GIVING YOU ANY CRAP. However ask and ye shall receive. --Tyr

See correction above .. I meant her crap.

aboutime
03-01-2014, 10:20 PM
Don't stay up too late. You'll need your rest to be featured on the Jerry Springer show.

Sorry Jerry. I have never watched your so-called...show.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
03-02-2014, 01:03 AM
See correction above .. I meant her crap. ok, was wondering had I been posting while asleep. ;) As I usually remember giving somebody crap. :laugh:--Tyr

Voted4Reagan
03-02-2014, 10:19 AM

This is the lounge... take your Misogynistic vulgarity elsewhere...

jimnyc
03-02-2014, 10:30 AM
Ok, this was meant to be a fun thread wondering where our misguided friend disappeared to. :(

tailfins
03-02-2014, 11:01 AM
This is the lounge... take your Misogynistic vulgarity elsewhere...

You have no authority, officious hermaphrodite.

Abbey Marie
03-02-2014, 11:52 AM
Ok, this was meant to be a fun thread wondering where our misguided friend disappeared to. :(

Apparently you cannot bring up Gabby without people getting all po'ed and cranky. Ironically, she'd be gratified to know she is in people's heads that much.

;)

Little-Acorn
03-02-2014, 02:16 PM
I agree she probably does have the degree that she claims to have. Not everyone lies on line.

I get annoyed with her posting style. She doesn't debate or try to change people's opinion. She simply jumps in, posts something insulting and leaves for a couple of days.

I'm busy as well.......this week kicked my ass in fact. But, if she really wanted to debate she'd find the time.

That being said, I think the board needs the diversity and I hope she comes back.....annoying posts and all.

I agree, with all except the last point.

The board doesn't need "diversity", it needs debate. Debate is diversity with intelligence, reason, and honesty added in.

Gabby provides "diversity", but nothing else.

Little-Acorn
03-02-2014, 02:18 PM
Honestly? I think she finally ran out of STUPID, DUMB, IGNORANT things to say,

I don't. Pig stys never run out of mud.

aboutime
03-02-2014, 04:17 PM
Apparently you cannot bring up Gabby without people getting all po'ed and cranky. Ironically, she'd be gratified to know she is in people's heads that much.

;)

Agreed Abbey. Most paranoid people walk around feeling gratified, and flattered like her.

tailfins
03-02-2014, 04:24 PM

;)

That's an interesting thought. I just put her in the category of people who deliberately drive thorough puddles when they see a pedestrian nearby. What do you do with such people?

jimnyc
03-02-2014, 08:53 PM
I still like Gabby, until the next time she pisses me off. I know she's not perfect, and I know I'm not either. We don't have to all get along and love one another. We have the ability to ignore one another. And I think we're too damn good a bunch of people, and too smart, to run people away, for any reason.

tailfins
03-02-2014, 09:34 PM
I still like Gabby, until the next time she pisses me off. I know she's not perfect, and I know I'm not either. We don't have to all get along and love one another. We have the ability to ignore one another. And I think we're too damn good a bunch of people, and too smart, to run people away, for any reason.

So where's the balance between not taking people's crap and running them off? I'm not interested in running people off. However, if they mess with me, I will use them as a psychological punching bag. And no, I don't distract myself with trivialities like decorum or even decency.

Jeff
03-03-2014, 08:11 AM

;)

You are exactly right , Gabby post to piss people off , and it works :laugh: she hasn't posted a word but yet has people arguing. Gabby can post very well when she wants, she just enjoys messing with people ( and yes I am one of her favorites to attack ) if she gets a rise out of ya she wins ( in her eyes anyway ) and she has done that here without even trying :laugh: Gabs is getting good :cool:

jimnyc
03-03-2014, 08:48 AM
I know most of you couldn't care less, that much has been displayed. But we likely lost one of the members who sits clearly on the left side of politics. A voice of a woman. A voice different than what we hear day after day. And one who I called a friend (on and off admittedly).

Did she troll threads at times? Absolutely. As a friend pointed out to me, the definition of a troll:

A troll is defined as someone who deliberately stirs up trouble by posting inflammatory statements intended to upset people.

So yes, she did fit into that definition at times. And you know what, so did 75% of us, at many, many other times. I myself have fit that definition in regards to Gabby at times. I have done this with many other members at times as well. I won't call names, but many others have posted crap with the intent of pissing others off as well. Many, many times. Many times. But I think it's often seen differently when people of similar minds troll. But since Gabby is on the left side? It's often seen as unforgivable. I'm not saying that anyone/everyone has trolled as much as she has, or less, just pointing out a similarity.

Those that truly detest her, to the point that you honestly feel she has no worth here - why not place her on ignore? And imagine if she did the same to the members that she doesn't care for?

How would you handle it: every time you make a post you are in the severe minority. With every post you get a minimum of 5 replies before you can even make a second post, often more. Many attack you right off the bat, for being a lefty, or for being dumb... When being inundated as such, does it make you want to post more? Does it make you want to reply in kind? I'm not looking for serious answers, just food for thought.

Kathianne
03-03-2014, 09:01 AM
I know most of you couldn't care less, that much has been displayed. But we likely lost one of the members who sits clearly on the left side of politics. A voice of a woman. A voice different than what we hear day after day. And one who I called a friend (on and off admittedly).

Did she troll threads at times? Absolutely. As a friend pointed out to me, the definition of a troll:

So yes, she did fit into that definition at times. And you know what, so did 75% of us, at many, many other times. I myself have fit that definition in regards to Gabby at times. I have done this with many other members at times as well. I won't call names, but many others have posted crap with the intent of pissing others off as well. Many, many times. Many times. But I think it's often seen differently when people of similar minds troll. But since Gabby is on the left side? It's often seen as unforgivable. I'm not saying that anyone/everyone has trolled as much as she has, or less, just pointing out a similarity.

Those that truly detest her, to the point that you honestly feel she has no worth here - why not place her on ignore? And imagine if she did the same to the members that she doesn't care for?

How would you handle it: every time you make a post you are in the severe minority. With every post you get a minimum of 5 replies before you can even make a second post, often more. Many attack you right off the bat, for being a lefty, or for being dumb... When being inundated as such, does it make you want to post more? Does it make you want to reply in kind? I'm not looking for serious answers, just food for thought.

Jim, good job at summing up what Abbey and I've both said repeatedly over the years.

Gabby flames the 'right,' but really only upsets those that tend extreme in their views of politics or just hate women, (only one fits that I know of) or lack a sense of humor.

Her posts in other areas are not trollish, as you've noted several times. She's one person I respect on education and family matters in general.

Abbey Marie
03-03-2014, 11:03 AM
You are exactly right , Gabby post to piss people off , and it works :laugh: she hasn't posted a word but yet has people arguing. Gabby can post very well when she wants, she just enjoys messing with people ( and yes I am one of her favorites to attack ) if she gets a rise out of ya she wins ( in her eyes anyway ) and she has done that here without even trying :laugh: Gabs is getting good :cool:

Jeff, I know that you have been on the receiving end from Gabby, and you are far from treating her the worst, (in fact, I think you've been nice), but think of this: If Gabby posts and/or responds about anything, she is a Troll. If she doesn't, she "Ran away because she couldn't debate, etc.". Even when she's not around, people say bad things about her. The definition of not being able to win for trying. I stand by my first post in this thread on the subject. She handles it better than I would.

tailfins
03-03-2014, 12:02 PM
Jeff, I know that you have been on the receiving end from Gabby, and you are far from treating her the worst, (in fact, I think you've been nice), but think of this: If Gabby posts and/or responds about anything, she is a Troll. If she doesn't, she "Ran away because she couldn't debate, etc.". Even when she's not around, people say bad things about her. The definition of not being able to win for trying. I stand by my first post in this thread on the subject. She handles it better than I would.

I have a simple deal for Gabby if/when she returns: Stop directing put-downs at me and I will return the favor.

Abbey Marie
03-03-2014, 12:26 PM
I have a simple deal for Gabby if/when she returns: Stop directing put-downs at me and I will return the favor.

Fair enough.

But no one replied in this thread to anything Gabby said to them. One of my points right there.

jimnyc
03-03-2014, 12:31 PM

Alternatively, you can both place one another on ignore? :dunno:

tailfins
03-03-2014, 12:58 PM
Alternatively, you can both place one another on ignore? :dunno:

There are several problems with that:
1) Ignore only works when signed in
2) Quoted posts still get seen
3) It's still published

I will explain it this way. If someone pubished a derogatory newspaper article about you, choosing not to read that newspaper is not much of a solution. The content is still published.

jimnyc
03-03-2014, 01:23 PM
There are several problems with that:
1) Ignore only works when signed in
2) Quoted posts still get seen
3) It's still published

I will explain it this way. If someone pubished a derogatory newspaper article about you, choosing not to read that newspaper is not much of a solution. The content is still published.

That's understood and makes sense, which is why I generally ask both parties to use the ignore feature. But I can assure you and everyone of this, if someone wants to enjoy their experience here more, and that means using the ignore feature instead of fighting, and that person has definitely not spoken about the other - I will personally make sure the other person does not speak up in a derogatory fashion. The point of the ignore feature is to diffuse a situation, not have one party with their hands tied while the other bashes them.

hjmick
03-03-2014, 06:36 PM
What happened to Gabby?

She's probably off on another one of her one-per-center vacations...

Little-Acorn
03-03-2014, 07:50 PM
Fair enough.

But no one replied in this thread to anything Gabby said to them. One of my points right there.

Maybe because she didn't say it to them in this thread?

She hasn't been in this particluar thread at all, of course.

I very seldom refer particulars from one thread to another. That's what each individual thread is for - all discussion can take place there, to maintain consistent context. It avoids the "Wha..?? Where did THAT come from???" syndrome.

Also because I feel she spreads plenty enough nonsense and garbage on her own. I see no need to help her do it.

Abbey Marie
03-03-2014, 08:19 PM
Look, this is simple. The point was, if someone is complaining about Gabby's behavior towards them, they should do it in a thread where she behaves badly. Towards them. Or at the very least in a thread where she is posting.

What they definitely should not do, is complain about her/rip into her when she isn't even on the board for a while and cannot defend herself. That, ironically, is a form of trolling.

In my opinion, of course.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
03-03-2014, 08:31 PM
Jeff, I know that you have been on the receiving end from Gabby, and you are far from treating her the worst, (in fact, I think you've been nice), but think of this: If Gabby posts and/or responds about anything, she is a Troll. If she doesn't, she "Ran away because she couldn't debate, etc.". Even when she's not around, people say bad things about her. The definition of not being able to win for trying. I stand by my first post in this thread on the subject. She handles it better than I would. I've been on the receiving end of her jabs but took it in stride because I know she is a liberal and we are supposed to be kind to unfortunate people.;) Besides , who here did she really ever defeat in a debate of right verses left political ideas? So why let her jabs bother you I ask? She did sometimes post good posts. It hasn't been like she trolled 24/7 here.. I hope she pops back in and carries on. A tiger need not fear a mouse my friends. Just sayin'... -Tyr

Perianne
03-08-2014, 01:57 AM
I am about as conservative as they come. However, I do understand the other viewpoint, even though I don't agree with it.

I don't know this Gabby person, but I do know how annoying liberals can be, especially if they are trying to be annoying. They are very good at it.

I only have a few posts, but I remember one time I posted something that one of our more conservative members took as an insult. I meant nothing by it. He responded to me as if I were a liberal trying to insult him. Not that it matters, but the incident caused me to not want to post here, and I didn't for a long time.

I like this forum and would like to post here more often, but I am a nice person and don't want to have to defend myself if I say the slightest thing out of line. Maybe we conservatives are a bit too sensitive in our views and assume that the other person means things she does not mean.

Just my two cents.....

jimnyc
03-08-2014, 09:12 AM
I am about as conservative as they come. However, I do understand the other viewpoint, even though I don't agree with it.

I don't know this Gabby person, but I do know how annoying liberals can be, especially if they are trying to be annoying. They are very good at it.

I only have a few posts, but I remember one time I posted something that one of our more conservative members took as an insult. I meant nothing by it. He responded to me as if I were a liberal trying to insult him. Not that it matters, but the incident caused me to not want to post here, and I didn't for a long time.

I like this forum and would like to post here more often, but I am a nice person and don't want to have to defend myself if I say the slightest thing out of line. Maybe we conservatives are a bit too sensitive in our views and assume that the other person means things she does not mean.

Just my two cents.....

I don't recall when that happened, but it's not representative of the board as a whole. Ok, I lied, as of late it kind of is. :(

We like having you here as well. Having someone level headed and responding without insults is a breath of fresh air. Don't let a comment or one person scare you off. You can place them on ignore. Shoot a staff member a PM if you have any issues going forward.

Perianne
03-08-2014, 09:58 AM
I don't recall when that happened, but it's not representative of the board as a whole. Ok, I lied, as of late it kind of is. :(

We like having you here as well. Having someone level headed and responding without insults is a breath of fresh air. Don't let a comment or one person scare you off. You can place them on ignore. Shoot a staff member a PM if you have any issues going forward.

Thanks. I don't join forums to tell someone how they should behave.

jimnyc
03-08-2014, 10:03 AM
Thanks. I don't join forums to tell someone how they should behave.

I know, and that's even cooler that you have such a position. But while you don't have to tell them, that doesn't mean you have to put up with it either, that's the only reason I mention the ignore button. :)

Perianne
03-08-2014, 10:11 AM
I know, and that's even cooler that you have such a position. But while you don't have to tell them, that doesn't mean you have to put up with it either, that's the only reason I mention the ignore button. :)

Well, thanks for the encouragement.

As for now, I have to work tonight, so I am going to catch some sleep. An ol' hag like me needs her rest.

jimnyc
03-08-2014, 10:13 AM

As for now, I have to work tonight, so I am going to catch some sleep. An ol' hag like me needs her rest.

Most of us are old hags here, or well on our way. I just realized I am full of gray hairs. We have another fella on here who's grandkids told him he was older than dirt! LOL

Gaffer
03-08-2014, 10:35 AM
At the risk of repeating myself, I have had gabby on ignore since this board began. That's like seven years now. The ignore button does work really great. It's like putting allen colmes on mute every time he comes on FOX news. I can see his ugly face, but I don't have to listen to him. I also don't read the quotes others make from her, just their responses which are usually funny.

Gabby is just a nonentity that doesn't deserve my attention or anyone else's for that matter.

That's my annual gabby comment.

When dirt was a boy....

Said1
03-08-2014, 07:02 PM
I'll admit it, I'm Gabby. Or is Gabby me? :terror:

jimnyc
03-08-2014, 07:07 PM

Damn Canadian. First take the gold medals away from us in Sochi, make us keep Justin Bieber, and now taunt us that there are 2 Gabby's!!! :poke: :beer:

Abbey Marie
03-08-2014, 07:39 PM

Well, look what the wind blew in! Good to see you, Said! :cool:

Said1
03-08-2014, 08:35 PM
Ya, sorry about the Biebs thing, everyone. If I were running things up here, that would never have happened, that kid wouldn't have made it out of Ontario. :rock:

aboutime
03-08-2014, 09:38 PM
Ya, sorry about the Biebs thing, everyone. If I were running things up here, that would never have happened, that kid wouldn't have made it out of Ontario. :rock:

He's just the pre-mature, male version of our Linsey Lohan.
Future for him is only as bright as his bank account is able to last.
I fully expect to hear about his final destination as either...JAIL with big, guys who haven't seen a woman in years, or the teens who love him....Standing outside of the Cemetery following his nationwide Mourning period like Micheal Jackson's....never ending FREAK SHOW.:eek:

tailfins
03-08-2014, 10:51 PM

You seem like a nice person. Feel free to give advice. I only get mean when I see a need to give payback (with interest).

tailfins
03-08-2014, 10:53 PM

I see you're in the land of the Loonie and the Toonie. I'm planning on driving the Trans Labrador Highway this Summer. Do you have any knowledge about that?

Said1
03-09-2014, 10:47 AM
I see you're in the land of the Loonie and the Toonie. I'm planning on driving the Trans Labrador Highway this Summer. Do you have any knowledge about that?

Ok, this is going back quite a few years, but from what I can recall, it isn't completely paved - not sure if it is now, but it's probably close. Bad road conditions, like driving over a rickety wooden bridges that scared the crap out of me. This highway is much more intense and way more isolated in spots than places like Roger's pass, which is actually awesome driving, but scary in spots, too. I'm not sure what they've done as far as improvements, but there isn't much between you and the next town but woods, and I was there back in the day, so no cell phones, can't tell you what road side assistance might be like but I think there's a lot more traffic these days. It is very beautiful, tho was worth it in the end (still thank my lucky stars we didn't have any car trouble or bad weather conditions, since that can be unpredictable in that part of Canada). And that's about all I can remember, I'm lucky I remember that much! :dance: