PDA

View Full Version : Humor: Govt agents joining internet forums to influence discussions?

Little-Acorn
02-28-2014, 11:48 AM
Sounds like one of the more well-worn they're-out-to-get-us conspiracy theories. But with recent revelations of the IRS targeting Democrats' opponents etc., it almost sounds plausible.

Could any of the more rabid leftists on this forum, be paid government agents? Sent here to tell everybody how wonderful the government's programs are?

I pretty much doubt it, if for no other reason than the fact that they aren't very good at it. Such people's job would be to make the leftist agenda and its supporters look good. But all the leftists here do, is make themselves look silly.

But, too, these would be the same folks who produced the Obamacare website, the Benghazi "caused by an internet video" meme, etc.

Maybe rank incompetence and inability to learn is, in fact, the signature of a government operation after all? :laugh:

------------------------------------------

https://firstlook.org/theintercept/2014/02/24/jtrig-manipulation/

How Covert Agents Infiltrate the Internet to Manipulate, Deceive, and Destroy Reputations

By Glenn Greenwald24 Feb 2014, 6:25 PM EST 1,008

(snip)

Among the core self-identified purposes of JTRIG are two tactics: (1) to inject all sorts of false material onto the internet in order to destroy the reputation of its targets; and (2) to use social sciences and other techniques to manipulate online discourse and activism to generate outcomes it considers desirable. To see how extremist these programs are, just consider the tactics they boast of using to achieve those ends: “false flag operations” (posting material to the internet and falsely attributing it to someone else), fake victim blog posts (pretending to be a victim of the individual whose reputation they want to destroy), and posting “negative information” on various forums.

jimnyc
02-28-2014, 11:56 AM
Well, that explains why Bullypulpit appeared out of nowhere yesterday after being awol for so long! :)

fj1200
02-28-2014, 01:54 PM
There's leftists here? :laugh:

jimnyc
02-28-2014, 01:57 PM
There's leftists here? :laugh:

Now don't be playing coy, you liberal subhuman mongrel!! :)

fj1200
02-28-2014, 02:00 PM
Now don't be playing coy, you liberal subhuman mongrel!! :)

Oh, I keep forgetting. It's me and I'm slipping in my agenda advancing duties. :carryon: