PDA

View Full Version : Michael Jordan and his sneakers

jimnyc
02-28-2014, 12:21 PM
Wow, this man makes a lot of money post retirement! Last year alone he made $90 million dollars!!! To give you an idea how much he makes from his sneakers - Adidas sold sneakers last year, for Derrick Rose, a huge star in his own right and currently playing for the very same Chicago Bulls. In total, the shoes sold $40 million dollars worth. Lebron James is much bigger, as Nike sold $300 million of his shoes last year.

Michael Jordan's retro sneakers just went on sale and made $35 million in the first day! And nevermind Lebron, Jordan sold $2.25 BILLION worth last year! He's been retired for like forever, and crushed these guys!

I love Michael, I wish he would adopt me! :)

Nike released the Air Jordan 10 “Powder Blue” retro sneaker on Saturday, 20 years after the first Jordan 10s hit shelves. Like all the Jordan retro releases, this one was highly anticipated and first-day sales hit $35 million. For perspective, in all of 2013, Adidas sold $40 million in the U.S. of the signature shoes of its top star, Derrick Rose. The Bulls' current star guard isn’t the only one operating in the shadow of Jordan. Reigning MVP LeBron James is the top seller among current NBA players with $300 million at retail last year for his Nike shoes, according to data tracker SportsOneSource. Jordan crushed those numbers with $2.25 billion in U.S. retail basketball sales in 2013. It has been more than a decade since Michael Jordan last appeared in an NBA uniform, but MJ most certainly has still got it.

Jordan made an estimated $90 million last year thanks to the rich partnership he enjoys with Nike. His 2013 earnings eclipsed those of all other retired or current athletes save boxer Floyd Mayweather. It marked Jordan’s biggest earnings year yet in a career paved with monster paydays, which peaked in Jordan’s last season with the Bulls (1997-98) at $80 million.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/michael-jordan-made-90-million-120000093.html