PDA

View Full Version : 1100 poung pig?? Damn!!

jimnyc
01-07-2007, 07:14 AM
FAYETTEVILLE, Ga. - A giant wild hog boasted to be bigger than the near-mythical "Hogzilla" caught in southern Georgia a few years ago has been killed in a suburban Atlanta neighborhood.

The hog hung snout down from a tree Friday in William Coursey's front yard, not far from where the avid hunter said he shot the beast. He said he hauled it to a truck weight station, which recorded the hairy hog at 1,100 pounds.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070106/ap_on_fe_st/hogzilla_killed

Gaffer
01-07-2007, 01:26 PM
In Vietnam my squad was going out on an ambush. We stopped in a dry rice paddy with bushes growing on the burm and were waiting for it to get dark. The bushes made a good cover as they were like a hedge.

I heard a rustling noise to my left, I was point so there was no one to my left, and turned pointing my rifle at where the noise came from. Suddening a small boar, about the size of a medium dog crashed through the hedge and took off across the rice paddy.

I started to relax and take a breath when the hedge where he had come out of exploded in dirt and branches. Out came a boar the size of a water buffalo. It was hot on the tail of the little one and didn't notice us as it ran by. I have never seen a boar that big.

We decided to move on to another spot to wait for it to get good and dark.