PDA

View Full Version : Now THIS is racist!

jimnyc
03-01-2014, 08:45 AM
Holy crap, can you imagine a TV show trying to air something like this today? I'm referring to the 1st video, but want to post a few. Archie Bunker...

"The Coons are coming"

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/sOnTZipv03M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Posted many times, but always good, Archie on Democrats

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/7fqCS7Y_kME" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Sammy Davis Jr. kisses Archie

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/hMlpKbIS1I4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

hjmick
03-01-2014, 06:34 PM
All in the Family cold not be made today. No way, no how. Truth is, that's a shame. It was a quality show that, at times, tackled serious issues and did so in a way that reached people and advanced the discussion of race in this country.

aboutime
03-01-2014, 09:09 PM
Archie Bunker was well ahead of the rest of America back in the 70's, when that show became Number One in the ratings.

Archie would be accused of being a RACIST, BIGOT, and TERRORIST today because TELLING IT LIKE IT IS....Namely...THE TRUTH, is like trying to convince somebody OBAMA doesn't lie.

jimnyc
03-02-2014, 10:49 AM
All in the Family cold not be made today. No way, no how. Truth is, that's a shame. It was a quality show that, at times, tackled serious issues and did so in a way that reached people and advanced the discussion of race in this country.

I don't even think they air reruns anymore, at least not that I've ever seen. The airwaves are filled with "nigger this and nigger that" by black folks who literally mean what they say - but if an old white man said it in a more politically correct manner, as a form of entertainment, even with Sammy Davis or similar next to him and understanding it's comedy - a million apologies would be asked for.

Archie Bunker was well ahead of the rest of America back in the 70's, when that show became Number One in the ratings.

Archie would be accused of being a RACIST, BIGOT, and TERRORIST today because TELLING IT LIKE IT IS....Namely...THE TRUTH, is like trying to convince somebody OBAMA doesn't lie.

With the racism and negativity aside. Here is where I think he REALLY showed his acting chops, when Edith passed away.

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/jvzJZJxSXao" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

glockmail
03-02-2014, 12:11 PM
Excellent acting, but it was all done in a hidden agenda to further the stereotype of white Republicans.

glockmail
03-02-2014, 01:55 PM
I remember that show well in prime time. There was a warning at the start of every episode by the producer, due to its controversial topics and presentation. My parents took that seriously and watched it with us.

As I recall the "coons" that Archie rails against were "The Jeffersons". Those charachters were so successful they became a show of their own. That was also groundbreaking since it made fun of stereotypes, both rich white and blacks from "the hood" who became financially successful.

aboutime
03-02-2014, 04:28 PM
Excellent acting, but it was all done in a hidden agenda to further the stereotype of white Republicans.

glockmail. Totally agree about the hidden agenda. Great thing was...and still is. HOW ACCURATE everything Archie said back then...HAS BECOME REAL, and FACTUAL about Liberals, Democrats...and those who FOLLOW OBAMA.

Imagine if Obama had been president back then?

There never would have been an ARCHIE BUNKER...or ALL IN THE FAMILY.

Redd Foxx would have become the EVERLASTING STANDARD.

"WAIT A SECOND!!!!:laugh:......IT IS THE STANDARD TODAY!" :laugh:

tailfins
03-02-2014, 04:49 PM
I remember that show well in prime time. There was a warning at the start of every episode by the producer, due to its controversial topics and presentation. My parents took that seriously and watched it with us.

As I recall the "coons" that Archie rails against were "The Jeffersons". Those charachters were so successful they became a show of their own. That was also groundbreaking since it made fun of stereotypes, both rich white and blacks from "the hood" who became financially successful.

My mom told me it was fake because nobody likes Herbert Hoover and they're niggers not coons. By the way, popcorn is too much trouble, but here's some nigger toes to munch on.

http://www.orau.org/PTP/collection/consumer%20products/brazilnuts.jpg

aboutime
03-02-2014, 04:52 PM
My mom told me it was fake because nobody likes Herbert Hoover and they're niggers not coons.

tailfins. Now I am convinced...the acorn didn't fall far from the tree....in your case.

tailfins
03-02-2014, 05:06 PM
tailfins. Now I am convinced...the acorn didn't fall far from the tree....in your case.

As we can see by your example, there is also such a thing as white niggers.

aboutime
03-02-2014, 06:09 PM

Glad I'm not used to trying to talk to dirt bags who get off using the 'N' word so easily. But then. Your Pre-school Diploma probably still hasn't arrived at your house yet either.

logroller
03-02-2014, 07:03 PM
This is no place for such epithets directed at our fellow members.

tailfins
03-02-2014, 07:15 PM
This is no place for such epithets directed at our fellow members.

That twerp started in on me first. I can't even make a post about coins without his asshole remarks.

logroller
03-02-2014, 07:21 PM
That twerp started it.
And I'm ending it. Its the lounge-- Relax.

tailfins
03-02-2014, 07:31 PM
And I'm ending it. Its the lounge-- Relax.

You make an excellent point. I will begin putting my posts about silver dollars and such here to ward off some of the idiocy.

Voted4Reagan
03-02-2014, 08:07 PM
My mom told me it was fake because nobody likes Herbert Hoover and they're niggers not coons. By the way, popcorn is too much trouble, but here's some nigger toes to munch on.

http://www.orau.org/PTP/collection/consumer%20products/brazilnuts.jpg

Your use of the "N" Word is beneath contempt.

You should realize now why you are not liked here.

glockmail
03-02-2014, 08:19 PM
My mom told me it was fake because nobody likes Herbert Hoover and they're niggers not coons.

Interesting that your mother would teach you that. May I assume she was a democrat?

aboutime
03-02-2014, 08:26 PM
Your use of the "N" Word is beneath contempt.

You should realize now why you are not liked here.

V4R. Guess there's no longer any doubt as to WHICH MEMBER of DP is proud of being a TRUE RACIST.

Looks like the only thing missing here is tailfins WHITE SHEET, and HOOD.

jimnyc
03-02-2014, 08:29 PM
Tailfins, I don't think most, or anyone for that fact, know about Brazil Nuts, and what they were very long called prior to the change. Anyway, as reference purposes I have no issue with the word being used. As part of a post, I will often use the word as a factual representation of what another side, or just a part of the story without labeling a particular person. So while the word is not banned here at DP, we would hope it's used in a responsible manner. There are a million other ways to insult one another that don't bring racial slurs into it. Or you can just not insult one another anymore now that you all had your say. :)

tailfins
03-02-2014, 09:14 PM
Interesting that your mother would teach you that. May I assume she was a democrat?

In 1984 she voted for Republicans for the first time, much as a result from my influence. She said she could hear her Dad spinning in his grave. Actually I see the strength of racial hated decrease in my family from generation to generation. My grandfather whom I never met because he died in 1930 was a card carrying Klansman. It's all a matter of your reference point.

Abbey Marie
03-02-2014, 09:17 PM
"Can't we all just get along?"

Love,
Rodney

:beer:

glockmail
03-02-2014, 10:13 PM
In 1984 she voted for Republicans for the first time, much as a result from my influence. She said she could hear her Dad spinning in his grave. Actually I see the strength of racial hated decrease in my family from generation to generation. My grandfather whom I never met because he died in 1930 was a card carrying Klansman. It's all a matter of your reference point.
That series aired in the mid 70's so the answer to my question was "yes, she was a Democrat". Interesting about the racism of your previous generations of Democrats.

So it took her to Reagan's second term to come out of that whole mess.

Kinda destroys the revisionary history that Democrats now parrot that Nixon's Southern Strategy turned racists democrats into racist Republicans. More lilke what I've bee asserting all along, that Democrats who actually thought about things with an open mind came to realize the crappiness of their party and its racist roots...

tailfins
03-02-2014, 10:26 PM
That series aired in the mid 70's so the answer to my question was "yes, she was a Democrat". Interesting about the racism of your previous generations of Democrats.

So it took her to Reagan's second term to come out of that whole mess.

Kinda destroys the revisionary history that Democrats now parrot that Nixon's Southern Strategy turned racists democrats into racist Republicans. More lilke what I've bee asserting all along, that Democrats who actually thought about things with an open mind came to realize the crappiness of their party and its racist roots...

You're looking at it with blinders on. The catalyst was seeing politicians like Jimmy Carter riding around in a jet while asking regular people to sacrifice. The New Deal where people on WPA had to work was one thing, seeing deadbeats who don't want to work not pay for their groceries was quite another.

Jeff
03-03-2014, 07:56 AM
V4R. Guess there's no longer any doubt as to WHICH MEMBER of DP is proud of being a TRUE RACIST.

Looks like the only thing missing here is tailfins WHITE SHEET, and HOOD.
Send me your Adress I can get ya the White Sheet :laugh:

"Can't we all just get along? You beat me to this Abbey, I had my witty come back all set than seen you posted it already :laugh:
Love,
Rodney

:beer:

jimnyc
03-03-2014, 08:38 AM
Moved to the cage. The thread went from discussing a TV show with racism as a topic, to real racism as a topic.

Drummond
03-03-2014, 04:08 PM

Appalling comment.

Drummond
03-03-2014, 04:20 PM

Totally AGREE.

All in the Family was screened over here in the UK. But who, here, knows of the show's origins ?

That show is an American version of a series of programmes that started out in the UK. The original was called 'Til Death Us Do Part', and the original Archie Bunker character was Alf Garnett, played by Warren Mitchell.

Several series were made. But, sure enough, today it'd be impossible to screen it in the politically correct 21st century (.. or make its equivalent, anyway ..).

Here's a taste of it ('The Blood Donor', itself a sort of spoof of a 1950's Tony Hancock comedy episode of the same name ..) ....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hogW1a4HqVo

aboutime
03-03-2014, 06:27 PM
Appalling comment.

Sir Drummond. As despicable as the comment was. It further proved my point.

Anyone...and I do mean ANYONE...Black, or White, who needs to use that word. Deserves no recognition as a mentally stable person.

If my statement offends anyone. I don't care. Lowering yourself to such racially low standards proves your own racism is working.

jimnyc
03-03-2014, 07:34 PM
Sir Drummond. As despicable as the comment was. It further proved my point.

Anyone...and I do mean ANYONE...Black, or White, who needs to use that word. Deserves no recognition as a mentally stable person.

If my statement offends anyone. I don't care. Lowering yourself to such racially low standards proves your own racism is working.

I think it all depends. I've used the word on this board, as part of a discussion and as a word of reference. I think there's a big difference between using a word as part of a discussion, a word still used widely, as opposed to calling someone the word. I think the context in which the word is used makes a lot of difference.

aboutime
03-03-2014, 08:18 PM
I think it all depends. I've used the word on this board, as part of a discussion and as a word of reference. I think there's a big difference between using a word as part of a discussion, a word still used widely, as opposed to calling someone the word. I think the context in which the word is used makes a lot of difference.

Seriously. Anyone who feels ANY NEED to repeat, or say that word...IMO
is just using the opportunity to use it. Like an excuse to get away with
SWEARING.

In today's world. We all know. Using the descriptive word CONTEXT, tied to the use
of that word....UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE, BY ANYONE...just doesn't fly with me.

If we want to seriously STOP the use of the word while calling it RACIST, or OFFENSIVE.
The STOPPAGE must be TOTAL, COMPLETE, and avoided by ALL.

jimnyc
03-04-2014, 10:09 AM
Seriously. Anyone who feels ANY NEED to repeat, or say that word...IMO
is just using the opportunity to use it. Like an excuse to get away with
SWEARING.

In today's world. We all know. Using the descriptive word CONTEXT, tied to the use
of that word....UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE, BY ANYONE...just doesn't fly with me.

If we want to seriously STOP the use of the word while calling it RACIST, or OFFENSIVE.
The STOPPAGE must be TOTAL, COMPLETE, and avoided by ALL.

We disagree then. After those words are banned, then next will be fuck, bitch, jerk, asshole, dickhead.... People have a right to be assholes and/or racists. I use some words as reference material or repeating, and some just because I'm an angry bastard at times.

I see a huge difference in myself using it as a comparison of sorts, and a rapper speaking the word about how great he is, before he speaks of bitches and raping women.

aboutime
03-04-2014, 03:58 PM
We disagree then. After those words are banned, then next will be fuck, bitch, jerk, asshole, dickhead.... People have a right to be assholes and/or racists. I use some words as reference material or repeating, and some just because I'm an angry bastard at times.

I see a huge difference in myself using it as a comparison of sorts, and a rapper speaking the word about how great he is, before he speaks of bitches and raping women.

Jim. NOT ONCE did I say BAN any word. Not once. Common sense, and personal responsibility should be what we are seeing, and hearing. Banning any words is NOT gonna solve anything. It just comes down to humans being kind, and considerate of other humans.
If you know...from experience how certain words tend to UPSET, OFFEND, and INSULT others....Common Sense should be the rule.
That is what is lacking. Not Banning, or Censorship.

Drummond
03-04-2014, 04:00 PM

I can't know how much of this comes down to cultural differences, Jim. Nonetheless ... I can absolutely assure you that, where I come from, nobody would think of looking for contexts and think that this excuses the usage. It'd be simply TOO offensive to ever use, without the intention to offend being all too apparent.

Trigg
03-04-2014, 05:16 PM
personally I'm against banning it because it's used so often by the people who profess to be the most offended by it.

Blacks use it in songs, movies and (it seems) as an endearment.

Why should we ban it when it's used so prolifically by them??

jimnyc
03-04-2014, 06:21 PM
Jim. NOT ONCE did I say BAN any word. Not once. Common sense, and personal responsibility should be what we are seeing, and hearing. Banning any words is NOT gonna solve anything. It just comes down to humans being kind, and considerate of other humans.
If you know...from experience how certain words tend to UPSET, OFFEND, and INSULT others....Common Sense should be the rule.
That is what is lacking. Not Banning, or Censorship.

You didn't say ban it, but you said that under no circumstance whatsoever should it be used, and to get rid of it it must be stopped entirely. I know you aren't advocating for a new law, but what you're saying does in fact tell others they shouldn't be using the word, no matter what. To me, that sounds like trying to limit what others should be able to say. And don't get all pissy on me now! :) I simply disagree. There are lots of words out there that are insulting, and quite a few that would make me think less of someone tossing them around for fun. My stance is - let people speak such a word. Have them know that while legal, there are potential and varied consequences.

jimnyc
03-04-2014, 06:24 PM
I can't know how much of this comes down to cultural differences, Jim. Nonetheless ... I can absolutely assure you that, where I come from, nobody would think of looking for contexts and think that this excuses the usage. It'd be simply TOO offensive to ever use, without the intention to offend being all too apparent.

Here in the New York area, unfortunately, the word is a part of daily life. It's all over the streets, half used as an insult and half or maybe more used by "cool people". Then it's in every other movie, if not more. It's in SO so much music. Right or wrong, agree or disagree, it's just used a lot by various parties. That doesn't mean I have to use it as a slur, and I don't. BUT, while so many speaking it, and the majority of them being black, I'll be damned if I can't write the word on a message board as a point of reference to something someone said or such.

aboutime
03-04-2014, 07:10 PM
Here in the New York area, unfortunately, the word is a part of daily life. It's all over the streets, half used as an insult and half or maybe more used by "cool people". Then it's in every other movie, if not more. It's in SO so much music. Right or wrong, agree or disagree, it's just used a lot by various parties. That doesn't mean I have to use it as a slur, and I don't. BUT, while so many speaking it, and the majority of them being black, I'll be damned if I can't write the word on a message board as a point of reference to something someone said or such.

Jim. You are still miss reading what I said. I didn't say YOU, or anyone else can't use the word...whenever, or wherever you want, or like.

It has been long established by SOCIETY as a whole...other than FOUL MOUTHED BLACK WANNABE Comedians, or RAP troggers who wouldn't be able to do a days work...if it wasn't for their RAP.

My point is. Why do we..., any of us have to LOWER ourselves to such low, sloppy, distorted, English Destructive language...other than to feel like part of the gang????
That seems to be what is ailing the whole nation. If somebody else does it, or says it....That doesn't make it right, or socially acceptable because EVERYBODY WILL LOVE YOU, and not accuse you...OR ME..of being a racist by PLAYING THE STUPID GAMES, and pretending we want to lower ourselves to THE LOWEST OF STANDARDS...of which....THERE ARE NONE anymore.???

It's the same thing with OBAMA, and the uneducated Americans who FEARED being labeled as Racists IF...THEY DIDN'T VOTE FOR, OR CLAIM they voted for Obama.
Seems like nobody wants to be held accountable for anything they do...when it's easier to just GO WITH THE FLOW...down the toilet.

jimnyc
03-05-2014, 06:40 AM
Jim. You are still miss reading what I said. I didn't say YOU, or anyone else can't use the word...whenever, or wherever you want, or like.

It has been long established by SOCIETY as a whole...other than FOUL MOUTHED BLACK WANNABE Comedians, or RAP troggers who wouldn't be able to do a days work...if it wasn't for their RAP.

My point is. Why do we..., any of us have to LOWER ourselves to such low, sloppy, distorted, English Destructive language...other than to feel like part of the gang????
That seems to be what is ailing the whole nation. If somebody else does it, or says it....That doesn't make it right, or socially acceptable because EVERYBODY WILL LOVE YOU, and not accuse you...OR ME..of being a racist by PLAYING THE STUPID GAMES, and pretending we want to lower ourselves to THE LOWEST OF STANDARDS...of which....THERE ARE NONE anymore.???

It's the same thing with OBAMA, and the uneducated Americans who FEARED being labeled as Racists IF...THEY DIDN'T VOTE FOR, OR CLAIM they voted for Obama.
Seems like nobody wants to be held accountable for anything they do...when it's easier to just GO WITH THE FLOW...down the toilet.

I agree with you, I do. But here's the difference and the point I am making. Black folks the world round use the word daily and there's no issue. It's in their music and is a staple of their everyday language. Then it sprouts out from there, both bad and "good". But if I write an article about a TMZ article and a black artist who was recently arrested, and quote him using the word... Or if I write about Paula Deen and write specifically what she stated... Or if we're just somewhere on a topic about black folk, and I write - "I'm really tired of the fact that black folks use the word 'nigger' 9 million times per day, but if I just write the word 'nigger' once, even as a reference, I am labeled instantly a racist. <---- I just used it 2x in one sentence. Neither were using it as a slur towards another person. But those who call each other the word all day long are cool, and I get criticized.

fj1200
03-05-2014, 08:34 AM
It'd be simply TOO offensive to ever use, without the intention to offend being all too apparent.

"Subhuman mongrel" comes to mind.

jimnyc
03-05-2014, 09:36 AM
"Subhuman mongrel" comes to mind.

Wassup, my nigga? :coffee:

jimnyc
03-05-2014, 09:37 AM
<iframe width="853" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/yuedZ1Y_dU4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

fj1200
03-05-2014, 10:57 AM
Wassup, my nigga? :coffee:

:coffee: :420:

Coffee and weed; livin' the dream.

:washmachine2:

jimnyc
03-05-2014, 11:13 AM
:coffee: :420:

Coffee and weed; livin' the dream.

:washmachine2:

You just assume the black man is smoking weed? You racist bastard!! :)

aboutime
03-05-2014, 02:22 PM
Too bad. What a total disappointment from all of you.

jimnyc
03-05-2014, 02:34 PM

C'mon, we're not bad people, nor being racist, just having some fun at the expense of politically correct and the lack of right for people not to be offended. Ok, I should just say myself, not FJ, I dragged him into it. :)

This is what I'm saying. You see "me" as a disappointment as a result of using the word, both as a reference, and as humor. The reference I'll never understand. The humor I can sorta see, but it's based off of a movie, and is said all the time, so me saying it shouldn't be much different - but people let it be much different.

Did you have the same disappointment when Archie Bunker used the word? Or when he called them coons? Or colored? And if not, why not?

jimnyc
03-05-2014, 02:36 PM

Oh, and Btw, you can still have my Bud Light!! Or my Coke, or Pepsi. Or even the food off my plate. I still love you, man!!

aboutime
03-05-2014, 07:03 PM
C'mon, we're not bad people, nor being racist, just having some fun at the expense of politically correct and the lack of right for people not to be offended. Ok, I should just say myself, not FJ, I dragged him into it. :)

This is what I'm saying. You see "me" as a disappointment as a result of using the word, both as a reference, and as humor. The reference I'll never understand. The humor I can sorta see, but it's based off of a movie, and is said all the time, so me saying it shouldn't be much different - but people let it be much different.

Did you have the same disappointment when Archie Bunker used the word? Or when he called them coons? Or colored? And if not, why not?

Archie Bunker was a Fictional Character on a 70's television show. Because he used those words on television DIDN'T MAKE IT RIGHT, nor did it give ME, or anyone else permission to use those words...which they do, so freely today...and still call anyone whom they dislike, or who isn't their color...RACISTS.
How does anyone honestly expect to solve, or even communicate with one-another when using such language instantly STOPS all attempts to honestly speak one-on-one?

My late father had a saying "If I stick my head in the heater. Does that mean it's okay for you to stick yours in the heater?"

TWO WRONGS still...never make a RIGHT.

jimnyc
03-05-2014, 08:29 PM
Archie Bunker was a Fictional Character on a 70's television show. Because he used those words on television DIDN'T MAKE IT RIGHT, nor did it give ME, or anyone else permission to use those words...which they do, so freely today...and still call anyone whom they dislike, or who isn't their color...RACISTS.
How does anyone honestly expect to solve, or even communicate with one-another when using such language instantly STOPS all attempts to honestly speak one-on-one?

My late father had a saying "If I stick my head in the heater. Does that mean it's okay for you to stick yours in the heater?"

TWO WRONGS still...never make a RIGHT.

Obviously we just disagree on the matter. That's cool. I simply don't think that the manner in which I sometimes use it is "wrong". You do, and I can appreciate that. Unfortunately though, in this world, we pretty much don't have a right 'not' to be offended. :beer:

tailfins
03-06-2014, 10:00 PM

If we banned all those words, we couldn't talk about you any more! :laugh:

Perianne
03-08-2014, 01:30 AM
Interesting thread and reading people's opinions about words. I suppose it has a bit to do with the culture one grew up in? Saying the n-word is not a big deal in my neck of the woods.

The one word I despise more than any other is the f-word. I don't mean to offend anyone, but I view the usage of the f-word as tasteless.

I also hate it when someone uses the G-D phrase.

So, while person A's most despicable word is the n-word, person B's most despicable word is the f-word. Someone else despises the c-word and someone else dislikes G-D. We all have words and phrases that we think shouldn't be used.

jimnyc
03-08-2014, 09:17 AM
Interesting thread and reading people's opinions about words. I suppose it has a bit to do with the culture one grew up in? Saying the n-word is not a big deal in my neck of the woods.

The one word I despise more than any other is the f-word. I don't mean to offend anyone, but I view the usage of the f-word as tasteless.

I also hate it when someone uses the G-D phrase.

So, while person A's most despicable word is the n-word, person B's most despicable word is the f-word. Someone else despises the c-word and someone else dislikes G-D. We all have words and phrases that we think shouldn't be used.

Oh man, put me on ignore now then if you hate the F word! LOL Well, even that one I try to use F, or WTF, or effing....

But yes, you're absolutely correct. Different strokes for different folks. While members here have the ability to place others on ignore, I wish they had the ability to self censor certain words and make them disappear, while still remaining for others.

Abbey Marie
03-08-2014, 09:37 AM
I think there should be a course called:

"Your friend- the Adjective"
Subtitled: How to describe something without using those four-letter words- yes, it is possible!"

;)

Perianne
03-08-2014, 09:38 AM
Oh man, put me on ignore now then if you hate the F word! LOL Well, even that one I try to use F, or WTF, or effing....

But yes, you're absolutely correct. Different strokes for different folks. While members here have the ability to place others on ignore, I wish they had the ability to self censor certain words and make them disappear, while still remaining for others.

I am not here a lot, but I have not noticed f-words. F, or WTF, or effing, is not the same as saying the word outright.

It seems that people are nice here, at least most people, and are not too much in someone's face.

jimnyc
03-08-2014, 09:41 AM
I am not here a lot, but I have not noticed f-words. F, or WTF, or effing, is not the same as saying the word outright.

It seems that people are nice here, at least most people, and are not too much in someone's face.

We're a smaller board. Almost everyone here knows everyone from another board, or many of us have been posting together for quite a few years. I think, like family, we have our share of fights and disagreements, and that's when the naughty words come out. But we're all still family. And while we slip on occasion, we're all decent people. Anyone here JUST to insult or cause mayhem wouldn't last, and trust me, they HAVE been here before! LOL

Perianne
03-08-2014, 10:07 AM
We're a smaller board. Almost everyone here knows everyone from another board, or many of us have been posting together for quite a few years. I think, like family, we have our share of fights and disagreements, and that's when the naughty words come out. But we're all still family. And while we slip on occasion, we're all decent people. Anyone here JUST to insult or cause mayhem wouldn't last, and trust me, they HAVE been here before! LOL

That's the kind of forum I like. A small, close knit group of people who genuinely like each other and have respect even in disagreement.

There are only two problems I see with me posting here:

1. None of you really know me, so I am an outsider.

2. Kathianne might not like someone else with the -ianne on the end of her name. :)

jimnyc
03-08-2014, 10:16 AM
That's the kind of forum I like. A small, close knit group of people who genuinely like each other and have respect even in disagreement.

2. Kathianne might not like someone else with the -ianne on the end of her name. :)

Everyone here started the same at one point. The only way we can get to know someone is by their own posts, opinions and sharing. Since you're still here after 80+ posts, I'd say you're doing just fine. And you have a UK jersey, which means you'll get special treatment compared to the rest. Ok, I kid, I kid. But you obviously have good taste in sports/schools!

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
03-08-2014, 11:46 AM
"Subhuman mongrel" comes to mind. Are you a "mongrel"? I am and its a point of pride that I point to being of English, Native American, Irish, German/Dutch and Viking heritage. Is Obama a mongrel? Hell yes. But that's not important what is important is that he is a sorry excuse for a human too. However, he would only be "subhuman" if he sinks to the level of being a murdering terrorist murdering people for the sole purpose to instill fear! He has not done that! At least not yet! Although I have no delusion that he is not capable of it.. For I'd bet my life he is.... That's called absolute conviction based upon reality, past life experiences and unbreakable principles. I am sure you disagree but matters not a whit to me as I know its the truth.. --Tyr

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
03-08-2014, 11:54 AM

2. Kathianne might not like someone else with the -ianne on the end of her name. :) I think I've read every post you have made here. From that I can make a value judgment and feel safe to say you have good moral principles, are solid in your defense of justice and willing to be kind and considerate. What more needs to be known by people that value highly those attributes? Post more and we get to know you more. And Kat being such a fine person(imo) likely thinks your name just fine. ;)-Tyr

jimnyc
03-08-2014, 12:01 PM
Are you a "mongrel"? I am and its a point of pride that I point to being of English, Native American, Irish, German/Dutch and Viking heritage. Is Obama a mongrel? Hell yes. But that's not important what is important is that he is a sorry excuse for a human too. However, he would only be "subhuman" if he sinks to the level of being a murdering terrorist murdering people for the sole purpose to instill fear! He has not done that! At least not yet! Although I have no delusion that he is not capable of it.. For I'd bet my life he is.... That's called absolute conviction based upon reality, past life experiences and unbreakable principles. I am sure you disagree but matters not a whit to me as I know its the truth.. --Tyr

I have some American Indian blood in my family, forget which tribe (maybe Jeff will remember). A lot of German and a lot of Polish. A little bit of of Slovak, I thought Czech too. Maybe I'll ask my Dad, I think Jeff and I are too retarded to remember. But yeah, we referred to ourselves as "mutts", which I think they use to refer to mixed breed dogs. Maybe a politer way of saying subhuman? :dunno: But I think mostly German. My last name is apparently fairly popular in Germany. I've never been there though, nor do I know of a single family member that's ever been there. For that fact, the same applies for all of the others in my blood. Now I feel orphaned. :( Thank you for adopting me, America! :)

Too much coffee, ya think? :coffee: :hyper:

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
03-08-2014, 12:11 PM

It seems that people are nice here, at least most people, and are not too much in someone's face. I use FF a lot but almost always when speaking of the scum Obama and any other verifiable scum. My wife hates the word so we have a deal where I pay her a dollar every time I say it and she hears me. Paid her once this year already, have learned to speak in whispers and our intimate time has been renamed to --"lets go do some monkey dancing darling" ;) Also had to demand my writing on this forum using the abbreviation not be included in the compromise we made . She sometimes ,especially when I am laughing , comes over to read the posts I am making. Which kind of irks me at times because she asks for explanations that divert my attention from the task at hand. Of course being wise I patiently explain so as to keep her in a good mood. I know bread buttered correctly is a goooooooooooood thing... :laugh:-Tyr

jimnyc
03-08-2014, 12:15 PM
I use FF a lot but almost always when speaking of the scum Obama and any other verifiable scum. My wife hates the word so we have a deal where I pay her a dollar every time I say it and she hears me. Paid her once this year already, have learned to speak in whispers and our intimate time has been renamed to --"lets go do some monkey dancing darling" ;) Also had to demand my writing on this forum using the abbreviation not be included in the compromise we made . She sometimes ,especially when I am laughing , comes over to read the posts I am making. Which kind of irks me at times because she asks for explanations that divert my attention from the task at hand. Of course being wise I patiently explain so as to keep her in a good mood. I know bread buttered correctly is a goooooooooooood thing... :laugh:-Tyr

A dollar for each time? I couldn't afford that. I would need to lower the stakes to like a nickel. But that's not just the F word but all of them. Admittedly, I have a dirty, dirty mouth. But there's a time and a place, and I'm generally good about that. Generally.

fj1200
03-08-2014, 02:33 PM
Are you a "mongrel"? I am and its a point of pride that I point to being of English, Native American, Irish, German/Dutch and Viking heritage. Is Obama a mongrel? Hell yes. But that's not important what is important is that he is a sorry excuse for a human too. However, he would only be "subhuman" if he sinks to the level of being a murdering terrorist murdering people for the sole purpose to instill fear! He has not done that! At least not yet! Although I have no delusion that he is not capable of it.. For I'd bet my life he is.... That's called absolute conviction based upon reality, past life experiences and unbreakable principles. I am sure you disagree but matters not a whit to me as I know its the truth.. --Tyr

If Dutch and English count then yes. But everyone is a mongrel, almost everyone has some neanderthal genes, except most Africans IIRC. But it seems that you think that Ted Nugent went to far in his use of "subhuman mongrel." Excellent.

fj1200
03-08-2014, 02:38 PM
A dollar for each time?

How can one stifle a word that is so versatile as that word is?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4kZUrGBMCA

:dunno:

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
03-08-2014, 10:11 PM
How can one stifle a word that is so versatile as that word is?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4kZUrGBMCA

:dunno: Censor completely no but celebrate it as a real gem is a no too. Only celebrate it when its between two consenting adults that don't have the same equipment. And even then only it is pure bliss.;) Which it often is if one picks the right partner to tango with IMHO. At least has been from my experience. Of course I was a very selective guy and never just went in for scraps like many guys I knew. Quality over quantity and ability over image. A kind and beautiful woman is worth far more than her weight in diamonds and gold.. No reason not to have the beauty and the kindness both. I was a slow learner and only got it right the third time ...;) --Tyr

jimnyc
03-09-2014, 07:47 AM
Admittedly, I use the F word, as a way of showing anger and contempt though. VERY rarely will I use that word, if ever, in a sexual way. It's always F that or F you or similar. Same with the despised P word which I rarely use, but if REAL angry, I've been known to call another guy the name in a way of pissing him off. Again, I try not to ever use it in a sexual way. And certainly don't use any of the above in a sexual way in a place such as this board, where it will disrespect the ladies. I'm sure many don't want to hear certain words at all, but I still believe context counts a bit. I think seeing a spider and saying "F that, no way I go near that Fing spider!" - is much different than saying something about wanting to do something to a woman. Same word, but the usage can be MUCH different.

Abbey Marie
03-09-2014, 09:07 AM
I used to work with a guy who liked to say "F*** me", in place of "F*** you", to someone he was mad at. His theory was, why wish the fun on someone else. Classy...

Said1
03-09-2014, 11:12 AM
What about Meathead? Without Meathead to challenge Arche's outdated views, the show would have been nothing but Archie babbling and ordering the Dingbat around. And Archie did come around a lot of times, remember the cross dresser?

jimnyc
03-09-2014, 01:41 PM
What about Meathead? Without Meathead to challenge Arche's outdated views, the show would have been nothing but Archie babbling and ordering the Dingbat around. And Archie did come around a lot of times, remember the cross dresser?

Meathead was a fitting name for him, him and Gloria came off as looney left liberals. Nonetheless, you're spot on, as some of their exchanges made that show. I don't recall a cross dresser though (and maybe glad! LOL)

Said1
03-09-2014, 02:23 PM
Meathead was a fitting name for him, him and Gloria came off as looney left liberals. Nonetheless, you're spot on, as some of their exchanges made that show. I don't recall a cross dresser though (and maybe glad! LOL)

Probably of my favorite episodes. Beverly dies in another episode where him and Michael get jumped (hate crime sort of thing) and Edith really takes it hard, questions her faith and so forth. I always thought the brilliance of the Dingbat's character was underestimated - she was always the voice of reason, never judged anyone and loved everyone regardless.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/aTCas7UcidA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

jimnyc
03-09-2014, 02:44 PM
That was hilarious, and Archie was nice about all of it than I had thought he would be! :)

"These guys in here, they ain't liberal thinkers like you and me"

"And if you're in a hurry, feel free to leave"

aboutime
03-09-2014, 03:04 PM
"You ain't got no accent at all!" Great stuff, and fantastic comedy. Long gone to Political Correctness.

Sad thing was...in a later show. Edith had to deal with the death as well. TV at it's best.

Perianne
04-14-2015, 07:22 PM

Am I still an outsider, or one of the group?

indago
04-14-2015, 10:25 PM

I think everybody who posts here is part of "the group".

jimnyc
04-15-2015, 06:25 AM

I think everybody who posts here is part of "the group".

I'd say that someone who consistently returns here...

Of course you guys are part of our group. :)

Jeff
04-15-2015, 06:40 AM

One of the group sure enough !!!

And for the record Jim is still a Ni**er :laugh:

Gunny
04-21-2015, 05:19 PM

I used to get called nigga a lot playing basketball. I took it as a compliment since I was usually whooping their asses. :laugh:

LongTermGuy
04-21-2015, 07:04 PM
I used to get called nigga a lot playing basketball. I took it as a compliment since I was usually whooping their asses. :laugh:

Understand:laugh:....Hey white boy...you aint the only one that's been called that!:dance:

Truth Detector
09-09-2015, 01:51 AM

Ironically, the two main characters are the biggest LibTARDS on the planet.

It was a show that was intended to portray old fat white guys as being stupid. LibTARDS still religiously believe that show..... Yes, they really are THAT Fing dumb.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
09-09-2015, 08:46 AM
Understand:laugh:....Hey white boy...you aint the only one that's been called that!:dance:
When a young man and gambling I often went to black side of town into their juke joints to shoot pool for money.
I heard many times some of the blacks say after I had won lots of money, "that nigga there can shoot"! I took no offense, so why should they If we say nigga?
I even heard--"that damn honkey can shoot"!
In both examples they were speaking of me winning so much money..
Strange how back in the 70's going into places like that was far less dangerous than NOW just walking into a reputable store in predominately black areas is!
AND TRUST, THEY ALL PRETTY MUCH WENT HEALED IN THOSE JOINTS BACK THEN, WITH ME NOTHING BUT A LEGAL POCKET KNIFE....
Yes, I was mean as a snake, a bit crazy and lucky as hell methinks. -Tyr