PDA

View Full Version : Russia approves use of military in Ukraine

jimnyc
03-01-2014, 11:39 AM
Can't wait to see how Obama responds! Putin laughed as I said he would and brought back the ambassador in Washington as a result. Obama's red lines are a joke, but we'll see.

But anyway, shit is going to get much more serious over there now, as if it weren't already.

KIEV, Ukraine (AP) — Russia's parliament approved a motion to use the country's military in Ukraine after a request from President Vladimir Putin as protests in Russian-speaking cities turned violent Saturday, sparking fears of a wide-scale invasion.

The motion follows President Barack Obama's warning Friday "there will be costs" if Russia intervenes militarily, sharply raising the stakes in the conflict over Ukraine's future and evoking memories of Cold War brinkmanship.

"I'm submitting a request for using the armed forces of the Russian Federation on the territory of Ukraine pending the normalization of the socio-political situation in that country," Putin said in his request sent to parliament.

Russia's upper house also recommended that Moscow recalls its ambassador from Washington over Obama's comments.

Ukraine had already accused Russia on Friday of a "military invasion and occupation" in the strategic peninsula of Crimea where Russia's Black Sea fleet is based. Ukrainian Prime Minister Arseny Yatsenyuk called on Moscow "to recall their forces, and to return them to their stations," according to the Interfax news agency. "Russian partners, stop provoking civil and military resistance in Ukraine."

The crisis was sparked when Ukraine's deposed president, Victor Yanukovych, ditched a deal for closer ties to the European Union and instead turned toward Moscow. Months of protests followed, culminating in security forces killing dozens of protesters and Yanukovych fleeing to Russia.

Rest here - http://news.yahoo.com/russia-approves-military-ukraine-162315025.html

WiccanLiberal
03-01-2014, 04:31 PM
By some accounts I have seen the approval is strictly a formality. Apparently Russian troops are already on the ground, backed by locals in sympathy with Russia. It's beginning to appear as if Russia wishes to annex the area.

Voted4Reagan
03-01-2014, 04:48 PM
The Bear is Hungry again.....

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
03-01-2014, 04:53 PM
Powers are starting to take territory just like I stated they would a couple years ago when I pointed out Obama's weakening our military and agenda to remove this nation's power. Now Obama has proven he is weak and cowardly too. His foreign policy has been a complete disaster that has set up back decades in its stupidity. He concentrated on giving the Muslims what they wanted in M.E. , Iran its nukes and the rest their Caliphate. Only Russia aiding Syria stopped that process, Syria is a necessary part of the prophesied Islamic Caliphate. China made the moves I predicted they would too. Nature abhors a vacuum and so does military world power. bamscum gave the vacuum and now they are moving to fill it. What we get for putting a "community communist organizer" in charge and thinking him a genius. He is no match for Putin or just about any other nation's leader alive today. He is an arrogant egotistical fool IMHO. Dumbass believed his own false media created image.-Tyr

jafar00
03-01-2014, 06:17 PM
The anti Russian side believed the recent revolution was set up by the pro Russian side. Now it looks like they were right about that.

This could be very messy. Obama should stay out of this or it could spark off something rather more serious.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc1/t1/s403x403/1912298_597382300345425_415200319_n.jpg

03-02-2014, 12:16 AM
This is how it begins. We are a world at war.

But I see the light in the distance. It will be glorious.

Gaffer
03-06-2014, 01:17 PM
Words to remember. "I'll have more flexibility after the election."

Nothing is going to be done about the Ukraine.