PDA

View Full Version : Matthew McConaughey Speech at Oscars

jimnyc
03-03-2014, 07:43 PM
He's making an acceptance speech and has the audacity to thank God! I liked his speech. Some on twitter did not. Here are the opening comments of the article and the video. You can click on the link to read the twitter comments.

Actor Matthew McConaughey surprised Oscar viewers with an impassioned acceptance speech for his best actor win Sunday night — an address during which he thanked God and said that the blessings in his life have come from the Almighty and not from any “human hand.”

After thanking his fellow cast and crew, McConaughey, who won for his role as AIDS patient Ron Woodroof in “Dallas Buyers Club,” told the audience that he has three things he needs each day: something to look up to, something to look forward to and someone to chase.

It was his comments about who he looks up to, though, that captured the most attention.

“First off, I want to thank God, because that’s who I look up to. He has graced my life with opportunities that I know are not of my hand or of any other human hand,” McConaughey said. “He has shown me that … it’s a scientific fact that gratitude reciprocates. In the words of the late Charlie Laughton who said, ‘When you’ve got God you’ve got a friend — and that friend is you.’”

He also thanked his mother, wife and family. Watch the acceptance speech below:

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/ea1d_WznLfk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/03/03/actor-delivers-impassioned-oscar-acceptance-speech-about-god-not-of-my-hand-or-of-any-other-human-hand/

aboutime
03-03-2014, 08:22 PM
We didn't watch the program, so everything we have been hearing has been in the news, or here on the Internet.

After hearing what McConaughey said.

We should all expect HIM to be the FIRST, in a series of NEW BLACK LISTED members of the Hollyweird Community.

Bet he'll never be invited to sit and have a Beer with OBAMA.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
03-03-2014, 08:41 PM
He's making an acceptance speech and has the audacity to thank God! I liked his speech. Some on twitter did not. Here are the opening comments of the article and the video. You can click on the link to read the twitter comments.

Actor Matthew McConaughey surprised Oscar viewers with an impassioned acceptance speech for his best actor win Sunday night — an address during which he thanked God and said that the blessings in his life have come from the Almighty and not from any “human hand.”

After thanking his fellow cast and crew, McConaughey, who won for his role as AIDS patient Ron Woodroof in “Dallas Buyers Club,” told the audience that he has three things he needs each day: something to look up to, something to look forward to and someone to chase.

It was his comments about who he looks up to, though, that captured the most attention.

“First off, I want to thank God, because that’s who I look up to. He has graced my life with opportunities that I know are not of my hand or of any other human hand,” McConaughey said. “He has shown me that … it’s a scientific fact that gratitude reciprocates. In the words of the late Charlie Laughton who said, ‘When you’ve got God you’ve got a friend — and that friend is you.’”

He also thanked his mother, wife and family. Watch the acceptance speech below:

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/ea1d_WznLfk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/03/03/actor-delivers-impassioned-oscar-acceptance-speech-about-god-not-of-my-hand-or-of-any-other-human-hand/ I've said this about others even some here. That guy has his head screwed on straight! :beer: A favorite saying of two of my old friends from long ago= both were military war veterans one fought in Korea the other in Vietnam.. Two men I found to be both courageous and honorable. And yes I KNOW they both had their heads screwed on straight too! Both told me that they knew God brought them back home alive . And they had no doubts about that. --Tyr

darin
03-06-2014, 07:30 AM
And he has killer abs.

Did y'all know he lives in a trailer park a few weeks of every year - or at least he did prior to family. He did that to re-connect. :)