PDA

View Full Version : Meanwhile, across the river in NJ...

Abbey Marie
03-04-2014, 04:37 PM
Girls sues parents to force them to pay for college. And after she moved out of their home, no less. We gladly paid for our daughter's college. But I resist the idea that we can be forced to do it. I took out loans for college and law school, and so can this young lady. What do you all think?

LINCOLN PARK, N.J. - March 4, 2014 (WPVI) -- A northern New Jersey honor student is suing her parents for financial support and to force them to pay for her college.
A judge in Morristown has scheduled a hearing Tuesday in the lawsuit filed by 18-year-old Rachel Canning.

Canning claims her parents threw her out of their Lincoln Park home when she turned 18.

Canning's father, retired Lincoln Park police Chief Sean Canning, tells The Daily Record of Parsippany that his daughter voluntarily left home in October because she didn't want to abide by reasonable household rules, such as being respectful, keeping a curfew and doing some chores.

Rest of story: http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?section=news/trending&id=9452568

Jeff
03-04-2014, 05:07 PM
I was always taught nothing is just giving to you in life, when my younger boys are of College age I will help at that point if I can but I sure as hell don't feel like I have to. If you had to why are there so many different scholarships, I mean whats next, when you start working they will start with your first check taking money out in case you have kids that want to go on to college ( Dam I probably just gave Obama a new Tax Idea )

Trigg
03-04-2014, 05:10 PM
darn I just posted the same article.

sorry

Jeff
03-04-2014, 05:15 PM
darn I just posted the same article.

sorry

Trigg I do it quite often, I hate to do it but it isn't that hard to do :laugh: at least not for me