PDA

View Full Version : Settled on a name, and now that temps are above 0, construction in barn started!

KitchenKitten99
03-05-2014, 02:11 PM
Zanzibar Creek Stables

12 Tack lockers - the back boards were scrap boards that were just left in the barn. They appear to have been cupboards or storage cabinets of some kind. They will work perfect to anchor saddle racks to them so I just re-purposed them.

Also, since I was able to obtain this property via unusual means and divine intervention was obviously involved, I plan on using it to give back to the community. This means I am going to offer Equine Therapy programs to military members and their families at little or no charge, as well as therapy programs for special needs kids and underprivileged kids in our neighborhood, specifically our church family. I can get the boarding stables portion up and going on our own financially, but due to the expense of equipment needed for the therapy part, as well as obtaining horses themselves that are of a training and temperament that would handle various disabilities and other equipment, I need a little help. Kickstarter is more for people doing creative arts and such, so I found RocketHub would help.

Here is my link to the project: http://www.rockethub.com/<wbr>projects/40643-zanzibar-creek-<wbr>stables (http://www.rockethub.com/projects/40643-zanzibar-creek-stables)

jimnyc
03-05-2014, 02:14 PM
Very cool, and I dig the name! But we need more pictures of the cute little horsies and less of shelves! :)

aboutime
03-05-2014, 02:20 PM
Congratulations! Best of luck with your DREAM!

KitchenKitten99
03-05-2014, 02:47 PM
I only have pics of my mare and my husband's gelding. No boarders yet, but will in May. Already have one signing on and her friend will likely move over with her and she has two horses.

Views from the house. The first is facing west, with a view of the lake behind the trees, second is facing south which is much of our pasture.

First horse is Tristan, my husband's gelding. Most here have already seen pics of Tink but I put them here anyway. :)

jimnyc
03-05-2014, 02:50 PM
Is that the view out of your house? What an awesome view, and no neighbors but a farm house off in the distance. Love it!! The horses are awesome, I don't recall seeing them before, but I am like 1/4 brain dead I think.

KitchenKitten99
03-05-2014, 05:30 PM
Is that the view out of your house? What an awesome view, and no neighbors but a farm house off in the distance. Love it!! The horses are awesome, I don't recall seeing them before, but I am like 1/4 brain dead I think.

Actually we do have neighbors, but they are not right-next-door-close. The south facing pic doesn't show the house that is actually at the bottom of the hill, and the one facing the lake doesn't show the house that is off to the right. They're just farther away than would be in a regular suburban developed neighborhood.

Nice part is that all the shopping and restaurants we want to go to are 15 minutes or less away. Kind of the last real farming town within a growing metro area.

KitchenKitten99
03-05-2014, 05:55 PM
Sunrise and sunset pics...

Voted4Reagan
03-05-2014, 06:50 PM
http://youtu.be/4ot2PCwGF-s

Jeff
03-06-2014, 08:36 AM
Congrats and Best of Luck to ya, the pictures are beautiful.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
03-06-2014, 09:01 AM
Congratulations on your successful venture. :beer:--Tyr