PDA

View Full Version : Foreign wedding traditions can be fun

gabosaurus
03-06-2014, 09:40 PM
My former college roommate is finally giving up her vows of singleness and getting married this summer. Much to the delight of her mom, who had almost given up on her 30-year-old daughter.
Since both she and her intended are from well placed Italian families, it will be a quite huge social event. Which means it has to be done right and done big. Currently they are arguing on (of all things) the wedding date.
The groom's family want it to be in June, which is the height of the social season in Italy. The bride's family are dedicated football fans and refuse to do anything during the World Cup. They want early August. Which proper Italians consider bad luck for some reason.
Being that the only thing more stubborn than an Italian mom is another Italian mom, I can't wait to see what happens next. :cool:

This is quite different the weddings in my family, where the brides dictated everything and the dad just shelled out the cash.

Voted4Reagan
03-07-2014, 06:52 AM
Attending a wedding for members of the 1% Gabby?

Well....at least you'll know the food will be good... as you wash it down with fine wine and Champagne.

what an elitist...

:lol::slap::lol:

Nukeman
03-07-2014, 09:07 AM
My former college roommate is finally giving up her vows of singleness and getting married this summer. Much to the delight of her mom, who had almost given up on her 30-year-old daughter.
Since both she and her intended are from well placed Italian families, it will be a quite huge social event. Which means it has to be done right and done big. Currently they are arguing on (of all things) the wedding date.
The groom's family want it to be in June, which is the height of the social season in Italy. The bride's family are dedicated football fans and refuse to do anything during the World Cup. They want early August. Which proper Italians consider bad luck for some reason.
Being that the only thing more stubborn than an Italian mom is another Italian mom, I can't wait to see what happens next. :cool:

This is quite different the weddings in my family, where the brides dictated everything and the dad just shelled out the cash.
Personally I love big weddings. My family is huge and we always have a great turnout for ours. Have a great time (when it finally gets set up). Are they getting married in the states or in Italy? One of my employees was married 2 years ago in a HUGE Italian wedding and the wine was unbelievable.. Great food/atmosphere/gathering. Nothing like big families to honor the bride and groom.

Attending a wedding for members of the 1% Gabby?

Well....at least you'll know the food will be good... as you wash it down with fine wine and Champagne.

what an elitist...

:lol::slap::lol:Just exactly where did you pull that out of from her statements?? Some of you on here do nothing but look to insult others and cry like a f***ing baby when someone puts you in your place.. Get over it and "Lighten Up Francis".

You don't have to be a d**k to everything Gabs post!! YOU do know that don't you!?!?!?!?:poke:

Kathianne
03-07-2014, 10:00 AM

Good to see you back, Gabby! I agree, nothing like 'ethnic' weddings.

gabosaurus
03-07-2014, 10:31 AM
The wedding will be in Milan. Where Italians are free to be Italians.
And yes, it will be an elitist 1 percent affair. Commoners will be considered, providing they are not Inter fans. Juventus supporters need not apply.

Abbey Marie
03-07-2014, 10:56 AM

Sounds like it will be a great time, whenever they decide to have it. I wonder who will win the date decision? We are so used to the bride's family having their way.

Are you attending? If so, you have an excuse to buy a very nice dress, and a killer pair of shoes. :cool: