PDA

View Full Version : Live Feed of News: Malaysia Airlines Crash

jafar00
03-08-2014, 03:12 AM
If you haven't already heard, it looks likely a Malaysian Airlines plane carrying 227 passengers and 12 crew has crashed.

Live feed of news at http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/mar/08/malaysian-airlines-plane-live

Pray for them and their families.

jimnyc
03-09-2014, 07:34 AM
I've been following this since mid-day yesterday. They still can't locate the plane. They have found 2 miles long oil slicks, but can't confirm as of yet whether they are related to the plane. What concerns me is that 2 passengers boarded, and they aren't who they say they were - as the passports they used were stolen. It's nothing as of yet, but certainly of concern.

I have to ask, would passengers with stolen passports have made it onto a plane in the USA? Were they reported stolen? If so, did security drop the ball? Even if not terrorists, they still should have been caught when trying to use them.

Either way, it's obvious by now that this plane isn't going to land, and that all passengers are lost. One was a child from America. Half the passengers were from China, but the rest are broken up from places around the world.

Abbey Marie
03-09-2014, 09:09 AM
I've been following this since mid-day yesterday. They still can't locate the plane. They have found 2 miles long oil slicks, but can't confirm as of yet whether they are related to the plane. What concerns me is that 2 passengers boarded, and they aren't who they say they were - as the passports they used were stolen. It's nothing as of yet, but certainly of concern.

I have to ask, would passengers with stolen passports have made it onto a plane in the USA? Were they reported stolen? If so, did security drop the ball? Even if not terrorists, they still should have been caught when trying to use them.

Either way, it's obvious by now that this plane isn't going to land, and that all passengers are lost. One was a child from America. Half the passengers were from China, but the rest are broken up from places around the world.

But... I thought the TSA doesn't actually prevent hijackings?