PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone herd of the Icebox? It looks like an awesome system!

nevadamedic
06-18-2007, 03:35 AM
This looks awesome, it seems like a great idea!

Here is the discription,

Ultimate Kitchen Entertainment Center!

Stuck in the kitchen keeping an eye on the oven? Trying to keep on top of the news while making breakfast? Why settle for just a TV when you can have an iCEBOX? With the iCEBOX Flipscreen, you can watch TV, listen to FM radio, browse the Internet, play DVDs and CDs, check your email and monitor other areas of your home, all from the convenience of your kitchen!

This iCEBOX fits neatly under standard kitchen cabinets, sliding into a sturdy mounting bracket and features a 12.1-inch LCD that flips up and out of the way when not in use! The iCEBOX brings theater-like video and audio to the kitchen with a fully integrated progressive scan DVD player that also plays CDs! Listen to your favorite radio shows with the FM tuner and watch TV with the built-in cable ready tuner!

The iCEBOX brings home video monitoring, and peace of mind, to the kitchen. Simply attach your video camera to the iCEBOX and you can monitor from any room in the house. A 10/100Base FastEthernet PC Card is included for high speed Internet connection and two USB ports to connect a digital camera, camcorder, flash drive and more!

Finally, Internet access in the kitchen!! Send an email while you're waiting for the water to boil or check out local traffic before heading out the door! Plus, it includes a washable and wireless keyboard and remote control. That's correct, it's washable!! Both can be washed with a mild detergent and water and then rinsed under the kitchen faucet!

Specs,

Black design
12.1-inch TFT LCD screen
Touch screen with stylus
Television
DVD and CD player
Internet
FM Radio
Home Video Monitoring
800 x 600 pixels
160-degree viewing angle
400:1 constrast ratio
350 cd/m2 brightness
Two (2) USB ports located at bottom
10 watt per channel speakers
Impedance: 4 Ohms
Beyond appliance connectivity
Washable, wireless remote and keyboard
Installs under the cabinet

Software/Hardware:
Windows CE.NET
AMD CPU S3200
Intenet Explorer 5.5
Macromedia Flash v6.0

Supported Media:
DVD
CD-DA (audio CD)
MP3

Front Panel Features:
DVD/CD tray
Power
Options
Mute
Volume +/-
Channel +/-
Play/Pause
Eject

Rear Panel Features:
Dual PCMCIA slots
TV in
FM antenna
Aux 1 (9-pin serial port)
SANI card (for Beyond Applicance Connectivity, see link below)
S-Video
Video in
Audio in/out
Power button

Power Specifications:
100 - 240 V, 50/60 Hz, 1.5A, 93 W max

Unit Dimensions:
3.875 x 23.625 x 10.8125-inches (H x W x D)
Weight: 24 lbs.

Regulatory Approvals:
FCC
CE
cULus

Package Includes:
iCEBOX 12.1-inch Flipscreen Kitchen Entertainment Center
Quick Start
Manual
Remote and keyboard guide
Two (2) Stylus
Wireless Keyboard with 2 AA batteries
Remote control w/2 AAA batteries
10/100Base FastEthernet PC Card
Right angle "F" coax connector
Antenna
AC power cord
Flipscreen installation manual
Mounting template

Additional Information:

Notes:
Model: WBIBFS4B
UPC: 0 82846 55063 5

Product Requirements:
Satellite or digital cable TV
Digital camera, camcorder, video game console
DSL/Cable modem
Ethernet port
Available USB devices including printers, scanners, flash drives etc.
Available power outlet
Under the cabinet to mount iCEBOX (mounting screws not included

I found it on a website I always buy from for only $449.99 brand new! Does anyone have any expierence with this product? I am thinking about getting it.

Abbey Marie
06-18-2007, 07:53 AM
Not a bad price. I like it. I can slap down relative moralism and cook grilled cheese at the same time. :)

Sitarro
06-18-2007, 09:18 AM
And yet another company trying to ride the Apple wave by using a lower case i at the front of their name. How about just enjoying the act of cooking. Isn't it bad enough that nobody can drive a car anymore without a cellphone glued to their ear and a DVD playing for the kids to keep their mouths shut and stunt their creativity. What has happened to our society when a radio in the kitchen isn't enough, you have to be able to access your emails while frying an egg. One more thing to suck energy, one more thing to keep you away from your inner thoughts, one more distraction to help you burn the food you are trying to cook.

If you are looking for a way to throw away 500 dollars, why don't you go up to a kid that is riding a crappy bike and buy him a new one(at least he isn't sitting in front of a TV playing video games).

Other than that I think it's a great idea if that is what you want..... go for it.:slap::laugh2:

nevadamedic
06-18-2007, 03:03 PM
Not a bad price. I like it. I can slap down relative moralism and cook grilled cheese at the same time. :)

Or watch DVD, Television(Built in tuner) or listen to the radio.

Abbey Marie
06-18-2007, 03:39 PM
And yet another company trying to ride the Apple wave by using a lower case i at the front of their name. How about just enjoying the act of cooking. Isn't it bad enough that nobody can drive a car anymore without a cellphone glued to their ear and a DVD playing for the kids to keep their mouths shut and stunt their creativity. What has happened to our society when a radio in the kitchen isn't enough, you have to be able to access your emails while frying an egg. One more thing to suck energy, one more thing to keep you away from your inner thoughts, one more distraction to help you burn the food you are trying to cook.

If you are looking for a way to throw away 500 dollars, why don't you go up to a kid that is riding a crappy bike and buy him a new one(at least he isn't sitting in front of a TV playing video games).

Other than that I think it's a great idea if that is what you want..... go for it.:slap::laugh2:

Sorry- I don't enjoy cooking all that much. Sometimes it's fun, but usually it's just something I have to do for my family. A distraction works great for me! Unless my husband cooks with me, and we have a glass of wine or a beer while cooking; then it can be kinda fun.

Sitarro
06-18-2007, 06:58 PM
Sorry- I don't enjoy cooking all that much. Sometimes it's fun, but usually it's just something I have to do for my family. A distraction works great for me! Unless my husband cooks with me, and we have a glass of wine or a beer while cooking; then it can be kinda fun.

OK:coffee:

nevadamedic
06-18-2007, 09:59 PM

I can give you the website if you want to look at it.