PDA

View Full Version : I hate Taco Bell

jimnyc
03-08-2014, 07:02 PM
But not for what you would think.

They have these "Freezes" as they call them. Just damn Slurpees is all they are. Anyway, I had a sweet tooth, and convinced myself it was better for me than regular soda. But at least a regular soda doesn't give you the damn brain freeze. I'd swear that someone jabbed a sword through the side of my head. I wanted to go throw my drink at the young guy behind the counter, but he wasn't the reason for me wanting to die for about 14 seconds.

I've heard tons of ways to help prevent this from happening or how to make it stop if it starts. No way, none work. It just seems like if you dare drink one, it's an included price you must pay. I had my first brain freeze when I was a kid, with likely my first Slurpee. And then every single one after that. Then the same thing with every damn frozen drink I get everywhere now. And I still order them.

Good stuff though! Mine was a 'Baja Blast' freeze. :laugh:

Abbey Marie
03-08-2014, 07:41 PM
The reason my Margaritas are always "on the rocks".

Voted4Reagan
03-08-2014, 08:13 PM
Dont want a Brain-Freeze? Dont drink them!!

In the words of Marcus Aurelius... DUMBASS!!

jafar00
03-08-2014, 08:35 PM
Just don't get them. I'm quite sure all that excess sugar is doing more to your brain than freezing it. Remember that link I sent you in PM? :)

jafar00
03-08-2014, 08:37 PM
Oh an alternative could be this..

Freeze some strawberries. Whiz them up in the blender with some heavy cream and sweetener (stevia based is best but you can use Splenda safely). Add a bit of water if needed.

Enjoy! Far superior to that slushy trash.

aboutime
03-08-2014, 09:45 PM
Ah, Taco Bell. The new California T elephone System connected to Congress, and the White House.

Ole'..... http://icansayit.com/images/jose.jpg "On dee steek!

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
03-08-2014, 10:15 PM
But not for what you would think.

They have these "Freezes" as they call them. Just damn Slurpees is all they are. Anyway, I had a sweet tooth, and convinced myself it was better for me than regular soda. But at least a regular soda doesn't give you the damn brain freeze. I'd swear that someone jabbed a sword through the side of my head. I wanted to go throw my drink at the young guy behind the counter, but he wasn't the reason for me wanting to die for about 14 seconds.

I've heard tons of ways to help prevent this from happening or how to make it stop if it starts. No way, none work. It just seems like if you dare drink one, it's an included price you must pay. I had my first brain freeze when I was a kid, with likely my first Slurpee. And then every single one after that. Then the same thing with every damn frozen drink I get everywhere now. And I still order them.

Good stuff though! Mine was a 'Baja Blast' freeze. :laugh: Haven't bothered to try to eat one in over twenty years now. I do however still remember the last brain freeze I got. That SOB was worse that an earache and toothache combined. Freeze only lasted for about 30 seconds but the damn headache last for another 5 hours! I swore never again and kept that vow. -Tyr

Gaffer
03-11-2014, 05:34 PM
First, take a small sip of the drink. It s the roof of your mouth time to adjust to the cold. After that you won't have a problem with it. It's the cold drink hitting the roof of your mouth that causes that.

gabosaurus
03-11-2014, 06:17 PM
As long as you don't eat Taco Bell food, you are OK. As I personally can't bring myself to go near the place, I will stick to Slurpees.

SassyLady
03-12-2014, 01:58 AM
I go through the drive through every Wednesday and get two orders of their Cinnabon Delights and two milks! That's my treat between playing Pinochle at the Senior Center and bowling!

Jeff
03-12-2014, 06:59 AM
Just don't get them. I'm quite sure all that excess sugar is doing more to your brain than freezing it. Remember that link I sent you in PM? :)

Dam Jim and jafar have something going on in PM ? Jim you Horny bast*** :laugh: