PDA

View Full Version : An email I just got on Gay Rights.

nevadamedic
06-18-2007, 03:43 AM
Which of these warnings comes from the U.S. Surgeon General?

A. "Smoking causes lung cancer."
B. "Women should not drink alcoholic beverages during pregnancy."
C. "Gay activity is unnatural and unhealthy."

If President Bush has his way, ALL OF THE ABOVE might soon be the answer. His recent nomination of Dr. James Holsinger as America's top doctor flies in the face of science, medicine - and our nation's health.

Send a message to your Senators today, telling them to vote NO on Holsinger's nomination.

How can we trust Holsinger to be America's top doctor, when his resume looks like this:
In 1991 used basic plumbing analogies to write a "scientific and medical" paper arguing that homosexuality is unnatural and dangerous.
Founded the Hope Springs Community Church, which reportedly has a special program to "cure" gays from "that lifestyle."
Past writings indicate that he views sexual orientation as a "lifestyle choice." This could not be further from the view held by mainstream medical or scientific organizations.
James Holsinger's record seems to demonstrate that he is uninterested in the best scientific information available; instead, he allows his anti-gay bias to inform his medical judgments. What will he do if he's given the title of Surgeon General?

Help protect GLBT health by writing your Senators today.

Countless organizations have already voiced their outrage at Holsinger's nomination. Help turn it into a national outcry, by taking action today – and when you're done, PLEASE forward this message on to friends and family.

The Surgeon General is charged with protecting America's health. That doesn't mean some Americans, or not those Americans. It means all Americans.

stephanie
06-18-2007, 04:17 AM
Well........

Let's see......we had Bj Clinton's Surgeon General...Joycelyn Elders..

Who wanted to teach all children about masturbating...

So.... I can see why they would object to this Surgeon General...:uhoh:

diuretic
06-18-2007, 06:56 AM
Well........

Let's see......we had Bj Clinton's Surgeon General...Joycelyn Elders..

Who wanted to teach all children about masturbating...

So.... I can see why they would object to this Surgeon General...:uhoh:

Actually as a kid I found discovery learning* to be a great way to learn about masturbation. "What's this for? Well look at that, it ain't just for peeing!"

This bloke sounds like he's got an issue with homosexuals. Not the kind of person I'd like in charge of public health issues. Not because of his issues with gays but because I'd be worried about him focusing entirely on gays and forgetting everything else.

*Meredith Belbin in the UK did some very interesting work about discovery learning among adults - he used the example of a man learning chess in one experiment I saw on film, glad he didn't use my example or the potential Surgeon General would have had a head explosion I suppose.

stephanie
06-18-2007, 07:24 AM
Actually as a kid I found discovery learning* to be a great way to learn about masturbation. "What's this for? Well look at that, it ain't just for peeing!"

This bloke sounds like he's got an issue with homosexuals. Not the kind of person I'd like in charge of public health issues. Not because of his issues with gays but because I'd be worried about him focusing entirely on gays and forgetting everything else.

*Meredith Belbin in the UK did some very interesting work about discovery learning among adults - he used the example of a man learning chess in one experiment I saw on film, glad he didn't use my example or the potential Surgeon General would have had a head explosion I suppose.

Sorry my dear...

But.. I have a 13 yrs old son, who is right now going through that puberty stage, and I don't need the state to teach him about playing with himself is all about..

I know what his is going through, and I will deal with it..
I do (NOT) find homosexual relations......as normal.....but I will also say...\
IF THAT IS WHAT THESE PEOPLE....(That, 5% of population want to do that), ok...
But, that doesn't mean, that I will tell him I think it is Normal, because........I don't believe it is......

You all teach your kids your way...
I will teach mine.........my way...:dance:

darin
06-18-2007, 07:40 AM

Every item there is Truth.

diuretic
06-18-2007, 07:40 AM
Jeez if the state had to teach anyone about masturbation I'd be wondering what was in the water :coffee: oh look bromide! *

I wouldn't teach a child that homosexuality was normal either. In the formative years that my stepson was with us the issue never came up. But we were both careful to not denigrate anyone because of their sexuality, even in casual conversation between ourselves. We did teach him about tolerance though - and not in a smug, "oh look at us aren't we so correct" manner either. He grew up to be a well-adjusted adult and that's about all anyone can ask for I suppose.

Anyway I still think the nomination stinks :laugh2:

*I know it's an urban myth but what the heck.

diuretic
06-18-2007, 07:41 AM
Every item there is Truth.

Some are statements of fact. One is a statement of opinion.

stephanie
06-18-2007, 07:50 AM
Jeez if the state had to teach anyone about masturbation I'd be wondering what was in the water :coffee: oh look bromide! *

I wouldn't teach a child that homosexuality was normal either. In the formative years that my stepson was with us the issue never came up. But we were both careful to not denigrate anyone because of their sexuality, even in casual conversation between ourselves. We did teach him about tolerance though - and not in a smug, "oh look at us aren't we so correct" manner either. He grew up to be a well-adjusted adult and that's about all anyone can ask for I suppose.

Anyway I still think the nomination stinks :laugh2:

*I know it's an urban myth but what the heck.

Sure....

GW in Ohio
06-18-2007, 08:42 AM
So Clinton had Joycelyn Elders as Surgeon General, who wanted to teach kids how to jerk off.

And Bush nominates a right-wing homophobic jerkoff as Surgeon General.

Which is worse?

darin
06-18-2007, 09:03 AM
Some are statements of fact. One is a statement of opinion.

You telling me smoking does not lead to cancer? I'm pretty sure Nazi Germany taught us that. Hrm.

Nukeman
06-18-2007, 09:07 AM
You telling me smoking does not lead to cancer? I'm pretty sure Nazi Germany taught us that. Hrm.
Actually I think he was refering to the pregnant women shouldn't drink...
The other 2 are dead on...

diuretic
06-18-2007, 09:19 AM

Nah, Nazi Germany taught us Zylon-B shouldn't be inhaled, I think it was in the 1950s that researchers pointed out the problems with tobacco.

darin
06-18-2007, 09:25 AM
Nah, Nazi Germany taught us Zylon-B shouldn't be inhaled, I think it was in the 1950s that researchers pointed out the problems with tobacco.

I'm very certain the first scientific tests linking Tobacco use (specifically smoking) and Cancer were conducted by Nazi Doctors/Scientists.

Pale Rider
06-18-2007, 09:27 AM
This bloke sounds like he's got an issue with homosexuals.
As do all the rest of the normal people in the world, which happens to be the vast majority.

Not the kind of person I'd like in charge of public health issues. Not because of his issues with gays but because I'd be worried about him focusing entirely on gays and forgetting everything else.
Why? Just because he's not afraid to speak the truth? Sounds like just the kind of guy I want, and I'd be willing to bet he gets wide spread support for being truthful.

But it's nothing you have to worry about anyway, down there in the land of flies.

Pale Rider
06-18-2007, 09:32 AM

If President Bush has his way, ALL OF THE ABOVE might soon be the answer. His recent nomination of Dr. James Holsinger as America's top doctor flies in the face of science, medicine - and our nation's health.

Send a message to your Senators today, telling them to vote NO on Holsinger's nomination.

I'm just happy to see something coming from bush that I agree with for a change. I think I'll send an email to my Senators telling them to SUPPORT this guy instead.

OCA
06-18-2007, 03:51 PM
So Clinton had Joycelyn Elders as Surgeon General, who wanted to teach kids how to jerk off.

And Bush nominates a right-wing homophobic jerkoff as Surgeon General.

Which is worse?

I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!! So predictably lazy, libs can't defeat his position so they call him a homophobe.....libs are uneducated obviously.

OCA
06-18-2007, 03:55 PM

Every single item is 100% truthful and accurate. Furthermore the author of this email out and out lies about choice, based upon what irrefuteable evidence does the scientific and medical communities have that queer is from birth? You have any Nevada? Because so far neither of those communities has anything but theory and supposition based on nothing.

Nevada you should be ashamed for lapping up tripe such as this.

darin
06-18-2007, 04:05 PM
Every single item is 100% truthful and accurate. Furthermore the author of this email out and out lies about choice, based upon what irrefuteable evidence does the scientific and medical communities have that queer is from birth? You have any Nevada? Because so far neither of those communities has anything but theory and supposition based on nothing.

Dude - it MUST be true because they keep saying it...over...and over...and over....

:-/

OCA
06-18-2007, 04:15 PM
Dude - it MUST be true because they keep saying it...over...and over...and over....

:-/

You see that is why I say that 80% of Americans are sheep. The media and others know this and know that if they keep pounding and pounding something out there that eventually it will be believed whether truth or no truth and they know that that 80% are lazy and won't even bother to do any research on what they are being told.......hence you have the attitudes today about Iraq, global warming etc. etc........only people aren't biting on the queer thing, in fact they are biting back.

nevadamedic
06-18-2007, 10:04 PM

actually if you read it, I didn't write this article, i just posted it as it was forwarded to me.

diuretic
06-19-2007, 04:19 AM
As do all the rest of the normal people in the world, which happens to be the vast majority.

"Normal" is a cultural phenomenon, it has nothing to do with majorities or minorities. What you consider normal someone living in the Kalahari Desert might see as abnormal.

Why? Just because he's not afraid to speak the truth? Sounds like just the kind of guy I want, and I'd be willing to bet he gets wide spread support for being truthful.

But it's nothing you have to worry about anyway, down there in the land of flies.

Is he speaking the "truth"? Or is he just putting out a statement revealing a personal prejudice?

Nice way of telling me it's none of my business because I'm not an American, but don't bother, I make my own choices on which posts I respond to.

diuretic
06-19-2007, 04:20 AM
I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!! So predictably lazy, libs can't defeat his position so they call him a homophobe.....libs are uneducated obviously.

I have to agree. I don't know if the man is a self-loathing repressed homosexual either. I dislike intensely the misuse of the term "homophobe".

Pale Rider
06-19-2007, 08:36 AM
"Normal" is a cultural phenomenon, it has nothing to do with majorities or minorities. What you consider normal someone living in the Kalahari Desert might see as abnormal.
Wrong, "normal," as in "the purpose of sex" is determined by "nature." And yes, it has everything to do with a "majority." Because most people ARE normal, making them the majority.

Is he speaking the "truth"? Or is he just putting out a statement revealing a personal prejudice?
There isn't anything in his statements that aren't pure, 100% fact.

Nice way of telling me it's none of my business because I'm not an American, but don't bother, I make my own choices on which posts I respond to.
I just find it odd the way you foreigners come onto an American message board, and then presume to tell us our own business. What's the point? You can't do anything about it anyway.

diuretic
06-19-2007, 09:41 PM
Wrong, "normal," as in "the purpose of sex" is determined by "nature." And yes, it has everything to do with a "majority." Because most people ARE normal, making them the majority.

Tied yourself up in knots there PR. "Normal" is a socially determined state. The purpose of sex isn't simply determined by nature at all. The human reproductive process is determined by biology. The social processes surrounding the process are normative, that is, they are socially constructed.

There isn't anything in his statements that aren't pure, 100% fact.

Crap, just because you think they're pure, doesn't make it so.

I just find it odd the way you foreigners come onto an American message board, and then presume to tell us our own business. What's the point? You can't do anything about it anyway.

No you don't, you just don't like someone else having a different point of view. You can blast your own countrypeople who differ with you by calling them names but for a foreigner there's the added appeal of telling them it's none of their business. Cut the bullshit PR, we're all big boys and we can be straight with each other. The fact is I understand how offensive it can be for anyone to be told by someone from another country what their country should be doing, in domestic affairs at least. That's why I rarely, if ever, post on the hot button topic of illegal immigration into the US. I have decided it's none of my business and I have decided I can't add anything useful to the debate and I have decided that my comments would be rightly interpreted as being unwanted. But I have also decided that the appointment of yet another Bush ideological crony to an important position was worthy of my involvement, so I decided I'd get into it.

As for I can't do anything about it anyway - doesn't fuss me, but someone can read my comments and they might appreciate the point.

manu1959
06-19-2007, 09:46 PM
Tied yourself up in knots there PR. "Normal" is a socially determined state. The purpose of sex isn't simply determined by nature at all. The human reproductive process is determined by biology. The social processes surrounding the process are normative, that is, they are socially constructed.

No you don't, you just don't like someone else having a different point of view. You can blast your own countrypeople who differ with you by calling them names but for a foreigner there's the added appeal of telling them it's none of their business. Cut the bullshit PR, we're all big boys and we can be straight with each other. The fact is I understand how offensive it can be for anyone to be told by someone from another country what their country should be doing, in domestic affairs at least. That's why I rarely, if ever, post on the hot button topic of illegal immigration into the US. I have decided it's none of my business and I have decided I can't add anything useful to the debate and I have decided that my comments would be rightly interpreted as being unwanted. But I have also decided that the appointment of yet another Bush ideological crony to an important position was worthy of my involvement, so I decided I'd get into it.

As for I can't do anything about it anyway - doesn't fuss me, but someone can read my comments and they might appreciate the point.

biologically what is the purpose of a penis? sperm? vagania? egg?

slappin clams or balls on soul spot is not the biological purpose.....

and illegal immigration is well illegal

Yurt
06-19-2007, 10:49 PM

damn dude, thought I'd heard it all...:D

manu1959
06-19-2007, 11:26 PM
damn dude, thought I'd heard it all...:D

bay area....what can i say......

Yurt
06-19-2007, 11:36 PM
bay area....what can i say......

tis true my northern neighbor, hey, might be moving to the monterey area

manu1959
06-19-2007, 11:48 PM
tis true my northern neighbor, hey, might be moving to the monterey area

montery area is pretty big.....doing the new shopping center at the old fort ord base....used to live there when my dad was an Lt. in the army

diuretic
06-20-2007, 05:20 AM

I once heard the penis described as "nature's first dual-purpose weapon".

Pale Rider
06-20-2007, 06:22 PM
Talk about gobbledee gook... shit... that right there is nothing more than a huge portion of liberal, bull shit, psycho babble.

A man, was/is/always will be, designed by "nature," to be 100% compatible/paired "sexually," with a "woman." There is NO MORE SPIN or BULL SHIT needed on that subject. Everything else said from this point on is twisting and hyperbole.

No... I just see the facts for what they are, the truth. You on the other hand want to distort things, and recreate the world and nature in your own perverted vision where men fuck other men up the ass, and then you call that NORMAL. :cuckoo:

No you don't, you just don't like someone else having a different point of view.
Bull shit. If I didn't like debate, I wouldn't be here. Think about it. I'm a member of "debatepolicy.com," and I've been with Jimmy on his boards for going on FOUR YEARS. Maybe it's YOU who doesn't like hearing opposing views.

You can blast your own countrypeople who differ with you by calling them names but for a foreigner there's the added appeal of telling them it's none of their business. Cut the bullshit PR, we're all big boys and we can be straight with each other. The fact is I understand how offensive it can be for anyone to be told by someone from another country what their country should be doing, in domestic affairs at least. That's why I rarely, if ever, post on the hot button topic of illegal immigration into the US. I have decided it's none of my business and I have decided I can't add anything useful to the debate and I have decided that my comments would be rightly interpreted as being unwanted. But I have also decided that the appointment of yet another Bush ideological crony to an important position was worthy of my involvement, so I decided I'd get into it.

No bull shit man, you're a foreigner. Plain and simple, and I'll say what ever it is I think fit to you. But just to make a point, "am I running my mouth about what goes on in YOUR country?" No. I don't even understand what the fuck you people are here for. Why aren't on a aussie board?

diuretic
06-20-2007, 10:07 PM
Talk about gobbledee gook... shit... that right there is nothing more than a huge portion of liberal, bull shit, psycho babble.

Got a point or is that the limit of your ability to make an argument? I can explain it to you in simple language though, if that would help.

A man, was/is/always will be, designed by "nature," to be 100% compatible/paired "sexually," with a "woman." There is NO MORE SPIN or BULL SHIT needed on that subject. Everything else said from this point on is twisting and hyperbole.

Again, no point, just hyperbole. Repeating yourself doesn’t bolster your argument.

No... I just see the facts for what they are, the truth. You on the other hand want to distort things, and recreate the world and nature in your own perverted vision where men fuck other men up the ass, and then you call that NORMAL.

No, I’m making a counter-point and avoiding personal attacks and hyperbole. You’re just attacking for the sake of it, not making a point in rebuttal, just slamming. But then you appear to have reached your limits so you lash out blindly. You seem to have a lot of anger in you.

Bull shit. If I didn't like debate, I wouldn't be here. Think about it. I'm a member of "debatepolicy.com," and I've been with Jimmy on his boards for going on FOUR YEARS. Maybe it's YOU who doesn't like hearing opposing views.

Given what I’ve read from you PR you haven’t got a clue what “debate” is. Here’s a clue, it’s not responding to a point with hysterical attacks on a fellow poster.

I like hearing opposing views when they’re expressed clearly and without insult. You seem to be unable to make a countering point without getting personal.

No bull shit man, you're a foreigner. Plain and simple, and I'll say what ever it is I think fit to you. But just to make a point, "am I running my mouth about what goes on in YOUR country?" No. I don't even understand what the fuck you people are here for. Why aren't on a aussie board?

How do you know I’m not? Jeez read your rubbish before you post it for crying out loud, you might save yourself some embarrassment. As for me posting here, until the owner says I’m not welcome because I’m not an American then I’ll keep posting here.