PDA

View Full Version : Use of Stolen Passports on Vanished Jet Raises Concern About Terrorism

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
03-11-2014, 09:39 PM
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-03-09/use-of-stolen-passports-spurs-terrorism-fears-over-vanished-jet.html
Use of Stolen Passports on Vanished Jet Raises Concern About Terrorism

By Rosalind Mathieson and Sharon Chen Mar 10, 2014 3:32 AM CT

The use of stolen passports by two passengers to board a Malaysian airliner that vanished over the South China Sea sends a “red flag” that terrorism may have played a part, according to security officials and analysts.

Groups such as al-Qaeda have sought to crash planes into oceans to cover up evidence, they said. A Singapore aircraft looking for the Malaysian Airline Boeing Co (BA) 777-200 today spotted what appears to be a life raft in the sea, with two ships sent to the area in the Gulf of Thailand to search for it, Vietnam officials said.

No evidence exists of terrorism at this point, said a U.S. official following the case who asked not to be identified because the investigation is in its early stages. Even so, terrorism needs to considered, said New York Republican Representative Peter King, who is a member of the House intelligence and Homeland Security committees.
“When you get the red flag of two passengers flying with stolen passports it could well be more than a coincidence,” King told Bloomberg Television. There needs to be a “full scrub” of everyone on the flight, and U.S. intelligence agencies are working with their counterparts in Asia, he said.

“It could well turn out just to have been a terrible accident,” King said. “We are not saying it’s terrorism, but we have to do everything we can to rule it out.”

The Malaysian Airline (MAS) System Bhd. plane, en route to Beijing from Kuala Lumpur, was carrying 239 people, including 153 Chinese passengers and three U.S. citizens. Nations searching for the plane had little to go on with no distress calls, emergency-beacon signals, bad weather or other signs why an airliner would lose touch in one of the safest phases of flight.

Investigators will probably consider the two passengers using fake passports “instant suspects” and seek to establish their identities, said John Magaw, a former administrator of the Transportation Security Administration and U.S. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.

“That raised huge red flags -- the stolen passports and the plane crashing over water,” said Magaw, who also was director of the U.S. Secret Service and is now a security consultant. Also the possibility that either one or both pilots decided to go Jihad looks strong right now because they now know the plane changed course, flew a few hundred miles and then disappeared. Could it have been deliberately flown into the sea? Answer is now, yes that is a possibility. That has happened in the past . An Egyptian airline case. They found the pilot went Jihad and crashed it deliberately. Notice how hard they try not to mention the T-WORD!! -Tyr

jafar00
03-11-2014, 10:53 PM
Sorry to disappoint you Tyr, but the terrorism speculation has all but been ruled out. The two Iranians with stolen passports were asylum seekers.

Malaysia Airlines passengers with stolen passports not terrorists: officials (http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/missing-malaysia-airlines-flight-man-stolen-passport-identified-iranian-asylum-seeker-article-1.1717414)
Also, Jihad. You don't know what it means so stop trying to use the word.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
03-12-2014, 07:55 AM
Sorry to disappoint you Tyr, but the terrorism speculation has all but been ruled out. The two Iranians with stolen passports were asylum seekers.

Malaysia Airlines passengers with stolen passports not terrorists: officials (http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/missing-malaysia-airlines-flight-man-stolen-passport-identified-iranian-asylum-seeker-article-1.1717414)
Also, Jihad. You don't know what it means so stop trying to use the word.

Bullshit Jafar, its only been speculated that they may have been asylum seekers. And that speculation was put out there to counter the possibility that they were muslim terrorists.

By the way , never think you get to tell me what words I can or can not use. Even more humorous is the fact that I have a better grasp of the true scope and ramifications of the word than you do!!

What authority has ruled out terrorism? You??? Simply can not be ruled out until they find the plane and find out why it went down! Here you are attempting to present your wishful thinking as reality/fact.

Would not disappoint me if it were not terrorist act. I am sadden anytime a plane goes down and people are killed and injured. So you can at least stop accusing me of cheering . -Tyr

jimnyc
03-12-2014, 10:19 AM
I'm not ruling out anything just yet. Who did they get this info from, the parents? Officials? These people don't even know which way the plane went yet and are even looking in 2 different countries for possible wreckage. I think I'll wait to see the full story, but exonerating people as of yet is a bit early. We don't know if it was a bomb, suicide, failure or anything really even close yet.

jafar00
03-12-2014, 07:23 PM
Bullshit Jafar, its only been speculated that they may have been asylum seekers. And that speculation was put out there to counter the possibility that they were muslim terrorists.

By the way , never think you get to tell me what words I can or can not use. Even more humorous is the fact that I have a better grasp of the true scope and ramifications of the word than you do!!

What authority has ruled out terrorism? You??? Simply can not be ruled out until they find the plane and find out why it went down! Here you are attempting to present your wishful thinking as reality/fact.

Would not disappoint me if it were not terrorist act. I am sadden anytime a plane goes down and people are killed and injured. So you can at least stop accusing me of cheering . -Tyr

If you bothered to research a little about that region, you would know that counterfeiting passports, money, brand name goods is widespread there. There is little unusual about these Iranians travelling on false documents.

http://www.themalaymailonline.com/malaysia/article/fake-ids-a-regional-woe-says-paper

I'm not ruling out anything just yet. Who did they get this info from, the parents? Officials? These people don't even know which way the plane went yet and are even looking in 2 different countries for possible wreckage. I think I'll wait to see the full story, but exonerating people as of yet is a bit early. We don't know if it was a bomb, suicide, failure or anything really even close yet.

It may have been a bomb, or may have not been. You are right to wait for the facts before jumping to conclusions like many have been. This is one of the aviation world's biggest mysteries.
Maybe that bad taste, ill timed tweet from that Malay politician is closer to the mark? The plane might as well have flown into the Bermuda Triangle because it has disappeared without a trace so far.
http://d.ibtimes.co.uk/en/full/1367368/opposition-politician-mohammad-nizar-jamaluddin-slammed-twitter-suggesting-that-there-new.jpg

aboutime
03-12-2014, 07:44 PM
Anyone happen to notice how jafar...even without honest facts, and only speculation....is defending Islamists (possible) or Muslim (possible)???????

Jafar sounds like Obama...telling Bill O'Reilly how the IRS hasn't done anything illegal...and declared them innocent while an investigation is...SUPPOSEDLY still going on????

jafar00
03-13-2014, 01:48 AM

Is Interpol, authority enough for you? :)

Two Iranians travelling on forged passports on the Malaysian Airways flight MH370, which has disappeared, had no links to terror, Interpol has revealed. (http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/mar/11/passengers-malaysian-plane-mh370-iranian-forged-passports)

Voted4Reagan
03-13-2014, 08:20 AM
The Two Iranians were heading to western Europe to ESCAPE the Mullahs.

They have no ties to terrorism and seem to just want freedom.

Dont jump to conclusions folks... I have to side with Jafar on this one.

jimnyc
03-13-2014, 08:24 AM
The Two Iranians were heading to western Europe to ESCAPE the Mullahs.

They have no ties to terrorism and seem to just want freedom.

Dont jump to conclusions folks... I have to side with Jafar on this one.

It does sound legit that they were bailing. I just don't think anything should be eliminated at this point, not until they know things for sure. I think having no warning whatsoever from the pilot is what is making everyone wonder the most. It's rare that such a plane would literally just disappear without a single communication. That leads others, and me, to believe it was likely an explosion. I suppose it could be a failure that had them go down, and took out communications somehow too, but I don't know. Plus, if a plane was falling from 35,000 feet, wouldn't that have been on the radar? Lots of question, and we may never have answers. Also, I think if it were terrorists, someone would have stood up to claim as much by now.

Gaffer
03-13-2014, 09:13 AM
I use to run radar in the Air Force. That plane would be tracked and its altitude, heading and speed monitored. The flight path is like a highway in the sky with constant monitoring of all the planes. If one deviates from the highway the controllers will know it right away. A change of heading without authorization would have been noted immediately by a controller. To me it's very suspicious.

namvet
03-18-2014, 10:37 AM
who knows ???

http://i57.tinypic.com/287matk.jpg

CSM
03-18-2014, 10:42 AM
who knows ???

http://i57.tinypic.com/287matk.jpg

Actually, I was thinking more along the lines of "Lost"