PDA

View Full Version : Sheila Jackson Lee says Constitution is 400 years old

jimnyc
03-13-2014, 08:11 AM
This woman irks me more than the usual crop of far left loonies. I like some democrats, as decent people. Some are just a little too far left for my liking, but whatever. But then you get a few special people, who are dumber than rocks. This woman has no business representing anyone, well... She's clueless as you can see, doesn't even know how old the COTUS is.

Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee, D-Texas, had an "oops" moment on the House floor, as seen in C-Span video.

The Houston representative declared the U.S. Constitution was some 400 years old.

Unfortunately, that's incorrect.

The Constitution was created in 1787 and ratified nearly a year later. Four hundred years ago, Jamestown, the first permanent English settlement in North America, was founded.

"Maybe I should offer a good thanks to the distinguished members of the majority, the Republicans, my chairman and others, for giving us an opportunity to have a deliberative constitutional discussion that reinforces the sanctity of this nation and how well it is that we have lasted some 400 years, operating under a Constitution that clearly defines what is constitutional and what is not," Lee said.

http://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas/article/Sheila-Jackson-Lee-says-Constitution-is-400-years-5312121.php

CSM
03-13-2014, 08:16 AM
You obviously do not live in reality. Of course the US Constitution is 400 years old! It was ratified by all 57 states too!

Gaffer
03-13-2014, 09:25 AM
Lee is the brightest among her constituents, which says a lot about those that elected her. I bet dey be proda her.

CSM
03-13-2014, 09:29 AM
Lee is the brightest among her constituents, which says a lot about those that elected her. I bet dey be proda her.

Wow, Gaffer! I didn't know you spoke Eubonics!

Thunderknuckles
03-13-2014, 01:48 PM
Not nearly as bad as D. Senator Cory Booker who who said the first road trip he ever took after getting his New Jersey driver's license was to Hawaii. :laugh:

http://freebeacon.com/dem-senator-i-drove-to-hawaii/

jafar00
03-13-2014, 04:22 PM
Pffft. You are following 400 year old customs. You need to modernise! :poke:

jimnyc
03-13-2014, 04:38 PM

I see what you did there, ya dirty bastard! :laugh:

Seriously though, most customs from the olden days that are condemned are punitive, and religious based. If we want to discuss governments, and their constitutions, and the citizens rights - NOTHING has EVER come even remotely close to what the "Founding Father's of the USA wrote 200+ years ago. And even better? I'm confident that no country has not only come close over the years, but nothing comes close to it today. Of course the amendments since then have arguably made it better, but both the day it was written and the updated version is better than any constitution out there. That's something to be proud of. It's amazing to read something from so long ago in which so many things apply perfectly to this day.

aboutime
03-13-2014, 04:42 PM

jafar. Thanks so much for proving how intellectually challenged you are, and on such an even plane with a BOX OF ROCKS.

Too bad you aren't here to join idiots like Lee, and Johnson. Both members of congress that managed to fool everybody.

Like Johnson. I guess you are waiting for the Island of GUAM to tip-over...because too many people are there.

And Lee...is not only wrong about the 400 years. She's also the congresswoman who remembered when AMERICA planted a flag on MARS.

gabosaurus
03-13-2014, 05:59 PM
jafar. Thanks so much for proving how intellectually challenged you are, and on such an even plane with a BOX OF ROCKS.

Too bad you aren't here to join idiots like Lee, and Johnson. Both members of congress that managed to fool everybody.

Like Johnson. I guess you are waiting for the Island of GUAM to tip-over...because too many people are there.

And Lee...is not only wrong about the 400 years. She's also the congresswoman who remembered when AMERICA planted a flag on MARS.

http://images4.fanpop.com/image/photos/22600000/Remember-Don-t-Feed-the-Trolls-fanpop-22675484-412-341.jpg

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
03-13-2014, 06:02 PM
You obviously do not live in reality. Of course the US Constitution is 400 years old! It was ratified by all 57 states too! Bravo! :beer: :clap: :beer: :salute:

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
03-13-2014, 06:06 PM
She also once said that SHE was a FREED SLAVE! So damn typically stupid and clueless and why not it's a dem virtue. :laugh: Proven by the fact that they just keep electing her.- :laugh2:--Tyr

gabosaurus
03-13-2014, 06:09 PM
I don't like in Houston and I know who Sheila Jackson Lee is. She is a continuous embarrassment to the Democratic Party and the liberal cause as a whole. Even most black people are embarrassed by her antics.

jimnyc
03-13-2014, 07:03 PM
I don't like in Houston and I know who Sheila Jackson Lee is. She is a continuous embarrassment to the Democratic Party and the liberal cause as a whole. Even most black people are embarrassed by her antics.

You don't like in Houston? Dumb or just a typo? Didn't you just get on someone else in another thread about writing something wrong? Only one claims to be involved with kids...

aboutime
03-13-2014, 07:06 PM
You don't like in Houston? Dumb or just a typo? Didn't you just get on someone else in another thread about writing something wrong? Only one claims to be involved with kids...

Jim. Gotta remember about gabby going on that cruise to see GUAM FLIP-OVER into the Ocean due to a heavy presence of Americans in uniform...ala...Congress Idiot Johnson.

As for the typo. We're not permitted to make them...but it's fine for the PERFECT ONE to do so. Just ask her.