PDA

View Full Version : 2-Year-Old Suspended from Daycare Over Cheese Sandwich

jimnyc
03-13-2014, 10:22 AM
Every parent has had it happen to them at one time or another: give your kid some food and think that they ate it only to find it in the car, in the toy box, or in a pocket days later.

It's exactly what happened to a dad in Canada, and it ended in a suspension for his toddler daughter.

According to The Huffington Post, Randy Murray gave his two-year-old a cheese sandwich to eat before leaving for her daycare. He didn't realize she decided to keep it and tucked it away somewhere for later snacking.

Administrators at Centre de l'Enfant Aux 4 vents in Ottawa brought the hammer down on the little girl for violating a "no outside food" policy. Bring food to school, and you're out for three days. If the food has peanuts, students can be expelled.

Regardless of the policy, Murray is upset he didn't just get a warning.

"They freaked out." He told the Ottawa Sun. "If I got a warning, I'd admit my mistake and move on. But it seems they want to penalize the parents. There's no logic to it. I'm going to the media because I think people have to speak up when something's fishy."

Nothing's fishy, Mr. Murray. While suspension may seem extreme, the daycare has the policy in place likely because several children have severe food allergies. Know what can happen as a result? Death. Death isn't fishy or illogical. It's pretty clear cut.

http://shine.yahoo.com/parenting/2-old-suspended-daycare-over-cheese-sandwich-203900195.html

tailfins
03-13-2014, 11:22 AM
I agree the Dr. Laura Schlessinger about not putting kids in day care. Had my wife not agreed to being a stay at home mom, I would never had married her.

Gaffer
03-14-2014, 10:07 AM
Seems to me it's time to find another day care.